Peru 3-1 Iceland

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

greg
Egg
Egg
Peru 3-1 Iceland

Post by greg »

This Icelandic team know how to do one thing really well: cross the ball and attack it during set pieces and open play. At our current state, SE na easy meat for them. True to God. I started watching the game expecting to see a one-dimensional team, but they are actually quite tricky using team work to create space for the open man i.e. they dribbu as a team. SE better improve fast at defending long balls into the box or this is surely 3 points for them at the WC.
Last edited by greg on Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Peru 1-1 Iceland (HT)

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

:huh:
greg wrote:This Icelandic team know how to do one thing really well: cross the ball and attack it during set pieces and open play. At our current state, SE na easy meat for them. True to God. I started watching the game expecting to see a one-dimensional team, but they are actually quite tricky using team work to create space for the open man i.e. they dribbu as a team. SE better improve fast at defending long balls into the box or this is surely 3 points for them at the WC.
So why are they not beating Peru? Abeg, gerrarra hia mein, u think we gonna show up to play tennis wit dem? Some of u people are just straight up delusional, picking players like its roadside suya. Iceland and SE no dey the same level.
OCCUPY NFF!!
greg
Egg
Egg
Re: Peru 2-1 Iceland (HT)

Post by greg »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote::huh:
greg wrote:This Icelandic team know how to do one thing really well: cross the ball and attack it during set pieces and open play. At our current state, SE na easy meat for them. True to God. I started watching the game expecting to see a one-dimensional team, but they are actually quite tricky using team work to create space for the open man i.e. they dribbu as a team. SE better improve fast at defending long balls into the box or this is surely 3 points for them at the WC.
So why are they not beating Peru? Abeg, gerrarra hia mein, u think we gonna show up to play tennis wit dem? Some of u people are just straight up delusional, picking players like its roadside suya. Iceland and SE no dey the same level.
:clap: yeah that's the spirit! :biggrin: England also thought they weren't in their class. make we see how our England match go be. :biggrin:
Last edited by greg on Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
greg
Egg
Egg
Re: Peru 2-1 Iceland (HT)

Post by greg »

Iceland is vulnerable to the high press though. Peru started 2H playing them half field playing quick passes, and they started making mistakes and lost their shape. Inevitably the go ahead goal came. Let's see if Iceland respond like they did after Peru 1st goal.
greg
Egg
Egg
Re: Peru 2-1 Iceland

Post by greg »

3-1. Lesson learned..keep them in their half and they won't win free kicks around your box to execute the only things they really know how to do.
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg
Re: Peru 3-1 Iceland

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Peru destroy Croatia and Iceland.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

So all the teams in our world cup group lost today, interesting :D
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

Mexico vs Croatia is still ongoing
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

I think that Iceland and Croatia will have noted our weakness in defending dead ball situations. If we don't improve in this area, we will surely be punished at the World Cup.

Having said that, the good thing is that we have friendlies coming up against England and Czech Republic coming up in the build-up to the World Cup. Both teams will test our set piece defending, and we'll get a chance to see if we will have improved in this area.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Iceland lost 3-0 and 3-1 and all I am hearing is what they do well...Fans are funny mehn... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Robbynice wrote:Iceland lost 3-0 and 3-1 and all I am hearing is what they do well...Fans are funny mehn... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Robbynice wrote:Iceland lost 3-0 and 3-1 and all I am hearing is what they do well...Fans are funny mehn... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
It's a damn shame if you ask me. :agree:
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

It's not all you are "hearing". Re-read the thread and see their flaws too. Ignore their strengths though and pay for it like England did.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

This is where Balogun is key for us. He, Ighalo, Mikel and Ndidi must win everything in the air.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Igalo win stuff in the Air? Against who? How tall is Igalo? Omo Not unless he plays with a stepladder
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

Some of u faithless mugus should go 2 the knitting forum. Jara nonsense talk full dia.
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

Man Ataye wrote:

Some of u faithless mugus should go 2 the knitting forum. Jara nonsense talk full dia.
Sorry I can't help you with the miserable day u are having. :lol:
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

greg wrote:
Man Ataye wrote:

Sorry I can't help you with the miserable day u are having. :lol:

Sorry ya Iceland lost again. Naija go handle Dem. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Last edited by Man Ataye on Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

Iceland's problem is they have about 15 or so very good players in their squad. The rest are jambodies and in their friendlies they have been trying to find out which of the jambodies has any chance.

Only about three of their normal starting 11 started against Peru. Like all friendlies it is important to know the coach and squads motivation in understanding how significant the result is, or not.
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

AreaDaddy wrote:Iceland's problem is they have about 15 or so very good players in their squad. The rest are jambodies and in their friendlies they have been trying to find out which of the jambodies has any chance.

Only about three of their normal starting 11 started against Peru. Like all friendlies it is important to know the coach and squads motivation in understanding how significant the result is, or not.
They don't have 15 very good players. They just don't. They have a sprinkling of good players and the sum is greater than its parts.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Let me get this straight, Iceland lost 3-1 to Peru and we did 2-0 to Serbia yet you conclude we will fall to Iceland
If anything it just says a lot about the state of your mind rather than the state of the Eagles

Anyway, all will be settled on the field not in the mind of greg :P
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

akamoke wrote:
Let me get this straight, Iceland lost 3-1 to Peru and we did 2-0 to Serbia yet you conclude we will fall to Iceland
If anything it just says a lot about the state of your mind rather than the state of the Eagles

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

akamoke wrote:

Bros, with all due respect Nigeria is not yet as sharp and cohesive as Peru at this time, but that's besides the point. There is no point in the post above where I "concluded" that we will lose to them at the WC. Re-read with a clear head abeg. :D