Goalkeeping situation

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

MYMIND
Egg
Egg
Re: Goalkeeping situation

Post by MYMIND »

Enyi wrote:Zlatan confirmed his retirement after speaking with the technical direction and was told that he was relevant to the team. that is exactly how it happens, has nothing to do with ego.

also this 6 page discussion is something else, is there no one here that is close to the guy that that confirm whether he is keen on playing or if there is any further discussions with the coach?

on sitting on the bench......if he is coming out of retirement to sit on the bench then he is not relevant and does not need to be called up.
Come and eat your humble pie.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... rsson.html
01bakana
Egg
Egg

Post by 01bakana »

MYMIND wrote:All of you that said Ibrahimovic discussed with the coach of Sweden before expressing his interest to go to the World Cup publicly can now come back and eat their humble pie!

I repeat players are supposed to speak about their intention to return to a country's national team publicly and let the chips fall where they may.

Enyeama should not be a part of the team if he does not PUBLICLY express his interest. Besides, the way Nigerians behave these kind of returns affect team building morale. Landon Donovan did not go to the World Cup in 2014. Ibrahimovic is not going to the World Cup in 2018. This will not be the first or last time. Let us move forward and stop looking at the past for better or for worse.

Mymind, I struggle to understand the point you're trying to make with your post, if anything it seems to me your post supports those who don't want any public comments from VE at least not before sorting issues out with the technical team. Zlatan it seems went public before informing the manager of his intentions, you do the behind the scenes stuffs first and then go public not the other way round.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

01bakana wrote:
MYMIND wrote:All of you that said Ibrahimovic discussed with the coach of Sweden before expressing his interest to go to the World Cup publicly can now come back and eat their humble pie!

I repeat players are supposed to speak about their intention to return to a country's national team publicly and let the chips fall where they may.

Enyeama should not be a part of the team if he does not PUBLICLY express his interest. Besides, the way Nigerians behave these kind of returns affect team building morale. Landon Donovan did not go to the World Cup in 2014. Ibrahimovic is not going to the World Cup in 2018. This will not be the first or last time. Let us move forward and stop looking at the past for better or for worse.

Mymind, I struggle to understand the point you're trying to make with your post, if anything it seems to me your post supports those who don't want any public comments from VE at least not before sorting issues out with the technical team. Zlatan it seems went public before informing the manager of his intentions, you do the behind the scenes stuffs first and then go public not the other way round.
What this shows is this is what they want to happen to Vince, let him come out and say publicly that he wants back in, and then have Rohr shamefully shut him down and tell him he's not needed. That is what they want, they know that you plan things behind the scene THEN announce them publicly. Everyone knows this, but they want egg on Vince's face that's all.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

MYMIND,

Where is the manual where this edict on what players are "supposed to" reside? Each player is different with different personalities. However, I do know that a public relations counsel or advisor will not recommend going public in a situation like this without consulting backdoor first. The consequences can be dire if you go public first. The only situation where I think you can go public (first) is when the officials behind the scene do not want you and you then want them to answer to the public by forcing their hands. That is a strategy where you co-opt the media in getting your demand met. Samson Siasia uses this tactic, effectively ( :rotf: ).
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
MYMIND
Egg
Egg

Post by MYMIND »

Enugu II wrote:

MYMIND,

Where is the manual where this edict on what players are "supposed to" reside? Each player is different with different personalities. However, I do know that a public relations counsel or advisor will not recommend going public in a situation like this without consulting backdoor first. The consequences can be dire if you go public first. The only situation where I think you can go public (first) is when the officials behind the scene do not want you and you then want them to answer to the public by forcing their hands. That is a strategy where you co-opt the media in getting your demand met. Samson Siasia uses this tactic, effectively ( :rotf: ).
The same thing you advocate should apply when someone announces their retirement. Players should not swing both ways as it suits them on the same issue. The same way he left, he should follow if he wants to return. He just wants to make history at Nigeria's expense. First (and maybe last) Nigerian to attend and play in four (4) World Cups.
MYMIND
Egg
Egg

Post by MYMIND »

maceo4 wrote:
01bakana wrote:

What this shows is this is what they want to happen to Vince, let him come out and say publicly that he wants back in, and then have Rohr shamefully shut him down and tell him he's not needed. That is what they want, they know that you plan things behind the scene THEN announce them publicly. Everyone knows this, but they want egg on Vince's face that's all.
It was not shameful to Nigerians the way he announced his retirement? Spare me...
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

MYMIND wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

MYMIND,

The same thing you advocate should apply when someone announces their retirement. Players should not swing both ways as it suits them on the same issue. The same way he left, he should follow if he wants to return. He just wants to make history at Nigeria's expense. First (and maybe last) Nigerian to attend and play in four (4) World Cups.

Is there anything wrong in Enyeama wanting to go to his 4th World Cup? If he is fit and determined by Rohr to go, he should go. Records are a hallowed part of sports. They are made to be broken. That's part of the excitement of sports and football. I recall how the whole of Africa celebrated Roger Milla's 1990 World Cup exploits and how we all danced the makossa( he was 38). Other countries encourage and actually celebrate the outstanding athletes that are able to achieve such remarkable landmarks. Essam E-Hadary of Egypt at 45 is about to set an enviable record, yet, some unfortunately bigoted Nigerians feel Enyeama at 35 should not even go near the team. E tire me.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43613669
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

MYMIND wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
01bakana wrote:

It was not shameful to Nigerians the way he announced his retirement? Spare me...
KPOM, everyone can clearly see his angle and his agenda. Thanks for making it plain, and sorry Vince will not be announcing publicly what has NOT been decided privately.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

MYMIND wrote:
Enyi wrote:Zlatan confirmed his retirement after speaking with the technical direction and was told that he was relevant to the team. that is exactly how it happens, has nothing to do with ego.

also this 6 page discussion is something else, is there no one here that is close to the guy that that confirm whether he is keen on playing or if there is any further discussions with the coach?

on sitting on the bench......if he is coming out of retirement to sit on the bench then he is not relevant and does not need to be called up.
Come and eat your humble pie.

FYI, Zlatan is the one who refused to play for the national team at the WC.
http://svenskfotboll.se/landslag/herrar ... star-fast/
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Zlatan spoke with the coach and reiterated he was not interested in playing at the WC.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic has previously declined to play for the national team and he has not changed his mind.

“I talked with Zlatan last Tuesday. He told me that his stance hasn’t changed regarding the national team. It’s still a ‘no’” says Swedish National Team head Lars Richt.
So yes Zlatan spoke to the coach PRIVATELY and expressed that his retirement decision had not changed.

http://svenskfotboll.se/landslag/herrar ... star-fast/
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

MYMIND
Egg
Egg

Post by MYMIND »

Obviously one party is lying to save face and it should not be too hard to pick who. I watched him on a late night show and he gave clear hints about going to the WC.

Ibrahimovic was rejected; plain and simple. His EGO won't let him come to terms with the rejection.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

MYMIND wrote:Obviously one party is lying to save face and it should not be too hard to pick who. I watched him on a late night show and he gave clear hints about going to the WC.

Ibrahimovic was rejected; plain and simple. His EGO won't let him come to terms with the rejection.
So is this what you want in Enyeama's case? One side saying one thing other side saying another thing? Wouldn't it be better if they agree everything behind the scenes then come out as a united front?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

A journalist, Ufuoma Egbanumo wrote this yesterday on Ezenwa's performance for Enyima against Go Round FC
If Gernort Rohr is watching this Enyimba game, don't know how confident he will be with our keeper. First Ezenwa comes to punch a cross, misses it and Go Round score a legitimate goal that officials rule out for a non existent offside. Then minutes later, Ezenwa attempts to chip a Go Round with little pressure on him and almost gifts Go Round another goal.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

MYMIND wrote:Obviously one party is lying to save face and it should not be too hard to pick who. I watched him on a late night show and he gave clear hints about going to the WC.

Nobody is lying to save any face. You may have watched him, but i challenge you to please show one single quote from the interview where Zlatan said he was going to PLAY at the world up.
Ibrahimović initially answered vaguely, saying "I am going to the World Cup, yes." Kimmel then pried a bit further — "Will there be cleats on the bottoms of your shoes?"

"I just said I'm going to the World Cup,
" Ibrahimović replied. "If I say more, people will hang me, so I have to be careful what I say now."
http://www.businessinsider.com/zlatan-i ... ive-2018-4

I watched the same show, he did not "give hints", he came out and said he was going. Plain and simple. What he did not say was what capacity he was going! Kimmel tried to pry it out of him, and he refused to take the bait.

Anyone can go to the world cup as a fan, commentator, videographer etc! Zlatan is a showman simple and short. He was NEVER rejected, he refused to go back to play for Sweden, and the coach confirmed it. Why would a coach who rejected Zlatan come out and lie to the the world that he was rejected? How does that make sense to you? :lol:

You people always choose to "read between the lines" while ignoring the truth that stares you right in your face. :lol:

MYMIND
Egg
Egg

Post by MYMIND »

Metalloy as it pleases you. When an active footballer says "the World Cup will not be the same if he is not a part of it" and you want to convince yourself that he is talking like you and I that are not professional footballers? Please...

The same Ibrahimovic that had to be serenaded, cajoled and pleaded with to show up as a fan to the 2014 World Cup in Brazil briefly after he refused to do so after Sweden did not qualify. You have now convinced he wants to go to Russia as a fan in 2018. Enjoy your soup dish; I want no part of it.

Best,

MYMIND as always
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

MYMIND wrote:Metalloy as it pleases you. When an active footballer says "the World Cup will not be the same if he is not a part of it" and you want to convince yourself that he is talking like you and I that are not professional footballers? Please...

The same Ibrahimovic that had to be serenaded, cajoled and pleaded with to show up as a fan to the 2014 World Cup in Brazil briefly after he refused to do so after Sweden did not qualify. You have now convinced he wants to go to Russia as a fan in 2018. Enjoy your soup dish; I want no part of it.

Best,

MYMIND as always

Bros, He is the brand ambassador for Bethard, a swedish betting company. He has no interest in playing at the world cup. I'm sorry It doesn't fit your Enyeama narrative, but that is a fact.

Ps. This is what the Swedish coach said about the Ibrahimovic speculation was heating up:
Zlatan is very welcome to call me” if he wants to join the squad, Andersson added.
http://worldsoccertalk.com/2018/04/26/i ... eculation/

THAT my friend, is how "unretirment" is handled. And not some unilateral announcement by the player without consulting the coaching staff that you people are clamoring for.

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Enyeama is still a very good keeper. Decision to take him is up to the coach. I have no problems with him playing.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8