Mama Calabar Technical Committee reveals why we lost

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Mama Calabar Technical Committee reveals why we lost

Post by Gotti »

soccernut wrote: - Kelechi needs to improve on his first touch and increase his speed when running into space. He needs to work on his crosses so he can whip the ball into the box whenever he is playing from the wings or even in an overlapping capacity. I see a confidence issue here as well as a degree of complacency. He is a very intelligent footballer and in his first season with Man City he showed us what he is capable of. He needs to regain "the eye of the tiger" attitude. A good striker may have a bad day at the office but he knows what to do next time – in short he has to impose his presence on the pitch. Just like he did in the under-17 tournament in 2015. Yes, I know the senior WC is a different kettle of fish, but Kelechi has had enough exposure with top-flight football at this stage of his career. Case in point: Messi, Kanu and Mikel Obi. All previous MVPs of the under-17 WC.
Bros, how is this your “observations of the Serbia match” when Kelechi did NOT play in the game? :blink:

PS: Just for the record, Mikel did not win the MVP of the U17 World Cup - Cesc Fabregas won it in Mikel’s tournament (2003), while Nigeria did not make it out of the group stages (crashing out via coin toss). Also, Kele played U17 in 2013 (not 2015).
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

You always know when things get very technical - when there's hardly any alcohol on the table. :tic:

Compared to Ayo's technical meetings Wey you go see a tray of pounded yam with a whole cow Wey done die, lie on top of the mound with all fours pointing in the air. :twisted: The only thing technical is how Dem do chop the cow :tic:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Gotti wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:Plince, those your trainers are... "one kind". :D
He came straight from work and didn’t have time to change...
:D :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

soccernut wrote:My observations of the Serbia match:

- Iwobi plays as though he is scared of injury and also tends to wait until he is in a free position. In the second half he began to make some runs. A player of his talent level ought to be able to collect the ball in midfield and waltz his way into the final third with speed and sublime dribbling skills.

- Ighalo is good and loves to hold the ball but he sometimes appears a tad too late when receiving passes outside the box or inside the box. He relies on using his weight to shield the defender, but he is a very talented player, and so, needs to make more incise runs when he drops deep - like a Yekini. I believe losing 10lbs can go a long way to aid him with his mobility. This is a player that has the potential of being explosive – a combination of Thompson Usiyen and Rasheed Yekini.

Ebuehi - Smart defender but plays a bit on the fragile side sometimes, and loves to clear the ball to the sidelines even when there is a chance for him to kick the ball up field. His lanky frame doesn't exactly help --as burly forwards will look to take advantage with their physical edge. If anything, if he beefs up before the WC -- it will help his physical game more.

Moses – Dude is a true baller but needs to look up more, make passes on time and improve on his crosses. He needs to be less selfish. Moses and Ighalo ought to have a network established between the outside right and center of the box. He needs to vary the type of crosses (heights, intensity) with different spins on the ball. E.g. Finnidi. I see Moses, Iwobi and Ighalo as a formidable trio in the last third-- if they can practice choreographing their passes, generate more speed, deploy dribbling skills and dummying tactics, as well as work on timely lobs and crosses to the big man in the box.

- Kelechi needs to improve on his first touch and increase his speed when running into space. He needs to work on his crosses so he can whip the ball into the box whenever he is playing from the wings or even in an overlapping capacity. I see a confidence issue here as well as a degree of complacency. He is a very intelligent footballer and in his first season with Man City he showed us what he is capable of. He needs to regain "the eye of the tiger" attitude. A good striker may have a bad day at the office but he knows what to do next time – in short he has to impose his presence on the pitch. Just like he did in the under-17 tournament in 2015. Yes, I know the senior WC is a different kettle of fish, but Kelechi has had enough exposure with top-flight football at this stage of his career. Case in point: Messi, Kanu and Mikel Obi. All previous MVPs of the under-17 WC .

- Uzoho will improve in confidence with more games under his belt. He needs to do a better job of coordinating his last 4 when there is an offensive / counter attack from the wings.

Ekong – Arguably, SEs best defender at the moment. We definitely missed Balogun, as these two seem to be more in synch at the back.

Onazi - Appears overweight and has a slight gut. He needs to up his cardio before WC. I'm not too convinced with his form right now. He seems to give away the ball a lot in midfield. I suspect he may be past his prime. He was a beast in 2014 before the infamous injury against France.

Musa – He is definitely not first 11 material for SE. However, because of his speed, he still poses a threat to opposing teams when he comes in as a sub.

Joel Obi – Spotty at times, but I believe he would make a good sub in the midfield.

Ndidi – He seems like our most confident player on the field even though he didn’t particularly have a great game. But his presence could certainly be felt. His game level will be raised as soon as our starting 11 takes shape.

Overall, this team needs to keep the ball on the ground more as they are not very effective with aerial balls and passes. Our AMs and strikers need to run more. Just like Spain does. The apparent lethargic runs from some of our players’ hints at fitness issues and in some cases could be as a result of Naija diet (Lol. Hope not!). Someone mentioned they visited Mama Calabar the other day .Yes, as much as we all love jollof rice or pounded yam --you have to be on your A-game (as far as diet is concerned) 3 months to the WC or at the pre-WC friendlies stage. I have often wondered why some of our players appear stuck to the ground and only move once the ball reaches them. You cannot do “tiki-taka” or expect stringing passes if there is no on and off- the -ball movement, diagonal runs, turn and change direction mobility. I mean we don’t even have players that demonstrate positional awareness and can back-pass to another approaching player in a counter-offensive break.

There is still time for Mr. Rohr to sort out these issues, which I’m sure he will --especially if we get the likes of Onyekuru in time for future friendlies. I honestly believe we can still cause a few upsets this summer. Go SE!
Wullup wullup!! Kelechi bi ti bawo. O ga ooo.
yes o
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

pajimoh wrote:Image
You always know when things get very technical - when there's hardly any alcohol on the table. :tic:

Compared to Ayo's technical meetings Wey you go see a tray of pounded yam with a whole cow Wey done die, lie on top of the mound with all fours pointing in the air. :twisted: The only thing technical is how Dem do chop the cow :tic:

Who's the guy sitting between Prince and CIC?

Yo prince, when next i visit London remind me to get you some Tura soap from Naija. Pregnant woman wey see you for inside night fit go into labor.

SirV needs a Gym membership!

As for CIC you can bone face from here to Kafanchan, I know a real hard man when i see one.
PS: When next you plan to visit Mama Calabar take some Dulcolax to free up the bowel, you look constipated bro! :taunt:

On a lighter note, its been 10 years i last saw you guys. Y'all look good. Hopefully i can make out time to fly in and catch the England game and hit MMC again with una.
Peter Obi For President 2023
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Why is Uncle Prince trying to commit suicide by using force to compress his one pack for camera?
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

YemiBrazil wrote:Why is Uncle Prince trying to commit suicide by using force to compress his one pack for camera?
Which kain Prince dey were hoodie? Whose the last guy? I see Sir V and CIC.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

airwolex wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:Why is Uncle Prince trying to commit suicide by using force to compress his one pack for camera?
Which kain Prince dey were hoodie? Whose the last guy? I see Sir V and CIC.

Oya back to the matter
open and close
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
born2win
Egg
Egg

Post by born2win »

I dont know why they dont want to try sadiq umar.

[/video]

Everyone is shouting Mikel...but Mikel is definitely going to retire after this world cup.

People forget he was warming bench for the whole season in Chelsea
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

CIC dey bone face probably because na Lolly dey take piksho.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Babalawo wrote:

On a lighter note, its been 10 years i last saw you guys. Y'all look good. Hopefully i can make out time to fly in and catch the England game and hit MMC again with una.
No more free chop and booze for you now wey you don dey chop democrazy dividend, unlike b/4 when owu just dey hug you anyhow.
http://www.naijiant.com/
soccernut
Egg
Egg

Post by soccernut »

I stand corrected. I meant Kelechi's performance in the Poland game. My bad! Yes, I realize Mikel was the second best player in the under 17- 2005. And you are correct Kelechi's MVP award was from 2013. Which means he has had 5 years to morph into a high quality player at professional level. I was simply trying to use the analogy of how top performing under-17 players have transformed into solid players at the senior level within a reasonable period of time i.e. 3 -5 years (e.g. Messi, Mikel Obi, Kanu). Thx.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

soccernut wrote:I stand corrected. I meant Kelechi's performance in the Poland game. My bad! Yes, I realize Mikel was the second best player in the under 17- 2005. And you are correct Kelechi's MVP award was from 2013. Which means he has had 5 years to morph into a high quality player at professional level. I was simply trying to use the analogy of how top performing under-17 players have transformed into solid players at the senior level within a reasonable period of time i.e. 3 -5 years (e.g. Messi, Mikel Obi, Kanu). Thx.
NP. Enjoyed the analysis... :thumb:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

soccernut wrote:I stand corrected. I meant Kelechi's performance in the Poland game. My bad! Yes, I realize Mikel was the second best player in the under 17- 2005. And you are correct Kelechi's MVP award was from 2013. Which means he has had 5 years to morph into a high quality player at professional level. I was simply trying to use the analogy of how top performing under-17 players have transformed into solid players at the senior level within a reasonable period of time i.e. 3 -5 years (e.g. Messi, Mikel Obi, Kanu). Thx.
U 20.....but still got your points :thumb:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

.....The other day we wear green..we win..when we change am to white...we lose.....so diafor na becos we wear white we lose...any oda analysis na opaks :mad:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

:rotf: :rotf:
Kai! CE guys, una sabi yab. I no go go Mama Calabar again because of una. :lol:
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

ohsee wrote: :rotf: :rotf:
Kai! CE guys, una sabi yab. I no go go Mama Calabar again because of una. :lol:
Yep! Had nothing at all to do with the possibility of you finally having to pick up a tab...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL