Full Match and Highlights From Serbia Game

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Full Match and Highlights From Serbia Game

Post by Lolly »

I will advise people to download before content is taken down by rights owner.

[/video]

[/video]

I will let the "experts" tell us who was at fault for the goals. :biggrin:
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Full Match and Highlights From Serbia Game

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Wow! So Siberia didn't score until the 68th min. :shock: With all the noise about how bad we were I thought the game started at 2-0. SE were just strolling around in the 2nd half. The real score is now 3-1 , we actually won this game.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

SE put more effort into passing the ball around than against Poland. At times was fun to watch
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

I was there.
Serbia shaded the first half, although we did well in the middle of it.
The second half was all us until they scored and we sort of lost interest.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

So who was at fault for both goals?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Lolly wrote:So who was at fault for both goals?
The first goal was down to not clearing the ball out of the danger zone. Number 17 failed to intercept the ball and 17 had a very poor game passing to opposition losing the ball. The second goal I would blame Ogu but he won’t make the World Cup squad so it doesn’t matter .
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Flex Swift wrote:
The first goal was down to not clearing the ball out of the danger zone. Number 17 failed to intercept the ball and 17 had a very poor game passing to opposition losing the ball. The second goal I would blame Ogu but he won’t make the World Cup squad so it doesn’t matter .
We have to get away from the mindset of blaming individual players for every goal conceded. If the team is not defending as a unit, goals will be conceded. Period! That’s just they way the game works.

The reason great defensive teams do well is because the “TEAM “ defends together. If 17 is out of position, why was he? Mgiwa s it because he sensed danger elsewhere or he’s on holiday? I think you’ll agree that 9/10 times it’s the because there was a threat elsewhere.
OCCUPY NFF!!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Ndidi number 17 wasn't at fault, but there were a number of defenders who made half-hearted attempts at clearances, tackles interceptions etc. Ndidi first then Ekong and then Tysone Ebuehi just fell over for some reason. I hate to keep on saying this but he in particular looked nervous and lost.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Thanks a lot for the link, just finished watching the full game. I'd say Ekong was at fault.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

airwolex wrote:Ndidi number 17 wasn't at fault, but there were a number of defenders who made half-hearted attempts at clearances, tackles interceptions etc. Ndidi first then Ekong and then Tysone Ebuehi just fell over for some reason. I hate to keep on saying this but he in particular looked nervous and lost.
Ebuehi definitely did not look lost and was not at fault for this goal, the bounce of the ball put him off.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

airwolex wrote:Ndidi number 17 wasn't at fault, but there were a number of defenders who made half-hearted attempts at clearances, tackles interceptions etc. Ndidi first then Ekong and then Tysone Ebuehi just fell over for some reason. I hate to keep on saying this but he in particular looked nervous and lost.
Number 17 was Onazi captain for the day not Nidi who wore number 13. I agree they should defend as a unit but at the same time senior players should know better than to give the ball away in dangerous areas and they should be able to intercept the ball and make sure it doesn’t fall to the opposition. I am not happy with Onazi’s form.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

felarey wrote:
Ebuehi definitely did not look lost and was not at fault for this goal, the bounce of the ball put him off.
Bounce? he made a half hearted stab with his left leg and fell over.

Definitely not Ekong's fault. As a matter of fact of all the defenders in the mix, he was the one that reacted best and even went over to try to stop the cross.

At the end of the day it's one of those goals that you can't blame one single person but they could all have been a bit more forceful in their attempts to stop the ball.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

airwolex wrote:
felarey wrote:

Definitely not Ekong's fault. As a matter of fact of all the defenders in the mix, he was the one that reacted best and even went over to try to stop the cross.

At the end of the day it's one of those goals that you can't blame one single person but they could all have been a bit more forceful in their attempts to stop the ball.
The momentum and bounce put Ebuehi off, what you call half hearted attempt is actually sorting out his legs. Ekong's clearance didn't happen. He got a foot to the ball. Not sure what you mean by cross, the came through the middle.

airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

felarey wrote:
airwolex wrote:
felarey wrote:

The momentum and bounce put Ebuehi off, what you call half hearted attempt is actually sorting out his legs. Ekong's clearance didn't happen.
I don't see any momentum. I see a weak attempt at a clearance and a stumble. All I can say is that perhaps he was aware they were in the box and was fearful of giving away a penalty.

Ekong did get a clearance in and he did well to adjust after Ndidi's interception. It was a pity it came off a Serbian but he has absolutely no fault in the goal. After Ebuehi slipped he had to go and try and stop the cross. We can argue that maybe he should just have stayed with Mitrovic but I think he did the right thing. Of all the defenders there, I would say he did most to stop the goal.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

airwolex wrote:
felarey wrote:
airwolex wrote:
felarey wrote:

The momentum and bounce put Ebuehi off, what you call half hearted attempt is actually sorting out his legs. Ekong's clearance didn't happen.
I don't see any momentum. I see a weak attempt at a clearance and a stumble. All I can say is that perhaps he was aware they were in the box, the ball was there for him to clear forcefully.

Ekong did get a clearance in and he did well to adjust after Ndidi's interception. It was a pity it came off a Serbian but he has absolutely no fault in the goal. After Ebuehi slipped he had to go and try and stop the cross. We can argue that maybe he should just have stayed with Mitrovic but I think he did the right thing. Of all the defenders there, I would say he did most to stop the goal.
There was no cross. Ekong lunged at the ball, made contact and it hit the serb. Ebuehi moved in to cover for Ekong and was put off by the bounce of the ball to his right.

airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

There was no cross. Ekong lunged at the ball, made contact and it hit the serb. Ebuehi moved in to cover for Ekong and was put off by the bounce of the ball to his right.
How did Mitrovic volley in if there was no cross? Watch it again, start from 8.00 in the second vid. BTW Ebuehi did not move to cover Ekong...haba...the ricochet came in his direction and he tried a tackle with his wrong leg and fell. I see no bounce or momentum.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

airwolex wrote:
How did Mitrovic volley in if there was no cross? Watch it again, start from 8.00 in the second vid. BTW Ebuehi did not move to cover Ekong...haba...the ricochet came in his direction and he tried a tackle with his wrong leg and fell. I see no bounce or momentum.
Are you mixing the second goal with the first? In the second, Ekong was covering the serb in the corner and Ebuehi joined him to block the other side, but the serb was allowed to turn on Ekong's side and the cross came in. For the first, the game broke down in the middle just outside the box, Ekong committed himself, tried to clear and lunged at the ball but it hit a serb and subsequently, the ball bounced to the right of Ebuehi. Anyway no need to talk too much as the video is available.

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

:D How quickly fortunes change .... :D
Not too long ago we were all basking in the glory of beating the Argies, but now ... :D
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Flex Swift wrote:
:lol: :lol: :rotf:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

Blame blame blame blame and the blame game continue, looking for the head that will roll. Please it was a friendly, so much instability in the game because of changes here and there, the whole team was at fault, especially after Moses was substituted. But I must say, it was a good game, we only need to understand ourselves and do quick positioning fir passes to come.

I believe the players will understand themselves better if they camp for at least 1 full month before the WC.
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...tremendous pressure often results in a goal or goals.
That said, the Serbians laid siege at our end for a long period of time, that tend to create confusion and fatigue on players defending, losing focus. Lessons learned.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Kabalega wrote::D How quickly fortunes change .... :D
Not too long ago we were all basking in the glory of beating the Argies, but now ... :D
And how some things never change. A troll from a no name country showing up on CE.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

mcal wrote:...tremendous pressure often results in a goal or goals.
That said, the Serbians laid siege at our end for a long period of time, that tend to create confusion and fatigue on players defending, losing focus. Lessons learned.
Funny thing is Nigeria was clearly dominating and then conceded against the run of play in the 68th minute... Then after that the team just switched off and lost focus. I blame it on altitude cause our boys just gassed out while the Serbs who had better fitness and seemed physically stronger looked like they could play for another 2 hours... Not really an excuse but it's still something worth considering.