Mo Salah is better than Hazard

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Mo Salah is better than Hazard

Post by danfo driver »

airwolex wrote:Never been that sold on Hazard myself but he has been elite for a long time, winning best player in France and the EPL. If Mo Salah can keep this level up for the next few years then we can talk. One thing though, this has to be one of the best ever seasons by a player I have ever seen in the EPL.
Let Hazard reach the level Salah has shown this year, and then we can talk. :lol:

Isnt it funny, with all the "best player in France and England" that Hazard has won, he has actually NEVER in his entire career reached the level Salah has shown this year. NEVER! Hazard will kill to reach this level.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

danfo driver wrote:
airwolex wrote:Never been that sold on Hazard myself but he has been elite for a long time, winning best player in France and the EPL. If Mo Salah can keep this level up for the next few years then we can talk. One thing though, this has to be one of the best ever seasons by a player I have ever seen in the EPL.
Let Hazard reach the level Salah has shown this year, and then we can talk. :lol:

Isnt it funny, with all the "best player in France and England" that Hazard has won, he has actually NEVER in his entire career reached the level Salah has shown this year. NEVER! Hazard will kill to reach this level.
I actually agree, even when he won epl player of the year I think he did it with 10 goals....however, you cannot discount that he has been kind of consistent for 5 plus seasons and has had two EPL trophies to his name.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

airwolex wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

I actually agree, even when he won epl player of the year I think he did it with 10 goals....however, you cannot discount that he has been kind of consistent for 5 plus seasons and has had two EPL trophies to his name.
Actually, I can think of one seasons were he was average and another season were he was very poor. Like I said, I have never seen him have 2 great seasons in a row.

As for the EPL titles, he has that to his name like the 24 other players in the squad.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Salah has had several top class seasons in Italy as well.

Its actually absurd he didn't receive even a team of the year nod in the Serie A, but lesser players like Dybala and Higuain have.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Lol at Chelski supporters hating on Hazard.

The guy wants out, and he is not interested in playing for Chelsea anymore. He has performed like Sanchez did for Arsenal when he wanted out. Hazard has all but downed tools at Chelski, it does not make him bad player. I do not like what he is doing, indeed I can't stand it, but it takes nothing away from his immense talent as a footballer.

Salah and Hazard, two different types of players. No point in comparing apples with oranges. Both will fit in any team playing different roles, and they do play different roles in their respective teams. It is why Real Madrid want them both in the summer.

It is very simplistic to conclude one is better than the other. Is water better than air or vice versa?
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

danfo driver wrote:
airwolex wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Actually, I can think of one seasons were he was average and another season were he was very poor. Like I said, I have never seen him have 2 great seasons in a row.

As for the EPL titles, he has that to his name like the 24 other players in the squad.
There is a difference between being a squad player in a championship winning side and being the best, or one of the best players in a championship winning side. A HUGE difference...you cannot take that away from Hazard.

Hazard, for me too, is enigmatic. He has all the talent in the world but he is too inconsistent and unproductive considering his talent level, however you cannot say he hasn't been one of the best players in the EPL ever since he got there.
Last edited by airwolex on Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Waffiman wrote:Lol at Chelski supporters hating on Hazard.

The guy wants out, and he is not interested in playing for Chelsea anymore. He has performed like Sanchez did for Arsenal when he wanted out. Hazard has all but downed tools at Chelski, it does not make him bad player. I do not like what he is doing, indeed I can't stand it, but it takes nothing away from his immense talent as a footballer.

Salah and Hazard, two different types of players. No point in comparing apples with oranges. Both will fit in any team playing different roles, and they do play different roles in their respective teams. It is why Real Madrid want them both in the summer.

It is very simplistic to conclude one is better than the other. Is water better than air or vice versa?
He did this in Jose's second season as well. Very moody player. Good luck wherever he goes. I agree that they are different. I actually feel Harzard is more a La Liga type player. He will do very well in Barca or Real Madrid.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

He is not near Hazard..
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

airwolex wrote:

He did this in Jose's second season as well. Very moody player. Good luck wherever he goes. I agree that they are different. I actually feel Harzard is more a La Liga type player. He will do very well in Barca or Real Madrid.
I concur.

If I was a Chelsea fan, I will be spitting fire at Hazard. :curse: :curse:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

:rotf: :rotf:
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Mo-Salah is in the same class with the likes of Cron and Messi, I am a Chelsea fan, but Hazard cannot carry a team... He is above average at best... Mo-Salah is 24 years old. He alone took Egypt to Russia , and for the last 2 to 3 seasons, the guy has been performing at the highest levels, be it for club or country
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Sports
'Incredible human being' Salah is 'priceless' to Liverpool
Omnisport Video Omnisport Video Thu, Apr 5 11:00 AM CDT
Reactions Reblog on Tumblr Share Tweet Email
'Priceless' Mohamed Salah is reaching the level of Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi according to Liverpool legend Ian Rush and CEO Peter Moore.
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

[/video]
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

[/video]
SuperEagles

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Mo-Salah is in the same class with the likes of Cron and Messi, I am a Chelsea fan, but Hazard cannot carry a team... He is above average at best... Mo-Salah is 24 years old. He alone took Egypt to Russia , and for the last 2 to 3 seasons, the guy has been performing at the highest levels, be it for club or country
:clap: :clap: :clap: If he has someone like Mikel to control Liverpool MF they win EPL easy.Henderson are average at best.How Klopp no go beg Mikel is shocking :boo: :boo:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

One steps up when the pressure is up and the other cowers like a coward and claims "I can never be as good as Ronaldo or messi."

Please, Hazard is not on Salah's level.
Komani
Egg
Egg

Post by Komani »

marutimon wrote:Salah has had several top class seasons in Italy as well.

Its actually absurd he didn't receive even a team of the year nod in the Serie A, but lesser players like Dybala and Higuain have.
He was great but wasn't better than Higuain or Dybala when he was at Serie A.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Messi and Ronaldo are in a class of two. No one will approach the classroom door talk less of entering the room till they are long retired.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Coach wrote:Messi and Ronaldo are in a class of two. No one will approach the classroom door talk less of entering the room till they are long retired.
Nobody really considered Ronaldo to be a great till he consistently produced. It is not a question of talent but consistency that really sets the mark.

Funnily enough in SOME WAYS Ronaldo was a better player in United than Madrid. So the guy was a talent from day one, but consistency is what made him a king.

he sacrificed a bit of his flair, dribbling and even speed for more of a physical presence. He developed a longer range in his strikes, but even his free kicks he had from day one. My point is not that Ronaldo was better at United that is sacrilegious.

My point being you think of the two as unapproachable because they proved their worth! If Ibra consistently did the numbers, you would not say that, if Salah continues to perform like this, EVERYONE will bring him into the discussion.

It is all about numbers. Messi is hardly the most talented to play the game (not even in the top 10 probably), he is only one of the most efficient/cerebral and consistent.

This is just about consistency, nothing more.

Is Salah really better than Hazard in terms of pure ability? This thread owes its origins once again to consistency, the numbers. Whoever does numbers is respected.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT