Martins Got a Hatrick today

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Martins Got a Hatrick today

Post by Bigpokey24 »

niyi wrote:Last season:

Martins 13 goals and 4 assists in 20 games

Ighalo 15 goals and 7 assists in 27 games
Bigpokey24 wrote:so all of una wey dey compare.. how many goals did Oba score last season , compared to Odion :D I know who scored more
so in 20 games, Martins had a hand in 17 games, and in 27 games Odion had a hand in 22 games :D , so who is the better scorer? and team player
?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
niyi wrote:Last season:

Martins 13 goals and 4 assists in 20 games

Ighalo 15 goals and 7 assists in 27 games
Bigpokey24 wrote:so all of una wey dey compare.. how many goals did Oba score last season , compared to Odion :D I know who scored more
so in 20 games, Martins had a hand in 17 games, and in 27 games Odion had a hand in 22 games :D , so who is the better scorer? and team player
?
:clap: :clap: Glad to see you can add numbers up. Your Ghana girl must be a math teacher. Do you know ratios too?
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

maceo4 wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:The saying is ‘make hay while the sun is shinning’
.....Martins has had his time / chances with the GWG and wasted his opportunities . 9ja won the nations cup without him ,9ja won Bronze @ the Olympics without him, 9ja won silver @ the Olympics without him, 9ja got to the 2nd of the last World Cup without him. 9ja qualified for the 2018 World Cup without him. During the qualification series 9ja had no problems scoring so why the panic?

Martins was evaluated for the last World Cup and deemed not good enough

Martins is clinical in front of goal but for 9ja tends to go missing. We will never discover new talent if we keep on calling up old washed up players everytime we think have a crises . We have so many players that need to be tested rather than revert back some one that has represented us in the past but never made an impact. How many goals did he score at the World Cup in South Africa? How many goals did he score during the nations cup tournaments. The most painful was the defeat to Ghana both him and Osaze failed!!! Yes I acknowledge he is doing well in China & congratulations on scoring a hat-trick versus whoever...... but Martins time came and went and it was never fruitful or eventful, meaning we won jack when he was part of the team in his prime.
I never get this argument, is the world cup a youth tournament or something? Who are you trying to "discover" at a world cup? You are supposed to assemble your best and most in-form team that can rep your country. And how can his time have come and went when he is doing better than our current starters. This is why we are constantly rebuilding, we seem not to value experience.

And if we are using form in previous competitions to rule out players then the likes of Mikel and Moses wouldn't make the cut based on their previous subpar WC performances.
Na ax dem o.

2002 we decided to use the World Cup to discover new players.

At every World Cup since 98 we have decided to use the World Cup to try (discover) new players.

Are we the only country that uses the World Cup to discover new talent?

E be like say dem do us. :|
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Cellular wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
.....Martins has had his time / chances with the GWG and wasted his opportunities . 9ja won the nations cup without him ,9ja won Bronze @ the Olympics without him, 9ja won silver @ the Olympics without him, 9ja got to the 2nd of the last World Cup without him. 9ja qualified for the 2018 World Cup without him. During the qualification series 9ja had no problems scoring so why the panic?

Martins is clinical in front of goal but for 9ja tends to go missing. We will never discover new talent if we keep on calling up old washed up players everytime we think have a crises . We have so many players that need to be tested rather than revert back some one that has represented us in the past but never made an impact. How many goals did he score at the World Cup in South Africa? How many goals did he score during the nations cup tournaments. The most painful was the defeat to Ghana both him and Osaze failed!!! Yes I acknowledge he is doing well in China & congratulations on scoring a hat-trick versus whoever...... but Martins time came and went and it was never fruitful or eventful, meaning we won jack when he was part of the team in his prime.
I never get this argument, is the world cup a youth tournament or something? Who are you trying to "discover" at a world cup? You are supposed to assemble your best and most in-form team that can rep your country. And how can his time have come and went when he is doing better than our current starters. This is why we are constantly rebuilding, we seem not to value experience.

And if we are using form in previous competitions to rule out players then the likes of Mikel and Moses wouldn't make the cut based on their previous subpar WC performances.
Na ax dem o.

At every World Cup since 98 we have decided to use the World Cup to try (discover) new players.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
esosa
Egg
Egg

Post by esosa »

Cellular wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

Na ax dem o.

My brother, it is very sad. Many here have a way of trying to make sense out of senselessness. What is most worrisome is that this could be a logical sampling of the general "educated" population.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

maceo4 wrote:

This the problem I have with you guys. You claim at his advance age he is now better than when he was at his peak because he scored 1 hatrick in a questionable standard league. Martins has played for Nigeria at the ANC 2008, 2010 World Cup 2010 we did not go passed the quarter finals or the group stage of the World Cup. The World Cup that Angola beat to Martins could not lead us to qualify.

I remember the clamour for Benadict claiming he was top scorer in Austria then there was Ijeh top scorer in Sweden. Then we had Joseph Akpala top scorer in Belgium. Now a very old slow Martins is the answer to Nigeria’s attack because he scored in China. I know Ighalo plays in China but he is younger but yes a poor striker. I would rather Rohr look to our upcoming Strikers rather than revert to tried and tested and honestly not good enough.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Flex Swift wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

This the problem I have with you guys. You claim at his advance age he is now better than when he was at his peak because he scored 1 hatrick in a questionable standard league. Martins has played for Nigeria at the ANC 2008, 2010 World Cup 2010 we did not go passed the quarter finals or the group stage of the World Cup. The World Cup that Angola beat to Martins could not lead us to qualify.

I remember the clamour for Benadict claiming he was top scorer in Austria then there was Ijeh top scorer in Sweden. Then we had Joseph Akpala top scorer in Belgium. Now a very old slow Martins is the answer to Nigeria’s attack because he scored in China. I know Ighalo plays in China but he is younger but yes a poor striker. I would rather Rohr look to our upcoming Strikers rather than revert to tried and tested and honestly not good enough.
Who are the young ones that are doing better than Martins that should be taken? You need to stop focusing on age and base selection on form period as this isn’t an age grade competition...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

Who are the young ones that are doing better than Martins that should be taken? You need to stop focusing on age and base selection on form period as this isn’t an age grade competition...
Nigerians are obsessed with age.
We were the youngest team in Brazil and again looking like the youngest team in Russia and yet any in-form player who has been in the frame in the past is seen as disposable and has to give way to 'the young ones'.
Just a few years ago there were those arguing that JMO was 'old' and was no longer relevant.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

maceo4 wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

Success is now starting for Malaga, Awoniyi is another option as is Umar. If Martins were scoring in Italy, Spain, Germany or EPL i would be the first to clamour for his inclusion but I think the standard of football in the China league is low see as Ighalo has not scored for Nigeria since the first leg against Cameroon.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Flex Swift wrote:Success is now starting for Malaga, Awoniyi is another option as is Umar. If Martins were scoring in Italy, Spain, Germany or EPL i would be the first to clamour for his inclusion but I think the standard of football in the China league is low see as Ighalo has not scored for Nigeria since the first leg against Cameroon.
Yet he is a shoo-in.
Don't you see how it seems illogical for him to be a shoo-in while someone with the same stats in the same league in the same marksman role is an automatic shut-out ?
And all this simply because of age?

You too look am nah.
The only arguments we are hearing which I am sure you'd agree are just 'feelings', is that "he has been given his chance before"

We all have and still have great hopes for the likes of Isaac Success and Awoniyi BUT THEY ARE NOT READY.
Their mate Iheanacho that we all felt was 'ready' as far back as 2 years ago is even struggling to justify his place in the squad. Their other mate Ndidi is doing extremely well but we all know that he is going to get even better with age and experience and we do not know how he will fare on the big stage. But at least in his department it is guaranteed he will be surrounded by the more experienced Mikel, J'Obi and even Onazi.

Like someone said, you don't go to the WC to go and 'try out' promising talent. You go with some tried and tested talent and then you do a calculated trade-off between raw talent and experience.
Nobody is going to look to the young shoulders of all these kids for help when the going gets tough.

We need some veterans to steady the ship in trying times which are sure to come, and right now the only capable veteran is Mikel.
Musa is no leader, Onazi is struggling to justify his place and Echejiele is virtually out of the picture.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Ighalo's babalawo is powerful o.

Martins has ruptured his hamstring.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

niyi wrote:Ighalo's babalawo is powerful o.

Dang!!! Na true ooo. #%÷:/\%
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

highbury wrote:

shame on you .Niyi seems you want to be on the not so it list, you should know better
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
highbury wrote:

shame on you .Niyi seems you want to be on the not so it list, you should know better
:???: :???: :???:
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

niyi wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
highbury wrote:

:???: :???: :???:
The thing tire me ooo. Hatred is a bad thing. The man no get job :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
There is no doubt this man is on Ambien
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Martin's ruptures hamstring. Yobo Don jinx the Bobo, get well soon Marto
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

Tbite wrote:One of the most explosive footballers in Nigerian football history.

[/video]

Bobo is the type of footballer that could have succeeded in so many other sports (perhaps not Basketball).
Was that Gervinho i saw? :scared:
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Quick recovery Oba Oba!

Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!