Moses is a hindrance to our attack

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Moses is a hindrance to our attack

Post by wale1974 »

Scipio Africanus wrote:Dude does not know how to lay the ball off for anyone. Does not anticipate runs into space, takes too many touches and kills the momentum of every good move that goes through him. I am done. Goals are scored with quick passing movements. If Moses had played in that Argentina friendly last year we would have lost. I hope he is dropped for the next friendly.
Image :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

miky wrote:Una dey craze, when people are building their squad around their most creative and dangerous players, una they talk of limiting moses.

Nigerias WCup is based on Moses and Mikel. Get players to run around them, and free them up, and things will shake. today was an off day thats all
VM sometimes plays and acts as if he had 'arrived'. I bet if he had chosen 'The Three Cats', he will not be starting.
He needs to realize that only team play and discipline can help the SE.
While we are at it, there are other players who need be told the same things. The team needs to show fluidity
on the field, stay away from senseless attempts at shooting and long passes, that only gives the ball away. Also
players need to believe in stretching the field and making quick passes instead of dancing around till the open
person is marked or out of position.

Mikel Obi is the only untouchable on the current SE.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

I actually feel bad for Musa in all this because he has not had the chance to show what he can do because of the ball hogging tendencies of our wingers. With Musa's speed, playing from the middle, imagine the damage he can do to opposing defenses with well timed passes into space. He would score bagfuls of goals.

Vic Mo should watch Nacho's two assists to Iwobi against Argentina. Often simplicity is king.

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Cellular wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:Dude does not know how to lay the ball off for anyone. Does not anticipate runs into space, takes too many touches and kills the momentum of every good move that goes through him. I am done. Goals are scored with quick passing movements. If Moses had played in that Argentina friendly last year we would have lost. I hope he is dropped for the next friendly.
Sacrilege.

Wash your mouth and keyboard with Izal.
Oh yes, before I forget, you can go drown yourself in that very same Izal.

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

zee wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Sacrilege.

You dey mind 'football-know-nothings' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The male cheerleader again. :curse: See my advice to the esteemed Cellular above and make sure you follow it to the letter. Thanks in advance.

Wha choo looking at?!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Scipio Africanus wrote:I actually feel bad for Musa in all this because he has not had the chance to show what he can do because of the ball hogging tendencies of our wingers. With Musa's speed, playing from the middle, imagine the damage he can do to opposing defenses with well timed passes into space. He would score bagfuls of goals.

Vic Mo should watch Nacho's two assists to Iwobi against Argentina. Often simplicity is king.
Musa had one or both(?) assists for Iwobi vs Argentina.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

:agree: :agree: I strongly feel the same. I made the same comment to my brother yesterday. Don't get me wrong, he's probably the most creative on the team, the game is more than that. Now, it makes sense why he's not playing the same role in his club :D :) .
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

The YeyeMan wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:I actually feel bad for Musa in all this because he has not had the chance to show what he can do because of the ball hogging tendencies of our wingers. With Musa's speed, playing from the middle, imagine the damage he can do to opposing defenses with well timed passes into space. He would score bagfuls of goals.

Musa had one or both(?) assists for Iwobi vs Argentina.
You are of course correct :D Nacho gave the first assist and Musa gave the second.

Wha choo looking at?!
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Vic Mo should watch Nacho's two assists to Iwobi against Argentina.
Often simplicity is king.
When Africans figure this out, is when the cup will be delivered to the continent.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

iworo wrote:

:agree: :agree: I strongly feel the same. I made the same comment to my brother yesterday. Don't get me wrong, he's probably the most creative on the team, the game is more than that. Now, it makes sense why he's not playing the same role in his club :D :) .
Abeg thank you jare. Thanks also to all the other people on dis thread wey dey watch game with open eye. Moses' creativity is a great asset to the team, but he should use it more effectively. Beat your man on the wings, pick out a good pass, and that's it! Do that consistently and loads of good chances will be created.

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

joao wrote:

Vic Mo should watch Nacho's two assists to Iwobi against Argentina.
Often simplicity is king.
When Africans figure this out, is when the cup will be delivered to the continent.
:agree: :agree:

Wha choo looking at?!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

There is a kernel of truth to this. It boils down to decision making. Ability wise, Moses is a definite starter, but there are sometimes where he tries to play the hero to the detriment of the team.

While I think his club under-utilizes his creative ability, he over-utilizes the same for Nigeria. The key is right decision making and balance.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

The Moses against Cameroon was the unplayable Moses, talk of trickery, pace, decision making all on point. Not forgetting his magic that saw us past Ethiopia back in 2013 nations cup QF... then there is the frustrating Moses that just makes you go like WTF is going through his head?
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Sacrilege.

Scipio, is Izal too strong for you? How about formalin?

Yes, VicMo over carries and overdo sometimes but he is one of the few with the guile and individual moments of brilliance that hides our poor team play.
He is hardly a hindrance.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Cellular wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Sacrilege.Wash your mouth and keyboard with Izal.
Scipio, is Izal too strong for you? How about formalin?
Yes, VicMo over carries and overdo sometimes but he is one of the few with the guile and individual moments of brilliance that hides our poor team play.
He is hardly a hindrance.
Just on the basis of the highlighted, would you please inform on how he make the team better.
VM is good and talented, but his ball discipline is very wanting. Great players make people around
them better, and this Moses is too selfish to be great.

― Chris Hedges
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Sacrilege.

Can u believe that a grown man will wake up and type such rubbish in 2018? izal won’t do it, he needs to Washington his mouth with hard water from a North Korean nuclear reactor. :laugh:
Please don't totally write off what this guy is saying. I think I can see some senses in his observation. Victor Moses truly is one of our best players currently but he needs to carry the entire team along. He is not Edwin Harzard that has the flexibility and skill to dance and twist defenders waist. We need goals than entertainment, he needs to be looking for his team mates regularly. We all can see that Ighalo is suffering because no ball coming to him frequently.

then Our young man, Iwobi need to put his skill to benefit the entire team too.... currently he appears to be the most skillful player with Okocha-like skill, but need to also play for the team.

Onazi need to work on his vision, he must not continue to give the ball away, he is gaining too much weight and must work on his fitness.

Then, the whole attack need serious surgical operation and organisation. Roles should be well define not everyone running here and there producing no result. Attacking midfielders should be thought how to shoot at goal regularly at any slightest opportunity.

In all, we have not done badly, but frankly speaking we need a deadly and fearless Striker... Ighalo can do it if properly work on.
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

Now what is happening to our young lanky striker - VICTOR Osimhen or so, that is playing in Germany?
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
39th minute of Serbia game

39th minute of Serbia game

Now before I continue I want to stay that I was very impressed with the way that Moses contributed to the defense. He has lungs of steel and was to be found mostly behind the ball, deep in our half when we did not have it.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: for his work rate. That will be a BIG factor in Russia.

Now to the reason for this post.

39' of the game:

Ekong and Onazi combine to dispossess Mitrovic, who knows that his team is in danger as a result of losing the ball. He flops to the floor hoping for a call. Na lie. Onazi sees Musa streaking down the right and hits him one time with a lovely pass. Musa looks to his left, sees Moses advancing through the middle and lays off the ball to him. Musa continues his run into the box.

Now Moses has a critical decision to make, and quickly.

If Moses had quickly returned Musa's pass first time, Musa would have been in, one-on-one with Stankovic.

What does he do instead? He twists one way, then another in a vain attempt to lose the Serbian defender. End result. He coughs up the ball. Another promising move snuffed out.

Wha choo looking at?!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 39th minute of Serbia game

Post by maceo4 »

Scipio Africanus wrote:Now before I continue I want to stay that I was very impressed with the way that Moses contributed to the defense. He has lungs of steel and was to be found mostly behind the ball, deep in our half when we did not have it.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: for his work rate. That will be a BIG factor in Russia.

39' of the game:

Ekong and Onazi combine to dispossess Mitrovic, who knows that his team is in danger as a result of losing the ball. He flops to the floor hoping for a call. Na lie. Onazi sees Musa streaking down the right and hits him one time with a lovely pass. Musa looks to his left, sees Moses advancing through the middle and lays off the ball to him. Musa continues his run into the box.

If Moses had quickly returned Musa's pass first time, Musa would have been in, one-on-one with Stankovic.

What does he do instead? He twists one way, then another in a vain attempt to lose the Serbian defender. End result. He coughs up the ball. Another promising move snuffed out.
The weight of Musa's pass did not favor a one time return pass. He just hit the ball like a shot and hoped it got to Moses, who had to control it first before trying to do something with it. Even Messi wouldn't be able to put Musa in with a one touch pass because of how hard, fast, and it was even off the ground like waist height.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

maceo4 wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:Now before I continue I want to stay that I was very impressed with the way that Moses contributed to the defense. He has lungs of steel and was to be found mostly behind the ball, deep in our half when we did not have it.

39' of the game:

The weight of Musa's pass did not favor a one time return pass. He just hit the ball like a shot and hoped it got to Moses, who had to control it first before trying to do something with it. Even Messi wouldn't be able to put Musa in with a one touch pass because of how hard, fast, and it was even off the ground like waist height.
Mba. Musa's ball was a soft slightly lofted pass. It needed at most one touch to control and then another touch to play Musa in. If you doubt me go to youtube and check 39:07. Anyway this is all academic now. The tendency to take too many touches handicaps the attack.

Wha choo looking at?!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

39' of the game:

Mba. Musa's ball was a soft slightly lofted pass. It needed at most one touch to control and then another touch to play Musa in. If you doubt me go to youtube and check 39:07. Anyway this is all academic now. The tendency to take too many touches handicaps the attack.
Bros, I don't know which toe poked pass would be soft and slightly lofted. He toe poked the ball at Moses, go watch it again, it wasn't a side foot or a directed pass, it was a toe poke while running at speed. I know what you are saying we need to combine more and do more give and go's, but all I'm saying is the return pass depends heavily on the initial pass in the move. And our players seem to struggle with giving the right pass at the right angle with the right weight where the receiving player do a one touch return. Musa is a big culprit of this, never gives the pass in rhythm especially when he's running at speed because he's usually O.C. (out of control), its never a controlled run with the ball close to his feet like a Hazard or Messi.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

maceo4 wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

39' of the game:

Bros, I don't know which toe poked pass would be soft and slightly lofted. He toe poked the ball at Moses, go watch it again, it wasn't a side foot or a directed pass, it was a toe poke while running at speed. I know what you are saying we need to combine more and do more give and go's, but all I'm saying is the return pass depends heavily on the initial pass in the move. And our players seem to struggle with giving the right pass at the right angle with the right weight where the receiving player do a one touch return. Musa is a big culprit of this, never gives the pass in rhythm especially when he's running at speed because he's usually O.C. (out of control), its never a controlled run with the ball close to his feet like a Hazard or Messi.
OK, even if the pass from Musa wasn't perfect, a scrambled attempted return pass to Musa would have still been the better option. Because now the ball is loose in the Serbian box, together with two Nigerian players nearby, with bad intentions. Panic stations for Serbia. Instead ...

The alternative is that Moses lost the ball without any SE players nearby to back him up, and the Serbs now have free reign and all the time in the world to choose their method of attack.

Wha choo looking at?!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

39' of the game:

OK, even if the pass from Musa wasn't perfect, a scrambled attempted return pass to Musa would have still been the better option. Because now the ball is loose in the Serbian box, together with two Nigerian players nearby, with bad intentions. Panic stations for Serbia. Instead ...

The alternative is that Moses lost the ball without any SE players nearby to back him up, and the Serbs now have free reign and all the time in the world to choose their method of attack.
I hear you, maybe he could have, but he had to first control (and shield/protect) the ball given the way it was played to him and given that he was surrounded by 3 defenders. At that point 2 defenders engaged Moses and he tried to spin away and the defender behind poked the ball away. Which is good defense from the Serbs, and not necessarily Moses fault. He lost the ball trying something at the opponents 18 yard box in a 2 vs 4 or 5 situation. That is where you would prefer your players losing the ball, not in midfield or near your goal. That's where they are allowed to try things and unfortunately it didn't work out that time. The return pass would more so be on if Musa rolled the pass on the grass to Moses then he could easily clip it over the defenders.

That said, overall Moses had a poor game, seemed disinterested and lacking energy or speed of thought.
Super Eagus 4 Life!