UK Evening Standard Gushes Over Iwobi

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Polly
Egg
Egg
Re: UK Evening Standard Gushes Over Iwobi

Post by Polly »

We have so many soccer experts it is a marvel we do not win the World Cup every year (?!?). But again, if you extrapolate, it is no marvel we have no roads, no jobs, no electricity, no security, no peace.
kali
Egg
Egg

Post by kali »

Rohr is going to play a 4-2-3-1 formation against stronger teams. The idea will be to put someone on for mikel as the AM and Iwobi is that option.

On the wings he is looking for speed and creativity and you will have moses, simon, musa and iheanacho alternating.

His major problem is the lone striker role. Imho Ighalo is not good enough. You need strength and clinical finishing.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Anyone advocating Musa being near the team should be tried for reason and unpatriotic acts in my opinion. He is a gift to Nigeria’s opposition!
OK, we’ve heard you, Mr. Ebuehi is 5 light years ahead of Shehu. Now, go do whatever it is you do, like make up stories on Facebook :!:

Cheers.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Anyone advocating Musa being near the team should be tried for reason and unpatriotic acts in my opinion. He is a gift to Nigeria’s opposition!
OK, we’ve heard you, Mr. Ebuehi is 5 light years ahead of Shehu. Now, go do whatever it is you do, like make up stories on Facebook :!:

Cheers.
Nothing has changed my opinion on all I have said. In fact, these last two games have reinforced them.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Cheers.
Nothing has changed my opinion on all I have said. In fact, these last two games have reinforced them.
Which of the opinions? That Osaze IS (NOT) a striker????? Yeye dey smell
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

maceo4 wrote:
john12 wrote:Musa wasn’t bad in this game stop lying. The problem was from the midfield and defense
But what did Musa do in the time he was on?
How many passes did Musa receive in that game? Or you want him to play the role of Moses and Iwobi at the same time? Let's be fair here.

I wil never forget the SE goal against Mali that was disallowed in the AFCON 2013 semifinal. A defense splitting pass from Mikel which Musa latched onto from deep to score. THAT is how to use Musa.

Wha choo looking at?!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
john12 wrote:Musa wasn’t bad in this game stop lying. The problem was from the midfield and defense
How many passes did Musa receive in that game? Or you want him to play the role of Moses and Iwobi at the same time? Let's be fair here.

I wil never forget the SE goal against Mali that was disallowed in the AFCON 2013 semifinal. A defense splitting pass from Mikel which Musa latched onto from deep to score. THAT is how to use Musa.
So then since none of that happened would you say Musa had a good or bad game?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

maceo4 wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

He had an OK game.

Wha choo looking at?!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

He had an OK game.
So he had an OK game though he didn't contribute much of anything...its all good sha. He has his uses with his speed and all, but hopefully we are not relying on him...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

maceo4 wrote:So he had an OK game though he didn't contribute much of anything...its all good sha. He has his uses with his speed and all, but hopefully we are not relying on him...
If you are prepared to continue tolerating the ball hoggers like Moses and Iwobi then you have no business criticizing Musa. Even Nacho wasn’t his usual self on account of the ball hogging. The good news is that when Mikel comes back, those two won’t have the opportunity to ball hog as much and Nacho, Musa and anyoneelse in that position, will be far more effective. That loss wasn’t about Musa’s perceived inabilities. It was more about getting our players to understand that football, in spite of their significant individual abilities, is first and foremost, a team sport :!: :!: :!:

Cheers.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

maceo4 wrote:So he had an OK game though he didn't contribute much of anything...its all good sha. He has his uses with his speed and all, but hopefully we are not relying on him...
If you are prepared to continue tolerating the ball hoggers like Moses and Iwobi then you have no business criticizing Musa. Even Nacho wasn’t his usual self on account of the ball hogging. The good news is that when Mikel comes back, those two won’t have the opportunity to ball hog as much and Nacho, Musa and anyoneelse in that position, will be far more effective. That loss wasn’t about Musa’s perceived inabilities. It was more about getting our players to understand that football, in spite of their significant individual abilities, is first and foremost, a team sport :!: :!: :!:

Cheers.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Kpom X1000

Wha choo looking at?!
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Flashy touches by Iwobi. No end product. Musa was played out of position.
Damunk wrote:Iwobi will take a lot of heart from this.
And Musa will take a lot of heartache.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

wiseone wrote:Flashy touches by Iwobi. No end product. Musa was played out of position.
Damunk wrote:Iwobi will take a lot of heart from this.
And Musa will take a lot of heartache.
Ah ah, now its Musa was played out of position, so what is his real position as he played both Main striker, then when Ighalo came in he moved to the left wing in place of Moses...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

See my post on this thread: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=287289&start=23
maceo4 wrote:

Ah ah, now its Musa was played out of position, so what is his real position as he played both Main striker, then when Ighalo came in he moved to the left wing in place of Moses...
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

wiseone wrote:See my post on this thread: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=287289&start=23
maceo4 wrote:

Ol boy, I hear you when you say he should be an impact sub, but in this game he wasn't played out of position though. He was played in positions that he plays for his club.
Super Eagus 4 Life!