CITY VS L’POOL (UCL QF) 2nd Leg (1-2) 1-5 aggregate

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: CITY VS L’POOL (UCL QF) 2nd Leg (1-5) 1-2 (2H)

Post by danfo driver »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
charlie wrote:Valverde looks perplexed!
he is simply not good enough for a club like Barca. Sorry. He can shove Paulinho and his love for skill-less players up his buttocks.

you're right....isnt that Tottenham's Paulinho?
Yup! I hate Barca, but the club is an institution that has its philosophy. And every coach must abide by that. This guy came and was chasing players who are like cabin biscuit---no taste, no skill, nothing! Nonsense!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: CITY VS L’POOL (UCL QF) 2nd Leg (1-2) 1-5 aggregate

Post by txj »

We've conquered all of Europe,
We're never going to stop,
From Paris down to Turkey,
We've won the f*cking lot,
Bob Paisley and Bill Shankly,
The Fields of Anfield Road,
We are loyal supporters,
And we come from Liverpool!
Allez, Allez, Allez,
Allez, Allez, Allez,
Allez, Allez, Allez,
Allez, Allez, Allez...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

If Ronaldo wins the CL again, he will be way ahead of Messi....oh what joy!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Whats next for City, as if they do not have a lot to think about, next game Spurs, trying to consolidate their top 4 position, what a wrong time to meet them, its a shame, City bad spell came rather too lage, in the last 3 games, their defence has let in 8 goaös
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

airwolex wrote:
kajifu wrote:
balo wrote:Kai Jesu.

Make Roma win ooo. Would be a perfect day.
Amen
Ope o!! Fantastic day!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

See Airhead no be you talk say dem go equalize :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...na wow o! how has the mighty fallen across Europe. Barca, City all in da dustbin :lol: :lol: :lol:

I said it before. Teams that hold possession more their weak link is in the defense. It has been known about Barca for long but some don't take advantage. e don ope dem eyes well well :clap: :clap: :clap:
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

joplass wrote:
metalalloy wrote:wow congrats to Roma!!! Incredible.!
Incredibly organized defense. If Roma keeps playing like this even Pool and Madrid will suffer against them.
They'll be the weakest of the semi finalists and that's no mistake. It was easy for them today because Barca were like City....predictable. Also, that Barca defense finally got what was coming to them. Chelsea should have punished them in the prior tie. ...also Roma had chances in the first leg.

We will see. I don't fancy Roma, there's a reason they're 4th in Serie A.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Congrats to Roma and Liverpool.... :clap: :clap:

However on another note I can see all the enemies of good football are out in full force today....enjoy the moment, good football always wins in the long term.
To God be the glory
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

kajifu wrote:
charlie wrote:This is why we love the Champions League :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Ohhh don't forget how you shrine this same Barca when the draw come and la liga teams.
Did not you pick Barca to go through when I warn you la liga is NDL and if they had face an English team like City or Liverpool they will be out?
I warn you but you did not listen
First of all, I dont shrine Barca. I respect them, and they totally deserve that respect.
What Barca has done this season (undefeated so far) has never been done in La Liga.

Secondly, they were up 4-1. This is usually unsurmountable, unless of course you screw things up like they did against Roma.

Thirdly, for you to call La Liga the "No defense league" when they have dominated european championships for years is just ignorant.

Roma & Liverpool are through to the Semis. Madrid & Bayern are in good positions to join them.
Wait to the end of the season to start beating your chest.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

marko wrote:Whats next for City, as if they do not have a lot to think about, next game Spurs, trying to consolidate their top 4 position, what a wrong time to meet them, its a shame, City bad spell came rather too lage, in the last 3 games, their defence has let in 8 goaös
Like last year they will try and buy Salah, Oxlade, Robertson and Mane...that's what's next.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Skylolo wrote:Congrats to Roma and Liverpool.... :clap: :clap:

However on another note I can see all the enemies of good football are out in full force today....enjoy the moment, good football always wins in the long term.
Sky, stop it. Which one be good football? Roma were better than Barcelona in this 2nd leg, and until that knockout 3rd goal in the first leg, they were better too. Their footie was more coherent and eye pleasing. To me anyhow.

As for City, they were awfully boring and tedious today. Predictable. Sure, the refs took away a legit 2nd goal from them but I really think Liverpool always had the ability to score the ONE goal that they needed. They, like someone else said, were also the better side.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

txj wrote:We've conquered all of Europe,
We are loyal supporters,
Allez, Allez, Allez,
Allez, Allez, Allez,
Allez, Allez, Allez,
Allez, Allez, Allez...

It’s funny how they always come out after the lights come on
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Over two legs Liverpool killed Man City. Please, you have come again.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Hoping for

Madrid vs Roma

Liverpool vs Bayern

:woot:

MLK.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

anikulapo wrote:
We are loyal supporters,
Allez, Allez, Allez,
Allez, Allez, Allez,
Allez, Allez, Allez,
Allez, Allez, Allez...

Dont mind txj. In his mind he has already conquered Europe.
Let's see what happens.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

We are loyal supporters,
Allez, Allez, Allez,
Allez, Allez, Allez,
Allez, Allez, Allez,
Allez, Allez, Allez...
Congrats. If you guys can get Roma...
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

charlie wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
We are loyal supporters,
Allez, Allez, Allez,
Allez, Allez, Allez,
Allez, Allez, Allez,
Allez, Allez, Allez...

Let's see what happens.
We already did 5 times bro...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

mcal wrote:...na wow o! how has the mighty fallen across Europe. Barca, City all in da dustbin :lol: :lol: :lol:

I said it before. Teams that hold possession more their weak link is in the defense. It has been known about Barca for long but some don't take advantage. e don ope dem eyes well well :clap: :clap: :clap:
Strange you guys don't say this when these teams are winning. No system is foolproof. It has worked for these teams that is why they are top and it will work for them in other games.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

When will the people with White Lab coats come to collect SkyLoco :rotf:

MLK.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

anikulapo wrote:Hoping for

Madrid vs Roma

Liverpool vs Bayern

:woot:

At this point, any matchup is a compelling.
Still Bayern & Madrid havent qualified yet.
Let's not start calling semi-final matchups till tomorrow evening.
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

platinum wrote: As for City, they were awfully boring and tedious today. Predictable. Sure, the refs took away a legit 2nd goal from them but I really think Liverpool always had the ability to score the ONE goal that they needed. They, like someone else said, were also the better side.
It was NOT legit. The rule book says:

Two opposing players must be behind the attacker for him to be onside UNLESS one opposing player plays a DELIBERATE ball back in which case an attacking player is NOT offside. The ball played back was ruled NOT deliberate and there was only ONE opposing player behind the attacker. So offside. Good call in and much kudos to the officials for getting that rare call right in a crazy tense and tough game to officiate.
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

platinum wrote:

Sky, stop it. Which one be good football? Roma were better than Barcelona in this 2nd leg, and until that knockout 3rd goal in the first leg, they were better too. Their footie was more coherent and eye pleasing. To me anyhow.

As for City, they were awfully boring and tedious today. Predictable. Sure, the refs took away a legit 2nd goal from them but I really think Liverpool always had the ability to score the ONE goal that they needed. They, like someone else said, were also the better side.

Football is a game of margins and momentum. They had pool on the ropes and who knows what that 2nd goal would have done to them. That being said, 'Pool more than deserve their victory. I'm just happy for Roma. I hope they get Pool in the semis so one of them will progress to the final.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

txj wrote:
charlie wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
We are loyal supporters,
Allez, Allez, Allez,
Allez, Allez, Allez,
Allez, Allez, Allez,
Allez, Allez, Allez...

Let's see what happens.
We already did 5 times bro...
Emphasis on "Did"....

You still have other multiple champs in the tournament to get through. Lets just wait and see.