Mo Salah is better than Hazard

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Mo Salah is better than Hazard

Post by Bigpokey24 »

This guy is in the same class as Cron, Neymar, Messi, Suarez and Bale
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Mo Salah is better than Hazard

Post by danfo driver »

This season he is definitely a better player.

Seasons before, he was a better finisher and more productive.

Although my response is not bias, it’s also necessary for me to state that I am NOT a fan of hazard. I liked the player before but I completely lost respect for him when he said “I can never be as good as Messi ans Ronaldo.” He is a player who recognized that his end product is very poor for his talent, by his utterance showed me that this was a person who is clearly mentally weak and will not strive to be the best. He proved it in that Mourinho’s last season at Chelsea— his mental weakness. There is a reason hazard does not have 2 great seasons in a row.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Switch players and teams and see what happens
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

He plays in a good system same as Messi.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Benedict Iroha wrote:He plays in a good system same as Messi.
he also played in a good system in Basel, Fiorentina and Roma, as well as in Egypt? abi? :lol: :lol:

Its good to be honest.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

[quote="Bigpokey24"]This guy is in the same class as Cron, Neymar, Messi, Suarez and Bale[/quote
Please respect your self its an insult to compare him to Hazard.Salah today is as good as Messi on current form.
Hazard is mentally weak,he has never had back to back good season.Even when Mata that cant start at united was at Chelsea was voted back to back bets player.
Abeg brother Bigpokey no dey fold my hand.Is like that debate when some CE member were comparing Mikel with all kind of waste pipe.
Oh where are those folks that were telling us Pedro is better than Moses when Chelsea sign him?
Hazard is on same level with Mane not on Salah class
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

WHY TRY TO COMPARE THESE TWO PLAYERS, DIFFERENT AS THEY ARE?

Salah is mainly a striker, a good one at that, but let's wait and see if he can repeat this next season. As for Hazard, he's more of an outside player. My gripe with Hazard is that he keeps the ball when he should quickly pass it stranding team mates and killing momentary opportunities. Salah, if he wasn't scoring, may not be playing top flight ball today.
Bell
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bell wrote:WHY TRY TO COMPARE THESE TWO PLAYERS, DIFFERENT AS THEY ARE?

Salah is mainly a striker, a good one at that,
huh?
but let's wait and see if he can repeat this next season. As for Hazard, he's more of an outside player. My gripe with Hazard is that he keeps the ball when he should quickly pass it stranding team mates and killing momentary opportunities.
Why? Is a winger supposed to score 30+ goals a season? At Roma, he averaged 1 goal every two games. Salah scores, goals. that is his history. however, i dont see why he should be judged on that. We all saw how City gained confidence AFTER Salah was substituted.
Salah, if he wasn't scoring, may not be playing top flight ball today.
Bell
Any chance you want to explain this?
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

How come in spite of Nigeria prodigious numerical strength and high affinity for soccer for so many years we have not been able to produce a prolific scorer in that mode. Is it a curse ? I had high hopes in Kelechi I didn't realize he will be afflicted by this same disease that affects all Nigerian players. The first time they burst into the scene they have all the potential of future super stars but usual they are at their peaks thereafter start to regress egregiously. I hope it is not this same case with Onyekuru . He seems to be genuine and has upward trajectory. I pray fervently he maximizes his God given potential not becoming copacetic after achieving a little bit.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

OK, I'LL DO MY BEST TO RESPOND ACCORDING TO MY UNDERSTANDING OF YOUR COMMENTS
danfo driver wrote:
Bell wrote:WHY TRY TO COMPARE THESE TWO PLAYERS, DIFFERENT AS THEY ARE?

Salah is mainly a striker, a good one at that,
huh?
I made two observations, namely that Salah (1) lines up as a striker for Liverpool and (2) he's a very good one. Do you want to contest either?
but let's wait and see if he can repeat this next season. As for Hazard, he's more of an outside player. My gripe with Hazard is that he keeps the ball when he should quickly pass it stranding team mates and killing momentary opportunities.
A player may be good in one year (Ighalo) and not so good in subsequent ones perhaps because the opposition have learned how to counter him or some other reason.

Why? Is a winger supposed to score 30+ goals a season? At Roma, he averaged 1 goal every two games. Salah scores, goals. that is his history. however, i dont see why he should be judged on that. We all saw how City gained confidence AFTER Salah was substituted.
Salah, if he wasn't scoring, may not be playing top flight ball today.
Bell
Any chance you want to explain this?
Salah is an uncanny scorer but his ball skills are not exceptional and are not dangerous away from the box.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Hazard was and is still over rated!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

Hazard is above average..nothing more. On most days, Willian is also better than Hazard, as is Mane and many others in the EPL
Bigpokey24 wrote:This guy is in the same class as Cron, Neymar, Messi, Suarez and Bale
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Lol. Salah is certainly having a wonderful season but to dismiss Hazard’s pedigree on the basis of a loss of form is ridiculous. Hazard is in the class beneath the extraterrestrials and holds his own comfortably.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Lol at Willian being better than Hazard.

Willian is simply one of the best headless chickens, but a decapitated fowl nonetheless.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Willian is a very good player, but Hazard, again, is amongst the elite in the league neath the extraterrestrials. To criticise his self assessment and suggestion that he won’t arrive at the level of Messi and Ronaldo, is no cause for indictment. One will say with a degree of confidence, Neymar, the supposed heir apparent, will not equal the numbers posted by ET or ampersand. Simply put, he, much like the others, is not in their league. Sentiments aside, the numbers will testify to this fact when the curtains call.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

In terms of technique, Willian is as good as Hazard and the rest of the World Class players.

But Willian is like a great footballer without a brain. Like a sports car with a bad driver.

Hazard is like a Sports car with a great driver, but badly serviced.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bell wrote: I made two observations, namely that Salah (1) lines up as a striker for Liverpool and (2) he's a very good one. Do you want to contest either?
I want to contest answer (1) Salah lines up as a striker for Liverpool.

A player may be good in one year (Ighalo) and not so good in subsequent ones perhaps because the opposition have learned how to counter him or some other reason.
Very true. However, Salah was very good last season and two seasons ago. In fact, 3 seasons ago, when he was on loan to Fiorentina, he was also very good, thats why Roma "stole" him from Fiorentina.

I suspect you mean "good in subsequent seasons in England?" I guess okay... although I am one person who believes that football does NOT begin and end in England.

Salah is an uncanny scorer but his ball skills are not exceptional and are not dangerous away from the box.
So, you think if Salah was not scoring, he wouldnt be playing "top flight football," and will be in div. 3 or something?

by the way:

Salah's assist history

2017/18 - 11 assists (at least 8 games to go, and at most 11 games to go)
2016/17 - 11 Assists
2015/16 - 6 assists
2014/15 - 6 assists (this is the season he couldnt see action at chelsea and moved to Fio)
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

I'm not a fan of Hazard's but to me, he's a better all-round player than Salah. I've watched hazard do things, this season, that I never expected he'd be able to do. Having said that, Mo Salah has also done some amazing things at break-neck speed that have been astounding.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Salah lines up as a striker???? Huh??? Is there a new definition for the striker role? What am I reading here??

Hazard is more talented than Salah but as everyone has said , Salah is having a way better season. Hazard's mentality has stunted his growth. He shies from the big occasion and that's really sad for a player of so much talent.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

danfo driver wrote:
Bell wrote: I made two observations, namely that Salah (1) lines up as a striker for Liverpool and (2) he's a very good one. Do you want to contest either?
I want to contest answer (1) Salah lines up as a striker for Liverpool.

Very true. However, Salah was very good last season and two seasons ago. In fact, 3 seasons ago, when he was on loan to Fiorentina, he was also very good, thats why Roma "stole" him from Fiorentina.

I suspect you mean "good in subsequent seasons in England?" I guess okay... although I am one person who believes that football does NOT begin and end in England.

So, you think if Salah was not scoring, he wouldnt be playing "top flight football," and will be in div. 3 or something?

by the way:

Salah's assist history

2017/18 - 11 assists (at least 8 games to go, and at most 11 games to go)
2016/17 - 11 Assists
2015/16 - 6 assists
2014/15 - 6 assists (this is the season he couldnt see action at chelsea and moved to Fio)
BACK TO YOU, danfo driver

1) If Salah is not a striker, what is he?
2) Ok, I'm not aware of his Italian exploits, so let's see what happens next season (I'm not saying he'll be bad; just saying let's not judge him on basis of this season only. Certainly, football exists outside England)
3) Salah's assist history: very few players are in the lineup because they have great assist numbers.
Bell
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

Cally wrote:I'm not a fan of Hazard's but to me, he's a better all-round player than Salah. I've watched hazard do things, this season, that I never expected he'd be able to do. Having said that, Mo Salah has also done some amazing things at break-neck speed that have been astounding.
AGREED, HAZARD IS SOCCER'S KOBE BRYANT

How much better he'd be if he'd just make pass when the opportunity is there instead of beating his man, stopping, looking for another person to beat, before making an ineffective pass. Meanwhile, the team mate is standing around not sure when or if Hazard would pass. How come no one has told I'm that?
Bell
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Bell wrote:
Cally wrote:I'm not a fan of Hazard's but to me, he's a better all-round player than Salah. I've watched hazard do things, this season, that I never expected he'd be able to do. Having said that, Mo Salah has also done some amazing things at break-neck speed that have been astounding.
AGREED, HAZARD IS SOCCER'S KOBE BRYANT

How much better he'd be if he'd just make pass when the opportunity is there instead of beating his man, stopping, looking for another person to beat, before making an ineffective pass. Meanwhile, the team mate is standing around not sure when or if Hazard would pass. How come no one has told I'm that?
Bell
Kobe Bryant???? What are u on today???

Kobe and Hazard? Are you serious? Kobe has a mentality that Hazard can only dream of. Kobe wanted to and strived to be the best. Worked so hard at it and has 5 championships to show for it. Part of his "ball hogging" was because he believed he was going to KILL you and he did a lot of times. Hazard does his almost because he thinks its fun.

Bell you have surprised me in this thread sha.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Kobe won an Oscar as well
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved