Fantastic Skills from Iwobi Vs Serbia (Video Inside)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jordan
Egg
Egg
Fantastic Skills from Iwobi Vs Serbia (Video Inside)

Post by jordan »

[/video]

Great skills from Iwobi captured against Serbia

:clap:
Last edited by jordan on Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
john12
Egg
Egg
Re: Fantastic Skills from Iwobi Vs Serbia (Video Inside)

Post by john12 »

The guy is a bonafide baller. He was super eagles best player in the 2nd half cool calm collected
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Where are his assists from the Serbia game? Abeg carry go! :curse:

Stop encouraging aimless ball hogging and atilogwu dancing

Wha choo looking at?!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

I don’t think iwobi was doing aimless stepovers. African football has always been about Entertainment, joy and happiness. Back in the days, our boys used to express themselves on the pitch like those Brazilians. I’m happy that iwobi still has dribbling skills in his acumen because he plays so limited at arsenal.
eyan
Egg
Egg

Post by eyan »

Scipio Africanus wrote:Where are his assists from the Serbia game? Abeg carry go! :curse:

Someone danced his way out of a tight situation and made a good pass but u called it aimless ball hogging and egungun dancing. I guess u r still on ur one time pass to musa.

One of the main problems of this team is that we don't many pple that hold the ball or shd i say comfortably holding the ball not to talk of dancing their ways out of traffic. There's a reason Moses, Iwobi, Mikel r our main players.
Last edited by eyan on Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

Imagine if the bicycle kick had connected and gone in
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

eyan wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:Where are his assists from the Serbia game? Abeg carry go! :curse:

Someone danced his out of tight situation and made a good pass but u called it aimless ball hogging and egungun dancing. I guess u still on ur one pass to musa.

One of the main probles of this team is that we don't many pple that hold the ball or shd i say confortable holding the ball not to talk of dancing their ways out of traffic. There's a reason Moses, Iwobi, Mikel r our main players.
I tire o, even the english are tired of their players treating the ball like hot potato, he launched an attack that could have led to a goal
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

eyan wrote:

Someone danced his out of tight situation and made a good pass but u called it aimless ball hogging and egungun dancing. I guess u still on ur one pass to musa.

One of the main probles of this team is that we don't many pple that hold the ball or shd i say confortable holding the ball not to talk of dancing their ways out of traffic. There's a reason Moses, Iwobi, Mikel r our main players.
There is time for holding the ball, but that time is not when you are trying to put it in the net. In this era of highly organized and choreographed defenses, any time you waste holding onto the ball is a gift to the opposition, because like a finely tuned machine, they will quickly revert to their original positions. You have to move the ball quickly and vertically to unbalance the opposition.

Wha choo looking at?!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
eyan wrote:

There is time for holding the ball, but that time is not when you are trying to put it in the net. In this era of highly organized and choreographed defenses, any time you waste holding onto the ball is a gift to the opposition, because like a finely tuned machine, they will quickly revert to their original positions. You have to move the ball quickly and vertically to unbalance the opposition.
Except in this situation he drew the attention of 4 Serbian players from holding onto the ball, and freed up the man on the wing to be in a position to cross the ball. I cant fault what he did in this clip.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

That was NOT aimless even if it was good enough to be a dance.
He had two players on him, left them for dead and found his teammate - who then laid it on for a winger to cross.
If (whoever it was in the centre) had been able to finish off the move (with or without the acrobatics) it would have gone down as one of the SE's most spectacular goals ever.

If Iwobi was guilty of 'aimless ball hogging' as you suggest, it wasn't this one. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

metalalloy wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
eyan wrote:

Except in this situation he drew the attention of 4 Serbian players from holding onto the ball, and freed up the man on the wing to be in a position to cross the ball. I cant fault what he did in this clip.
Agree, this one was necessary, he was about to be cornered and manufactured a way to get out, taking out 3+ defenders and quickly passing the ball forward.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
eyan wrote:

We might as well play 'kick and rush'....and the likes of Barcelona with their patient build-up will be out of business. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Damunk wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
eyan wrote:

We might as well play 'kick and rush'....and the likes of Barcelona with their patient build-up will be out of business. :idea:

You dey mind the mugu
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Damunk wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
eyan wrote:

Yes Barcelona scores their goals with patient build up in the opponent's third. What kind of patient build up? The kind where one player hogs the ball, twisting and turning and dancing, or the kind where the players pass, move, and zip the ball to each other? One is not like the other, at all, at all.
Last edited by Scipio Africanus on Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

9jaMan wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
eyan wrote:

You dey mind the mugu
You are a f***king id.iot, and that is an insult to f**king idiots

Wha choo looking at?!
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

I'm sure if that match was at the knockout stage of a competition, what would be mentioned is the final result
and not the skills displayed by the players. We keep hyping individual talent at ball joggling, instead of team play.
...And wonder why our teams are not measuring up to world standards.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
eyan
Egg
Egg

Post by eyan »

joao wrote:I'm sure if that match was at the knockout stage of a competition, what would be mentioned is the final result
and not the skills displayed by the players. We keep hyping individual talent at ball joggling, instead of team play.
...And wonder why our teams are not measuring up to world standards.
And ur point to this discussion is? If it were messi, u wld be dancing ajasco to his " ball joggling".
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Robotnik wrote:Imagine if the bicycle kick had connected and gone in
Shades of Ogbeche... :D

Frankly, Ighalo could have had a hat-trick on another day: (1) this 'Ogbeche' bicycle kick; (2) the ball he blazed over the bar (with the assistance of a slight Serbian block) from a prone sitting position; and (3) the turn and shot that he did not quite catch that ended up in the Serbian GK's mitts. Those inches are often the difference between good and great.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

He should be out starting AM. Play Mikel and Ndidi behind him as CM/DMs. Moses on the left and Simon on the right.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

The guy actually created an opportunity though lol.

For those who will come here to chastize him! That play was effective!
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Before that one came off he attempted a few others that killed the attack. That said; the trick is for him to learn when to try these things and when a simple pass will do. No easy task, apart from Ronaldinho and a few others(Neymar, Okocha), most shaku shaku players are madly inconsistent.

He also rarely does this in Arsenal, I hope he doesn't want to turn the SE into his own personal experimental arena.
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
9jaMan wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
eyan wrote:

You dey mind the mugu
You are a f***king id.iot, and that is an insult to f**king idiots
Now, now. We just dey argue and express opinions. No need 4 dat!!!!!!!!!
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Iwobi is good at times and OK quite a bit too. For me, I am not sure whether he is the best option for Nigeria at the position he plays. I say this because for all the good things he ca do, he also loses the ball quite a bit. His defensive work is questionable too. I just wonder if Rohr would be best served by a more hard working and defensively disciplined midfielder on the flank who would be able to 'hold his own' when the team defends against opponents who may have the possession advantage
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"