Moses is a hindrance to our attack

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gadfly
Egg
Egg
Re: 39th minute of Serbia game

Post by Gadfly »

maceo4 wrote:He lost the ball trying something at the opponents 18 yard box in a 2 vs 4 or 5 situation. That is where you would prefer your players losing the ball, not in midfield or near your goal. That's where they are allowed to try things and unfortunately it didn't work out that time. The return pass would more so be on if Musa rolled the pass on the grass to Moses then he could easily clip it over the defenders.
That is where, for me, I fault Moses. Having already assessed the positioning and movement of the goalkeeper and defenders before receiving the ball, he should have just one-touch the ball and then pop at goal, instead, he twisted 180 degrees given the defenders time and space to react to his movement.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 39th minute of Serbia game

Post by maceo4 »

Gadfly wrote:
maceo4 wrote:He lost the ball trying something at the opponents 18 yard box in a 2 vs 4 or 5 situation. That is where you would prefer your players losing the ball, not in midfield or near your goal. That's where they are allowed to try things and unfortunately it didn't work out that time. The return pass would more so be on if Musa rolled the pass on the grass to Moses then he could easily clip it over the defenders.
That is where, for me, I fault Moses. Having already assessed the positioning and movement of the goalkeeper and defenders before receiving the ball, he should have just one-touch the ball and then pop at goal, instead, he twisted 180 degrees given the defenders time and space to react to his movement.
You are right, he could have had a pop at goal rather than dribble.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
9jaMan
Egg
Egg
Re: Moses is a hindrance to our attack

Post by 9jaMan »

Scipio Africanus wrote:Dude does not know how to lay the ball off for anyone. Does not anticipate runs into space, takes too many touches and kills the momentum of every good move that goes through him. I am done. Goals are scored with quick passing movements. If Moses had played in that Argentina friendly last year we would have lost. I hope he is dropped for the next friendly.

you have to be the daftest human alive
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Scipio Africanus wrote:Dude does not know how to lay the ball off for anyone. Does not anticipate runs into space, takes too many touches and kills the momentum of every good move that goes through him. I am done. Goals are scored with quick passing movements. If Moses had played in that Argentina friendly last year we would have lost. I hope he is dropped for the next friendly.
you are clueless no offence
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

9jaMan wrote:

You need to have the top half of your skull removed with a circular saw, and have your so-called brain replaced with a goat brain. That would be a massive upgrade :rotf: :rotf:

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

smartbrother wrote:
You are a f**king id.ot and I do hope you take offense :mrgreen:

Wha choo looking at?!
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
sorry to disappoint but no offence taken
coming from a clueless cvnt like you i consider that a compliment :thumbs: :thumbs:
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

smartbrother wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
coming from a clueless cvnt like you i consider that a compliment :thumbs: :thumbs:
So you did take offense, good. Mission accomplished. :mrgreen: Hopefully you are so badly aggrieved that you stick your peanut head in the microwave turned on at full power. :lol:

Wha choo looking at?!
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
So you did take offense, good. Mission accomplished. :mrgreen: Hopefully you are so badly aggrieved that you stick your peanut head in the microwave turned on at full power. :lol:
:rotf: :rotf:
you think calling you a clueless cvnt constitutes "being badly aggrieved"
lol bros that's just stating facts
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

The YeyeMan wrote:
airwolex wrote:Don't think it's that bad, but VM and Iwobi are quite indulgent in the SE. They try ish that they would never do in their clubs. They know that they are almost untouchable and it shows in their play at times. Up to Rohr to curb their excesses.
100% correct.
Wahala dey!! 2 wannabe JJ Okochas in one team. Talent is not enough. Discipline matters.
-Simpli fy -
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

smartbrother wrote:

anwuom oh! See pot calling kettle black :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

metalalloy wrote:
smartbrother wrote:

anwuom oh! See pot calling kettle black :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Bumpity ... bump .......bump

Wha choo looking at?!
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Scipio Africanus wrote:Bumpity ... bump .......bump
Scipio, you for take style hide this thread o.

Moses balled today.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

cchinukw wrote:

Moses balled today.
Wetin? If Moses had done his job today we would have won this game 5-0

Wha choo looking at?!
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

cchinukw wrote:

Moses balled today.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
muzines
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by muzines »

Moses more than balled today. This is what he does everyday at Chelsea. He gave us tons of width today. We should never play him as a striker anymore, he is a wing back in 3-5-2...fullstop.
Liberalism is a mental disorder.
Conservative: a liberal who has been mugged by reality.
esosa
Egg
Egg

Post by esosa »

airwolex wrote:
john12 wrote:So we should drop Victor Moses for who??? You guys just like talking nonsense for the sake of speaking. Who should Victor Moses be dropped for?
Nobody said he should be dropped.
He should be dropped or come on from the bench. So many of inroads lead no where. Too many wasted chances.
esosa
Egg
Egg

Post by esosa »

Yes - dropping him would be e biggest blessing. The opportunity cost of Moses is just too high. So many wasted inroads. Imagine if you have someone else that converts 1/2 of Moses chances to reasonable assists.
esosa
Egg
Egg

Post by esosa »

airwolex wrote:Don't think it's that bad, but VM and Iwobi are quite indulgent in the SE. They try ish that they would never do in their clubs. They know that they are almost untouchable and it shows in their play at times. Up to Rohr to curb their excesses.
At least Iwobi is creative - Moses leads to a lot of waste.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

esosa wrote:

Yes - dropping him would be e biggest blessing. The opportunity cost of Moses is just too high. So many wasted inroads. Imagine if you have someone else that converts 1/2 of Moses chances to reasonable assists.
Thank you! So many opportunities to quickly lay off the ball and keep the attack going, wasted!

Thank goodness for Musa's improvisation and technique.

Wha choo looking at?!
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

zee wrote:
miky wrote:Una dey craze, when people are building their squad around their most creative and dangerous players, una they talk of limiting moses.

Nigerias WCup is based on Moses and Mikel.
Get players to run around them, and free them up, and things will shake. today was an off day thats all

Kpom...........add Musa(a proven performer at the highest level) to the two
The legend of the great Zee :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: continues.........................nailed it as far back as march 2018.
Little wonder that he is the Life-Guru of the world acclaimed.............................ZIAFS(Zee Institute of Advance Footballing Studies) :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

THERE IS ONLY ONE GREAT ZEE :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
esosa
Egg
Egg

Post by esosa »

9jaMan wrote:

Most of your comments here prove that you won that award a long time ago.