Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:35 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:37 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 34486
Location: Land of the Terrapins
Obong wrote:
Gotti, you may want to reconsider that line in your retort that states:

Or why Ikeme consistently played at a higher level and achieved more than Vince ever did...

Either you meant it as a back-handed joke, or you just wanted to rile up an argument. However, facts are sacred. Enyeama definitely has played at a higher level than Ikeme and has achieved more, whether individually as a player or as a club or international player. It stands to reason that in football terms, the French Ligue 1 is higher in estimation than the English Championship.

Carl Ikeme: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Ikeme

Vincent Enyeama: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vincent_Enyeama


Obong owo, I believe he was just being sarcastic...

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:51 am
Posts: 3756
Location: City of hustlers ,land of the brave.
Obong wrote:
Gotti, you may want to reconsider that line in your retort that states:

Or why Ikeme consistently played at a higher level and achieved more than Vince ever did...

Either you meant it as a back-handed joke, or you just wanted to rile up an argument. However, facts are sacred. Enyeama definitely has played at a higher level than Ikeme and has achieved more, whether individually as a player or as a club or international player. It stands to reason that in football terms, the French Ligue 1 is higher in estimation than the English Championship.

Carl Ikeme: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Ikeme

Vincent Enyeama: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vincent_Enyeama


Obong Owo , I think he was being sarcastic .

_________________
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:14 pm
Posts: 12469
Location: USA
Gotti wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Nonsense. I didn't say anything about looking pretty.

Every position on the field is technical. Every. That's why keepers study AND train....if you can't anticipate crosses, you'll get beat. If you're short, you'll get beat....even if your reflexes are awesome.

Explains why WC-winning Fabien Barthez was such a giant... :lol:

Or why Ikeme consistently played at a higher level and achieved more than Vince ever did...
Dude, enough with the ephemeral BS, the SOLE purpose of goalkeeping is to consistently prevent goals!



Nonsense. No one questions the sole purpose of goalkeeping. But you cannot prevent all goals, and certain goals would exploit your weaknesses. Balogun is a solid defender, but he is slow. THAT IS A WEAKNESS. He can get beat for pace, and it is exploitable. Omeruoh is faster, but not as smart or gifted as Balogun. That is also a weakness.

Barthez was short, and also error-prone (read: lack of concentration). That is a weakness...one that Sir Alex eventually got tired of. Stop arguing points that no one made. Weaknesses exist. And for many Nigerian keepers, it is crosses, and the anticipation thereof.

When Oliseh forced Enyeama out, I was crazy livid. I dumped Oliseh in the dust bin and I don't think I've ever retrieved him from there. I loved Enyeama...but that does not mean he is perfect, or didn't have exploitable weaknesses. Its the same for Uzoho. I'm reasonably confident in Uzoho's reflexes, and his ability to win a 1v1 duel...In fact, I am not as concerned as some with his "nerves"....What does concern me is how he deals with crosses...which is a significant weakness at this level. We'll keep losing (gallantly) if we don't deal with these details.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:31 pm
Posts: 5005
Location: Akwa Ibom. Lagos. Dallas.
imehjunior wrote:
Obong wrote:
Gotti, you may want to reconsider that line in your retort that states:

Or why Ikeme consistently played at a higher level and achieved more than Vince ever did...

Either you meant it as a back-handed joke, or you just wanted to rile up an argument. However, facts are sacred. Enyeama definitely has played at a higher level than Ikeme and has achieved more, whether individually as a player or as a club or international player. It stands to reason that in football terms, the French Ligue 1 is higher in estimation than the English Championship.

Carl Ikeme: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Ikeme

Vincent Enyeama: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vincent_Enyeama


Obong Owo , I think he was being sarcastic .


Why I thought it a back-handed joke. Rather un-Gotti like. Sarcasm noted.

_________________
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:20 am
Posts: 28239
Obong wrote:
Gotti, you may want to reconsider that line in your retort that states:

Or why Ikeme consistently played at a higher level and achieved more than Vince ever did...

Either you meant it as a back-handed joke, or you just wanted to rile up an argument. However, facts are sacred. Enyeama definitely has played at a higher level than Ikeme and has achieved more, whether individually as a player or as a club or international player. It stands to reason that in football terms, the French Ligue 1 is higher in estimation than the English Championship.

Carl Ikeme: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Ikeme

Vincent Enyeama: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vincent_Enyeama

So, you also believe that I thought the 5' 10" Barthez to be a giant? :oops:

_________________
#BRINGBACKALLOURGIRLS#


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:20 am
Posts: 28239
deanotito wrote:
Nonsense. No one questions the sole purpose of goalkeeping. But you cannot prevent all goals, and certain goals would exploit your weaknesses. Balogun is a solid defender, but he is slow. THAT IS A WEAKNESS. He can get beat for pace, and it is exploitable. Omeruoh is faster, but not as smart or gifted as Balogun. That is also a weakness.

Barthez was short, and also error-prone (read: lack of concentration). That is a weakness...one that Sir Alex eventually got tired of. Stop arguing points that no one made. Weaknesses exist. And for many Nigerian keepers, it is crosses, and the anticipation thereof.

When Oliseh forced Enyeama out, I was crazy livid. I dumped Oliseh in the dust bin and I don't think I've ever retrieved him from there. I loved Enyeama...but that does not mean he is perfect, or didn't have exploitable weaknesses. Its the same for Uzoho. I'm reasonably confident in Uzoho's reflexes, and his ability to win a 1v1 duel...In fact, I am not as concerned as some with his "nerves"....What does concern me is how he deals with crosses...which is a significant weakness at this level. We'll keep losing (gallantly) if we don't deal with these details.

Dude, you are the one make churlish Strawman Arguments...
But show us a GK that has never let in goals or a team that has never lost (gallantly or ingallantly). SMH

_________________
#BRINGBACKALLOURGIRLS#


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:47 pm
Posts: 9930
Does anyone remember Mr Dosu?

Let's pray Uzoho turns out as great!

Cmoke :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

P.S

By the time Uzoho mans our post for our 3 upcoming friendlies and also completes intense world cup training camp, would you still call him inexperienced?

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Robotnik wrote:
You have summarized our situation with the goalies. This is not a good position for our SE to be in going into the world cup. It is now about picking the lowest risk keeper and living with the consequences of our choice and the outcome.


Nots it’s not about picking the lowest risk goalie, that kind of thinking doesn’t fit the into any plan. We find ourselves in this situation because of the unfortunate illness of Ikeme and not because of a lack of planning. Losing an undisputed first choice goalie is a tough hit to any team that hopes to reach its full potential. As a result we find ourselves in a situation where there’re only 2 options.

1, Are we picking a goalie that can take us as far as the team talent suggests?
If the plan is to get the bro the quarters and beyond, the only real option is Enyeama. He has the talent and experience but is match rusty. The Nff and Rohr will have to convince him to come back and Put him on a fast rack to fitness and readiness. The article suggests the Nff has left the door open.

2, Are we looking to the future?

In this case Uzoho is the only option. He has the talent but lacks the experience. Frankly, I can’t remember a teenager in goal past the first rd of the wc.

That’s it and that’s all.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:12 pm
Posts: 20562
Obong wrote:
Gotti, you may want to reconsider that line in your retort that states:

Or why Ikeme consistently played at a higher level and achieved more than Vince ever did...

Either you meant it as a back-handed joke, or you just wanted to rile up an argument. [b]However, facts are sacred. Enyeama definitely has played at a higher level than Ikeme and has achieved more, whether individually as a player or as a club or international player. It stands to reason that in football terms, the French Ligue 1 is higher in estimation than the English Championship.[/b]

Carl Ikeme: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Ikeme

Vincent Enyeama: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vincent_Enyeama


Dude................can't you understand a 'tongue-in-cheek' statement when you see one?
I tire for some of you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
Trump WILL never be the GOP nominee and no one will remember him once the campaign get serious...............Ekorian der gasbag(R)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:12 pm
Posts: 20562
Gotti wrote:
Obong wrote:
Gotti, you may want to reconsider that line in your retort that states:

Or why Ikeme consistently played at a higher level and achieved more than Vince ever did...

Either you meant it as a back-handed joke, or you just wanted to rile up an argument. However, facts are sacred. Enyeama definitely has played at a higher level than Ikeme and has achieved more, whether individually as a player or as a club or international player. It stands to reason that in football terms, the French Ligue 1 is higher in estimation than the English Championship.

Carl Ikeme: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Ikeme

Vincent Enyeama: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vincent_Enyeama

So, you also believe that I thought the 5' 10" Barthez to be a giant? :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
Trump WILL never be the GOP nominee and no one will remember him once the campaign get serious...............Ekorian der gasbag(R)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:10 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 34486
Location: Land of the Terrapins
Cmoke wrote:
Does anyone remember Mr Dosu?

Let's pray Uzoho turns out as great!

Cmoke :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

P.S

By the time Uzoho mans our post for our 3 upcoming friendlies and also completes intense world cup training camp, would you still call him inexperienced?

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Robotnik wrote:
You have summarized our situation with the goalies. This is not a good position for our SE to be in going into the world cup. It is now about picking the lowest risk keeper and living with the consequences of our choice and the outcome.


Nots it’s not about picking the lowest risk goalie, that kind of thinking doesn’t fit the into any plan. We find ourselves in this situation because of the unfortunate illness of Ikeme and not because of a lack of planning. Losing an undisputed first choice goalie is a tough hit to any team that hopes to reach its full potential. As a result we find ourselves in a situation where there’re only 2 options.

1, Are we picking a goalie that can take us as far as the team talent suggests?
If the plan is to get the bro the quarters and beyond, the only real option is Enyeama. He has the talent and experience but is match rusty. The Nff and Rohr will have to convince him to come back and Put him on a fast rack to fitness and readiness. The article suggests the Nff has left the door open.

2, Are we looking to the future?

In this case Uzoho is the only option. He has the talent but lacks the experience. Frankly, I can’t remember a teenager in goal past the first rd of the wc.

That’s it and that’s all.


For the World Cup of course that’s inexperienced. What are you guys talking about. No other serious World Cup team is taking a player who hasn’t had at least a season of first team action in a proper league, talk less of starting them. A few NT friendlies can’t suddenly make you experienced. If that’s what we have then that’s what we have but it’s disingenuous to say he would be an experienced GK.

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:31 pm
Posts: 5005
Location: Akwa Ibom. Lagos. Dallas.
zee wrote:
Gotti wrote:
Obong wrote:
Gotti, you may want to reconsider that line in your retort that states:

Or why Ikeme consistently played at a higher level and achieved more than Vince ever did...

Either you meant it as a back-handed joke, or you just wanted to rile up an argument. However, facts are sacred. Enyeama definitely has played at a higher level than Ikeme and has achieved more, whether individually as a player or as a club or international player. It stands to reason that in football terms, the French Ligue 1 is higher in estimation than the English Championship.

Carl Ikeme: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Ikeme

Vincent Enyeama: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vincent_Enyeama

So, you also believe that I thought the 5' 10" Barthez to be a giant? :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Just like you failed to discern the back-handed joke part... :lol: :lol: . I understand. It's a slow news day.

_________________
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:31 pm
Posts: 5005
Location: Akwa Ibom. Lagos. Dallas.
Gotti wrote:
Obong wrote:
Gotti, you may want to reconsider that line in your retort that states:

Or why Ikeme consistently played at a higher level and achieved more than Vince ever did...

Either you meant it as a back-handed joke, or you just wanted to rile up an argument. However, facts are sacred. Enyeama definitely has played at a higher level than Ikeme and has achieved more, whether individually as a player or as a club or international player. It stands to reason that in football terms, the French Ligue 1 is higher in estimation than the English Championship.

Carl Ikeme: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Ikeme

Vincent Enyeama: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vincent_Enyeama

So, you also believe that I thought the 5' 10" Barthez to be a giant? :oops:


Barthez was a giant in many ways. Depends on if you're French. :oops:

_________________
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:47 pm
Posts: 9930
Old boy,

By your definition then the only goalkeeper that you will consider experienced is the one who has kept in World Cup before!

So Zambian goalie will not meet your definition of experienced goalie!

The funny thing is that by your definition, the moment he finishes his first minute of a world cup game, he becomes experienced!

You are right, what we have is what we have. None of our available goalie has kept in world cup before. Vincent is not available, or not interested or not in shape. Pick your choice.

I personally think Rohr is focused on getting Uzoho ready to start for us at the world cup. We have no other choice except Akpeyi and Ezenwa!

That, my brother is our reality.

Unless of course you wan force Vincent to come back!

Cmoke :D :D :D :D :D :D



maceo4 wrote:
Cmoke wrote:
Does anyone remember Mr Dosu?

Let's pray Uzoho turns out as great!

Cmoke :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

P.S

By the time Uzoho mans our post for our 3 upcoming friendlies and also completes intense world cup training camp, would you still call him inexperienced?

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Robotnik wrote:
You have summarized our situation with the goalies. This is not a good position for our SE to be in going into the world cup. It is now about picking the lowest risk keeper and living with the consequences of our choice and the outcome.


Nots it’s not about picking the lowest risk goalie, that kind of thinking doesn’t fit the into any plan. We find ourselves in this situation because of the unfortunate illness of Ikeme and not because of a lack of planning. Losing an undisputed first choice goalie is a tough hit to any team that hopes to reach its full potential. As a result we find ourselves in a situation where there’re only 2 options.

1, Are we picking a goalie that can take us as far as the team talent suggests?
If the plan is to get the bro the quarters and beyond, the only real option is Enyeama. He has the talent and experience but is match rusty. The Nff and Rohr will have to convince him to come back and Put him on a fast rack to fitness and readiness. The article suggests the Nff has left the door open.

2, Are we looking to the future?

In this case Uzoho is the only option. He has the talent but lacks the experience. Frankly, I can’t remember a teenager in goal past the first rd of the wc.

That’s it and that’s all.


For the World Cup of course that’s inexperienced. What are you guys talking about. No other serious World Cup team is taking a player who hasn’t had at least a season of first team action in a proper league, talk less of starting them. A few NT friendlies can’t suddenly make you experienced. If that’s what we have then that’s what we have but it’s disingenuous to say he would be an experienced GK.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:14 pm
Posts: 12469
Location: USA
Cmoke wrote:
Old boy,

By your definition then the only goalkeeper that you will consider experienced is the one who has kept in World Cup before!

So Zambian goalie will not meet your definition of experienced goalie!

The funny thing is that by your definition, the moment he finishes his first minute of a world cup game, he becomes experienced!

You are right, what we have is what we have. None of our available goalie has kept in world cup before. Vincent is not available, or not interested or not in shape. Pick your choice.

I personally think Rohr is focused on getting Uzoho ready to start for us at the world cup. We have no other choice except Akpeyi and Ezenwa!

That, my brother is our reality.

Unless of course you wan force Vincent to come back!

Cmoke :D :D :D :D :D :D



maceo4 wrote:
Cmoke wrote:
Does anyone remember Mr Dosu?

Let's pray Uzoho turns out as great!

Cmoke :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

P.S

By the time Uzoho mans our post for our 3 upcoming friendlies and also completes intense world cup training camp, would you still call him inexperienced?

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Robotnik wrote:
You have summarized our situation with the goalies. This is not a good position for our SE to be in going into the world cup. It is now about picking the lowest risk keeper and living with the consequences of our choice and the outcome.


Nots it’s not about picking the lowest risk goalie, that kind of thinking doesn’t fit the into any plan. We find ourselves in this situation because of the unfortunate illness of Ikeme and not because of a lack of planning. Losing an undisputed first choice goalie is a tough hit to any team that hopes to reach its full potential. As a result we find ourselves in a situation where there’re only 2 options.

1, Are we picking a goalie that can take us as far as the team talent suggests?
If the plan is to get the bro the quarters and beyond, the only real option is Enyeama. He has the talent and experience but is match rusty. The Nff and Rohr will have to convince him to come back and Put him on a fast rack to fitness and readiness. The article suggests the Nff has left the door open.

2, Are we looking to the future?

In this case Uzoho is the only option. He has the talent but lacks the experience. Frankly, I can’t remember a teenager in goal past the first rd of the wc.

That’s it and that’s all.


For the World Cup of course that’s inexperienced. What are you guys talking about. No other serious World Cup team is taking a player who hasn’t had at least a season of first team action in a proper league, talk less of starting them. A few NT friendlies can’t suddenly make you experienced. If that’s what we have then that’s what we have but it’s disingenuous to say he would be an experienced GK.


He was definitely focused on getting Uzoho ready, and were the WC to start on March 1, Uzoho would be the starting goalie. But there's still some time to see if that's the best we could do. If I were to rate the 3 we currently have, I'd give Uzoho a slight edge over Ezenwa. Akpeyi aint in the conversation. I previously said Vinny can't be ready if he hasnt played in a year, but bros, right now, I'd say he should get a shot in a friendly. England friendly.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:08 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 34486
Location: Land of the Terrapins
Cmoke wrote:
Old boy,

By your definition then the only goalkeeper that you will consider experienced is the one who has kept in World Cup before!

So Zambian goalie will not meet your definition of experienced goalie!

The funny thing is that by your definition, the moment he finishes his first minute of a world cup game, he becomes experienced!

You are right, what we have is what we have. None of our available goalie has kept in world cup before. Vincent is not available, or not interested or not in shape. Pick your choice.

I personally think Rohr is focused on getting Uzoho ready to start for us at the world cup. We have no other choice except Akpeyi and Ezenwa!

That, my brother is our reality.

Unless of course you wan force Vincent to come back!

Cmoke :D :D :D :D :D :D



maceo4 wrote:
Cmoke wrote:
Does anyone remember Mr Dosu?

Let's pray Uzoho turns out as great!

Cmoke :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

P.S

By the time Uzoho mans our post for our 3 upcoming friendlies and also completes intense world cup training camp, would you still call him inexperienced?

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Robotnik wrote:
You have summarized our situation with the goalies. This is not a good position for our SE to be in going into the world cup. It is now about picking the lowest risk keeper and living with the consequences of our choice and the outcome.


Nots it’s not about picking the lowest risk goalie, that kind of thinking doesn’t fit the into any plan. We find ourselves in this situation because of the unfortunate illness of Ikeme and not because of a lack of planning. Losing an undisputed first choice goalie is a tough hit to any team that hopes to reach its full potential. As a result we find ourselves in a situation where there’re only 2 options.

1, Are we picking a goalie that can take us as far as the team talent suggests?
If the plan is to get the bro the quarters and beyond, the only real option is Enyeama. He has the talent and experience but is match rusty. The Nff and Rohr will have to convince him to come back and Put him on a fast rack to fitness and readiness. The article suggests the Nff has left the door open.

2, Are we looking to the future?

In this case Uzoho is the only option. He has the talent but lacks the experience. Frankly, I can’t remember a teenager in goal past the first rd of the wc.

That’s it and that’s all.


For the World Cup of course that’s inexperienced. What are you guys talking about. No other serious World Cup team is taking a player who hasn’t had at least a season of first team action in a proper league, talk less of starting them. A few NT friendlies can’t suddenly make you experienced. If that’s what we have then that’s what we have but it’s disingenuous to say he would be an experienced GK.


Why would the Zambian keeper be inexperienced? He has years of experience playing for the NT and plays in the first division in SA.

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:47 pm
Posts: 9930
Old boy,

You are missing the point. It was an open secret that Rohr wanted Vince and Musa to change clubs and play regularly. Vince obviously did not change clubs. Musa did!

We once took vacationing Peter Rufai to the world cup. Wetin happened then?

You are assuming that Vince is motivated to return from retirement.

deanotito wrote:
Cmoke wrote:
Old boy,

By your definition then the only goalkeeper that you will consider experienced is the one who has kept in World Cup before!

So Zambian goalie will not meet your definition of experienced goalie!

The funny thing is that by your definition, the moment he finishes his first minute of a world cup game, he becomes experienced!

You are right, what we have is what we have. None of our available goalie has kept in world cup before. Vincent is not available, or not interested or not in shape. Pick your choice.

I personally think Rohr is focused on getting Uzoho ready to start for us at the world cup. We have no other choice except Akpeyi and Ezenwa!

That, my brother is our reality.

Unless of course you wan force Vincent to come back!

Cmoke :D :D :D :D :D :D



maceo4 wrote:
Cmoke wrote:
Does anyone remember Mr Dosu?

Let's pray Uzoho turns out as great!

Cmoke :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

P.S

By the time Uzoho mans our post for our 3 upcoming friendlies and also completes intense world cup training camp, would you still call him inexperienced?

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Robotnik wrote:
You have summarized our situation with the goalies. This is not a good position for our SE to be in going into the world cup. It is now about picking the lowest risk keeper and living with the consequences of our choice and the outcome.


Nots it’s not about picking the lowest risk goalie, that kind of thinking doesn’t fit the into any plan. We find ourselves in this situation because of the unfortunate illness of Ikeme and not because of a lack of planning. Losing an undisputed first choice goalie is a tough hit to any team that hopes to reach its full potential. As a result we find ourselves in a situation where there’re only 2 options.

1, Are we picking a goalie that can take us as far as the team talent suggests?
If the plan is to get the bro the quarters and beyond, the only real option is Enyeama. He has the talent and experience but is match rusty. The Nff and Rohr will have to convince him to come back and Put him on a fast rack to fitness and readiness. The article suggests the Nff has left the door open.

2, Are we looking to the future?

In this case Uzoho is the only option. He has the talent but lacks the experience. Frankly, I can’t remember a teenager in goal past the first rd of the wc.

That’s it and that’s all.


For the World Cup of course that’s inexperienced. What are you guys talking about. No other serious World Cup team is taking a player who hasn’t had at least a season of first team action in a proper league, talk less of starting them. A few NT friendlies can’t suddenly make you experienced. If that’s what we have then that’s what we have but it’s disingenuous to say he would be an experienced GK.


He was definitely focused on getting Uzoho ready, and were the WC to start on March 1, Uzoho would be the starting goalie. But there's still some time to see if that's the best we could do. If I were to rate the 3 we currently have, I'd give Uzoho a slight edge over Ezenwa. Akpeyi aint in the conversation. I previously said Vinny can't be ready if he hasnt played in a year, but bros, right now, I'd say he should get a shot in a friendly. England friendly.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:47 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 8:41 am
Posts: 36571
we do make simple things complicated.

What does it cost to CHECK whether Enyeama got anything to offer in CAMP. Just assess whether he still got anything to contribute. If he is not fit you decamp him. If he creates 'trouble' in camp you decamp him. If he shows that he can still help the team, then you keep him.

Yes there are arguement about his fitness. The coach can check that and make a decision. If at the end of the day, rookie Uzoho still happen to be our best we stick with him. We should at least explore all options.

_________________
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 4:20 am
Posts: 664
Location: sydney
I like Uzoho very much and in 4 years time, we may have a dearth of keepers as Maduka Okoye and the other Nigerian kid coming through the ranks in Arsenal maybe playing regularly then, however this World Cup has come too soon for Uzoho. If Enyeama decides he is happy to return I think only a mad person would say no at this point. The friendliest showed that nerves maybe an issue and the World Cup does not allow for a person to settle in. The two early goals in both friendlies would cost us dearly in competition and i think people are missing that point. This World Cup will have VAR and both would have counted against us. We no choice if Enyeama does not come back but to use Uzoho however there is no argument or discussion if Enyeama puts his hand and asks to go. The rest is gibberish.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 7:48 pm
Posts: 21500
Give the young lad more friendly matches and a good coach he'll be good.

_________________
http://www.melangeGO.com/
A family oriented online fashion store. Offering high quality products at low cost.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:12 pm
Posts: 20562
mastermind wrote:
Give the young lad more friendly matches and a good coach he'll be good.


Nonsense.

_________________
Trump WILL never be the GOP nominee and no one will remember him once the campaign get serious...............Ekorian der gasbag(R)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:50 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 35348
Location: UK
ikemba_nacho wrote:
I like Uzoho very much and in 4 years time, we may have a dearth of keepers as Maduka Okoye and the other Nigerian kid coming through the ranks in Arsenal maybe playing regularly then, however this World Cup has come too soon for Uzoho. If Enyeama decides he is happy to return I think only a mad person would say no at this point. The friendliest showed that nerves maybe an issue and the World Cup does not allow for a person to settle in. The two early goals in both friendlies would cost us dearly in competition and i think people are missing that point. This World Cup will have VAR and both would have counted against us. We no choice if Enyeama does not come back but to use Uzoho however there is no argument or discussion if Enyeama puts his hand and asks to go. The rest is gibberish.
Dearth ke?
You mean abundance.
You are using 'dearth' in a way opposite to its actual meaning. :idea:

I agree with everything else you've said.

_________________
"Ole ni gbogbo won"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:22 pm
Posts: 42190
wanaj0 wrote:
we do make simple things complicated.

What does it cost to CHECK whether Enyeama got anything to offer in CAMP. Just assess whether he still got anything to contribute. If he is not fit you decamp him. If he creates 'trouble' in camp you decamp him. If he shows that he can still help the team, then you keep him.

Yes there are arguement about his fitness. The coach can check that and make a decision. If at the end of the day, rookie Uzoho still happen to be our best we stick with him. We should at least explore all options.



Please remember you are on CE and stop making sense.

_________________
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 1:54 pm
Posts: 12619
metalalloy wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
we do make simple things complicated.

What does it cost to CHECK whether Enyeama got anything to offer in CAMP. Just assess whether he still got anything to contribute. If he is not fit you decamp him. If he creates 'trouble' in camp you decamp him. If he shows that he can still help the team, then you keep him.

Yes there are arguement about his fitness. The coach can check that and make a decision. If at the end of the day, rookie Uzoho still happen to be our best we stick with him. We should at least explore all options.



Please remember you are on CE and stop making sense.


It's amazing to me how people cannot understand the very simple point Wanajo just made.

_________________
Image
NIGERIAN BADBOY!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 01bakana, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], maceo4, TonyTheTigerKiller and 27 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group