Do you guys remember Sone Aluko?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Do you guys remember Sone Aluko?

Post by The YeyeMan »

Enugu II wrote:
Gotti wrote:
oscar52 wrote:Sometimes I don't blame some foreign borns for not choosing to play for Nigeria. Players like Aluko and to an extent Anichebe (still both just 29) are some of the reasons I don't.
Exactly! Because Anichebe and Aluko would have been 3-Lions superstars by now... :roll:

Personally, I like Anichebe and Aluko, but frankly this sort of subjugated mentality does my head in. We should be appreciative for ANYONE at all representing Nigeria, but sadly while some of you are quick to insult and deride our Nigerian-born players, you vigorously stool sample so-called "foreign borns" (the great majority of whom, if we are truthful to ourselves, would NEVER play for Nigeria if accorded an opportunity to play for their country of birth, which is of course their right) as if they are doing us some kind of inordinate favor. Dude, it can be difficult and inconvenient for ANYONE to elect to represent Nigeria, and we should be equally APPRECIATIVE of all regardless of place of birth or accent. SMDH.
KPOM. TBH, Anichebe hardly ever did much in GWG to deserve the praise that I am reading here. Aluko was and is good but the hype here is extraordinary, just my tuppence.
It's not extraordinary - nobody has gone overboard. It's just acknowledgment of a good player - nobody has called Aluko world class.

Your reaction is extraordinary. :D
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.