Arsenal 4 vs CSKA 1 Moscow FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Arsenal 4 vs CSKA 1 Moscow FT

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Skylolo wrote:Aaron Ramsey this season

25 games
9 goals
10 assists

:clap: :clap: :clap:

This is one player who has matured into a top player in a poor season in the league for Arsenal. Sign him up ASAP....
I would not be too quick to make that conclusion. Remember the season when he dominated everyone? His problem has neither been talent nor ability...it's his head. He sadly is too inconsistent...
I disagree. His problem has been fitness.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

His biggest problem, along with yours, na both of una brains :taunt: :taunt:
Xhaka says hi. He loved how you enjoyed his game last night. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

We Arsenal fans that go to Emirates will be asking Wenger to sign a 10 year extension to his contract. :)
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

wanaj0 wrote:We Arsenal fans that go to Emirates will be asking Wenger to sign a 10 year extension to his contract. :)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Some say your joke is not tired, old and boring. I don't. :taunt: :taunt:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:

25 games
9 goals
10 assists

This is one player who has matured into a top player in a poor season in the league for Arsenal. Sign him up ASAP....

Look at this joker .... have you seen Arsenal's league position? Who has he amassed these stats against ?

Dude abeg go eat a cupcake .... you're becoming a total joke :mrgreen:
Arsenal’s Aaron Ramsey has directly contributed to a goal every 100 minutes in all comps this season, which is better than Dele Alli (every 116 mins), Kevin De Bruyne (118 mins), David Silva (121 mins), and Christian Eriksen (148 mins).

Mesut Ozil last night.

102 touches
80 passes
11 duels
5 recoveries
5 key passes
2 assists

You wan see Xhaka's. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

25 games
9 goals
10 assists

Look at this joker .... have you seen Arsenal's league position? Who has he amassed these stats against ?

Dude abeg go eat a cupcake .... you're becoming a total joke :mrgreen:
Arsenal’s Aaron Ramsey has directly contributed to a goal every 100 minutes in all comps this season, which is better than Dele Alli (every 116 mins), Kevin De Bruyne (118 mins), David Silva (121 mins), and Christian Eriksen (148 mins).

Mesut Ozil last night.

102 touches
80 passes
11 duels
5 recoveries
5 key passes
2 assists

You wan see Xhaka's. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Seriously shame no dey catch you sef :taunt: :taunt:

I’m laughing so hard I’m not even gonna bother ... slow learner :tic:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

wanaj0 wrote:We Arsenal fans that go to Emirates will be asking Wenger to sign a 10 year extension to his contract. :)
:rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Arsenal 4 vs CSKA 1 Moscow

Post by Cito »

Nkume wrote:
kajifu wrote:
platinum wrote:
Nkume wrote:I like Wilshere, but anyone who claims he is our best midfielder is wrong. How can he not play that pass through?
Best? He's worse than every Arsenal midfielder so where does the best talk come from? Elneny, Xhaka, Ramsey are all better players in their functions.

Wilshere had the chance to be a real English star but his fitness has never got back to where it must be for him to even dream of playing at the highest level.
NKUME making stuff up, may be is Wenger who said that and why he keep starting him ahead of others.
Go and read Aniku-okporoko's threads on Wilshere, and also Bellerin.
Ayo Akinfe did crown him too... :rotf:

...but he is comedian so... :mrgreen:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

25 games
9 goals
10 assists

I would not be too quick to make that conclusion. Remember the season when he dominated everyone? His problem has neither been talent nor ability...it's his head. He sadly is too inconsistent...
Waffi Waffi Waffi....
I agree if you mean intellectual fitness. I have seen Ramsey play hard, tackle, run, etc, BUT make atrocious decisions. That's not physical fitness. What about the times he abandons his position and runs into Oil's spaces? Even Oloye at al have complained about his lack of discipline. Nothing to do with physical fitness.

Cant dispute his offensive qualities but cant have it both ways. Dont we? If you are willing to have a central midfielder whose style is so carefree that its hard to figure out whether he is a number 10, central midifielder, striker or all of the above then you must expect to have a porous defense......Arsenal have already compromised with playing a snail paced deep lying playmaker as defensive midfielder. Is that really worth the risk........people keep on criticizing Arsenal defence without considering the fact those guys are not getting any help from guys up-field, even from the ones who are supposed to be helping them. The question is.....is that trade-off worth it.....couple of more goals or defensive stability?
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

bk-one wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

25 games
9 goals
10 assists

Waffi Waffi Waffi....
I agree if you mean intellectual fitness. I have seen Ramsey play hard, tackle, run, etc, BUT make atrocious decisions. That's not physical fitness. What about the times he abandons his position and runs into Oil's spaces? Even Oloye at al have complained about his lack of discipline. Nothing to do with physical fitness.

Cant dispute his offensive qualities but cant have it both ways. Dont we? If you are willing to have a central midfielder whose style is so carefree that its hard to figure out whether he is a number 10, central midifielder, striker or all of the above then you must expect to have a porous defense......Arsenal have already compromised with playing a snail paced deep lying playmaker as defensive midfielder. Is that really worth the risk........people keep on criticizing Arsenal defence without considering the fact those guys are not getting any help from guys up-field, even from the ones who are supposed to be helping them. The question is.....is that trade-off worth it.....couple of more goals or defensive stability?
It depend which team we are playing ,if we play small clubs its worth it but when face with likes of Chelsea,Barca,City and likes of Liverpool its not worth the risk.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

bk-one wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

25 games
9 goals
10 assists

Waffi Waffi Waffi....

can't disagree with you....my only thing is, is Ramsey's' carefree, CM position by AW's design, or is he undisciplined? Because as you said, we wrongly (in some of our opinions) expose our defenders... Is this AW's plan, i.e., let the defence handle whatever comes its way, while Ramsey is rampaging, or does Ramsey just abdicate his defensive positions based on how he feels?

I have expressed the same sentiments in another match where shone offensively (goals-wise). The problem was that he ran into Obama-Young's positions to score...

If he isn't going to help defensively, and AW persists with Xhaka, then that position should be given to El neny, while Ramsey shares offensive midfield/support striker duties with the frontline. His dropping back to help would be a bonus then, not direct duties. He would have to share the 10/false 10 with Ozil, Mkhi, Iwobi, Wilshere, or even move forward in place of Welbeck as a second striker. Xhaka can't protect the back without help from a committed DM/CM.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

25 games
9 goals
10 assists

Waffi Waffi Waffi....
Bro, his intellectual fitness is the key reason he is the player he is. How come Ramsey always finds himself free to score in the box. It is all about timing, it is all about intelligence.

Yes, he makes mistakes as you stated above, but when fit, he is an incredible midfielder. He had a procedure to remove fluid from his groin during the break, I observed on Sunday he was blowing after 10 minutes, last night by the end of the 1st half he was blowing again. His injuries has prevented him from training, so his defensive input has been limited and it shows. But Arsenal have deployed him in a more attacking role.

When fit, there are few box to box midfielders like him.
Waffi, you're arguing the wrong point again. Ramsey's talent and ability is NOT in question....
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."