Nigeria is by far the strongest team in Group D

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria is by far the strongest team in Group D

Post by Man Ataye »

No disrespect, but the Ice Boys i don't c denting the Argies . They knowing they will have it tuff against us n Croats , u think they will let one slip away at their expense? Especially 2 Iceland,??? Soccer is funny, I know, but I dont c it. Also, lets not get carried away by euro 2014.
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Man Ataye wrote:No disrespect, but the Ice Boys i don't c denting the Argies . They knowing they will have it tuff against us n Croats , u think they will let one slip away at their expense? Especially 2 Iceland,??? Soccer is funny, I know, but I dont c it. Also, lets not get carried away by euro 2014.
I see Iceland as a far bigger threat than Argentina at the moment. Argentina’s defence is a damn sieve. I swear, even Ghana can beat them at the moment!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

YUJAM wrote:Dude. You make no sense. You think Argentina will be shut out by Croatia and Iceland even though they have Messi, Kun and Higuain?
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Undertaker wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Undertaker wrote:So nobody watched Croatia vs. Mexico last night? Argentina with Messi and Croatia are better than us!
I guess Messi is going to marshal Argentina’s woeful defence too. Some of you just write without thinking.

Go and see how legless Croatia were against Peru. They have one of the oldest teams in the World Cup and will get run ragged.

Let me leave it here before I explode with rage. Please do not ever write such nonsense in public again!

Ayo, you too dey yarn rubbish upon rubbish to make a stupid point! I love Nigeria more than the next guy but I don't see us beating Croatia or Argentina! We could get a draw against Croatia, beat Iceland and get beat by Argentina and still get out of the group however.

Idiotic nonsense. Watch Argentina end the campaign with zero points. You naively think that past history has a way of preventing goals being scored against you.

Both Croatia and Iceland will beat Argentina 2-0 with ease! You are clearly still living in 1986!
(1) Yujam, I expect you to know better than this
(2) You should not be saying the same nonsense as these JJCs
(3) Argentina’s problems are at the back
(4) Their defence is like a sieve
(5) At the moment, Ghana, Cameroon and Ivory Coast all have better defences than Argentina
(6) Otamendi, Rojo and Mascherano are all total liabilities. Run at them and they will fall apart
(7) Yes, Messi, Aguero, De Maria and Higuain will score goals but for every three they score, Argentina will concede five
(8) You will see Argentina losing in high scoring matches come the World Cup
(9) I am not saying anything new as this has been the case for the last two years. Argentina defended woefully throughout the qualifiers
(10) Playing well upfront but having a defence that leaks is a recipe for defeat!
Last edited by Ayo Akinfe on Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
esosa
Egg
Egg

Post by esosa »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Man Ataye wrote:No disrespect, but the Ice Boys i don't c denting the Argies . They knowing they will have it tuff against us n Croats , u think they will let one slip away at their expense? Especially 2 Iceland,??? Soccer is funny, I know, but I dont c it. Also, lets not get carried away by euro 2014.
I see Iceland as a far bigger threat than Argentina at the moment. Argentina’s defence is a damn sieve. I swear, even Ghana can beat them at the moment!
And the Eagles' defense is what? I dont understand this cycle of misguided optimism on this forum that we have had the last few world cups - by the same culprits. When people tell the truth about how poorly prepared the team is they are accused of not loving Nigeria. Will anybody be surprised if the eagles dont win a single game at the world cup? Will anyone really be shocked?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

esosa wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
And the Eagles' defense is what? I dont understand this cycle of misguided optimism on this forum that we have had the last few world cups - by the same culprits. When people tell the truth about how poorly prepared the team is they are accused of not loving Nigeria. Will anybody be surprised if the eagles dont win a single game at the world cup? Will anyone really be shocked?
Nigeria is two classes above Argentina at the moment. Our defence is rock solid. Serbia cannot score against us in a competitive game!
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
YUJAM wrote:Dude. You make no sense. You think Argentina will be shut out by Croatia and Iceland even though they have Messi, Kun and Higuain?
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Undertaker wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Undertaker wrote:So nobody watched Croatia vs. Mexico last night? Argentina with Messi and Croatia are better than us!
I guess Messi is going to marshal Argentina’s woeful defence too. Some of you just write without thinking.

Go and see how legless Croatia were against Peru. They have one of the oldest teams in the World Cup and will get run ragged.

Let me leave it here before I explode with rage. Please do not ever write such nonsense in public again!

Ayo, you too dey yarn rubbish upon rubbish to make a stupid point! I love Nigeria more than the next guy but I don't see us beating Croatia or Argentina! We could get a draw against Croatia, beat Iceland and get beat by Argentina and still get out of the group however.

Idiotic nonsense. Watch Argentina end the campaign with zero points. You naively think that past history has a way of preventing goals being scored against you.

Both Croatia and Iceland will beat Argentina 2-0 with ease! You are clearly still living in 1986!
(5) At the moment, Ghana, Cameroon and Ivory Coast all have better defences than Brazil
(6) Otamendi, Rojo and Mascherano are all total liabilities. Run at them and they will fall apart
(7) Yes, Messi, Aguero, De Maria and Higuain will score goals but for every three they score, Argentina will concede five
(9) I am not saying anything new as this has been the case for the last two years. Argentina defended woefully throughout the qualifiers
(10) Playing well upfront but having a defence that leaks is a recipe for defeat!
Than Brazil? Really? which Brazil? Their under 17 team may be? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

You keep believing this hype. Argentina is solid in all areas. Otamendi is one of the best defenders in the EPL and he can hurt you aerially too. Argentina has a lot of other options at CB other than Rojo. Mercado of Sevilla is solid at RB or CM. Mascherano is still imperious at DM. As for Messi, he changes games because teams have to think about him and pay attention to where he is on the field. So yes Messi's presence alone will make teams be a bit more careful about attacking them recklessly.

Bro you need to check yourself before you suffer a serious disappointment. Nigeria has a chance against all the sides in its group. But to dismiss them as you have simply makes no sense
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Undertaker wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

(5) At the moment, Ghana, Cameroon and Ivory Coast all have better defences than Brazil
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I have no time for those who are talking crap about Argentina. Their current team cannot win the African Nations Cup!
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

One good thing about my brother Ayo is that he is a man of courage that love giving encouragement to people to keep hope when it matter most. At least we have hope....
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I would rather be a Nigerian, Croatian or Icelandic fan than an Argentine supporter at the moment. They are a hopeless basketcase. Their defence is like a sieve. No team on earth can put six past Nigeria, Croatia or Iceland under any circumstances!