World Class and Potential WC players in the SE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: World Class and Potential WC players in the SE

Post by maceo4 »

john12 wrote:I don’t think you comprehended what I conveyed. I said that on musa best he is WORLD CLASS and I gave examples of world class performances by musa against ARGENTINA and BARCELONA. go and rewatch those two games then tell me if musa isn’t really world class at his best. As for Mikel Obi, it’s vividly clear that Mikel can stand his ground on any pitch against any player so that’s not even an argument, MIKEL is WORLD CLASS. Maceo players lose form all the time and musa travails At Leicester transcended football. He was benched for non-football reasons
Dude no world class player would be benched at a team like Leicester, I mean come on, because someone has made some good plays a couple of times in their career doesn’t make them world class.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Dude musa wasn’t benched for footballing reasons. How many times are we going to tell you about it??
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

john12 wrote:Dude musa wasn’t benched for footballing reasons. How many times are we going to tell you about it??
Sure, and now he’s back at his world class Russian team to continue his world class displays...we get it...stop trolling
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:When are we getting world class food,water and power? Pls put me on the notification list for that. :thumb:
...and when are we gonna have a world class NFA that can produce and nurture future footballers. Unless the OP means local world class within Nigeria which is how we roll in Nigeria.
Local champion :biggrin:
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Honestly speaking I don't think Nigeria has produced a consummate world class player. Kanu had the potentials but I don't what ruined him whether it was his heart problem or copacetic with little he accomplished. Mikel had all the attributes to be in this same class with Messi, Zindane and Ronaldo he never applied himself more than necessary . Inordinately subservient to his coaches never applied himself to be the best he could be. Never come close to maximize his God given potentials.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
3. Ndidi - He's just some few minutes away from being World class.
:lol: :lol: wetin be few mins away :D
:bump: you know if he plays one more match at this time of the season and he ends up as MOTM, we would be hearing both genuine and fake transfer news about Barca, Reals, ManUtds etc of this world trying to buy him.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

wiseone wrote:World class. How many of Nigeria's current squad would get into the first 11 of Barcelona, Real Madrid, or Bayern? (AKA world class teams)
Chelsea is a world class team of which MIkel and Moses have been central to the team.

Unfortunately, Arsenal is a world class team but Iwobi hasnt pulled his weight. I believe he would soon and thats when the world would start singing Iwobi.

JOel Obi played in a world class team (Inter Milan) 6/8yrs ago. Injury hampered him but he is now getting back to that form that got him into the great INter MIan team but now, he is more experienced.

Every other player listed up there are few months away from walking into any top team in the world.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Rawlings wrote:MIKEL: World Class?

This is 2018 not 2008
Class is like wine, gets better with age.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

john12 wrote:I don’t think you comprehended what I conveyed. I said that on musa best he is WORLD CLASS and I gave examples of world class performances by musa against ARGENTINA and BARCELONA. go and rewatch those two games then tell me if musa isn’t really world class at his best. As for Mikel Obi, it’s vividly clear that Mikel can stand his ground on any pitch against any player so that’s not even an argument, MIKEL is WORLD CLASS. Maceo players lose form all the time and musa travails At Leicester transcended football. He was benched for non-football reasons
To be world class, you need to be consistent. Not play well in only 2/3 top games in your whole career.

I like Musa, but this your overhyping the dude is totally unwarranted.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:When are we getting world class food,water and power? Pls put me on the notification list for that. :thumb:
When firstly, we kick out Buhari and secondly, we vote someone with brains.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Rawlings wrote:
metalalloy wrote:Some of una definition of "world class" get as e be. None of our players (IMO) are WC at the moment.

• Own Class: Messi, Ronaldo
    World class: Neymar, L. Sane, L. Suárez, K. De Bruyne, Mohamed Salah, E. Hazard, Marcelo, Isco, David de Gea, Dybala, R. Sterling, Kante, Lukaku
    Continental Class: W. Ndidi, V. Moses, Iwobi, Asamoah(Juventus), Thomas(Atletico),
    unCLASSified: K. Iheanacho, Obi Mikel, O. Ighalo, Onazi, J. Obi, Balogun, Omeruo, Troost-Ekong, Ayews.....
:bump: :bump: I like this breakdown though V.moses and very soon Ndidi should be in that world class bracket.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

metalalloy wrote:
Gotti wrote:Frankly, the only Nigerians that I can think of that arguably played on elite sides are Finidi at Ajax (elite side but sub-elite league), Amuneke at Barca (truncated by injuries), Mikel at Chelsea and argubaly Kanu at Arsenal. Gbenga Okunowo also somehow snuck into a starting shirt for a minute at Barca.
Dont forget Taribo West in that Inter Squad of 97/98. I think they won the UEFA cup that year. Ronaldo was on that team. Kanu was on that team but in the midst of his heart issues.
*Don't forget Ikpeba at Monaco pairing with Klinsman,
*Oliseh (ajax, dortmund, etc),
*TJ (Ajax),
*At that time, Anderlecht and Brugge were big teams in Europe and they had Nwanu and Amokachi.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

john12 wrote:Dude musa wasn’t benched for footballing reasons. How many times are we going to tell you about it??
why was he benched? I would love to know
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

paj wrote:
Rawlings wrote:MIKEL: World Class?

This is 2018 not 2008
name one from Ghana :evil: ...and if U say Baba Rahman I go give U Babanla wozzing :twisted:
did u see my list?
    World class: Neymar, L. Sane, L. Suárez, K. De Bruyne, Mohamed Salah, E. Hazard, Marcelo, Isco, David de Gea, Dybala, R. Sterling, Kante, Lukaku
    Continental Class: W. Ndidi, V. Moses, Iwobi, Asamoah(Juventus), Thomas(Atletico),
    unCLASSified: K. Iheanacho, Obi Mikel, O. Ighalo, Onazi, J. Obi, Balogun, Omeruo, Troost-Ekong, Ayews.....
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

chief nfachairman wrote:
Rawlings wrote:
metalalloy wrote:Some of una definition of "world class" get as e be. None of our players (IMO) are WC at the moment.

:bump: :bump: I like this breakdown though V.moses and very soon Ndidi should be in that world class bracket.
Both of them have already peaked.
Besides, they are both too old (Victor is 27 and Ndidi 21+?)
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar