Ndidi sent off

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Ndidi sent off

Post by cic old boy »

2nd yellow against Brighton. 87 mins. Did he deserve it? Yes, Ndidi.
http://www.naijiant.com/
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ndidi sent off

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

In Deed-i
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

His first RED in the Heeeee Peeeeeeee Heeeellllllllll. INDID-I
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

pajimoh wrote:His first RED in the Heeeee Peeeeeeee Heeeellllllllll. INDID-I
I don’t think his first. Someone help. I think he also had two yellows in another game this season
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ndidi sen

Post by Eaglezbeak »

kawawa wrote:
I don’t think his first. Someone help. I think he also had two yellows in another game this season
He also recieved a red against Crystal palace earlier this season and thus missed the game against City.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Good, a small break will do him good. :D

On a more serious note, he does give away not an insignificant number of fouls..... if any player is most likely to be suspended during the WC then it'll be he. And he'd be a big loss.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The YeyeMan wrote:Good, a small break will do him good. :D

On a more serious note, he does give away not an insignificant number of fouls..... if any player is most likely to be suspended during the WC then it'll be he. And he'd be a big loss.
Actually the most foul prone Nigerian player is Onazi.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Enugu II wrote:

Interesting.

The more pertinent stat might be to know which player picks up most cards.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

Someone need to talk to him before the world cup
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ndidi sen

Post by pajimoh »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
kawawa wrote:
He also recieved a red against Crystal palace earlier this season and thus missed the game against City.
Thanks for the correction guys :thumb: Comes with the territory as a combative MF
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

I think that 2d yellow was dodgy at best...

For starters, it looked a dive by the Brighton dude to me. However, even if it wasn't (several replays were inconclusive), it was not such an egregious foul or a professional foul that given the circumstances the ref could not have exercised some discretion and let it go. It was just two players each honestly going for the ball (which had run away from the Brighton player).
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Interesting.

The more pertinent stat might be to know which player picks up most cards.
Click on this link:

http://eaglecity.blogspot.com/2018/02/d ... ional.html
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Vindave wrote:Someone need to talk to him before the world cup
Oh pls! Talk to him for what??
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Another dodgy incompetent call from the English ref who appears to be suffering from daylight blindness.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

It is obvious why no English referee is officiating at the WC. Both yellow cards to Ndidi were dodgy especially the second one and a good referee would have allowed common sense to prevail. I hope Leicester appeal the cards.
I am happy
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Dammy wrote:It is obvious why no English referee is officiating at the WC. Both yellow cards to Ndidi were dodgy especially the second one and a good referee would have allowed common sense to prevail. I hope Leicester appeal the cards.
They cannot appeal a send-off based on 2 yellow cards. Weird rule...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

Ndidi has been playing every minute for club and country including a grueling overtime prior to the break. This may turn out good. Coach doesn't have a choice but to give him some rest now
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Gotti wrote:
Dammy wrote:It is obvious why no English referee is officiating at the WC. Both yellow cards to Ndidi were dodgy especially the second one and a good referee would have allowed common sense to prevail. I hope Leicester appeal the cards.
Garth Crooks in today's BBC football used the 2nd yellow card issued to Ndidi as a reason why EPL referees are exempted by FIFA from the WC.
I am happy
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

Dammy wrote:
Gotti wrote:
Garth Crooks in today's BBC football used the 2nd yellow card issued to Ndidi as a reason why EPL referees are exempted by FIFA from the WC.
Crooks will always say things in favour of Nigerians and Nigeria because his wife na Naija babe, :lol: unlike that crazy Mike Bright :laugh: :laugh:
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
achuzia-the-air-raid
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by achuzia-the-air-raid »

Very dodgy yellow cards :boo:

[/video]
Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

icee wrote:Ndidi has been playing every minute for club and country including a grueling overtime prior to the break. This may turn out good. Coach doesn't have a choice but to give him some rest now

EXCLUSIVE: Rohr Reveals How Ndidi Will Be Kept Fresh, Fit For World Cup
3 April 25, 2018 5:00 pm

By Kayode Ogundare:

Leicester City midfielder Wilfred Ndidi will undergo a special training programme at the Super Eagles’ pre-World Cup training camp, according to national team coach Gernot Rohr.

In an exclusive interview with Completesportsnigeria.com, Rohr revealed his fears of possible burnout for the 21-year old midfielder who has played a total of 43 games this season for club and country.

“Ndidi is playing so many games without the benefit of a Christmas break or holiday. I talked to his manager Claude Puel to give him a break after our two friendly games in which we also needed him to play so we couldn’t rest him. The manager listened to my appeal and gave him one match to rest which I don’t think was enough,” Rohr told CSN.

Rohr has therefore devised a means of keeping the player in top shape ahead of the first Russia 2018 game against Croatia on June 16.

“The good thing however is that Ndidi is young and committed so I believe he will recover quickly,” Rohr explained to CSN. “We plan to give him one week break after his club’s last game of the season before he will join up with the national team. Then we will start a specific programme for him to allow him recover fully before the first game against Croatia.”

Ndidi has played 32 of his team’s 34 Premier League games this season, missing two games as a result of suspension, three FA Cup games and twice in the English Football League Cup. He also played six games for Nigeria since the start of the season, making him one of the busiest players going to the World Cup.

The former KRC Genk of Belgium star, who has been rated the best tackler in the English Premier League, has played 15 times for the Super Eagles since making his debut and is one of just three players to play in each of Nigeria’s six World Cup qualifying games on the way to Russia 2018.

https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/e ... world-cup/
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

:clap: :clap:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

If the report is true Nididi has made the World Cup squad