World Class and Potential WC players in the SE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg
World Class and Potential WC players in the SE

Post by chief nfachairman »

Its no hidden secret that to do well on the World stage, a major factor is the number of world class players in the team amidst other factors. Ofcourse there are exceptions to this but nobody goes into a competition hoping to be the exception.

Are these players World class or potential world class players?
1. MIKEL: World Class. Baba
2. V.Moses: World Class. Chelsea seems to play well only when he's playing well.
3. Ndidi - He's just some few minutes away from being World class.
4. Joel Obi - about 6-8yrs ago, he broke into a great Inter Milan team. Injury has slowed him down but if he can stay injury free, his performance at Torino and the WC would land him in the top 4 of the Top 4 Leagues.
5. Etebo - Had a great start in the LaLiga. If he continues at this pace, the only way for him is UP.
6. Troost Ekong - Dude has grown and he improves daily. Once nominated as best defender in Norway. Currently Voted CAF best defender. He would land in the Top 5 in a Top 5 especially now that he is with Stellar Group.
7. Tyron Ebuehi - Best Right back in the Dutch league. Signed with Benfica and with a top performance next season, the only clubs he would join are Reals, Barcas and Man UTDs of this world
8. Alex Iwobi - he's in a Top team (i think). He just needs to discover his game in Arsenal and he truly wouldbe the best in Arsenal as Sanchez mentioned.

Looking in
9. Henry Onyekuru: Nuff said
10.Samuel Kalu: 7 goals and 7 assists so far, he was nominated in the 50 biggest Talent in Europe list. very skillful ad regarded as the best crosser of the ball in Belgium.
Last edited by chief nfachairman on Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: World Class and Potential WC players in the SE

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Watched Samuel Kalu vs Anderlecht yesterday. The boy is not even surulere class.
OCCUPY NFF!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

The real question is this:

Is nfa chairman a world class poster or a purveyor of idle threads?
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

3. Ndidi - He's just some few minutes away from being World class.
:lol: :lol: wetin be few mins away :D
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Watched Samuel Kalu vs Anderlecht yesterday. The boy is not even surulere class.

:bump: :bump: Wicked somebori
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

txj wrote:The real question is this:

Is nfa chairman a world class poster or a purveyor of idle threads?
Guy, gaan chop chicken!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

A lot of premature overhyping but its all good :thumbs: :thumbs:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

World class. How many of Nigeria's current squad would get into the first 11 of Barcelona, Real Madrid, or Bayern? (AKA world class teams)
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Nigeria World class talent and no mention of musa??? Flawed list. On musa day he is world class if I’m lying ask zabaleta
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Just because a player can’t get into elite team doesn’t mean he isn’t World Class. Okocha didn’t play for an elite team but he is wc
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

john12 wrote:Nigeria World class talent and no mention of musa??? Flawed list. On musa day he is world class if I’m lying ask zabaleta
Humor me, so if Musa is WC then what is the classification of those that kept him out of the Leicester team, like Gray and Albrighton and co...

It seems somehow lost on you is the idea of ‘consistency’, doing something WC in one game doesn’t mean you are esp. if you can’t consistently perform at that level...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

MIKEL: World Class?

This is 2018 not 2008
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Some of una definition of "world class" get as e be. None of our players (IMO) are WC at the moment.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

maceo4 wrote:
john12 wrote:Nigeria World class talent and no mention of musa??? Flawed list. On musa day he is world class if I’m lying ask zabaleta
Humor me, so if Musa is WC then what is the classification of those that kept him out of the Leicester team, like Gray and Albrighton and co...

It seems somehow lost on you is the idea of ‘consistency’, doing something WC in one game doesn’t mean you are esp. if you can’t consistently perform at that level...
Intergalactic class. :taunt:

Both will make the English team and lead them to the trophy because they are better than every SE player that has existed.
Signed- resident clowns association.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

I don’t think you comprehended what I conveyed. I said that on musa best he is WORLD CLASS and I gave examples of world class performances by musa against ARGENTINA and BARCELONA. go and rewatch those two games then tell me if musa isn’t really world class at his best. As for Mikel Obi, it’s vividly clear that Mikel can stand his ground on any pitch against any player so that’s not even an argument, MIKEL is WORLD CLASS. Maceo players lose form all the time and musa travails At Leicester transcended football. He was benched for non-football reasons
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Okocha played for PSG at a time when they also had Ronaldinho and the captain of the Brazilian national team in their side...
john12 wrote:Just because a player can’t get into elite team doesn’t mean he isn’t World Class. Okocha didn’t play for an elite team but he is wc
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

When are we getting world class food,water and power? Pls put me on the notification list for that. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

metalalloy wrote:Some of una definition of "world class" get as e be. None of our players (IMO) are WC at the moment.

• Own Class: Messi, Ronaldo
    World class: Neymar, L. Sane, L. Suárez, K. De Bruyne, Mohamed Salah, E. Hazard, Marcelo, Isco, David de Gea, Dybala, R. Sterling, Kante, Lukaku
    Continental Class: W. Ndidi, V. Moses, Iwobi, Asamoah(Juventus), Thomas(Atletico),
    unCLASSified: K. Iheanacho, Obi Mikel, O. Ighalo, Onazi, J. Obi, Balogun, Omeruo, Troost-Ekong, Ayews.....
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

wiseone wrote:Okocha played for PSG at a time when they also had Ronaldinho and the captain of the Brazilian national team in their side...
john12 wrote:Just because a player can’t get into elite team doesn’t mean he isn’t World Class. Okocha didn’t play for an elite team but he is wc
PSG was NOT an "elite" team during Jay Jay's time there...
Finishing as low as 9th in the French Ligue @x during his 4 years.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Frankly, the only Nigerians that I can think of that arguably played on elite sides are Finidi at Ajax (elite side but sub-elite league), Amuneke at Barca (truncated by injuries), Mikel at Chelsea and argubaly Kanu at Arsenal. Gbenga Okunowo also somehow snuck into a starting shirt for a minute at Barca.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Rawlings wrote:MIKEL: World Class?

This is 2018 not 2008
name one from Ghana :evil: ...and if U say Baba Rahman I go give U Babanla wozzing :twisted:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Gotti wrote:Frankly, the only Nigerians that I can think of that arguably played on elite sides are Finidi at Ajax (elite side but sub-elite league), Amuneke at Barca (truncated by injuries), Mikel at Chelsea and argubaly Kanu at Arsenal. Gbenga Okunowo also somehow snuck into a starting shirt for a minute at Barca.
Dont forget Taribo West in that Inter Squad of 97/98. I think they won the UEFA cup that year. Ronaldo was on that team. Kanu was on that team but in the midst of his heart issues.

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

metalalloy wrote:
Gotti wrote:Frankly, the only Nigerians that I can think of that arguably played on elite sides are Finidi at Ajax (elite side but sub-elite league), Amuneke at Barca (truncated by injuries), Mikel at Chelsea and argubaly Kanu at Arsenal. Gbenga Okunowo also somehow snuck into a starting shirt for a minute at Barca.
Dont forget Taribo West in that Inter Squad of 97/98. I think they won the UEFA cup that year. Ronaldo was on that team. Kanu was on that team but in the midst of his heart issues.
Yep... :thumb:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL