Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:56 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:31 pm
Posts: 5211
Location: Akwa Ibom. Lagos. Dallas.
Enyi wrote:
Zlatan confirmed his retirement after speaking with the technical direction and was told that he was relevant to the team. that is exactly how it happens, has nothing to do with ego.

also this 6 page discussion is something else, is there no one here that is close to the guy that that confirm whether he is keen on playing or if there is any further discussions with the coach?

on sitting on the bench......if he is coming out of retirement to sit on the bench then he is not relevant and does not need to be called up.


Enyi,
Vince is virtually back to the Super Eagles. Importantly, Rohr and the goalkeeper trainer, Pionetti, have been in communication with him. Certain things were discussed and certain preliminary agreements were made, but he has to earn his spot on the team like the other goalkeepers. Also, Vince has been in touch with several current players and has been up to date with on-goings in camp. Since last year, he has committed to Rohr and the team. What people have to realize is that the manner he left the team in 2015 had him, the NFF, and some other interested parties in bristles. So, the manner of his return has to be as seamless and non-controversial as possible. Major kudos go to Rohr, Pinnick, Enyeama, Mikel , the goalkeeper coach Pionetti, Alloy Agu, and several other Super Eagles.Even heavyweights like Senate President Bukola Saraki, former Governor Godswill Akpabio and current Governor Udom Emmanuel should also take credit because they wanted and impressed on Vince the need to return. The extra trainings and work done by Vince was in fulfillment of his vow to only return if he was 100% fit. Expect him to be on Rohr's list of 35 next month.


https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/r ... ors-uzoho/

By David Meshioye: Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr has stated that the goalkeeping slots in the World Cup squad are still up for grabs contrary to rumours doing the rounds that he may have made up his mind on the three goalkeepers for Russia 2018, Completesportsnigeria.com reports.

In a chat with Completesportsnigeria.com on Thursday, Super Eagles media officer Toyin Ibitoye disclosed that the former Gabon manager is leaving his options open in the goalkeeping areas of the team, adding that the likes of Vincent Enyeama, Francis Uzoho, Daniel Akpeyi, Dele Alampasu and Ikechukwu Ezenwa will have to fight for the three slots.

Enyeama, who is retired from international football, only recently recovered from a long-term injury and has been inactive for several months, while Akpeyi has not been impressive in his recent Super Eagles outings. Youngster Uzoho is no longer a part of the Deportivo La Coruna first-team squad despite impressing while standing in for injured senior keepers in LaLiga games.

“I can confidently tell you that Rohr has not made up his mind on his best three goalkeepers that will be going to the World Cup. He said Enyeama, Ezenwa, Uzoho and of course Akpeyi will have a chance to get the three slots allotted to the goalkeepers,” Ibitoye told CSN.

“He said he is leaving his options open in a bid to get the best from the goalkeepers. That is where the international friendly matches come in; Rohr will be looking at the players closely and those matches will play a huge role in determining who goes to the World Cup.”

Meanwhile, Ibitoye revealed further that Rohr is eagerly looking forward to goalkeeper trainer Enrico Pionetti’s report on his visit to Deportivo La Coruna goalkeeper, Francis Uzoho. The backroom staff is expected to brainstorm on Pionetti’s report before Nigeria’s friendly match against Poland.

_________________
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:22 pm
Posts: 44243
pajimoh wrote:
I don argue this thing tire. Announcement is not reading a note on TV. "I'm in great shape and raring to go should The Super Eagles need me. Go Super Eagles #Russia2018". Something like this on his tweeter account is public and puts the ball in NFF's court. Like I said, even presidents tweet but we've heard nothing from Vince, one way or another - yet millions of Nigerians are probably discussing this issue


The ball is already in NFF's court. Enyeama can not invite himself to camp. The coach set a criteria for his return. It is up to Rohr to see if he stands by that criteria.

_________________
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:22 pm
Posts: 44243
Obong wrote:
Enyi wrote:
Zlatan confirmed his retirement after speaking with the technical direction and was told that he was relevant to the team. that is exactly how it happens, has nothing to do with ego.

also this 6 page discussion is something else, is there no one here that is close to the guy that that confirm whether he is keen on playing or if there is any further discussions with the coach?

on sitting on the bench......if he is coming out of retirement to sit on the bench then he is not relevant and does not need to be called up.


Enyi,
Vince is virtually back to the Super Eagles. Importantly, Rohr and the goalkeeper trainer, Pionetti, have been in communication with him. Certain things were discussed and certain preliminary agreements were made, but he has to earn his spot on the team like the other goalkeepers. Also, Vince has been in touch with several current players and has been up to date with on-goings in camp. Since last year, he has committed to Rohr and the team. What people have to realize is that the manner he left the team in 2015 had him, the NFF, and some other interested parties in bristles. So, the manner of his return has to be as seamless and non-controversial as possible. Major kudos go to Rohr, Pinnick, Enyeama, Mikel , the goalkeeper coach Pionetti, Alloy Agu, and several other Super Eagles.Even heavyweights like Senate President Bukola Saraki, former Governor Godswill Akpabio and current Governor Udom Emmanuel should also take credit because they wanted and impressed on Vince the need to return. The extra trainings and work done by Vince was in fulfillment of his vow to only return if he was 100% fit. Expect him to be on Rohr's list of 35 next month.


https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/r ... ors-uzoho/

By David Meshioye: Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr has stated that the goalkeeping slots in the World Cup squad are still up for grabs contrary to rumours doing the rounds that he may have made up his mind on the three goalkeepers for Russia 2018, Completesportsnigeria.com reports.

In a chat with Completesportsnigeria.com on Thursday, Super Eagles media officer Toyin Ibitoye disclosed that the former Gabon manager is leaving his options open in the goalkeeping areas of the team, adding that the likes of Vincent Enyeama, Francis Uzoho, Daniel Akpeyi, Dele Alampasu and Ikechukwu Ezenwa will have to fight for the three slots.

Enyeama, who is retired from international football, only recently recovered from a long-term injury and has been inactive for several months, while Akpeyi has not been impressive in his recent Super Eagles outings. Youngster Uzoho is no longer a part of the Deportivo La Coruna first-team squad despite impressing while standing in for injured senior keepers in LaLiga games.

“I can confidently tell you that Rohr has not made up his mind on his best three goalkeepers that will be going to the World Cup. He said Enyeama, Ezenwa, Uzoho and of course Akpeyi will have a chance to get the three slots allotted to the goalkeepers,” Ibitoye told CSN.

“He said he is leaving his options open in a bid to get the best from the goalkeepers. That is where the international friendly matches come in; Rohr will be looking at the players closely and those matches will play a huge role in determining who goes to the World Cup.”

Meanwhile, Ibitoye revealed further that Rohr is eagerly looking forward to goalkeeper trainer Enrico Pionetti’s report on his visit to Deportivo La Coruna goalkeeper, Francis Uzoho. The backroom staff is expected to brainstorm on Pionetti’s report before Nigeria’s friendly match against Poland.


Some people wont like to read this :lol:

_________________
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:32 pm
Posts: 27919
metalalloy wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
I don argue this thing tire. Announcement is not reading a note on TV. "I'm in great shape and raring to go should The Super Eagles need me. Go Super Eagles #Russia2018". Something like this on his tweeter account is public and puts the ball in NFF's court. Like I said, even presidents tweet but we've heard nothing from Vince, one way or another - yet millions of Nigerians are probably discussing this issue


The ball is already in NFF's court. Enyeama can not invite himself to camp. The coach set a criteria for his return. It is up to Rohr to see if he stands by that criteria.

Bro how can the ball be in the NFF's court? He told them he's retired. As he informed them he's out of retirement?
You can't consider someone who is retired for duty. Please stop basing your point on newspaper articles. They all write different things

_________________
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 4:04 pm
Posts: 485
pajimoh wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
I don argue this thing tire. Announcement is not reading a note on TV. "I'm in great shape and raring to go should The Super Eagles need me. Go Super Eagles #Russia2018". Something like this on his tweeter account is public and puts the ball in NFF's court. Like I said, even presidents tweet but we've heard nothing from Vince, one way or another - yet millions of Nigerians are probably discussing this issue


The ball is already in NFF's court. Enyeama can not invite himself to camp. The coach set a criteria for his return. It is up to Rohr to see if he stands by that criteria.

Bro how can the ball be in the NFF's court? He told them he's retired. As he informed them he's out of retirement?
You can't consider someone who is retired for duty. Please stop basing your point on newspaper articles. They all write different things


:agree:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:22 pm
Posts: 44243
pajimoh wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
I don argue this thing tire. Announcement is not reading a note on TV. "I'm in great shape and raring to go should The Super Eagles need me. Go Super Eagles #Russia2018". Something like this on his tweeter account is public and puts the ball in NFF's court. Like I said, even presidents tweet but we've heard nothing from Vince, one way or another - yet millions of Nigerians are probably discussing this issue


The ball is already in NFF's court. Enyeama can not invite himself to camp. The coach set a criteria for his return. It is up to Rohr to see if he stands by that criteria.

Bro how can the ball be in the NFF's court? He told them he's retired. As he informed them he's out of retirement?
You can't consider someone who is retired for duty. Please stop basing your point on newspaper articles. They all write different things


Bros, we dont have to rely on newspaper articles. This is from the horse's mouth. This interview is from 2 years after Enyeama's retirement. Not once did Rohr mention "retirement" that people keep on harping on as an impediment to him rejoining the team, rather, its his fitness and lack of playing time.



The only question (IMO) is whether Rohr/NFF will take a gamble and relax his own requirements based off his fears of how terrible his current goalkeepers in camp are. Enyeama must do everything in his power to get ANY type of competitive games that he can, second team, reserves etc, to show he is playing at some level. Otherwise, it will be a tough sell for him to justify a spot.

_________________
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 16404
Location: Super Eagles Homeland

_________________
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:46 pm
Posts: 55782
Enugu II wrote:


Flying eagle?

_________________
Winners do it the right way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kimbo5c0Ak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMAchpi46lA


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 10:23 pm
Posts: 5181
:D :D :D
New Goalkeeper ranking
Enyeama
Uzoho
Okonkwo

Standby
Ezenwa
Dele - Nigeria, not Israel
Dele Alampasu

Not invited
Good-bye Akpeyi

Enugu II wrote:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:46 pm
Posts: 55782
1. Enyeama
2. Ikeme(get well soon)
3. Ezenwa
4. Uzoho
5. Alampasu
6. Okoye
7. Okonkwo

_________________
Winners do it the right way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kimbo5c0Ak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMAchpi46lA


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:17 pm
Posts: 646
Enyeama is playing for Lille reserves a D3 team. The highlights are on his twitter page. What is the difference between a healthy (recovered from injury) experienced goalie in D3 in France and a healthy inexperienced but taller goalie in the D3 in Spain?

Are we all missing something?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:17 pm
Posts: 646
Enyeama has met all conditions stipulated.

A: Beat injury.
B: Transfer in the open window. Impossible as he did not have full medical clearance from injury.
C: Play in the reserves.

Musa (Before his transfer) and Iheanacho were granted the same package and that is without injury.


We all can keep typing till we age but in the final analysis its going to be (In no particular order)

EEU or Ezenwa, Enyeama and Uzoho :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:46 pm
Posts: 55782
nzeogwu wrote:
Enyeama is playing for Lille reserves a D3 team. The highlights are on his twitter page. What is the difference between a healthy (recovered from injury) experienced goalie in D3 in France and a healthy inexperienced but taller goalie in the D3 in Spain?

Are we all missing something?



Uzoho plays in the 2nd division.

_________________
Winners do it the right way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kimbo5c0Ak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMAchpi46lA


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:12 pm
Posts: 22281
ohenhen1 wrote:
nzeogwu wrote:
Enyeama is playing for Lille reserves a D3 team. The highlights are on his twitter page. What is the difference between a healthy (recovered from injury) experienced goalie in D3 in France and a healthy inexperienced but taller goalie in the D3 in Spain?

Are we all missing something?



Uzoho plays in the 2nd division.


Uzoho plays in D3.

_________________
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 15228
Rohr says uzoho life is his No 1

https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/r ... si-others/

Hmmmm..... :thumb:

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 35901
Location: Land of the Terrapins
Up Uzoho :thumbs: :thumbs:

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 2:33 pm
Posts: 7277
Obong wrote:
Enyi wrote:
Zlatan confirmed his retirement after speaking with the technical direction and was told that he was relevant to the team. that is exactly how it happens, has nothing to do with ego.

also this 6 page discussion is something else, is there no one here that is close to the guy that that confirm whether he is keen on playing or if there is any further discussions with the coach?

on sitting on the bench......if he is coming out of retirement to sit on the bench then he is not relevant and does not need to be called up.


Enyi,
Vince is virtually back to the Super Eagles. Importantly, Rohr and the goalkeeper trainer, Pionetti, have been in communication with him. Certain things were discussed and certain preliminary agreements were made, but he has to earn his spot on the team like the other goalkeepers. Also, Vince has been in touch with several current players and has been up to date with on-goings in camp. Since last year, he has committed to Rohr and the team. What people have to realize is that the manner he left the team in 2015 had him, the NFF, and some other interested parties in bristles. So, the manner of his return has to be as seamless and non-controversial as possible. Major kudos go to Rohr, Pinnick, Enyeama, Mikel , the goalkeeper coach Pionetti, Alloy Agu, and several other Super Eagles.Even heavyweights like Senate President Bukola Saraki, former Governor Godswill Akpabio and current Governor Udom Emmanuel should also take credit because they wanted and impressed on Vince the need to return. The extra trainings and work done by Vince was in fulfillment of his vow to only return if he was 100% fit. Expect him to be on Rohr's list of 35 next month.

This worries me. Are we back to the era where politicians decide what's best for the National team? I hope Rohr will stand strong and do what he wants to do, and if that includes bringing back Vince, then so be it. These politicians will deny him should anything go wrong. Na their way be that.

_________________
To stop trying is to start dying
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:16 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 36343
Location: UK
Shownoja wrote:
Obong wrote:
Enyi wrote:
Zlatan confirmed his retirement after speaking with the technical direction and was told that he was relevant to the team. that is exactly how it happens, has nothing to do with ego.

also this 6 page discussion is something else, is there no one here that is close to the guy that that confirm whether he is keen on playing or if there is any further discussions with the coach?

on sitting on the bench......if he is coming out of retirement to sit on the bench then he is not relevant and does not need to be called up.


Enyi,
Vince is virtually back to the Super Eagles. Importantly, Rohr and the goalkeeper trainer, Pionetti, have been in communication with him. Certain things were discussed and certain preliminary agreements were made, but he has to earn his spot on the team like the other goalkeepers. Also, Vince has been in touch with several current players and has been up to date with on-goings in camp. Since last year, he has committed to Rohr and the team. What people have to realize is that the manner he left the team in 2015 had him, the NFF, and some other interested parties in bristles. So, the manner of his return has to be as seamless and non-controversial as possible. Major kudos go to Rohr, Pinnick, Enyeama, Mikel , the goalkeeper coach Pionetti, Alloy Agu, and several other Super Eagles.Even heavyweights like Senate President Bukola Saraki, former Governor Godswill Akpabio and current Governor Udom Emmanuel should also take credit because they wanted and impressed on Vince the need to return. The extra trainings and work done by Vince was in fulfillment of his vow to only return if he was 100% fit. Expect him to be on Rohr's list of 35 next month.

This worries me. Are we back to the era where politicians decide what's best for the National team? I hope Rohr will stand strong and do what he wants to do, and if that includes bringing back Vince, then so be it. These politicians will deny him should anything go wrong. Na their way be that.
"Decide" say weytin?
They are helping him change his mind and make himself available for consideration.
That is very, very different from "deciding" who plays for the national team.

Its like saying Iwobi's dad or Aina's dad "decided" their sons would be best for the SE and imposed them on the nation.
I doubt such discussions would be held without Rohr's knowledge or approval. :idea:

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:22 pm
Posts: 44243
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Rohr says uzoho life is his No 1

https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/r ... si-others/

Hmmmm..... :thumb:



Thankfully some of us can read. He said no such thing.

_________________
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:31 pm
Posts: 5211
Location: Akwa Ibom. Lagos. Dallas.
Damunk wrote:
Shownoja wrote:
Obong wrote:
Enyi wrote:
Zlatan confirmed his retirement after speaking with the technical direction and was told that he was relevant to the team. that is exactly how it happens, has nothing to do with ego.

also this 6 page discussion is something else, is there no one here that is close to the guy that that confirm whether he is keen on playing or if there is any further discussions with the coach?

on sitting on the bench......if he is coming out of retirement to sit on the bench then he is not relevant and does not need to be called up.


Enyi,
Vince is virtually back to the Super Eagles. Importantly, Rohr and the goalkeeper trainer, Pionetti, have been in communication with him. Certain things were discussed and certain preliminary agreements were made, but he has to earn his spot on the team like the other goalkeepers. Also, Vince has been in touch with several current players and has been up to date with on-goings in camp. Since last year, he has committed to Rohr and the team. What people have to realize is that the manner he left the team in 2015 had him, the NFF, and some other interested parties in bristles. So, the manner of his return has to be as seamless and non-controversial as possible. Major kudos go to Rohr, Pinnick, Enyeama, Mikel , the goalkeeper coach Pionetti, Alloy Agu, and several other Super Eagles.Even heavyweights like Senate President Bukola Saraki, former Governor Godswill Akpabio and current Governor Udom Emmanuel should also take credit because they wanted and impressed on Vince the need to return. The extra trainings and work done by Vince was in fulfillment of his vow to only return if he was 100% fit. Expect him to be on Rohr's list of 35 next month.

This worries me. Are we back to the era where politicians decide what's best for the National team? I hope Rohr will stand strong and do what he wants to do, and if that includes bringing back Vince, then so be it. These politicians will deny him should anything go wrong. Na their way be that.
"Decide" say weytin?
They are helping him change his mind and make himself available for consideration.
That is very, very different from "deciding" who plays for the national team.

Its like saying Iwobi's dad or Aina's dad "decided" their sons would be best for the SE and imposed them on the nation.
I doubt such discussions would be held without Rohr's knowledge or approval. :idea:


Damunk, Thanks for the apt clarification. Many forget that these politicians are also avid football fans and follow clubsides and the national team as well as Cybereagles posters.For example,former Governor and Minister Babatunde Fashola is well known for his football skills and he played for the Birch Freeman High School, Surulere.He can still work some football magic even today. Saraki is a well known football fan. I won't even bother to mention Akpabio and Udom since they are both from Akwa Ibom like Enyeama.

_________________
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:26 am
Posts: 4903
Location: Oke Langbodo
Obong wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Shownoja wrote:
Obong wrote:
Enyi wrote:
Zlatan confirmed his retirement after speaking with the technical direction and was told that he was relevant to the team. that is exactly how it happens, has nothing to do with ego.

also this 6 page discussion is something else, is there no one here that is close to the guy that that confirm whether he is keen on playing or if there is any further discussions with the coach?

on sitting on the bench......if he is coming out of retirement to sit on the bench then he is not relevant and does not need to be called up.


Enyi,
Vince is virtually back to the Super Eagles. Importantly, Rohr and the goalkeeper trainer, Pionetti, have been in communication with him. Certain things were discussed and certain preliminary agreements were made, but he has to earn his spot on the team like the other goalkeepers. Also, Vince has been in touch with several current players and has been up to date with on-goings in camp. Since last year, he has committed to Rohr and the team. What people have to realize is that the manner he left the team in 2015 had him, the NFF, and some other interested parties in bristles. So, the manner of his return has to be as seamless and non-controversial as possible. Major kudos go to Rohr, Pinnick, Enyeama, Mikel , the goalkeeper coach Pionetti, Alloy Agu, and several other Super Eagles.Even heavyweights like Senate President Bukola Saraki, former Governor Godswill Akpabio and current Governor Udom Emmanuel should also take credit because they wanted and impressed on Vince the need to return. The extra trainings and work done by Vince was in fulfillment of his vow to only return if he was 100% fit. Expect him to be on Rohr's list of 35 next month.

This worries me. Are we back to the era where politicians decide what's best for the National team? I hope Rohr will stand strong and do what he wants to do, and if that includes bringing back Vince, then so be it. These politicians will deny him should anything go wrong. Na their way be that.
"Decide" say weytin?
They are helping him change his mind and make himself available for consideration.
That is very, very different from "deciding" who plays for the national team.

Its like saying Iwobi's dad or Aina's dad "decided" their sons would be best for the SE and imposed them on the nation.
I doubt such discussions would be held without Rohr's knowledge or approval. :idea:


Damunk, Thanks for the apt clarification. Many forget that these politicians are also avid football fans and follow clubsides and the national team as well as Cybereagles posters.For example,former Governor and Minister Babatunde Fashola is well known for his football skills and he played for the Birch Freeman High School, Surulere.He can still work some football magic even today. Saraki is a well known football fan. I won't even bother to mention Akpabio and Udom since they are both from Akwa Ibom like Enyeama.

No wonder Birch Freeman never won anything :tic: :sneaky:

_________________
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:20 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:07 am
Posts: 40615
Kako wrote:
Obong wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Shownoja wrote:
Obong wrote:
Enyi wrote:
Zlatan confirmed his retirement after speaking with the technical direction and was told that he was relevant to the team. that is exactly how it happens, has nothing to do with ego.

also this 6 page discussion is something else, is there no one here that is close to the guy that that confirm whether he is keen on playing or if there is any further discussions with the coach?

on sitting on the bench......if he is coming out of retirement to sit on the bench then he is not relevant and does not need to be called up.


Enyi,
Vince is virtually back to the Super Eagles. Importantly, Rohr and the goalkeeper trainer, Pionetti, have been in communication with him. Certain things were discussed and certain preliminary agreements were made, but he has to earn his spot on the team like the other goalkeepers. Also, Vince has been in touch with several current players and has been up to date with on-goings in camp. Since last year, he has committed to Rohr and the team. What people have to realize is that the manner he left the team in 2015 had him, the NFF, and some other interested parties in bristles. So, the manner of his return has to be as seamless and non-controversial as possible. Major kudos go to Rohr, Pinnick, Enyeama, Mikel , the goalkeeper coach Pionetti, Alloy Agu, and several other Super Eagles.Even heavyweights like Senate President Bukola Saraki, former Governor Godswill Akpabio and current Governor Udom Emmanuel should also take credit because they wanted and impressed on Vince the need to return. The extra trainings and work done by Vince was in fulfillment of his vow to only return if he was 100% fit. Expect him to be on Rohr's list of 35 next month.

This worries me. Are we back to the era where politicians decide what's best for the National team? I hope Rohr will stand strong and do what he wants to do, and if that includes bringing back Vince, then so be it. These politicians will deny him should anything go wrong. Na their way be that.
"Decide" say weytin?
They are helping him change his mind and make himself available for consideration.
That is very, very different from "deciding" who plays for the national team.

Its like saying Iwobi's dad or Aina's dad "decided" their sons would be best for the SE and imposed them on the nation.
I doubt such discussions would be held without Rohr's knowledge or approval. :idea:


Damunk, Thanks for the apt clarification. Many forget that these politicians are also avid football fans and follow clubsides and the national team as well as Cybereagles posters.For example,former Governor and Minister Babatunde Fashola is well known for his football skills and he played for the Birch Freeman High School, Surulere.He can still work some football magic even today. Saraki is a well known football fan. I won't even bother to mention Akpabio and Udom since they are both from Akwa Ibom like Enyeama.

No wonder Birch Freeman never won anything :tic: :sneaky:

That is low meen...very low :mad: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
Image
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 4:04 pm
Posts: 485
All of you that said Ibrahimovic discussed with the coach of Sweden before expressing his interest to go to the World Cup publicly can now come back and eat their humble pie!

I repeat players are supposed to speak about their intention to return to a country's national team publicly and let the chips fall where they may.

Enyeama should not be a part of the team if he does not PUBLICLY express his interest. Besides, the way Nigerians behave these kind of returns affect team building morale. Landon Donovan did not go to the World Cup in 2014. Ibrahimovic is not going to the World Cup in 2018. This will not be the first or last time. Let us move forward and stop looking at the past for better or for worse.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... rsson.html


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], greg, Majestic-12 [Bot] and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group