I don't Like Short Players

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
I don't Like Short Players

Post by ANC »

the only good short players ever to play well for Nigeria are Martins, ikpeba and Henry Nwosu. The Simons, Azubuike Okechukwus, the Musas, etc should not be invited ever again. Kai it was a thing of shame being pushed around by the Poles and now serbians.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: I don't Like Short Players

Post by jette1 »

ANC wrote:the only good short players ever to play well for Nigeria are Martins, ikpeba and Henry Nwosu. The Simons, Azubuike Okechukwus, the Musas, etc should not be invited ever again. Kai it was a thing of shame being pushed around by the Poles and now serbians.
nonesense
babanjida, jay jay, amunike were all short.
Last edited by jette1 on Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

ANC wrote:the only good short players ever to play well for Nigeria are Martins, ikpeba and Henry Nwosu. The Simons, Azubuike Okechukwus, the Musas, etc should not be invited ever again. Kai it was a thing of shame being pushed around by the Poles and now serbians.

Ikpeba is probably taller than JJ. I think Muda Lawal was short-ish as well.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

jette1 wrote:
nonesense
babanjida, jay jay, amunike were all short

And honestly I didnt like any of those players.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

goke313 wrote:lol.....you sound like a girl on Tinder

Ok
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Ikepba can actually be excused.
soccernut
Egg
Egg

Post by soccernut »

A short player has to be constantly mobile and smart enough to read the game. If a short player knows how to dribble, shoot the ball, can run for 90 mins, as well as make intelligent passes -- he can be a nightmare for tall players. Just look at Iniesta.
onwuatuegwu
Egg
Egg

Post by onwuatuegwu »

Our players look too petit and fragile. That's why they are bullied around by those giant Serbians and Poles.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

onwuatuegwu wrote:
Our players look too petit and fragile. That's why they are bullied around by those giant Serbians and Poles.

So whats the solution? I rather SE lose with the likes of Ademola Adeshina, Chidi Nwanu, even Augstine Eguavone (who I dislike just like Oliseh), Omokaro etc. Kia what a crying shame. :cry: Sad the indomitable Lions didn't qualify.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Mods?
This guy is insulting a whole nation
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

So I guess you wouldn't want Messi on your team.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

mystic wrote:So I guess you wouldn't want Messi on your team.
He would probably take Peter Crouch over Messi... :D
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

goke313 wrote:lol.....you sound like a girl on Tinder
:rotf: Him and many others on here are suspect (gender issue,I doubt it they are girls)!
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Muda was not short....had the privilege of playing with and against him, he was over 6 foot...at least 6 '1''
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Rawlings wrote:Mods?
This guy is insulting a whole nation
On this i agree with you...like they say a broken clock gets it right once in a day :lol:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

ANC wrote:
jette1 wrote:
nonesense
babanjida, jay jay, amunike were all short
And honestly I didnt like any of those players.
You didn't like Okocha or Amunike .... but according to you Ikpeba was one of the good "short" players to play for Nigeria?

I am curious, was this thread opened for comic relief? I mean, surely as a fan of the Eagles you would favour the best conceivable squad, whether it includes Victor Agali and Sadiq Umar .... or the Ghanaian-Nigerians Pius Ikedia and Rabiu Ibrahim. :)
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

oloye wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Muda was not short....had the privilege of playing with and against him, he was over 6 foot...at least 6 '1''

Thanks...interesting. He didnt look that tall on TV...maybe because we had big guys like Odegbami, CCC, Bamidele, and Okala.

How tall was Ogedegbe? he also looked short for a GK (maybe because of Okala?).
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Dumb subject!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

what's your height?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
oloye wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Thanks...interesting. He didnt look that tall on TV...maybe because we had big guys like Odegbami, CCC, Bamidele, and Okala.

How tall was Ogedegbe? he also looked short for a GK (maybe because of Okala?).

Its okay to have one or two exceptional bredas (Messi, Edgar Davids etc) on a team. But when over fifty percent of the players are slight and "petit", the team is no longer Super Eagles. I think John Ogu has almost zero latent, but I was so happy when he was introduced into the Serb match. Fellows, this is a problem and teams are going to use it. After suffering terribly in 1994 from over fouling opponents, I had secretly prayed that SE would become more polished and guile; less like the Indomitable Lions. I guess one should be careful what they wish for. Kai even Ndidi, an "enforcer" was pushed around like a rag doll. :cry:
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
what's your height?

irrelevant. Though i am taller than Edgar Davids, but the brother probably would have a greater fight in him than me...on the green grass. Its not simply about height...its an over simplification, i admit. But the SE needs size and she needs it like yesterday.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

ANC wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
what's your height?

irrelevant. Though i am taller than Edgar Davids, but the brother probably would have a greater fight in him than me...on the green grass. Its not simply about height...its an over simplification, i admit. But the SE needs size and she needs it like yesterday.
how tall are you?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved