Nigeria is by far the strongest team in Group D

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Nigeria is by far the strongest team in Group D

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

[1] Some fickle people are panicking after the loss last night but hey, that is us. Some people just drift with the tide
[2] Nothing I have seen has changed my view that Nigeria is the strongest team in Group D
[3] Nothing has made me alter my view that we should be picking up nine points
[4] At the moment, Argentina is looking like the weakest team in the group
[5] Iceland for me appear to be out of their depths
[6] Croatia are an ageing side with no legs
[7] I see no reason why Nigeria should not take Croatia and Iceland apart as Peru recently did
[8] If yesterday's game was a competitive match, we would have beaten Serbia 3-0 with ease. I could see the boys playing within themselves, whereas the Serbs gave it all they had. We were in Gear two and they were in Gear Five
[9] After the game, Rohr said he is pleased we lost as it will now give him some respite. if we had won, the pressure on him to win the World Cup would have been unbearable
[10] Argentina who got hammered 1-6 last night, Iceland, who lost twice in succession and the legless Croatia hold no fears for me at all. We just need Onyekuru back and to sort out the playmaker issues and we are home and dry in my opinion.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria is by far the strongest team in Group D

Post by Purity »

Bros, You drink soared Kunu?? Argentina with Messi and Kun very good..
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:[1] Some fickle people are panicking after the loss last night but hey, that is us. Some people just drift with the tide
[2] Nothing I have seen has changed my view that Nigeria is the strongest team in Group D
[7] I see no reason why Nigeria should not take Croatia and Iceland apart as Peru recently did
[8] If yesterday's game was a competitive match, we would have beaten Serbia 3-0 with ease. I could see the boys playing within themselves, whereas the Serbs gave it all they had. We were in Gear two and they were in Gear Five
[9] After the game, Rohr said he is pleased we lost as it will now give him some respite. if we had won, the pressure on him to win the World Cup would have been unbearable
[10] Argentina who got hammered 1-6 last night, Iceland, who lost twice in succession and the legless Croatia hold no fears for me at all. We just need Onyekuru back and to sort out the playmaker issues and we are home and dry in my opinion.
I stopped reading because the writer clearly doesn't know what much about World Cups.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Purity wrote:Bros, You drink soared Kunu?? Argentina with Messi and Kun very good..
Are they going to defend too?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

I’m glad didn’t fall for Serbia game hoax. SE will be too tough for the Croatia and Iceland teams I saw in the last week. The Arguments game shouldn’t even matter.
OCCUPY NFF!!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...June still far, many wata go pass under bridge before real action start. No shaking no worries till then :thumbs: :thumbs:
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

I had not watched the Nigerian game live as I was busy all day out of town and deep into work. In any case, from what I watched later (admittedly without the usual tense atmosphere) I have no serious worries about Nigeria. But one must also state that results from these friendlies as they pertain to a seasoned team like Argentina should be cast into a garbage bin. Tournament proper will be different.

Going into our remaining three friendlies,the game that I believe Nigeria will take seriously is the game v England because of its immense psychological importance. As for the Congo game, everyone should be playing in that game (i.e. all fringe players) and the result that matters is simply not to lose at home. In the Czech game, the most important result, besides testing out tactical stuff, will be avoiding injuries. That is just my tuppence.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:[1] Some fickle people are panicking after the loss last night but hey, that is us. Some people just drift with the tide
Ayo, sincere question for you? What is your opinion on Ebuehi's game last night. An off day, or he froze in the headlights?
To stop trying is to start dying
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Shownoja wrote:
Ayo, sincere question for you? What is your opinion on Ebuehi's game last night. An off day, or he froze in the headlights?

One bad game does not make a great player terrible. Matic and Tadic also had poor games yesterday.
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Shownoja wrote:

One bad game does not make a great player terrible. Matic and Tadic also had poor games yesterday.
Matic? He bossed our midfield around yesterday save for Ndidi
To stop trying is to start dying
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Shownoja wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Shownoja wrote:

Matic? He bossed our midfield around yesterday save for Ndidi
Ndidi had the better of him!
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

By world cup end we go know if Ayo still lives in England or he don move to one of dem states in America wey don legal gbana and him nor tell us..
Pa
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

Let them come back to Africa (vs DRC) to reset. lol
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

So nobody watched Croatia vs. Mexico last night? Argentina with Messi and Croatia are better than us!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Undertaker wrote:So nobody watched Croatia vs. Mexico last night? Argentina with Messi and Croatia are better than us!
I guess Messi is going to marshal Argentina’s woeful defence too. Some of you just write without thinking.

Go and see how legless Croatia were against Peru. They have one of the oldest teams in the World Cup and will get run ragged.

Let me leave it here before I explode with rage. Please do not ever write such nonsense in public again!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Shownoja wrote:

But you used half a game to say he should replace Shehu, then used 15 minutes vs Poland to buttress your point. But suddenly now over 90 minutes of bad play does not make a player bad...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

maceo4 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Shownoja wrote:

But you used half a game to say he should replace Shehu, then used 15 minutes vs Poland to buttress your point. But suddenly now over 90 minutes of bad play does not make a player bad...
Take it or leave it but Ebuehi is two classes above Abdullahi!
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Patriotic enthused optimism - We actually are the weakest on paper!!
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Undertaker wrote:So nobody watched Croatia vs. Mexico last night? Argentina with Messi and Croatia are better than us!
I guess Messi is going to marshal Argentina’s woeful defence too. Some of you just write without thinking.

Go and see how legless Croatia were against Peru. They have one of the oldest teams in the World Cup and will get run ragged.

Let me leave it here before I explode with rage. Please do not ever write such nonsense in public again!

Ayo, you too dey yarn rubbish upon rubbish to make a stupid point! I love Nigeria more than the next guy but I don't see us beating Croatia or Argentina! We could get a draw against Croatia, beat Iceland and get beat by Argentina and still get out of the group however.
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Undertaker wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Ayo, you too dey yarn rubbish upon rubbish to make a stupid point! I love Nigeria more than the next guy but I don't see us beating Croatia or Argentina! We could get a draw against Croatia, beat Iceland and get beat by Argentina and still get out of the group however.
Idiotic nonsense. Watch Argentina end the campaign with zero points. You naively think that past history has a way of preventing goals being scored against you.

Both Croatia and Iceland will beat Argentina 2-0 with ease! You are clearly still living in 1986!
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Dude. You make no sense. You think Argentina will be shut out by Croatia and Iceland even though they have Messi, Kun and Higuain?
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Undertaker wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Idiotic nonsense. Watch Argentina end the campaign with zero points. You naively think that past history has a way of preventing goals being scored against you.

Both Croatia and Iceland will beat Argentina 2-0 with ease! You are clearly still living in 1986!
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Eh????? So u mean 2 tell me the Croats r still peddling those oldies????? :shock: :shock: :blink: :???: Dem go receive somtin.
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....