Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:59 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:51 am
Posts: 26784
Location: Southern Hemisphere
I called it, although that is nothing special. Easiest prediction to make.

Just about EVERYONE will know at least one person involved in an organization with shady practices.

Shadiness is remarkably widespread everywhere. When people talk about Nigerians and shadiness I just laugh!

_________________
Bixente Lizarazu once described Spain’s football - which won them two European titles and a World Cup - as “love without the sex. It lacks a bit of spice”. News.com.au


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 3:16 am
Posts: 4182
Location: usa
Where are the magas on this forum that where insulting oliseh and laughing at him? black man getting oppostion both home and away, you got to be strong and not passive, or else you will turn slave in oyinbo land

_________________
A lion never dies it sleeps (Rip..Foe)

An Eagle never dies it soars Rip (Big Boss)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:58 pm
Posts: 20986
Location: Ukwuani
miky wrote:
Where are the magas on this forum that where insulting oliseh and laughing at him? black man getting oppostion both home and away, you got to be strong and not passive, or else you will turn slave in oyinbo land

... the most painful aspect of it is one's own people laughing at him/her. Compare it to having issues at work and instead of one's relative providing emotional support or suggestions at least, the relative turns against you, yet he/she wasn't available when the commotion took place

_________________
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 4:08 pm
Posts: 10759
Location: seattle
Odas wrote:
miky wrote:
Where are the magas on this forum that where insulting oliseh and laughing at him? black man getting oppostion both home and away, you got to be strong and not passive, or else you will turn slave in oyinbo land

... the most painful aspect of it is one's own people laughing at him/her. Compare it to having issues at work and instead of one's relative providing emotional support or suggestions at least, the relative turns against you, yet he/she wasn't available when the commotion took place


The question is why does trouble seem to show up everywhere Sunday Oliseh shows up; if this doesn’t happen with most people and often happens with oliseh then common denominator is probably oliseh. A smart emotionally matured people sanction themselves and are often very measured. Many of us have encountered situation where we opted not to blow our tops. And in the end are grateful we didn’t. This is the way the world works. Heathy Relationships is everything. The raw suffer head mentality we bring to grievances in naija will only hurt your course in the west.

_________________
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:52 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 37372
Location: UK
Odas wrote:
miky wrote:
Where are the magas on this forum that where insulting oliseh and laughing at him? black man getting oppostion both home and away, you got to be strong and not passive, or else you will turn slave in oyinbo land

... the most painful aspect of it is one's own people laughing at him/her. Compare it to having issues at work and instead of one's relative providing emotional support or suggestions at least, the relative turns against you, yet he/she wasn't available when the commotion took place

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=286311

Oya, show us the 'jubilators'.
People were sad, angry (at Oliseh) or both.
To his credit, it was Waffiman that told all of us (including you, Odas) to calm down because we hadn't heard both sides of the story.
That people were critical of Oliseh by no means meant they were 'laughing' at him.

That's the victim mentality which we so like to indulge in as Nigerians.
We always believe we have 'enemies' doing us, waiting to see us fail, like say dem no get any other work.

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:27 pm
Posts: 6552
miky wrote:
Where are the magas on this forum that where insulting oliseh and laughing at him? black man getting oppostion both home and away, you got to be strong and not passive, or else you will turn slave in oyinbo land


He was correctly called out for going on twitter to voice what appear, even now, to be unsubstantiated allegations. Many who called him out after seeing a pattern of behaviour were very happy for him when he was appointed by Nigeria, and then by Sittard. I am again very happy for him that he can now move on. I hope he gets a new gig soon and learns from this experience.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:52 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:37 pm
Posts: 16783
aruako1 wrote:
miky wrote:
Where are the magas on this forum that where insulting oliseh and laughing at him? black man getting oppostion both home and away, you got to be strong and not passive, or else you will turn slave in oyinbo land


He was correctly called out for going on twitter to voice what appear, even now, to be unsubstantiated allegations Many who called him out after seeing a pattern of behaviour were very happy for him when he was appointed by Nigeria, and then by Sittard.. I am again very happy for him that he can now move on. I hope he gets a new gig soon and learns from this experience.

:agree:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:49 pm
Posts: 73192
Location: Accra, Old Trafford, Takoradi, Canada
Damunk wrote:
Odas wrote:
miky wrote:
Where are the magas on this forum that where insulting oliseh and laughing at him? black man getting oppostion both home and away, you got to be strong and not passive, or else you will turn slave in oyinbo land

... the most painful aspect of it is one's own people laughing at him/her. Compare it to having issues at work and instead of one's relative providing emotional support or suggestions at least, the relative turns against you, yet he/she wasn't available when the commotion took place

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=286311

Oya, show us the 'jubilators'.
People were sad, angry (at Oliseh) or both.
To his credit, it was Waffiman that told all of us (including you, Odas) to calm down because we hadn't heard both sides of the story.
That people were critical of Oliseh by no means meant they were 'laughing' at him.

That's the victim mentality which we so like to indulge in as Nigerians.
We always believe we have 'enemies' doing us, waiting to see us fail, like say dem no get any other work
.


:clap:
hence the misuse of the word 'haters', which i hate hate hate

congrats to Oliseh - very happy for him

_________________

Fine Jersey FC

WC Quarter Finals sweet o
DNA no good o


@the Mod who deleted my Fine Jersey FC crying thread...dis 1-2 pain you


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 12:20 pm
Posts: 1464
Location: UK
So what is the outcome? Has the club been found guilty of clandestine operations? Has Oliseh got his job back? Just trying to understand what the jubilation is about.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:51 am
Posts: 26784
Location: Southern Hemisphere
ogiso wrote:
So what is the outcome? Has the club been found guilty of clandestine operations? Has Oliseh got his job back? Just trying to understand what the jubilation is about.


It restores his integrity, which will probably be crucial as a black man looking for employment in Europe.

_________________
Bixente Lizarazu once described Spain’s football - which won them two European titles and a World Cup - as “love without the sex. It lacks a bit of spice”. News.com.au


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 12:20 pm
Posts: 1464
Location: UK
So has the club been found guilty by arbitrators of the charge Oliseh levelled at them?

Tbite wrote:
ogiso wrote:
So what is the outcome? Has the club been found guilty of clandestine operations? Has Oliseh got his job back? Just trying to understand what the jubilation is about.


It restores his integrity, which will probably be crucial as a black man looking for employment in Europe.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:27 pm
Posts: 6552
tfco wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Odas wrote:
miky wrote:
Where are the magas on this forum that where insulting oliseh and laughing at him? black man getting oppostion both home and away, you got to be strong and not passive, or else you will turn slave in oyinbo land

... the most painful aspect of it is one's own people laughing at him/her. Compare it to having issues at work and instead of one's relative providing emotional support or suggestions at least, the relative turns against you, yet he/she wasn't available when the commotion took place

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=286311

Oya, show us the 'jubilators'.
People were sad, angry (at Oliseh) or both.
To his credit, it was Waffiman that told all of us (including you, Odas) to calm down because we hadn't heard both sides of the story.
That people were critical of Oliseh by no means meant they were 'laughing' at him.

That's the victim mentality which we so like to indulge in as Nigerians.
We always believe we have 'enemies' doing us, waiting to see us fail, like say dem no get any other work
.


:clap:
hence the misuse of the word 'haters', which i hate hate hate

congrats to Oliseh - very happy for him


I detest the use of that word.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 1:49 pm
Posts: 3322
Seems like a big standard arbitration settlement to me.
The dismissal is upheld but the employer is required to pay a reasonable notice period.
No fault assumed by either side.
Allows everyone to depart with face saved.

_________________
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:35 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 48790
metalalloy wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

His contract being terminated or not is irrelevant. The decision of the tribunal overruled Sittard's actions re Oliseh.

Oliseh is effectively on what is known in England as Gardening leave. It means, you get paid for not working cos you are contracted. However, it also means Oliseh cannot seek another employment until he is released from his contract with Sittard. This can only happen if Sittard pay up.


How were Sittards actions "overruled" if he is not reinstated as the head coach ( the outcome Oliseh sought)?

Oliseh was suspended by his club. The matter went before the Dutch FA's arbitration committee to see if the club could terminate his contract. So his contract being terminated or not is relevant as that was actually what was before the arbitration committee. This arbitrators appears to be holding that the club could not terminate his contract (hence he gets paid off the remainder of his contract till it runs out which i presume is in May that Oliseh referenced in his tweet). However, the club is not forced to re-institute him as the head coach.

Hopefully the arbitration decision is posted somewhere as the article in E2's OP get k leg. An arbitration committee doesn't generally determine "Guilt" or "Innocence"


In terms of getting paid a salary, it is overruled. Oliseh will now be paid as he his contracted. Usually, in contracts like this, it will also include bonuses for the team's achievements even though he is no longer involved.

_________________
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:59 pm
Posts: 58298
Oliseh still celebrating his "victory".


_________________
Image
http://www.naijiant.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:27 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 45044
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Enugu II wrote:
Quote:
Sunday Oliseh defeats Dutch club in KNVB tribunal
https://www.today.ng/sport/football/103499/sunday-oliseh-defeats-dutch-club-knvb-tribunal
ByAustin Peters -April 6, 2018


The Royal Dutch Football Association (KNVB) tribunal has found second division club Fortuna Sittard guilty of ‘black money payment’ and has ruled that they must pay their suspended Nigerian coach Sunday Oliseh part of his salary as compensation.

‘Black money payment’ is an illegal payment for a job done in which tax is not paid to the government and it is punishable in the Netherlands.

Reports in Dutch outlets confirmed the KNVB verdict and added that the tribunal also ruled that Oliseh is obliged to return to his post as Fortuna Sittard’s manager till the end of May.

“I’m delighted at the ruling and the most important thing for me in the judgment was that it was stated that they did not find anywhere that I was a bad employee,” Oliseh said shortly after he left the tribunal. “The judgment came like an hour ago; it’s a 20-page judgment. My assistant coaches will also be compensated.



“The Federation gave the President of Fortuna Sittard (Isitan Gun) one week to pay me the compensation or to withdraw the request to terminate my contract. If he does withdraw it means he will pay more that the stipulated compensation fee.”

Oliseh however did not reveal the amount he will be compensated with.

Meanwhile, It was also reliably gathered that Oliseh will sue the President of Fortuna Sittard for damages in the coming weeks.

The former Super Eagles captain and captain also took to Twitter to share the good news.

“Dutch court finds Fortuna Sittard guilty for not being a good employer to Sunday Oliseh and sanctions Fortuna. Most importantly The Knvb Court stated that Oliseh has not acted as a bad employee!” Oliseh wrote on Twitter.

“Consequentially, negating false claims made by Fortuna. God is great!

“The court further sanctions Fortuna Sittard to compensate me (Oliseh) financially immediately.

“I am obliged to stay as a Fortuna employee till the month of May 2018.Thanks 2 all my well wishers for your valued support all through this injustice. Thankful to God 4 his blessings!”


Need to see the actual judgment.

Thought that Oliseh was seeking to return as coach?

_________________
I pledge to Nigeria my country
To be faithful, loyal and honest
To serve Nigeria with all my strength
To defend her unity and uphold her honor and glory
So help me God.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:36 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 45044
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
smartbrother wrote:
which one are we to believe :lol:
Quote:
Fortuna Sittard WINS arbitration case against former trainer Oliseh
https://www.nu.nl/voetbal/5210621/fortu ... liseh.html

[translated]
Fortuna Sittard has won the arbitration case against Sunday Oliseh. The 43-year-old Nigerian the Limburg club have thereby not re-employed.

Fortuna Sittard was attacked by Oliseh after they had put him halfway through February on hold because of "repeated culpable act by the trainer to several people in the Organization".
Oliseh was there absolutely disagree and remarkably, immediately wanted to his job in the Fortuna Sittard Stadium back

The Arbitration Committee of the KNVB suggested Fortuna Sittard Friday, however, the right and came to the conclusion that there is a disturbed labour relationship.
Oliseh gave Fortuna Sittard at the end of december a period title. Right after the winter break, continued good performance. The former player, Borussia Dortmund and Juventus found its selection too narrow and clashed with the Board.

Salary
Fortuna Sittard of the Arbitration Committee must still pay a portion of the salary of Oliseh.
President Isitan Gün is happy that everyone within the Club are now just focus on the razendspannende title race in the Jupiler League.
"This independent Commission has studied in detail and is the case up to the official conclusion that Mr Oliseh no longer can return as head coach. That was his main requirement and that is now rejected, "says Gün.
"In addition, we are pleased that the efforts of the Lord Riordan to the heart of the matter, by unsubstantiated allegations and allegations to express, have found no hearing before the Commission."
Fortuna Sittard occupied with five more rounds to go, handsome the lead on the second level in Netherlands. The gap on the numbers two and three, NEC and Jong Ajax, however, amounts to just one point. The team of the Portuguese trainer Claudio Braga goes Friday on visit at Go Ahead Eagles


This sounds more plausible.

They basically asked that he be paid until the end of the season. He didn't get what he wanted regarding them retaining him as coach. They have to honor his contract.

If Oliseh 'won', I expect criminal charges against the club and its chairman.

_________________
I pledge to Nigeria my country
To be faithful, loyal and honest
To serve Nigeria with all my strength
To defend her unity and uphold her honor and glory
So help me God.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:57 am
Posts: 5042
Location: Ajegunle
That's my guy. This guy has always been highly principled. I feel like it's a personal victory for me. Well done Oliseh!!!

_________________
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:40 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 48790
Cellular wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
which one are we to believe :lol:
Quote:
Fortuna Sittard WINS arbitration case against former trainer Oliseh
https://www.nu.nl/voetbal/5210621/fortu ... liseh.html

[translated]
Fortuna Sittard has won the arbitration case against Sunday Oliseh. The 43-year-old Nigerian the Limburg club have thereby not re-employed.

Fortuna Sittard was attacked by Oliseh after they had put him halfway through February on hold because of "repeated culpable act by the trainer to several people in the Organization".
Oliseh was there absolutely disagree and remarkably, immediately wanted to his job in the Fortuna Sittard Stadium back

The Arbitration Committee of the KNVB suggested Fortuna Sittard Friday, however, the right and came to the conclusion that there is a disturbed labour relationship.
Oliseh gave Fortuna Sittard at the end of december a period title. Right after the winter break, continued good performance. The former player, Borussia Dortmund and Juventus found its selection too narrow and clashed with the Board.

Salary
Fortuna Sittard of the Arbitration Committee must still pay a portion of the salary of Oliseh.
President Isitan Gün is happy that everyone within the Club are now just focus on the razendspannende title race in the Jupiler League.
"This independent Commission has studied in detail and is the case up to the official conclusion that Mr Oliseh no longer can return as head coach. That was his main requirement and that is now rejected, "says Gün.
"In addition, we are pleased that the efforts of the Lord Riordan to the heart of the matter, by unsubstantiated allegations and allegations to express, have found no hearing before the Commission."
Fortuna Sittard occupied with five more rounds to go, handsome the lead on the second level in Netherlands. The gap on the numbers two and three, NEC and Jong Ajax, however, amounts to just one point. The team of the Portuguese trainer Claudio Braga goes Friday on visit at Go Ahead Eagles


This sounds more plausible.

They basically asked that he be paid until the end of the season. He didn't get what he wanted regarding them retaining him as coach. They have to honor his contract.

If Oliseh 'won', I expect criminal charges against the club and its chairman.


Oliseh seeking to return as Coach was compulsory and I know this from personal experience from years ago when I took my then employers to court.

I told my lawyer I did not want to return because my working environment was racist. My lawyer said then I had no case because I had denied myself employment. I must express my desire to return even if I did not to have a case.

Oliseh is not wanted by his ex-employer, he does not want to go back either but to have a case he has to make this the central part of his case. If he says he does not want the job anymore then why is he fighting the case.

_________________
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:58 pm
Posts: 20986
Location: Ukwuani
Damunk wrote:
Odas wrote:
miky wrote:
Where are the magas on this forum that where insulting oliseh and laughing at him? black man getting oppostion both home and away, you got to be strong and not passive, or else you will turn slave in oyinbo land

... the most painful aspect of it is one's own people laughing at him/her. Compare it to having issues at work and instead of one's relative providing emotional support or suggestions at least, the relative turns against you, yet he/she wasn't available when the commotion took place

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=286311

Oya, show us the 'jubilators'.
People were sad, angry (at Oliseh) or both.
To his credit, it was Waffiman that told all of us (including you, Odas) to calm down because we hadn't heard both sides of the story.
That people were critical of Oliseh by no means meant they were 'laughing' at him.

That's the victim mentality which we so like to indulge in as Nigerians.
We always believe we have 'enemies' doing us, waiting to see us fail, like say dem no get any other work.

Nope! No one told me to calm down because I wasn't of any opinion at first. Somewhere along the line, I blamed Oliseh for taking to tweeter and wished he had spoken through his lawyers. Finally, I opted to remain neutral until the details are known. Thus, nope; no one told me to calm down.

_________________
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:58 pm
Posts: 20986
Location: Ukwuani
Waffiman wrote:
Cellular wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
which one are we to believe :lol:
Quote:
Fortuna Sittard WINS arbitration case against former trainer Oliseh
https://www.nu.nl/voetbal/5210621/fortu ... liseh.html

[translated]
Fortuna Sittard has won the arbitration case against Sunday Oliseh. The 43-year-old Nigerian the Limburg club have thereby not re-employed.

Fortuna Sittard was attacked by Oliseh after they had put him halfway through February on hold because of "repeated culpable act by the trainer to several people in the Organization".
Oliseh was there absolutely disagree and remarkably, immediately wanted to his job in the Fortuna Sittard Stadium back

The Arbitration Committee of the KNVB suggested Fortuna Sittard Friday, however, the right and came to the conclusion that there is a disturbed labour relationship.
Oliseh gave Fortuna Sittard at the end of december a period title. Right after the winter break, continued good performance. The former player, Borussia Dortmund and Juventus found its selection too narrow and clashed with the Board.

Salary
Fortuna Sittard of the Arbitration Committee must still pay a portion of the salary of Oliseh.
President Isitan Gün is happy that everyone within the Club are now just focus on the razendspannende title race in the Jupiler League.
"This independent Commission has studied in detail and is the case up to the official conclusion that Mr Oliseh no longer can return as head coach. That was his main requirement and that is now rejected, "says Gün.
"In addition, we are pleased that the efforts of the Lord Riordan to the heart of the matter, by unsubstantiated allegations and allegations to express, have found no hearing before the Commission."
Fortuna Sittard occupied with five more rounds to go, handsome the lead on the second level in Netherlands. The gap on the numbers two and three, NEC and Jong Ajax, however, amounts to just one point. The team of the Portuguese trainer Claudio Braga goes Friday on visit at Go Ahead Eagles


This sounds more plausible.

They basically asked that he be paid until the end of the season. He didn't get what he wanted regarding them retaining him as coach. They have to honor his contract.

If Oliseh 'won', I expect criminal charges against the club and its chairman.


Oliseh seeking to return as Coach was compulsory and I know this from personal experience from years ago when I took my then employers to court.

I told my lawyer I did not want to return because my working environment was racist. My lawyer said then I had no case because I had denied myself employment. I must express my desire to return even if I did not to have a case
.

Oliseh is not wanted by his ex-employer, he does not want to go back either but to have a case he has to make this the central part of his case. If he says he does not want the job anymore then why is he fighting the case.

Thanks Waffiman! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Some of us - here - sometimes just want to talk even when we have no idea of what we are saying. Certainly, many people in this Forum hasn't been in a COURT battle with Oyibo people; therefore, doesn't know how the system works and are not in a position to say much, but unfortunately, they do

_________________
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.


Last edited by Odas on Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:58 pm
Posts: 20986
Location: Ukwuani
Damunk wrote:
Odas wrote:
miky wrote:
Where are the magas on this forum that where insulting oliseh and laughing at him? black man getting oppostion both home and away, you got to be strong and not passive, or else you will turn slave in oyinbo land

... the most painful aspect of it is one's own people laughing at him/her. Compare it to having issues at work and instead of one's relative providing emotional support or suggestions at least, the relative turns against you, yet he/she wasn't available when the commotion took place

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=286311

Oya, show us the 'jubilators'.
People were sad, angry (at Oliseh) or both.
To his credit, it was Waffiman that told all of us (including you, Odas) to calm down because we hadn't heard both sides of the story.
That people were critical of Oliseh by no means meant they were 'laughing' at him.

That's the victim mentality which we so like to indulge in as Nigerians.
We always believe we have 'enemies' doing us, waiting to see us fail, like say dem no get any other work
.

Chief Damunk, when you are critical of a person in his/her time of distress, you are certainly not in support of the individual - at least - emotionally. It is even more true when you do so without knowing the DETAILS of the issue at hand. There is what is called 'PROFESSIONAL CRITICISM.' It is an avenue leading to self evaluation and development

In this issue and in this Forum, there exist those who already took to the side of the Club and against Oliseh and, immediately began reminding us of what - Chief Solowe - has predicted will happen. Damunk, what classification will you give such if they were not happy, jubilating and indeed laughing?

Oga Damunk, I will not call names (name names as some of us would say), but from the link you provided, please go through the posts and those who were laughing, based on the content of their mails or rather based on their choice of words are very clearly there for all to see

_________________
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:39 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 45044
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Waffiman wrote:
Cellular wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
which one are we to believe :lol:
Quote:
Fortuna Sittard WINS arbitration case against former trainer Oliseh
https://www.nu.nl/voetbal/5210621/fortu ... liseh.html

[translated]
Fortuna Sittard has won the arbitration case against Sunday Oliseh. The 43-year-old Nigerian the Limburg club have thereby not re-employed.

Fortuna Sittard was attacked by Oliseh after they had put him halfway through February on hold because of "repeated culpable act by the trainer to several people in the Organization".
Oliseh was there absolutely disagree and remarkably, immediately wanted to his job in the Fortuna Sittard Stadium back

The Arbitration Committee of the KNVB suggested Fortuna Sittard Friday, however, the right and came to the conclusion that there is a disturbed labour relationship.
Oliseh gave Fortuna Sittard at the end of december a period title. Right after the winter break, continued good performance. The former player, Borussia Dortmund and Juventus found its selection too narrow and clashed with the Board.

Salary
Fortuna Sittard of the Arbitration Committee must still pay a portion of the salary of Oliseh.
President Isitan Gün is happy that everyone within the Club are now just focus on the razendspannende title race in the Jupiler League.
"This independent Commission has studied in detail and is the case up to the official conclusion that Mr Oliseh no longer can return as head coach. That was his main requirement and that is now rejected, "says Gün.
"In addition, we are pleased that the efforts of the Lord Riordan to the heart of the matter, by unsubstantiated allegations and allegations to express, have found no hearing before the Commission."
Fortuna Sittard occupied with five more rounds to go, handsome the lead on the second level in Netherlands. The gap on the numbers two and three, NEC and Jong Ajax, however, amounts to just one point. The team of the Portuguese trainer Claudio Braga goes Friday on visit at Go Ahead Eagles


This sounds more plausible.

They basically asked that he be paid until the end of the season. He didn't get what he wanted regarding them retaining him as coach. They have to honor his contract.

If Oliseh 'won', I expect criminal charges against the club and its chairman.


Oliseh seeking to return as Coach was compulsory and I know this from personal experience from years ago when I took my then employers to court.

I told my lawyer I did not want to return because my working environment was racist. My lawyer said then I had no case because I had denied myself employment. I must express my desire to return even if I did not to have a case.

Oliseh is not wanted by his ex-employer, he does not want to go back either but to have a case he has to make this the central part of his case. If he says he does not want the job anymore then why is he fighting the case.


Waffi, you are extrapolating what was not reached in the judgment.

He remains suspended and the club is mandated to honor his contract.
Club was trying to wriggle out of the obligation of paying him.

In most cases, if you win, you will be compensated for the full value of your contract or until you find another job. Depending on your contract.

The judgment did not state that the club was guilty of what Oliseh charged them of doing. Rather, that they owed him for his wages.

Again, when the story broke, it was about the use of Social Media to level such strong charges (criminal in nature) against his 'former' club. Some believed he went about it the right way. Some like me didn't.

Please, show us where the court of arbitration was found guilty of the charges leveled against them by Oliseh? The next step is for the Dutch authorities to begin a criminal investigation on whether the club is guilty of tax evasion or attempting to engage Oliseh in perpetrating fraud against the government.

_________________
I pledge to Nigeria my country
To be faithful, loyal and honest
To serve Nigeria with all my strength
To defend her unity and uphold her honor and glory
So help me God.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], guesswho, john12, truetalk and 40 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group