Sadiq Umar hangs yet again

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

icee
Egg
Egg
Re: jololo hangs!!!

Post by icee »

olu wrote:Hope he gets invited for the next friendly. He's been scoring too consistently to be ignored.
Didn't rate to him too highly but i have to agree - 11 games , 5 goals or a goal every 123 minutes...perhaps he needs a look in. One thing he did not score at all in the Seria A before he moved to Holland in Jan. He played fewer games in Italy but even considering his goals per minute, one may have expected at least a goal. The Dutch league seems to suit him and he has done enough to be called up

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/umar-sa ... ler/337715
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Sadiq Umar hangs yet again

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote:How/when did he get the name Jololo?
Abi na for CE dem christen am so? :lol:
Damunk

I believe he was named Jololo while playing in the academy in Nigeria. It was in reference to his height and movement.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

He scores but his team keeps on losing! I don’t know what to make of the Dutch league. should Umar be scoring more than one goal per game ? I ask because the standard seems to be quite low
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Flex Swift wrote:He scores but his team keeps on losing! I don’t know what to make of the Dutch league. should Umar be scoring more than one goal per game ? I ask because the standard seems to be quite low
He is very inconsistent... moreso against tougher opposition. During the Olympics you saw the way he looked like a giant amongst kids vs Japan then went silent at other times. At the very least a player should be consistent enough in the Dutch league to deserve an invitation to the super eagles.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

niyi wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:He scores but his team keeps on losing! I don’t know what to make of the Dutch league. should Umar be scoring more than one goal per game ? I ask because the standard seems to be quite low
He is very inconsistent... moreso against tougher opposition. During the Olympics you saw the way he looked like a giant amongst kids vs Japan then went silent at other times. At the very least a player should be consistent enough in the Dutch league to deserve an invitation to the super eagles.
I think he scored 4 goals in 6 games at the olympics
Also I think those “kids” were his age mates
Finally I don’t think any one other than Luis Suarez in 2010 has scored more than one goal per game in the Dutch league for the last 10 years
Suárez was playing for the best team in the league back then
Sadiq plays for nac Breda
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

niyi wrote:
olympis was 2 yrs ago!!!!
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

smartbrother wrote:
niyi wrote:
Finally I don’t think any one other than Luis Suarez in 2010 has scored more than one goal per game in the Dutch league for the last 10 years

This post has been KPOMIFIED!!!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

smartbrother wrote:
niyi wrote:
:clap: :clap: :clap:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

He seemed consistent to me during the Olympics. The only game in which he didn't play well was against Germany, and most of the team was poor in that game. I'm surprised he got so little playing time while he was on loan at Bologna and Torino. Happy he's scoring in Holland though. Not sure his good form is due to his talent or a reflection of how weak the Dutch league is. Probably a combination of both.
niyi wrote:
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

olu wrote:He seemed consistent to me during the Olympics. The only game in which he didn't play well was against Germany, and most of the team was poor in that game. I'm surprised he got so little playing time while he was on loan at Bologna and Torino. Happy he's scoring in Holland though. Not sure his good form is due to his talent or a reflection of how weak the Dutch league is. Probably a combination of both.
niyi wrote:
Ajax were Europa league finalists last year
which is more than can be said for teams from the Turkish, Belgian or Polish leagues

How strong/weak is the Chinese league compared to the dutch league
How many goals per game does Ighalo score there?
the Double standard on show here is crazy
born2win
Egg
Egg
Sadiq umar scores again--Hottest SE Striker in Europe???

Post by born2win »

Sadiq umar most recent goal

[/video]

Check out goal beginning at 3:29
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Sadiq umar scores again--Hottest SE Striker in Europe???

Post by maceo4 »

He deserves a chance to fight for a spot, we just don’t have another striker with his build, height, and ability.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

[/video]
what a goal
@3:25
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

note the speed and strength
another beautiful surging run from deep
:clap: :clap:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

I'm loving Sadiq's aggression. :clap:
In fact, this goal reminds me of Rashidi Yekini vs Maldini in 94 when the Italian had to pull Yekini to the ground. I'm not sure he even got a yellow card for that but had he not done so, Yekini would have wired the net just like Sadiq did here.
I pray Sadiq continues his development even if the WC comes a little early for him to fully shine.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

I am a little surprised that Gernot Rohr has not considered Sadiq Umar. Umar was raw during the Olympics but bagged some goals and terrorised defenders although yes his languid unbalanced running style may not suit many. But now that he is filling out into his body, he will be a serious threat. If Umar was at a good club, their first focus will be to work on his balance and improve on his efficiency. Rohr is very good at doing his research and I will not be surprised if Umar is called to camp for assessment. We need players with Umar's physicality.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Goldleaf wrote:I am a little surprised that Gernot Rohr has not considered Sadiq Umar. Umar was raw during the Olympics but bagged some goals and terrorised defenders although yes his languid unbalanced running style may not suit many. But now that he is filling out into his body, he will be a serious threat. If Umar was at a good club, their first focus will be to work on his balance and improve on his efficiency. Rohr is very good at doing his research and I will not be surprised if Umar is called to camp for assessment. We need players with Umar's physicality.
We absolutely need someone to compete directly with Ighalo and I'm now convinced Sadiq is it.'
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Umar is a really awkward striker for defenders. Which is a good thing.

Him, Dessers and Awoniyi are the only strikers in Europe that have been performing and for that alone deserve a look into, because the bench in this position is short.
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

Alright guys who is the reincarnation of Rashidi. Simy or Jololo?
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Great goal and another defeat to his team thankfully he is only on loan. The goal is similar to the type Rashidi used to score.

With the unveiling events surrounding his form Rohr has to take a look at him now. We are pretty light striker wise as we only have one striker that scores goals (Nacho) while the other one only holds the ball up (he is very good at it).
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Umar has always delivered the goods when given the chance. In his first season at Roma, he started ahead of Dzeko and scored 2 goals in 3 matches before the coach, Rudi Garcia, was sacked and he did not get a look-in under the new coach. He then played at the Olympics and scored 4 goals in 6 games. The next season, he was loaned to Bologna and he had an injury ravaged season which included having surgery and that limited his appearances.
He returned to Roma at the beginning of the current season and scored 2 goals in 2 matches, including a very good goal against PSG and again did not play another match in pre season until he joined Torino at the start of the season and was up against it from the beginning as he had no pre season with the team and was also competing for a spot with Italy's Belotti, who was the leading scorer for Torino.
He demanded to leave Torino to get playing time and the move seems to have paid off. I don't know about the WC, but he is definitely one for the future. His next move will be crucial to his development and I hope he joins Rudi Garcia at Marseille.
I am happy
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Dammy wrote:Umar has always delivered the goods when given the chance. In his first season at Roma, he started ahead of Dzeko and scored 2 goals in 3 matches before the coach, Rudi Garcia, was sacked and he did not get a look-in under the new coach. He then played at the Olympics and scored 4 goals in 6 games. The next season, he was loaned to Bologna and he had an injury ravaged season which included having surgery and that limited his appearances.
He returned to Roma at the beginning of the current season and scored 2 goals in 2 matches, including a very good goal against PSG and again did not play another match in pre season until he joined Torino at the start of the season and was up against it from the beginning as he had no pre season with the team and was also competing for a spot with Italy's Belotti, who was the leading scorer for Torino.
He demanded to leave Torino to get playing time and the move seems to have paid off. I don't know about the WC, but he is definitely one for the future. His next move will be crucial to his development and I hope he joins Rudi Garcia at Marseille.
I remember Rohr saying he was interested in certain boys from the Olympics team and he said the striker (Umar) and the boy that scored 4 goals (Etebo). But seems his injury problems at Bologna didn't allow him to get a chance. I hope he eventually does.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

smartbrother wrote:[/video]
what a goal
@3:25
No be Tottenham coach be dat?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."