Kelechi Nwakali should be invited immediately

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

osita
Egg
Egg
Kelechi Nwakali should be invited immediately

Post by osita »

The friendly against Serbia has further shown that we are lacking in the creative side of our team. Also, the attack is quite blunt as i have repeatedly said that Igahlo is not up to par and will need competition from other Nigeria attacking talents round the world e.g Paul Onachu, cyriel Dessers, Sadiq Umar, Awoniyi, Bonaventure Dennis e.t.c .Even if the midfield has the presence of our captain Mikel, we will still struggle to get goals from Ighalo, and his style is quite predictable, his finishing is below par and can be marked out of a game due to direct style of play.

The Argentina game against spain has shown that Argentina can not really do much without messi's presence. This same thing could happen to Nigeria if Mikel is injured or is ruled out due to accumulated cards

I believe that the immediate inclusion of Kelechi Nwakali will have the added bit to our midfield if mikel is not available. Kelechi's game is very similar to mikel and he has very much improved in his game. iwobi is not physically ready to play that position for us.

Am no agent just concerned that we might be missing an opportunity not to include Kelech Nwakali now.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Kelechi Nwakali should be invited immediately

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

No matter how poor a season he is having in Holland, the fact remains that this boy is our most talented playmaker. Speaking with Rohr yesterday though, I think what he plans to do is wait for Onyekuru to get fit and play him and Moses out wide, then use Iwobi as his playmaker.

Personally, I think Nwakali is a far better playmaker than Iwobi but alas, I am not the coach. Alternatively, he may use Mikel as his playmaker but again, who uses a 31 year old as their playmaker?
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Una don start again....just what exactly has he done for his club? I am asking a genuine question ni o....because if he has not set his club ablaze , i am struggling to see what he will do differently from the ones we are destroying now for losing a friendly to Serbia.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

oloye wrote:Una don start again....just what exactly has he done for his club? I am asking a genuine question ni o....because if he has not set his club ablaze , i am struggling to see what he will do differently from the ones we are destroying now for losing a friendly to Serbia.

The same question should be addressed to you, what exactly has Ighalo, Onazi, Agbo, Mikel agu, Musa done for there clubs compared with kelechi Nwakali?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:No matter how poor a season he is having in Holland, the fact remains that this boy is our most talented playmaker. Speaking with Rohr yesterday though, I think what he plans to do is wait for Onyekuru to get fit and play him and Moses out wide, then use Iwobi as his playmaker.

Personally, I think Nwakali is a far better playmaker than Iwobi but alas, I am not the coach. Alternatively, he may use Mikel as his playmaker but again, who uses a 31 year old as their playmaker?
You spoke to Rohr? Why not divulge the details of what his plans are?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Tobi17 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:No matter how poor a season he is having in Holland, the fact remains that this boy is our most talented playmaker. Speaking with Rohr yesterday though, I think what he plans to do is wait for Onyekuru to get fit and play him and Moses out wide, then use Iwobi as his playmaker.

You spoke to Rohr? Why not divulge the details of what his plans are?
Super Eagles' winning streak ends with 0-2 loss to Serbia as they succumb to two second half goals - See more at: https://goo.gl/MKLCG5
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Everything I have seen in these two games has confirmed my view that this is Nigeria's strongest 11:

***********************************Ighalo**********************************

****************Moses**************************Onyekuru****************

***********************************Nwakali********************************

***********************Mikel*********************Ndidi*********************

***Joel*************Balogun****************Ekong*************Ebuehi***

******************************************Uzoho******************************

Rest of the squad:
[1 Aiyenugba
[2] Alampasu
[3] Abdullahi
[4] Idowu
[5] Awaziem
[6] Omeruo
[7] Onazi
[8] Etebo
[9] Iwobi
[10] Ideye
[11] Iheanacho
[12]Emmanuel Bonaventure/ Cyriel Dessers/ Noah Bazee/Ahmed Musa/Simon Moses

Standby players
Dele Ajiboye
Ola Aina
Uche Agbo
Abdul Ajagun
Kayode Olanrewaju

This may not be the squad Rohr uses but in my opinion, it is the strongest we have. He will name his initial 30 after the DR Congo game. Let us hope he is brave enough to invite one or two new faces to the team for that match.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

osita wrote:
oloye wrote:Una don start again....just what exactly has he done for his club? I am asking a genuine question ni o....because if he has not set his club ablaze , i am struggling to see what he will do differently from the ones we are destroying now for losing a friendly to Serbia.

The same question should be addressed to you, what exactly has Ighalo, Onazi, Agbo, Mikel agu, Musa done for there clubs compared with kelechi Nwakali?

Stop asking question with a question.my friend or gerraaa hia! Nwakali ko, Nwanegbo ni.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Tufiakwa. Enemies of Nigeria. Kelechi is not anywhere near ready. And I love him by the way.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Cally wrote:Tufiakwa. Enemies of Nigeria. Kelechi is not anywhere near ready. And I love him by the way.
I agree that he is not really ready but the bitter fact remains that we do not have a better playmaker. Now, we have to deal with that reality!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

osita wrote:The friendly against Serbia has further shown that we are lacking in the creative side of our team. Also, the attack is quite blunt as i have repeatedly said that Igahlo is not up to par and will need competition from other Nigeria attacking talents round the world e.g Paul Onachu, cyriel Dessers, Sadiq Umar, Awoniyi, Bonaventure Dennis e.t.c .Even if the midfield has the presence of our captain Mikel, we will still struggle to get goals from Ighalo, and his style is quite predictable, his finishing is below par and can be marked out of a game due to direct style of play.

The Argentina game against spain has shown that Argentina can not really do much without messi's presence. This same thing could happen to Nigeria if Mikel is injured or is ruled out due to accumulated cards

I believe that the immediate inclusion of Kelechi Nwakali will have the added bit to our midfield if mikel is not available. Kelechi's game is very similar to mikel and he has very much improved in his game. iwobi is not physically ready to play that position for us.

Am no agent just concerned that we might be missing an opportunity not to include Kelech Nwakali now.
When was the last time you saw Nwakali, play
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Cally wrote:Tufiakwa. Enemies of Nigeria. Kelechi is not anywhere near ready. And I love him by the way.
You dey mind , they want to serve the boy to sharks. Osita no sharp at all
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

I was at The Hive yesterday and my views are as follows:-

Uzoho - Easily our new number 1. Ezenwa just is not physical enough.
Ebuehi - He will receive flak because the 2 goals came from his side but truth is Iwobi who was ahead of him did not give him cover to protect him. Silky, lovely and confident touch.
Ekong - Solid
Awaziem - Good reserve for Balogun but certainly not better than Balogun
Idowu - Lovely touch. Loved the fact that he even went ahead further than Moses in situations with Moses hanging back as his support. Iwobi needs to learn that.
Joel Obi - Terrible, terrible performance. We all groaned when he supplied a poor pass in the 2nd half. Was he tired because he did better against Poland?
Ndidi - Solid
Onazi - I am not a fan of Ogenyi Onazi and I don't believe he is national team class but I know why Rohr plays him. Onazi is energetic and bubbly and when he dribbled a serb again and again, he showed that he can step up.
Moses - VicMo looked tired and disinterested. Perhaps he was already thinking of Chelsea. That free-kick right in front of us in the 1st half was too poor.
Iwobi - An engima, weird, peculiar. Dribbled folk at will and you ask "why don't you just go and do that in more dangerous areas?" Typical Arsenal "huff and puff". Needs to grow up. He exposed Ebuehi too much. Irritating for such great talent. Needs to leave Wenger immediately and go to a coach that can improve him. Brilliant at inter-passing and fearless when he wants.
Musa - Nobody likes him but it is because they dont understand him. The serb defenders were old and slow and not a single pass through the floor or over their heads to set Musa's pace off. Made Branislav Ivanovic look world class again. Rohr should keep Musa in the squad because he gives so many options.
Ighalo - Held the ball with power and would have scored given support.
Aina - That boy can throw the ball, my God!

Overall Assessment
The lack of a creative midfielder was too glaring. Jon Mikel Obi is now as indispensable to Nigeria as Lionel Messi is to Argentina. There was no effective leader on our side. Talk of Kelechi Nwakali is utter BS. Rohr has his work cut out and this defeat is good at this time. England will offer a very stiff test. Rohr will need to manage Mikel carefully and continue to assess options. On another day, we will beat Serbia. Each time we attacked, they had the fear of our unpredictability.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
You dey mind , they want to serve the boy to sharks. Osita no sharp at all
In 2010 we did the exact same thing to Haruna, his career never recovered.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Nah so dem call for Rabiu before last world cup..

I personally don't think Nwakali is some magical panacea to the creative issues we have but for those saying "he is not ready" what makes Uzoho anymore ready than Nwakali? If we are willing to throw a 19 year old goalkeeper into the deep end to figure it out and learn on the job, why not Nwakali?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

To the U23 team.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Uncle wAyo, you are one obstinate individual.

Mikel is a playmaker for Naijaria. Get that into your head...

Bunch of guys who should be coming off the bench played yesterday... Uzohu, Idowu, Awaziem, Ebuehi, Joel, Onazi, Iwobi, and Musa. With these guys on the bench we will have a much deeper team. And also be effective having people capable of changing the game when they come on.

Based on how Iwobi has been playing this year and later part of last year he should be coming off the bench.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Wouldn't invite Nwakali at this point. Would stick with either Mikel or Iwobi in the AM role. Iwobi with his movement and ability on the ball can thrive in the AM role. Onyekeru if fit, or Simon can take Iwobi's place on the wings
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

So you invite Nwakali good but if he finds it hard to settle in quick enough then what?You see Nigerian fans are not patient but in a World Cup year they want a clogged up list of players to try in a game that allows 6 substitions then they make up their minds whether that player should play for Nigeria ever again (good job these beer bellies ain’t coaching sh..)!
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I would have been stunned if they didnt start. One thing you can definitely guarantee is that a Nigerian is the most predicable person in the world.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Argentina -- Banege (29); Di Maria (30)
Croatia -- Rakitic (30) ; Modric (32)
Iceland -- Gylfi Sigurðsson (28)

Brazil - Wilian (29)

Germany - Ozil (29)

Personally, I dont care. I just think most times you write without thinking.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

They shouted, danced and rioted until Joel Obi was called. Some of those who wanted him were throwing him under the bus after the Serbia game. They've moved on to Kelechi.

At least they saw Joel Obi play at club level.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

osita wrote:The friendly against Serbia has further shown that we are lacking in the creative side of our team. Also, the attack is quite blunt as i have repeatedly said that Igahlo is not up to par and will need competition from other Nigeria attacking talents round the world e.g Paul Onachu, cyriel Dessers, Sadiq Umar, Awoniyi, Bonaventure Dennis e.t.c .Even if the midfield has the presence of our captain Mikel, we will still struggle to get goals from Ighalo, and his style is quite predictable, his finishing is below par and can be marked out of a game due to direct style of play.

Nigerians do not change. The soccer player who is not available or who is outside the team, is always presented as THE ANSWER. It is the substitution, not management or strategy, mindset. Laughable.