Goalkeeping situation

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Goalkeeping situation

Post by deanotito »

With the prospect of being clubless by the summer, there is absolutely no doubt that Enyeama would accept an invitation if offered. When he retired, he was dealing with completely different calculus with Lille. Things have changed, and he needs Nigeria as much as Nigeria needs him
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

maceo4 wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Damunk wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:This is the lastest as of November last yr.

http://www.pulse.ng/sports/football/vin ... 54252.html
Former Super Eagles captain Vincent Enyeama has revealed that he will only make a return to the team if he is 100% fit and in-form.
According to Complete Sports, Enyeama has assured Super Eagles boss Gernot Rohr of making a return to the team only when he is 100% fit and in-form.
“The former Super Eagles skipper has told Rohr to watch his recovery and invite him only if he is fit and good for a return.”
How more professional can one get? He's basically saying "I don't want a free lunch"
But Nigerians will bend it, twist it and turn it inside out.
Either some agent making noise for inclusion or the bobo is spinning you like a yarn. How can someone who's not played consistent first team football for close to a year be 100% fit. In any case, how about match fitness, if we want to differentiate the two?

Abeg Enyeama should not be talking through newspapers. We can't tell which is fake and which is not. He retired publicly. He also has a tweeter account. Write something. It's not too much for a whom nation to ask. This is cat and mouse game. Yes I'm available or no I'm not. SIMPLE
So once he tells you that, then you will send him an invite abi?
Abeg stop your noise. Why all this drama? As if Enyeama will be unveiled as a surprise inclusion. Presidents tweet. But we are all discussing Enyeama from third party hear say when the man himself can actually quench this unnecessary distractions. I remember people constantly recalling Okocha and Kanu after their retirement every time the SE was in a bit of bother.

Wouldn't it be ironic if everyone is clamoring for his call/inclusion but the man has no intention of coming back? Some say he is and others say he's not. I'm sure you know how we can actually arrive at what he intends to do.

The NFF have not mentioned Enyeama. That could mean as far as they are concerned, he's retired. It could also mean some groundwork is being done. Absent of information leads to lots of false information.

My take is simple. His retirement was very public. Why is his return becoming a Nollywood drama? Yes or no. What could be more simpler?
I asked a simple question, guess it exposed the stupidity in your request that's why you wrote an epistle...the public doesn't invite him, NFF (which Rohr is a part of) communicates with the players and sends invites. So diafore he only needs to tell the NFF whether he is ready to accept an invite or not...
I respected you by giving you a dignified response to a silly question. You're right it's stupid of me to do so. Let me give you my smart response then - You're a cvnt, so 4eck off, twat.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

deanotito wrote:With the prospect of being clubless by the summer, there is absolutely no doubt that Enyeama would accept an invitation if offered. When he retired, he was dealing with completely different calculus with Lille. Things have changed, and he needs Nigeria as much as Nigeria needs him
He has a contract till 2019, how will he be clubless by summer?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

pajimoh wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Damunk wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:This is the lastest as of November last yr.

Former Super Eagles captain Vincent Enyeama has revealed that he will only make a return to the team if he is 100% fit and in-form.
According to Complete Sports, Enyeama has assured Super Eagles boss Gernot Rohr of making a return to the team only when he is 100% fit and in-form.
“The former Super Eagles skipper has told Rohr to watch his recovery and invite him only if he is fit and good for a return.”
How more professional can one get? He's basically saying "I don't want a free lunch"
Either some agent making noise for inclusion or the bobo is spinning you like a yarn. How can someone who's not played consistent first team football for close to a year be 100% fit. In any case, how about match fitness, if we want to differentiate the two?

Abeg Enyeama should not be talking through newspapers. We can't tell which is fake and which is not. He retired publicly. He also has a tweeter account. Write something. It's not too much for a whom nation to ask. This is cat and mouse game. Yes I'm available or no I'm not. SIMPLE
Abeg stop your noise. Why all this drama? As if Enyeama will be unveiled as a surprise inclusion. Presidents tweet. But we are all discussing Enyeama from third party hear say when the man himself can actually quench this unnecessary distractions. I remember people constantly recalling Okocha and Kanu after their retirement every time the SE was in a bit of bother.

Wouldn't it be ironic if everyone is clamoring for his call/inclusion but the man has no intention of coming back? Some say he is and others say he's not. I'm sure you know how we can actually arrive at what he intends to do.

The NFF have not mentioned Enyeama. That could mean as far as they are concerned, he's retired. It could also mean some groundwork is being done. Absent of information leads to lots of false information.

My take is simple. His retirement was very public. Why is his return becoming a Nollywood drama? Yes or no. What could be more simpler?
I asked a simple question, guess it exposed the stupidity in your request that's why you wrote an epistle...the public doesn't invite him, NFF (which Rohr is a part of) communicates with the players and sends invites. So diafore he only needs to tell the NFF whether he is ready to accept an invite or not...
I respected you by giving you a dignified response to a silly question. You're right it's stupid of me to do so. Let me give you my smart response then - You're a cvnt, so 4eck off, twat.
Oga pajimoh no vex, but the truth is what you are saying is NOT how it works or even should work. You don't come out of retirement in public appearing like you are begging for a recall (which may not even come - Rohr in his last video interview seemed to shut the door on the idea sef), that would stink of desperation and no one with any dignity would do that. The conversation must initiate from the FA who would tell you they want you back and will be sending an invite, only after which you can announce your retirement is over and you will be or have accepted the invitation. That's how it worked recently for Messi who also retired publicly. The FA talked to him in private wooing him back, sent an invite, he accepted, and then announced to the world he would be coming back. Its just not a conversation for the public until the two parties involved (Player and FA) have reached an agreement. That's how I see it, again no vex.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Sigh.

Vincent has said NO to the NFF on more than one occasion. Pinnick went to see Vincent and he said NO then (granted this was prior to injury). Another attempt was made before the friendlies unofficially, he said NO.
That's twice already!

He should come out and say he wants to come back or else I don't think they'll be reaching out a third time (Cellular has alluded to that already happening, but we'll see.)
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

maceo4 wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Damunk wrote:This is the lastest as of November last yr.

Oga pajimoh no vex, but the truth is what you are saying is NOT how it works or even should work. You don't come out of retirement in public appearing like you are begging for a recall (which may not even come - Rohr in his last video interview seemed to shut the door on the idea sef), that would stink of desperation and no one with any dignity would do that. The conversation must initiate from the FA who would tell you they want you back and will be sending an invite, only after which you can announce your retirement is over and you will be or have accepted the invitation. That's how it worked recently for Messi who also retired publicly. The FA talked to him in private wooing him back, sent an invite, he accepted, and then announced to the world he would be coming back. Its just not a conversation for the public until the two parties involved (Player and FA) have reached an agreement. That's how I see it, again no vex.[/quote]

Sincere apologies for my outburst. That is my point. Enyeama is not going to decide I'm coming back and just waltz into the team. There would have been contact between him and the NFF. One of them would have to announce it. Messi did. But in our case, May is round the corner and WC starts in June but no word, not from the NFF and not from Vince. All we hear are pure speculations.
Most teams definitely know who their goalkeepers are and here we are with mixed signals. It is not the best.

Some are saying Vince has categorically rejected any overtures to bring him back and some are saying he's agreed to come back and some with conditions.
This is what happens when there's no information from the main participants.
MYMIND
Egg
Egg

Post by MYMIND »

He publicly announced his retirement; he should publicly announce he is now available again for consideration like Yaya did.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

MYMIND wrote:He publicly announced his retirement; he should publicly announce he is now available again for consideration like Yaya did.
Enyeama retired in October 2105. That is almost 3 years ago. There have been updates since then.
"Coach Rohr had a productive chat with Enyeama and made it clear that he should focus on getting fit and enjoy a playing run," team spokesperson Toyin Ibitoye told BBC Sport.

"Contrary to local media reports, the professional talks between both of them remains unchanged, there are conditions involved and as long as it's adhered to, Enyeama stands a World Cup chance."
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42295125
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Ugbowo wrote:When I said he was playing games with those videos, some ppl wan attack me. I see I'm not the only one who has picked up on it.

One day the truth of this Enyeama story will come out.

shakara oloje ni
Abeg, which game be dat, aside from football? :?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

MYMIND wrote:He publicly announced his retirement; he should publicly announce he is now available again for consideration like Yaya did.
As far as I know that public 'announcement' was circumstantial. It was in the immediate aftermath of the Oliseh fiasco and tempers were frayed.
Its not as if he called a press conference (as far as I know).

IF (and its essentially still an 'if') he returns or wants to, he does not have to make a public announcement until and unless he is invited by Rohr.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
MYMIND
Egg
Egg

Post by MYMIND »

Your deciding to make yourself available to your national team has nothing to do with the coach of the team. The decision to make yourself available for selection is yours and yours only and comes before you can be considered for selection. One precedes the other.

This is what kills Nigerians; ego especially where it has no place. Ibrahimovic just came out of retirement last night by the way. He publicly announced his retirement and now he has made himself available again.

Enyeama did publicly using social media etc declare his intention not be considered and his wish has been granted for three years. Fellow Nigerians do not obfuscate the truth to drive home your personal biases.

I actually wish he stays away because he will not expect to sit on the bench and will not want to. It is easy to create disharmony in the Nigerian camp...
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote:
As far as I know that public 'announcement' was circumstantial. It was in the immediate aftermath of the Oliseh fiasco and tempers were frayed.

IF (and its essentially still an 'if') he returns or wants to, he does not have to make a public announcement until and unless he is invited by Rohr.
Damunk,

IMHO, even if he publicly announced retirement it does not follow that he has to publicly announce unretiring. Why would he do so if he is unsure of being recalled by the coach? It makes no sense to make such public announcement IMHO. What makes sense is Enyeama sharing with Rohr, behind closed doors, his willingness to come out of retirement. If Rohr does not invite him, then he has no eggs on his face. If Rohr invites him, then he can publicly share with the press why he came back. This stuff about him coming to the public first has very little benefit for Vince.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

MYMIND wrote:Your deciding to make yourself available to your national team has nothing to do with the coach of the team. The decision to make yourself available for selection is yours and yours only and comes before you can be considered for selection. One precedes the other.

This is what kills Nigerians; ego especially where it has no place. Ibrahimovic just came out of retirement last night by the way. He publicly announced his retirement and now he has made himself available again.

Enyeama did publicly using social media etc declare his intention not be considered and his wish has been granted for three years. Fellow Nigerians do not obfuscate the truth to drive home your personal biases.

I actually wish he stays away because he will not expect to sit on the bench and will not want to. It is easy to create disharmony in the Nigerian camp...
And the fact that, as pointed out above, Rohr has been in discussions with him since he made his announcement nko?

He doesn't need to announce jack to you.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

MYMIND
Egg
Egg

Post by MYMIND »

metalalloy wrote:
MYMIND wrote:Your deciding to make yourself available to your national team has nothing to do with the coach of the team. The decision to make yourself available for selection is yours and yours only and comes before you can be considered for selection. One precedes the other.

And the fact that, as pointed out above, Rohr has been in discussions with him since he made his announcement nko?

He doesn't need to announce jack to you.
The word is announce to everybody and anybody that cares to listen; do not make it personal or take it personal.
Last edited by MYMIND on Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MYMIND
Egg
Egg

Post by MYMIND »

Enugu II wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Damunk,

IMHO, even if he publicly announced retirement it does not follow that he has to publicly announce unretiring. Why would he do so if he is unsure of being recalled by the coach? It makes no sense to make such public announcement IMHO. What makes sense is Enyeama sharing with Rohr, behind closed doors, his willingness to come out of retirement. If Rohr does not invite him, then he has no eggs on his face. If Rohr invites him, then he can publicly share with the press why he came back. This stuff about him coming to the public first has very little benefit for Vince.
Enugu,
any player coming out of retirement should be focused on making himself available for selection and let the remaining chips fall where they may. Women try to get pregnant everyday, not all succeed. An intent and the expectant result of your intention are mutually exclusive. If the simplest task which he had no problem doing when he walked away is suddenly a big deal, then, enjoying his holiday this summer with his family should not be a big deal also. Life's decisions are not always difficult.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Zlatan confirmed his retirement after speaking with the technical direction and was told that he was relevant to the team. that is exactly how it happens, has nothing to do with ego.

also this 6 page discussion is something else, is there no one here that is close to the guy that that confirm whether he is keen on playing or if there is any further discussions with the coach?

on sitting on the bench......if he is coming out of retirement to sit on the bench then he is not relevant and does not need to be called up.
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
MYMIND
Egg
Egg

Post by MYMIND »

Enyi wrote:Zlatan confirmed his retirement after speaking with the technical direction and was told that he was relevant to the team. that is exactly how it happens, has nothing to do with ego.

also this 6 page discussion is something else, is there no one here that is close to the guy that that confirm whether he is keen on playing or if there is any further discussions with the coach?

on sitting on the bench......if he is coming out of retirement to sit on the bench then he is not relevant and does not need to be called up.
Then it is best he stays away if believing he has earned (at the present time) a starting shirt before arriving camp.

Yaya Toure, Buffon, Messi, the list is endless.

Even Yobo, Emenike and Osaze formally announced retirement. This thing is not hard. Emenike has maintained that stance... If someone's Ego comes before country, then, keep your ego to yourself and keep moving forward. Let Nigeria win or lose with Uzoho & Ezenwa. Life goes on.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Again, he is in discussion with the ONLY relevant parties, as mentioned several times above. That is the only "announcement" required.

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Enyi wrote:Zlatan confirmed his retirement after speaking with the technical direction and was told that he was relevant to the team. that is exactly how it happens, has nothing to do with ego.

And Zlatan also confirmed he will be at the world cup on twitter and on Jimmy Kimmel

Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

I am truly shocked that you would make such a statement, EII. For ANYONE to do what you stated means that person has no respect or consideration for the people he is serving (in this case, the Nigerian fans).
Enyeama publicly announced he was retiring from National Service. If he now decides to change his mind, the respectful and courteous thing he ought to do is announce to the same public that he has reconsidered his earlier decision and is now making himself available to be called for national duty. ANYTHING short of this is wrong and would speak to his arrogance and utter disregard for the many fans he disappointed, when he unceremoniously decided to retire.
Enugu II wrote:...IMHO, even if he publicly announced retirement it does not follow that he has to publicly announce unretiring. Why would he do so if he is unsure of being recalled by the coach? .
MYMIND
Egg
Egg

Post by MYMIND »

Otitokoro wrote:I am truly shocked that you would make such a statement, EII. For ANYONE to do what you stated means that person has no respect or consideration for the people he is serving (in this case, the Nigerian fans).
Enyeama publicly announced he was retiring from National Service. If he now decides to change his mind, the respectful and courteous thing he ought to do is announce to the same public that he has reconsidered his earlier decision and is now making himself available to be called for national duty. ANYTHING short of this is wrong and would speak to his arrogance and utter disregard for the many fans he disappointed, when he unceremoniously decided to retire.
Enugu II wrote:...IMHO, even if he publicly announced retirement it does not follow that he has to publicly announce unretiring. Why would he do so if he is unsure of being recalled by the coach? .
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Otitokoro,

You may be shocked but that is how things work. I doubt that any PR professional would advice him to announce publicly a return from NT retirement without getting assurance that he would be recalled. That just should not happen. Any announcement must come after the assurance or else he would be walking into eggs being smashed on his face. People do have pride and an image to protect, as you well know.

Lets assume he does what you advice him to do. I can see him being ridiculed "Oh, the guy tink say I'm go go to World Cup via backdoor. No sir!! dem tell am who born am?" :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
No way would I advice my client (If I was his publicity or PR guy) to walk into an image-damaging trap. There has to be some assurance.

Otitokoro wrote:I am truly shocked that you would make such a statement, EII. For ANYONE to do what you stated means that person has no respect or consideration for the people he is serving (in this case, the Nigerian fans).
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

I don argue this thing tire. Announcement is not reading a note on TV. "I'm in great shape and raring to go should The Super Eagles need me. Go Super Eagles #Russia2018". Something like this on his tweeter account is public and puts the ball in NFF's court. Like I said, even presidents tweet but we've heard nothing from Vince, one way or another - yet millions of Nigerians are probably discussing this issue