CL, Juve 0 vs 3 Real and Sevilla 1 vs 2 Bayern

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

charlie
Egg
Egg
Re: CL, Juve 0 vs 2 Real and Sevilla 1 vs 2 Bayern

Post by charlie »

pajimoh wrote:Typical, if you have no response, mention trophy. You're the one making excuses. Spurs best Real Madrid. Anything else you're just being a cvnt.

Trophy or no trophy Real lost. They might win the cup and I pray they do but the boys who put in the shift to beat them should be acknowledged.
I'm sure you won't be talking crap if Nigeria beat Germany or Brazil in the WC just because they are perennial wc winners. Mshheew go sidon for gutter
Blah blah blah. All noise and flatulence.
Again, when Spurs have proven they can win a UCL knock out game that counts, wake me up. Till then, feel free to yap away like the chiwawa Spurs is when it comes to UEFA football.

Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: CL, Juve 0 vs 3 Real and Sevilla 1 vs 2 Bayern

Post by balo »

metalalloy wrote:Cuadrado paa.. run forget ball.

Honestly, I am not surprised. Sky is blue.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

charlie wrote:
pajimoh wrote:Typical, if you have no response, mention trophy. You're the one making excuses. Spurs best Real Madrid. Anything else you're just being a cvnt.

Trophy or no trophy Real lost. They might win the cup and I pray they do but the boys who put in the shift to beat them should be acknowledged.
I'm sure you won't be talking crap if Nigeria beat Germany or Brazil in the WC just because they are perennial wc winners. Mshheew go sidon for gutter
Blah blah blah. All noise and flatulence.
Again, when Spurs have proven they can win a UCL knock out game that counts, wake me up. Till then, feel free to yap away like the chiwawa Spurs is when it comes to UEFA football.

Oh sheeit :shock: Why didn't you tell me your eyes turn red. Sorry mate, you're right. I take it all back. :arrow:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

kajifu wrote:
charlie wrote:
kajifu wrote:
mcal wrote:
charlie wrote:
mcal wrote:...killer club killing them at home, this is humiliating. But 2nd leg dey come.
2nd leg kee?

Bros, this tie is over.
...I think they said Ramos, Madrid captain is out for 2nd leg. Who knows, shiit can happen, but I doubt they will throw this away at home.
You just never know,same Madrid Spurs make to look ordinary.2-0 is not over
You see that is your problem Kajifu.
How can you bring Spurs into a conversation concerning Madrid when we are talking about Knockout UEFA football?

They couldnt even get past the team that is getting comprehensively demolished at home, and you are bringing Spurs up and expect to be taken seriously??
Bro you know am a beloved fan Arsenal till are die.I don't like Spurs but they outplayed Real home and away and the results could have been worst.Spurs would have put in better fight than this Juve.Just because Juve knock them 2-1 does not mean they cant beat Real.
When they played earlier in the season. Madrid had already practically qualified, and where in a slump in their league form. CR7 had scored only 4 goals all season to that point.

Since then, Madrid has rounded into form. CR7 has scored 20 goals in their last 12 games. You saw what they just did to Juve. I like Spurs, they are up and coming. Maybe one to watch next season. But to use that match they won against Madrid earlier in the season as a barometer of how they might perform today is like comparing trying to compare an up and coming sprinter that beat Usain bolt in a regional heat, to how they might fare in the Olympics 100meters finals. Its a pointless exercise taken out of context, especially considering it is not going to happen!
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

charlie wrote:
kajifu wrote:
charlie wrote:
kajifu wrote:
mcal wrote:
charlie wrote:
mcal wrote:...killer club killing them at home, this is humiliating. But 2nd leg dey come.
2nd leg kee?

Bros, this tie is over.
...I think they said Ramos, Madrid captain is out for 2nd leg. Who knows, shiit can happen, but I doubt they will throw this away at home.
How can you bring Spurs into a conversation concerning Madrid when we are talking about Knockout UEFA football?

They couldnt even get past the team that is getting comprehensively demolished at home, and you are bringing Spurs up and expect to be taken seriously??
Bro you know am a beloved fan Arsenal till are die.I don't like Spurs but they outplayed Real home and away and the results could have been worst.Spurs would have put in better fight than this Juve.Just because Juve knock them 2-1 does not mean they cant beat Real.
When they played earlier in the season. Madrid had already practically qualified, and where in a slump in their league form. CR7 had scored only 4 goals all season to that point.

Since then, Madrid has rounded into form. CR7 has scored 20 goals in their last 12 games. You saw what they just did to Juve. I like Spurs, they are up and coming. Maybe one to watch next season. But to use that match they won against Madrid earlier in the season as a barometer of how they might perform today is like comparing trying to compare an up and coming sprinter that beat Usain bolt in a regional heat, to how they might fare in the Olympics 100meters finals. Its a pointless exercise taken out of context, especially considering it is not going to happen!
Chief. Madrid drew at home and lost against us. Their form is their problem. You can only play the team in front of you. I'm sure Juve can also talk about form or some other excuse.

Even Madrid are not making any excuse for their defeat against Spurs. RM were unbeaten in some 20 games or so in the CL and ZZ was under pressure to get some good result, So talking as if they purposely lost is wrong. Besides, every team want to top their group in the CL. RM lost - simple
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

One has to be either naive or stupid to think too much of a team's form in the group stage.

As Mourinho aptly put it, you don't win the CL in February, much less in September...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

I see another trophy for Spurs. A shiny “we beat R.Madrid” Trophy. :sneaky:

Charlie you better recognize!
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

txj wrote:One has to be either naive or stupid to think too much of a team's form in the group stage.

As Mourinho aptly put it, you don't win the CL in February, much less in September...
Geez :rotf: :rotf: You're surely a loserf00l fan :rotf:
Where did anyone mention winning the CL in February?
You might not win it in Feb but you can be knocked out in the group stage.

Get it through your too know skull. Real lost to Spurs. If Spurs had lost, as many were expecting when the draw was made, we won't be having this conversation
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Seeing Juventus get beat up like a common criminal is almost as good as seeing those bush villagers from Cameroon get beat up like Naija did to them last year. Thank you CRon et all. Now go on to thrash either Man shitty and Liverfool on your way to your 11th UCL trophy. :thumb:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

:D :taunt:
Congrats to my man Zidane. I knew he would come correct when it counts in the CL. :thumbs: Coachito wey you? Don't be shy, come out let us go and shaak nkwu enu to celebrate: I will buy three big jars of tombo, you can buy zero. :thumbs: :rotf:

Congrats to my man Ronaldo. My pikin no go let me rest, telling me that Ronaldo is the real GOAT, and Pele played in the prehistoric era. Watching "fake" Ronaldo play today, I fit gree small--for today. :D
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Ronaldo is definitely the best pure goal scorer I have ever seen. Wow!!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

airwolex wrote:Ronaldo is definitely the best pure goal scorer I have ever seen. Wow!!
Ronaldo is extremely talented, but the guy is one of the hardest workers in the game, on and off the field.

Wha choo looking at?!
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

ohsee wrote::D :taunt:
Congrats to my man Zidane. I knew he would come correct when it counts in the CL. :thumbs: Coachito wey you? Don't be shy, come out let us go and shaak nkwu enu to celebrate: I will buy three big jars of tombo, you can buy zero. :thumbs: :rotf:

Congrats to my man Ronaldo. My pikin no go let me rest, telling me that Ronaldo is the real GOAT, and Pele played in the prehistoric era. Watching "fake" Ronaldo play today, I fit gree small--for today. :D
Hmmm uncle haba,agree small?Fake Ronaldo is good but GOAT?Chai no do come pay fine for village oooh.
But I respect his hard work sha
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
airwolex wrote:Ronaldo is definitely the best pure goal scorer I have ever seen. Wow!!
Ronaldo is extremely talented, but the guy is one of the hardest workers in the game, on and off the field.
The combination is lethal. :thumbs:
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

charlie wrote:
kajifu wrote:
charlie wrote:
kajifu wrote:
mcal wrote:
charlie wrote:
2nd leg kee?

Bros, this tie is over.

Bro go back and read my first post,i say in this big games its never over as I have seen Spurs make Madrid look ordinary in 2 leg no be one off game.Also Madrid had not even guarantee knock out,they were to beat Dortmund,they were fighting for second spot.My point was that Juve can win the return leg if things go their way.No one give spurs a chance in that group it was Dortmund and Real before they surprise them at Madrid and disgrace them in London.
I am not saying Spurs will beat them today on current form but I will not bet that they cant beat Real again.
Any well lets move on and hope tomorrow games will be entertaining like today
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

kajifu wrote:

Hmmm uncle haba,agree small?Fake Ronaldo is good but GOAT?Chai no do come pay fine for village oooh.
But I respect his hard work sha
:D Oga kajifu, did you not hear me say it is for today, and only for today? What do you want me to do, my son was shouting in my ear over the phone when Ronaldo scored that overhead goal. :D I had to humour him. Ronaldo wetin? Tomorrow, I will go back to shrining Pele, and promoting his obvious GOAThood. :thumbs:

Biko nu, where is Coachito? Tell him I will finish that three jars of tombo if he does not come quick because this game is sweeting me too much o. :thumbs: The best will come tomorrow if Liverpool skatta City (sorry spastic, but Peperempe is becoming too arrogant) but I doubt that it will happen.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

platinum wrote:
Rawlings wrote:
platinum wrote:Kovacic! Smacks bar.
Real are going to take some beating in this tournament
Man City go use them eat akara
We go see. Mek City beat Liverpool first if dem fit
Easy game

Liverpool 1-3 Man City
Man City 3-0 Liverpool
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Rawlings wrote:
platinum wrote:
Rawlings wrote:
platinum wrote:Kovacic! Smacks bar.
Real are going to take some beating in this tournament
Man City go use them eat akara
We go see. Mek City beat Liverpool first if dem fit
Easy game

Liverpool 1-3 Man City
Man City 3-0 Liverpool
Okay, I go bring back this thread.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

txj wrote:One has to be either naive or stupid to think too much of a team's form in the group stage.

Then I'm both naive and stupid. Yes the champs league is not won in February, but if you don't make it out of the group, you don't get to play to win it in May.

Spurs beat Real. End of!!!
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
Yup. He's is a perfect example of nature and nurture combined.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

He should have scored a hattrick!
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

That does not make Ronaldo better.

It is a bit disingenuous in the way we compare these players. Lets face it, as in ALL FIELDS on this planet, the current generation have benefited from the past generation.

Without the likes of Cruyff, Maradona, Pele etc. or even more recent examples such as Zidane or Ronaldo Lima, it is very very very very very very unlikely that the likes of Cristiano and Messi would be as good as they are. Without the improvements in modern nutrition, analytics, sportswear, conditioning, facilities and even financial incentives, it is very very very very very very very unlikely that Cristiano and Messi would be as good as they are. The only argument that can be made in the reverse direction, is how distant Ronaldo and Messi appear out of the pack, but that is hardly something new. Pele was a standout player in his own time, and let me remind you that many awards in those days were exclusive! Such as the Ballon d'Or.

The likes of Pele, Garincha etc. played at a time when the ball was not aerodynamic, it was heavy it was harder to control, the quality of the pitches were worse, the strikers did not have the benefit of the doubt that Messi enjoys. These people were also more likely to come from poverty! Absolute poverty has decreased in the world! Even the wealthiest were not exposed to the type of nutrition we have today and obviously not the science and tech!

You cannot judge players from different eras based on like for like statistics in any field. Especially when many of the movements and qualities that led to the contemporary end product was INHERITED from the past footballers! Imagine a situation whereby we treated football like peer reviewed science or R&D, how many patents would Messi have relative to past footballers. That raises a new can of worms; the comparison between the phase of newfound discovery versus the phase of refinement, but nonetheless we know how much the past means to contemporary success.

Instead the only way we can truly compare players between generations is to judge how much they revolutionize the game (relative to their environment), and how much they stand apart from others. Let it be known that I am not suggesting that the past players were better (although from my write up it may appear that I am leaning in that way), the only thing I am suggesting is that 95% of comparisons between the inter generational players are flawed!

I do not think most people even know where to begin. I have certainly hinted at a few things, but even then I am only scratching the surface.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

The game is on Fox Deportes now.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg