Mo Salah is better than Hazard

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Mo Salah is better than Hazard

Post by deanotito »

I feel like a broken record, but I don tell some of una for months that Mo Salah is the best EPL player I've seen in many many years
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

[/video]
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

yall forget Mo-Salah is just 24 years old
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bell wrote:
1) If Salah is not a striker, what is he?
At Liverpool, Roma, Fiorentina, Basel and Egypt, he has played as a right forward/winger.

His last club game vs. Man City

http://www.skysports.com/football/liver ... ams/388721

His last national team game vs. Portugal

http://www.skysports.com/football/portu ... ams/386985

Salah can also play as an 8, if necessary, but he rarely plays there.
2) Ok, I'm not aware of his Italian exploits, so let's see what happens next season (I'm not saying he'll be bad; just saying let's not judge him on basis of this season only. Certainly, football exists outside England)
Sir, you are the one judging him based on this season only. Thats why you are ignoring "his Italian exploits, of which you are "not aware." I am judging based on his years in Italy and this one in England.
3) Salah's assist history: very few players are in the lineup because they have great assist numbers.
I mentioned his assists because you claimed that without his goals, he wouldnt be playing "top flight football." So, are we to also take away his assists? And are we using this same criteria for every single player or only Salah?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

deanotito wrote:I feel like a broken record, but I don tell some of una for months that Mo Salah is the best EPL player I've seen in many many years
He is a freaking 'normal' good player.......that looks great 'cos he plays for the Dean.
Last edited by zee on Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Ugbowo wrote:
Bell wrote:
Cally wrote:I'm not a fan of Hazard's but to me, he's a better all-round player than Salah. I've watched hazard do things, this season, that I never expected he'd be able to do. Having said that, Mo Salah has also done some amazing things at break-neck speed that have been astounding.
AGREED, HAZARD IS SOCCER'S KOBE BRYANT

How much better he'd be if he'd just make pass when the opportunity is there instead of beating his man, stopping, looking for another person to beat, before making an ineffective pass. Meanwhile, the team mate is standing around not sure when or if Hazard would pass. How come no one has told I'm that?
Bell
Kobe Bryant???? What are u on today???

Kobe and Hazard? Are you serious? Kobe has a mentality that Hazard can only dream of. Kobe wanted to and strived to be the best. Worked so hard at it and has 5 championships to show for it. Part of his "ball hogging" was because he believed he was going to KILL you and he did a lot of times. Hazard does his almost because he thinks its fun.

Bell you have surprised me in this thread sha.
Thats what everyone is misunderstanding in this thread. Hazard lacks the mental toughness and killer instinct to be successful. There is a reason he never has to good seasons in a row.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Ugbowo wrote:
Bell wrote:
Cally wrote:I'm not a fan of Hazard's but to me, he's a better all-round player than Salah. I've watched hazard do things, this season, that I never expected he'd be able to do. Having said that, Mo Salah has also done some amazing things at break-neck speed that have been astounding.

How much better he'd be if he'd just make pass when the opportunity is there instead of beating his man, stopping, looking for another person to beat, before making an ineffective pass. Meanwhile, the team mate is standing around not sure when or if Hazard would pass. How come no one has told I'm that?
Bell

Kobe and Hazard? Are you serious? Kobe has a mentality that Hazard can only dream of. Kobe wanted to and strived to be the best. Worked so hard at it and has 5 championships to show for it. Part of his "ball hogging" was because he believed he was going to KILL you and he did a lot of times. Hazard does his almost because he thinks its fun.

No mind Bell,Kobe that is compare with the best in the game and someone is comparing with Hazard that is not best in his club every season.
Some post you ignore it.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

No denying the fact that Mo Salah is a terrific player, but there's an extra cherry to the top which is playing under the Dean... Not sure if it's the Klopp effect, but any player that plays under his management always turns out to be good.. Ox Chamberlain's talent was mostly underutilized I'm Arsenal, now see him turning up for Liverpool under the Dean, even Milner looks the part under Klopp.
lionga
Egg
Egg

Post by lionga »

Hazard and Kobe :rotf: ? Come on now.

Every now and then in the past few years, after a good spell Hazard's name is mentioned in the same sentence as Messi and Ronaldo. Don't know why, because, for my money, he's not and has never been on the same level as Neymar.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Salah is a winger/forward in an attacking team...Hazard is a 10 in a defensive team.....nuff said

Pa
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

paj wrote:Salah is a winger/forward in an attacking team...Hazard is a 10 in a defensive team.....nuff said

Pa

Pa Jeun Ko Ku, You are making silly excuses. Although that is what we have come to expect from you. Hazard has played Left Forward for Chelsea, since he came there. In match fixer’s 343, he plays as a left forward.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

The guy is having a season that's out of this world. But let's remember this season is an aberration compared to others. If he does this again next season, then we'll know he's arrived
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

Ugbowo wrote:
Bell wrote:

Bell

REST EASY, ugbowo, HAZARD & KOBE ARE SIMILAR IN THAT...

...they'd hold the ball when a pass is called for. For all his talent and greatness, Kobe could have been much better if he'd simply pass the ball. He probably would have played longer, received less physical pounding and his teams more successful. Kobe was the man who wouldn't pass the ball even when guarded by three players, leaving open team mates unsure what to do. The irony is that if he'd simply pass the ball, he'd probably get it back and face an easier scoring opportunity. But no, he'd want the whole world to know he could overcome all three. That's why his shooting percentage is not as good as it could have been. I think Hazard has the same traits except that he's not as good a footballer as Kobe was a basketballer.
Bell
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

YUJAM wrote:The guy is having a season that's out of this world. But let's remember this season is an aberration compared to others. If he does this again next season, then we'll know he's arrived
WHICH IS...

...all I've been saying.
Bell
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

danfo driver wrote:
Bell wrote:
1) If Salah is not a striker, what is he?
At Liverpool, Roma, Fiorentina, Basel and Egypt, he has played as a right forward/winger.

His last club game vs. Man City

http://www.skysports.com/football/liver ... ams/388721

His last national team game vs. Portugal

http://www.skysports.com/football/portu ... ams/386985

Salah can also play as an 8, if necessary, but he rarely plays there.
2) Ok, I'm not aware of his Italian exploits, so let's see what happens next season (I'm not saying he'll be bad; just saying let's not judge him on basis of this season only. Certainly, football exists outside England)
Sir, you are the one judging him based on this season only. Thats why you are ignoring "his Italian exploits, of which you are "not aware." I am judging based on his years in Italy and this one in England.
3) Salah's assist history: very few players are in the lineup because they have great assist numbers.
I mentioned his assists because you claimed that without his goals, he wouldnt be playing "top flight football." So, are we to also take away his assists? And are we using this same criteria for every single player or only Salah?
SALAH MAY BE LISTED AS A RIGHT FWD/WINGER (whatever that is these days)...

...but in attacking situations he's to be found mainly in the box (6 or 18), not on the touchline. Very much like other well known strikers. And his team counts on him for scoring. That to me is a striker. If he's playing as a winger, then there's something wrong with that arrangement.
Bell
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Bell, he's not a striker.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

YUJAM wrote:The guy is having a season that's out of this world. But let's remember this season is an aberration compared to others. If he does this again next season, then we'll know he's arrived
The comparison is Salah vs. Hazard.

I dont think anyone is saying "Salah has arrived"
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bell wrote:
SALAH MAY BE LISTED AS A RIGHT FWD/WINGER (whatever that is these days)...

...but in attacking situations he's to be found mainly in the box (6 or 18), not on the touchline. Very much like other well known strikers. And his team counts on him for scoring. That to me is a striker. If he's playing as a winger, then there's something wrong with that arrangement.
Bell
I absolutely disagree with you. But thats fine, as we do not have to agree on this. I believe it is obvious to everyone where Salah plays and how he plays.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

danfo driver wrote:

The point being that Hazard has had more than one standout season.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

The YeyeMan wrote:Bell, he's not a striker.
OK. I'LL TAKE YOUR WORD FOR IT, SO NOW...

...does Liverpool play with a striker and who's he?
Bell
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Tbite wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

The point being that Hazard has had more than one standout season.
uhmm do you know how many stand out seasons Salah has had? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I realize you only watch EPL, but you should go ask Serie A watchers about Salah. Like I said, football does not start and end in England. let Hazard go to Italy and perform! After all, Salah has performed in Italy for multiple years and came to England and performed better than Hazard HAS EVER PERFORMED IN HIS ENTIRE LIFE. FACT!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bell wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:Bell, he's not a striker.
OK. I'LL TAKE YOUR WORD FOR IT, SO NOW...

...does Liverpool play with a striker and who's he?
Bell
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Sir, You have got to be trolling. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Never been that sold on Hazard myself but he has been elite for a long time, winning best player in France and the EPL. If Mo Salah can keep this level up for the next few years then we can talk. One thing though, this has to be one of the best ever seasons by a player I have ever seen in the EPL.