Martins Got a Hatrick today

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cally
Egg
Egg
Re: Martins Got a Hatrick today

Post by Cally »

truetalk wrote:Could have been a legend in 5 or 6 different countries.

Sad that he would likely be more remembered as some sort of Nomad or Vagabond.

And yes, on a crazy loon would even think that Ighalo can clean Martins' boot, but I have no issues if Martins is not invited back to the
SE.

He can add value to the team if pitied and brought back though.
Oba still has demi-god status in Seattle. A player I love and respect. Incredibly talented.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

He should come and play against DRC
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Cally wrote:

And yes, on a crazy loon would even think that Ighalo can clean Martins' boot, but I have no issues if Martins is not invited back to the
SE.

Oba still has demi-god status in Seattle. A player I love and respect. Incredibly talented.
Another prime example of him being unsettled.

He was definitely the MLS MVP that year and there was a lot of home cooking for Dempsey for the official award. Most leagues will be reluctant to give the MVP award to a newcomer anyway, and Seattle did not win the title that year.

Next thing you know, Martins was on the way to China.

Italy, England, Russia, Spain, England Again, China and others I may have missed out.

You can get dizzy tracking Martins.

He should have just stayed in the NPLF if he was in love with one year contracts.

Don't even get me started with the National team career.

Well, the talent is undeniable, and he would easily make the National team better.

Much better than Ighalo. As much predatory instincts as Nacho, but with much better ball control.

Not campaigning for him, just stating the facts. He will be lucky to get a look in though
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

truetalk wrote:
Cally wrote:

SE.

He was definitely the MLS MVP that year and there was a lot of home cooking for Dempsey for the official award. Most leagues will be reluctant to give the MVP award to a newcomer anyway, and Seattle did not win the title that year.

Italy, England, Russia, Spain, England Again, China and others I may have missed out.

He should have just stayed in the NPLF if he was in love with one year contracts.

Well, the talent is undeniable, and he would easily make the National team better.

Much better than Ighalo. As much predatory instincts as Nacho, but with much better ball control.

Not campaigning for him, just stating the facts. He will be lucky to get a look in though
The boy/man is gypsy...can't help his sokugo
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Agents :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:

where's John-something?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Oga John12, abeg make you com
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

pajimoh wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Agents :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:

where's John-something?
I saw him sitting by a big rock, spitting on a cutlass and robbing it against the rock. He had this mean look in his eye and I could hear him murmuring to himself "dem agents go see pepper today". :tic:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Well, bros Pajimoh, make shor say Oga John12 no see dis tin wey you writ-o, hmm!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
globalinksnn
Egg
Egg

Post by globalinksnn »

Rohr will be an angel* to leave Martins out of the World cup

Martins is a clinical striker

Ighalo scores onces in 12 matches :taunt:
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Chinese Hatrick :wink:
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
truetalk wrote:
Cally wrote:

SE.

The boy/man is gypsy...can't help his sokugo
Burning Grass...Thanks for the nostalgia.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Martins already got his chance. Nigeria problem is not the forwards. It is the midfield play.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

ohenhen1 wrote:Martins already got his chance. Nigeria problem is not the forwards. It is the midfield play.
Naija problem is the people not the players
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Damunk wrote:
highbury wrote:I don't understand why we can't take him. He holds the ball, makes run, strong and SCORES!
You don't understand ke? :shock:

Let me give you 10 very objective, logical, incontrovertible, unchallengeable, moralistic, agent-free, non-tribalistic, politically-neutral, Ayoakinfesque reasons:

1. He is "too old".
2. He did not 'help' the team in the qualis. Who Martins 'ep?
3. He has already had his chance and should let 'the younger ones' try jor.
4. No matter what people say, or the statistics says, he doesn't score for the SE as is the designated requirement.
5. He plays in China for God's sake! What nonsense.
6. He is too short and we need a Rashidi Yekini, not a breda.
7. Besides, short people always have an SMS atittude and he too he is having it.
8. He is left-footed and left is bad. Yes.
9. He surely has an agent and we don't tolerate agents in this new dispensation please!
10. In fact, does he even go to church?

Dazz it. :?

Thats one Breda that I can get behind any day. The team could use his experience
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Martinsshouldberecalled
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ANC wrote:
Damunk wrote:
highbury wrote:I don't understand why we can't take him. He holds the ball, makes run, strong and SCORES!
You don't understand ke? :shock:

Let me give you 10 very objective, logical, incontrovertible, unchallengeable, moralistic, agent-free, non-tribalistic, politically-neutral, Ayoakinfesque reasons:

1. He is "too old".
2. He did not 'help' the team in the qualis. Who Martins 'ep?
3. He has already had his chance and should let 'the younger ones' try jor.
4. No matter what people say, or the statistics says, he doesn't score for the SE as is the designated requirement.
5. He plays in China for God's sake! What nonsense.
6. He is too short and we need a Rashidi Yekini, not a breda.
7. Besides, short people always have an SMS atittude and he too he is having it.
8. He is left-footed and left is bad. Yes.
9. He surely has an agent and we don't tolerate agents in this new dispensation please!
10. In fact, does he even go to church?

Dazz it. :?

Thats one Breda that I can get behind any day. The team could use his experience
ANC!!!!
You really need to choose your words carefully bro!
This is CE o.
Dem nor dey spare person. :tic:
:lol:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

He is a good teammate and in a good enough form to deserve a camp invite.

Like Truetalk, I believe had he not pursued money over fame he would have been an All Time Great.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

The saying is ‘make hay while the sun is shinning’
.....Martins has had his time / chances with the GWG and wasted his opportunities . 9ja won the nations cup without him ,9ja won Bronze @ the Olympics without him, 9ja won silver @ the Olympics without him, 9ja got to the 2nd of the last World Cup without him. 9ja qualified for the 2018 World Cup without him. During the qualification series 9ja had no problems scoring so why the panic?

Martins was evaluated for the last World Cup and deemed not good enough

Martins is clinical in front of goal but for 9ja tends to go missing. We will never discover new talent if we keep on calling up old washed up players everytime we think have a crises . We have so many players that need to be tested rather than revert back some one that has represented us in the past but never made an impact. How many goals did he score at the World Cup in South Africa? How many goals did he score during the nations cup tournaments. The most painful was the defeat to Ghana both him and Osaze failed!!! Yes I acknowledge he is doing well in China & congratulations on scoring a hat-trick versus whoever...... but Martins time came and went and it was never fruitful or eventful, meaning we won jack when he was part of the team in his prime.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Flex Swift wrote:The saying is ‘make hay while the sun is shinning’
.....Martins has had his time / chances with the GWG and wasted his opportunities . 9ja won the nations cup without him ,9ja won Bronze @ the Olympics without him, 9ja won silver @ the Olympics without him, 9ja got to the 2nd of the last World Cup without him. 9ja qualified for the 2018 World Cup without him. During the qualification series 9ja had no problems scoring so why the panic?

Martins was evaluated for the last World Cup and deemed not good enough

Martins is clinical in front of goal but for 9ja tends to go missing. We will never discover new talent if we keep on calling up old washed up players everytime we think have a crises . We have so many players that need to be tested rather than revert back some one that has represented us in the past but never made an impact. How many goals did he score at the World Cup in South Africa? How many goals did he score during the nations cup tournaments. The most painful was the defeat to Ghana both him and Osaze failed!!! Yes I acknowledge he is doing well in China & congratulations on scoring a hat-trick versus whoever...... but Martins time came and went and it was never fruitful or eventful, meaning we won jack when he was part of the team in his prime.
I never get this argument, is the world cup a youth tournament or something? Who are you trying to "discover" at a world cup? You are supposed to assemble your best and most in-form team that can rep your country. And how can his time have come and went when he is doing better than our current starters. This is why we are constantly rebuilding, we seem not to value experience.

And if we are using form in previous competitions to rule out players then the likes of Mikel and Moses wouldn't make the cut based on their previous subpar WC performances.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Spicyee
Egg
Egg

Post by Spicyee »

It will be a travesty if we show up at the WC without at least giving Oba a chance to fight for a shirt. He has done enough to deserve a recall. The current team can only benefit from the options he brings to the attack.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

[/video]
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

so all of una wey dey compare.. how many goals did Oba score last season , compared to Odion :D I know who scored more
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

[/video]
SuperEagles

niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Last season:

Martins 13 goals and 4 assists in 20 games

Ighalo 15 goals and 7 assists in 27 games
Bigpokey24 wrote:so all of una wey dey compare.. how many goals did Oba score last season , compared to Odion :D I know who scored more
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!