Do you guys remember Sone Aluko?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

oyek
Egg
Egg
Do you guys remember Sone Aluko?

Post by oyek »

Now that the SE is in need of a playmaker for ke a support striker, Sone has proven to be a capable player in this position both at various club level and with the SE. I'm not sure if coach Rohr is aware of him...
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
oyek
Egg
Egg
Re: Do you guys remember Sone Aluko?

Post by oyek »

Here is a goal is scored over the weekend.
[/video]
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

I like this player. He is hugely underrated. Has an eye for goal too.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Not two months before the world cup. It is too late. We have to work on Building chemistry now. No fire brigade approach is going to work now. Your start building your team 4 years ago not two months before the tournament. Rohr shouldn't call up anyone he has not coached before in qualifiers or friendlies.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damn, we really forgot about him. He really tried for us when he played.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

I'm still a fan. Sone is what we used to call a "baller". Its in his blood. His club situation may not show it, but Sone is the real deal. If he's anywhere as good as he was 4 years ago, I would put him right behind Mikel in playmaker pecking order
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Another day another crook advocating for his client 2 months to World Cup disrespecting the ones that qualified. If some was such an exceptional player he won’t be at Championship level. Also, it’s too late for him to join after World Cup, if he is in form coach will call him
Last edited by john12 on Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

john12 wrote:Another day another crook advocating for his client 2 months to World Cup disrespecting the ones that qualified. If some was such an exceptional player he won’t be at Championship level. Also, it’s too late for him to join after World Cup if he is in form coach or I’ll call him
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

ohenhen1 wrote:Not two months before the world cup. It is too late. We have to work on Building chemistry now. No fire brigade approach is going to work now. Your start building your team 4 years ago not two months before the tournament. Rohr shouldn't call up anyone he has not coached before in qualifiers or friendlies.
ohenhen1, Rohr shouldn't call up anyone he has not coached before? How do we improve the team if he doesn't reach out to players he has not coached before? Thankfully, Rohr is pragmatic and has in fact called players he has not coached before. Recently, he called Joel Obi and Junior Ajayi. Prior to that he had called Brian Idowu and Francis Uzoho. I believe he'll call up a few more in his final list of 35 in May.
Last edited by Obong on Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Always in form but for some reason they don't want him in SE.....................Sad situation.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

john12 wrote:Another day another crook advocating for his client 2 months to World Cup disrespecting the ones that qualified. If some was such an exceptional player he won’t be at Championship level. Also, it’s too late for him to join after World Cup if he is in form coach or I’ll call him
Don't u get tired of this BS...............Seriously :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Obong wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Not two months before the world cup. It is too late. We have to work on Building chemistry now. No fire brigade approach is going to work now. Your start building your team 4 years ago not two months before the tournament. Rohr shouldn't call up anyone he has not coached before in qualifiers or friendlies.
ohenhen1, Rohr shouldn't call up anyone he has not coached before? How do we improve the team if he doesn't reach out to players he has not coached before? Thankfully, Rohr is pragmatic and has in fact called players he has not coached before. Recently, he called Joel Obi and Junior Ajayi. Prior to that he had called Brian Idowu and Francis Uzoho. I believe he'll call up a few more in his final list of 35 in May.
My guy CE is a funny place I swear :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Every Dauda and Jimoh is now suggesting a playmaker for SE, did Rohr ask you to find a playmaker? Why didn’t you mention his name when we played Cameroon and Zambia? Abi fifa stopped us from using a playmaker in those games? Abeg gerrara hia mein!
OCCUPY NFF!!
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
fledy
Egg
Egg

Post by fledy »

So so strange that he is not looked at by Rohr. Not saying he is the answer but really weird that he has not been called up in any friendly.
I know that this guy will die to play for Nigeria.
So sad
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

You had 4 years to improve the team. Fire brigade didn't work before. It won't work now. Aluko is a good player. I don't think his addition is going to make a significant impact. Rohr should stick with the current squad.

Ezenwa
Shehu, Balogun, Ekong, Aina or Idowu
Ndidi, Mikel, Onazi
Iwobi, Ighalo, V Moses

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

fledy wrote:So so strange that he is not looked at by Rohr. Not saying he is the answer but really weird that he has not been called up in any friendly.
So sad
Ol' boy, he used to give everything, at one point he would be the only one trying and even scoring in crucial games, but it wasn't enough. He did all that even though he would always come in as a sub and the people playing ahead of him were not better than him.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

maceo4 wrote:
fledy wrote:So so strange that he is not looked at by Rohr. Not saying he is the answer but really weird that he has not been called up in any friendly.
So sad
Ol' boy, he used to give everything, at one point he would be the only one trying and even scoring in crucial games, but it wasn't enough. He did all that even though he would always come in as a sub and the people playing ahead of him were not better than him.
Aluko scored twice against South Africa. He is a good player. I think the reason he fell out of favor was he was injured for a while and then went to the championship. While players like Onyekuru, Iwobi, S Moses, V Moses, and Musa were playing in the top flight and stayed relatively injury free.

elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

wale1974 wrote:
Don't u get tired of this BS...............Seriously :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
Bro, it’s beyond ridiculous...
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Was just waiting for John the Agent Hunter to show up...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bros, Aluko is one of the few Nigerian players that can score exceptional goals. Consistency and injuries have been a problem for him, but he has a sweet left leg.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

maceo4 wrote:
So sad
He only scored in 1 game (v S/Africa)...
Otherwise, he was basically just another Ajasco dancer. :D

BTW, he wasn't "forgotten" and has been discussed often on CE...
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=283212
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=282585
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=28239
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

My son na playmaker for him team O! Rohr should send him an invite. But he should wait for another 4 weeks so it’s really close to the World Cup. But if Nigeria don’t cap him now he’s 11-years old, England go cap am O!

As for Sone, yes please, he plays for the giant team, Reading, and has always transformed every team he’s played for into winners. I just don’t know what we are waiting for.

Also, is it too late to invite his sister? For our men’s team. We need strikers! Who cares if she’s been capped a billion times by England? FIFA should make an exception for us O!
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.