Is this why Pep ofloaded Kele?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gadfly
Egg
Egg
Is this why Pep ofloaded Kele?

Post by Gadfly »

“There are many things – but Pep showed me completely new spaces in the field. I improved a lot. He cares about your first touch a lot and that you know what to do even before you get the ball. You have to know where your team-mates are, so he wants you to screen the whole field. Pep would talk to you immediately if he recognised something."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... CFTBEML853
Rawlings
Egg
Egg
Re: Is this why Pep ofloaded Kele?

Post by Rawlings »

Kele was a "Tap in Striker" aka "Monkey dey work baboon dey chop striker" aka "Right-Place-Right-Time Striker"

Pep likes complete players
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Rawlings wrote:Kele was a "Tap in Striker" aka "Monkey dey work baboon dey chop striker" aka "Right-Place-Right-Time Striker"

So have you bought your tickets for Russia yet?
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Gadfly wrote:“There are many things – but Pep showed me completely new spaces in the field. I improved a lot. He cares about your first touch a lot and that you know what to do even before you get the ball. You have to know where your team-mates are, so he wants you to screen the whole field. Pep would talk to you immediately if he recognised something."

See mentality! :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

Rawlings wrote:Kele was a "Tap in Striker" aka "Monkey dey work baboon dey chop striker" aka "Right-Place-Right-Time Striker"

I don't blame you. I blame Gyan for failing to "tap in" that penalty.
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Gadfly wrote:“There are many things – but Pep showed me completely new spaces in the field. I improved a lot.
He cares about your first touch a lot and that you know what to do even before you get the ball.

You have to know where your team-mates are, so he wants you to screen the whole field. Pep would talk to you immediately if he recognised something."

:clap: :agree: :clap: :agree: :clap: :clap: :clap:

The day our SE players adopt this attitude on the field is when we can claim haven arrived.
Meanwhile let's merely contend with selfish and unnecessary display of skills which sum up to nothing.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

charlie wrote:

I'll be visiting with my auntie in Afuze during that period
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Rawlings wrote:
charlie wrote:

Good for you...I hope she has cable so you don't miss any matches.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

charlie wrote:
Rawlings wrote:
charlie wrote:
Good for you...I hope she has cable so you don't miss any matches.
even if she has cable, NEPA will not disappoint :smile:
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Gadfly wrote:“There are many things – but Pep showed me completely new spaces in the field. I improved a lot. He cares about your first touch a lot and that you know what to do even before you get the ball. You have to know where your team-mates are, so he wants you to screen the whole field. Pep would talk to you immediately if he recognised something."

I don't know Kele, but from what I've seen so far, it could be more like this...
“Every step you make he helps you realise why you are getting better. He teach me how I can get better. I am like this: ‘I want more and more.’ You can feel the desire in me to get better.

“This is not the same as being hungry to make it. We all feel that hunger in football.
With Cruyff it was different. He deepened and changed the hunger so you became conscious of why you are getting better. It was often simple. He would shout at me: ‘Control with the left, control with the left!’ because in the beginning I only use my right foot. He made me use both feet. Even now I use this with my players.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... yff-unique
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu