Rashidi Yekini Destroys Real Madrid

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

[/video]
Ferocious!!
http://www.melangeGO.com/
A family oriented online fashion store. Offering high quality products at low cost.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Rashidi Yekini Destroys Real Madrid

Post by oloye »

Talk of complete striker.....damn. You watch this man in action and then you watch some who call themselves strikers these days , you simply look at them with disdain and contempt!

Abeg sun re o Yekini....
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Legend! Oba goal was supposed to be a great replacement for him but I think Iheanacho will end up breaking that goal record except he stops playing
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

RIP to the legend
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...to say this guy is not revered and have a place of honor in Nigerian football is sad. Has great nose for goal.

On a side note, seems as of the 1990s big clubs don't have names on their shirts, hmm, innovation arriving slowly.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

mcal wrote:...to say this guy is not revered and have a place of honor in Nigerian football is sad. Has great nose for goal.

On a side note, seems as of the 1990s big clubs don't have names on their shirts, hmm, innovation arriving slowly.
In the future, players will be fitted with trackers so that when they hold onto possession for at least a second will show up on the bottom corners of the broadcast with their names.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Two crazy things I never understood about Yekini:

1) He was top scorer in Portugal with a team that got relegated! (as African footballer of the year that year too)

2) Bigger clubs never came in for him (perhaps because he peaked in his late 20s and early 30s). Late developer like Wrighty or Vardy?
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

wiseone wrote:Two crazy things I never understood about Yekini:

1) He was top scorer in Portugal with a team that got relegated! (as African footballer of the year that year too)

2) Bigger clubs never came in for him (perhaps because he peaked in his late 20s and early 30s). Late developer like Wrighty or Vardy?
Man mi in those days it was hard to get to top teams,they did not believe african players were up to it. The Kanu generation started making stronger cases that could no longer be ignored.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Perhaps Yekini came a generation too early for the Champions League/Bosman money. If Lukaku can go for 75+ million, what would Yekini be worth in today's market?
oloye wrote:Man mi in those days it was hard to get to top teams,they did not believe african players were up to it. The Kanu generation started making stronger cases that could no longer be ignored.
mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

Great African import. Paved way for the likes of Drogba and co.
http://www.melangeGO.com/
A family oriented online fashion store. Offering high quality products at low cost.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote:Talk of complete striker.....damn. You watch this man in action and then you watch some who call themselves strikers these days , you simply look at them with disdain and contempt!

Abeg sun re o Yekini....
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Uncle, what can we do! The thing taya person.

In a country were many of us witnessed Yekini, we have people trying to convince us that Brown Ideye is a non-scoring striker who should lead us to the world cup! we don suffer :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Used to watch Spanish football weekly during that time. I don’t remember the first goal but I do remember the 2nd. Sporting Gijon was not a great experience for Yekini. Injury-blighted
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

danfo driver wrote:
oloye wrote:Talk of complete striker.....damn. You watch this man in action and then you watch some who call themselves strikers these days , you simply look at them with disdain and contempt!

Abeg sun re o Yekini....
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Uncle, what can we do! The thing taya person.

In a country were many of us witnessed Yekini, we have people trying to convince us that Brown Ideye is a non-scoring striker who should lead us to the world cup! we don suffer :lol: :lol:
I taya....What an insult.

I don talk am before...some of the worst analysis in football usually starts with the following statement ...”but his holdup play is good”. Na holdup play we go chop?
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Ye-King!!! The most powerful striker to emerge from Africa. The 1994 team was fearsome with an attack led by this phenomenon of a man. I just chuckle when I compare our current Super Eagles strikers with him.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

wiseone wrote:Perhaps Yekini came a generation too early for the Champions League/Bosman money. If Lukaku can go for 75+ million, what would Yekini be worth in today's market?
oloye wrote:Man mi in those days it was hard to get to top teams,they did not believe african players were up to it. The Kanu generation started making stronger cases that could no longer be ignored.
I try to imagine Yekini in the colors of ManU or Arsenal, he would have murdered a keeper with his canon shots! Then i see the likes of Giroud lumping around like a castrated camel!

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

oloye wrote:
wiseone wrote:Perhaps Yekini came a generation too early for the Champions League/Bosman money. If Lukaku can go for 75+ million, what would Yekini be worth in today's market?
I try to imagine Yekini in the colors of ManU or Arsenal, he would have murdered a keeper with his canon shots! Then i see the likes of Giroud lumping around like a castrated camel!

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Kai, Oloye and his descriptions.

You need to write a book o...I still remember how you said Amodu (RIP) first described you as lazy when he saw you relaxing on a couch after a log road trip. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

wiseone wrote:Two crazy things I never understood about Yekini:

How many Africans played at the big clubs during the 80's and early 90's?

He played in the wrong era. If he was playing today. He will be playing for the big clubs.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

The way his life ended was so sad.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Never was a fan. I just don't see it.
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

Those Yekini canons...

The canon he unleashed at AFCON 94 v Egypt...
30m lofted pass from Oliseh, Yekini ran onto the ball, plucked it from the air with his thigh, and smashed the ball against the cross-bar...all in one motion...

A France-Afrique photographer stationed behind Egypt's goal swore the posts vibrated like a tuning-fork... :shock: :shock:

Those posts are still vibrating to this day... :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

ANC wrote:Never was a fan. I just don't see it.
Never was a fan of who? Yekini?
If so, who were you a fan of then?
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

platinum wrote:
Apparently Nnamdi Oduamadi :shock:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

maceo4 wrote:
platinum wrote:
Apparently Nnamdi Oduamadi :shock:

:biggrin: