OLISEH wins case against Sittard? [Title Modified]

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

niyi
Egg
Egg
Re: OLISEH wins case against Sittard......

Post by niyi »

Arbitration committee rules in favor of Fortuna in case against Oliseh

Earlier today the KNVB Arbitration Committee informed Fortuna Sittard that it has ruled in favor of the club in the case against Sunday Oliseh. The arbitration proceedings were initiated by Oliseh to enforce his return as a coach after he had been suspended on February 14 due to culpable and unacceptable conduct. His return is ruled out due to the decision of the Arbitration Committee, and Oliseh can not return to his position. The reason for this is, according to the Arbitration Committee, that the employment relationship is too disrupted.

During the hearing, Oliseh's lawyer argued several points on the basis of which Oliseh should return in his role. Fortuna Sittard, through its lawyer Frans de Weger, argued that there was indeed a disrupted employment relationship on account of Oliseh. Ultimately, the Arbitration Committee did not agree with the allegations made by the Oliseh party. However, Fortuna Sittard still wants to pay Olise is a part of his salary, the committee has also decided. This had already been anticipated by Fortuna and is not unusual in this type of case, in which the degree of guilt on the part of Oliseh was tasks into account when determining the compensation.

Chairman Isitan Gün is particularly pleased that "We are happy with the outcome in the case and the verdict of the Dutch Arbitration Court which we received today. This independent court has studied the case in detail and has now officially decided that Mr. Oliseh can not be reinstated in his position as Head Coach. That was his principal claim and that is now rejected. We are also happy that Mr. Oliseh's efforts to distract the case by a campaign full of unfounded allegations did not resonate with the court. We can now finally focus on the last matches in the season and hope that we will continue the positive sporting performances after Oliseh's suspension. As I said before, it is more important to achieve good results in a respectful harmony. "

https://www.fortunasittard.nl/nieuws/ar ... iseh-nleng
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

charlie wrote:Very happy for him. I was always sure there was some serious corruption involved and he would be exonerated in court.
well, apart from Nigerian websites i don't see this "guilty of black money" verdict being carried anywhere
all the dutch websites are reporting a "victory" for Fortuna
anyway good luck to oliseh.
hopefully he doesn't get blacklisted and finds another gig soon
we need him as far away from the Nigerian team as possible
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

niyi wrote:this is an Oliseh twist on things.
Bros Niyi, hold on for now. There is confusion and the ruling is not clear yet.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Wow! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Another report says both Oliseh and Fortuna are claiming victory...

https://translate.google.ca/translate?h ... rev=search
Fortuna Sittard does not have to take Sunday Oliseh back into service.
The club's former coach had filed a case with the KNVB against the current leader from the Jupiler League, who put him out of action halfway through February because of "repeatedly culpable actions by the trainer against several people in the organization".

Oliseh did not agree and wanted his job back. An independent arbitration committee came to the conclusion that there is a disrupted employment relationship and that the coach can not return to work in Sittard.

However, Fortuna Oliseh still has to pay part of his salary: 90,000 euros gross.

Reactions
Chairman Isitan Gün: "We are delighted with the outcome of this case. (...) This was his most important demand, which has now been rejected, and we are pleased that Mr. Oliseh's efforts to get rid of the essence of the case. to distract, by making unfounded accusations and allegations, did not find any response to the commission. "

Oliseh also sees himself as the winner.

Sunday Oliseh
@SundayOOliseh
Dutch court finds Fortuna Sittard guilty for not being a good employer to Sunday Oliseh and sanctions Fortuna. Most importantly The Knvb Court stated that Oliseh has not acted as a bad Employee!!
Consequentally negating false claims by Fortuna. God is Great!

"The court finds that Fortuna is guilty of bad employer towards Sunday Oliseh and punishes the club," the trainer tweeted.

@SundayOOliseh
2/2
The court further sanctions Fortuna Sittard compensate me (Oliseh) immediately financially .
I am obliged to stay as Fortuna Employee till the month of May 2018.Thanks 2 all my well wishers for your valued support all through this injustice.Thankful to God 4 his blessings!

"Most importantly, the court is of the opinion that Oliseh did not behave like a bad employee, Fortuna was also punished by having to compensate me immediately, I would like to thank the people who wanted me the most for all their valued support during this injustice. " ( FOX Sports )
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Odas wrote:
Read my post above.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Woweee!!!! Congrats Sunny!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: OLSEH wins case against Sittard......

Post by metalalloy »

Odas wrote:
metalalloy wrote:WOW! :shock: congrats to him!
What? Were you not one of the people who thought Oliseh was at fault and refused to give him the 'benefit of the doubt - if I am correct? Sorry, if I am wrong with my position about you. However, I know many of them here, I just won't call names

Again, as you were advised by Chief Ogbunigwe in the original thread,
"It is a misconception that those who criticized his response to the club's actions are "CLEARLY against him".
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

niyi wrote:
Odas wrote:
Read my post above.
I saw your post in above, but there seem to be another source saying a different thing, else where did Oliseh get his information and posted (tweeted) as such?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Odas wrote:

The ruling is very clear. Both sides are claiming victory. Oliseh gets paid what he is owned and Sittard is not forced to keep him as a coach as the working relationship is fractured beyond repair.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

cic old boy wrote:All those that besmirched the guy here can line up and offer their apologies.
I assume from his tweet that he stays on until the end of the season.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Honestly I dont know who to believe anymore.
It seems the court has ruled that Fortuna does not have to bring back Oliseh, but they must pay him his full salary for the season (apprx 90K Euros).

So nobody really won out at the end.
Oliseh can appeal, or move on. I suggest that if he wants another coaching job in Europe, he should just let it go and move on.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

metalalloy wrote:
Odas wrote:
What? Were you not one of the people who thought Oliseh was at fault and refused to give him the 'benefit of the doubt - if I am correct? Sorry, if I am wrong with my position about you. However, I know many of them here, I just won't call names
"It is a misconception that those who criticized his response to the club's actions are "CLEARLY against him".
... what was your advice or comments to the issue when all this began? If you criticized, did you criticize from a neutral person's position or from that of the "I told you so?' Just asking
Last edited by Odas on Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

charlie wrote:Honestly I dont know who to believe anymore.
It seems the court has ruled that Fortuna does not have to bring back Oliseh, but they must pay him his full salary for the season (apprx 90K Euros).

Oliseh can appeal, or move on. I suggest that if he wants another coaching job in Europe, he should just let it go and move on.
I think collecting his pay and moving-on might be the best. Just let it go, thought a lawsuit (if permitted) would have rectified some things in general for the coach
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Odas wrote:

I think collecting his pay and moving-on might be the best. Just let it go, thought a lawsuit (if permitted) would have rectified some things in general for the coach
I dont think any club will argue that there was some wuru wuru involved in his firing. I dont think any club will doubt that Sunday was fired because he didnt want to be part of any scandal.
If he lets it go, collects his money and moves on, he can really salvage his career. Its a shame his career in the Netherlands is over, but I am sure he will find a club willing to try him out in Belgium or Germany.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Odas wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Odas wrote:
... what what was your advice or comments to the issue when all this began? If you criticized, did you criticize from a neutral person's position or from that of the "I told you so?' Just asking

The thread is still there, and the search function still works abi?There are 11 pages for you to peruse. While you are it, look at the thread Solowe started when he was appointed as manager at Sittard to see how much we "criticized" oliseh as well.

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

cchinukw wrote:
cic old boy wrote:All those that besmirched the guy here can line up and offer their apologies.

Yes, but not as the head coach. IIRC, he was initially suspended from his duties as the head coach. I can't recall if his contract was actually terminated.

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

metalalloy wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
Yes, but not as the head coach. IIRC, he was initially suspended from his duties as the head coach. I can't recall if his contract was actually terminated.
His contract being terminated or not is irrelevant. The decision of the tribunal overruled Sittard's actions re Oliseh.

Oliseh is effectively on what is known in England as Gardening leave. It means, you get paid for not working cos you are contracted. However, it also means Oliseh cannot seek another employment until he is released from his contract with Sittard. This can only happen if Sittard pay up.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Waffiman wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
His contract being terminated or not is irrelevant. The decision of the tribunal overruled Sittard's actions re Oliseh.

Oliseh is effectively on what is known in England as Gardening leave. It means, you get paid for not working cos you are contracted. However, it also means Oliseh cannot seek another employment until he is released from his contract with Sittard.
Coaches have to get paid till the end of their contracts, right? Not sure this is special in anyway
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Waffiman wrote:

Oliseh is effectively on what is known in England as Gardening leave. It means, you get paid for not working cos you are contracted. However, it also means Oliseh cannot seek another employment until he is released from his contract with Sittard. This can only happen if Sittard pay up.
How were Sittards actions "overruled" if he is not reinstated as the head coach ( the outcome Oliseh sought)?

Oliseh was suspended by his club. The matter went before the Dutch FA's arbitration committee to see if the club could terminate his contract. So his contract being terminated or not is relevant as that was actually what was before the arbitration committee. This arbitrators appears to be holding that the club could not terminate his contract (hence he gets paid off the remainder of his contract till it runs out which i presume is in May that Oliseh referenced in his tweet). However, the club is not forced to re-institute him as the head coach.

Hopefully the arbitration decision is posted somewhere as the article in E2's OP get k leg. An arbitration committee doesn't generally determine "Guilt" or "Innocence"

Eclipse
Egg
Egg
Re: OLISEH wins case against Sittard? [Title Modified]

Post by Eclipse »

Good. He is on gardening leave and the club have to pay u his contract. Sunday should not even consider going back to sittard in ligt of how he was treated. The important thing is he did nothing wrong and the arbitration ruled accordingly. At some point Sittard will have to answer to their under the table method of paying staff and considering their previous records with dodgy dealings its a matter of time till that comes to a head. Sunday will be fine and will move onto another gig.
only the super eagles of nigeria are capable of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory-total football magazine circa june 02'
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

metalalloy wrote:
Odas wrote:

The ruling is very clear. Both sides are claiming victory. Oliseh gets paid what he is owned and Sittard is not forced to keep him as a coach as the working relationship is fractured beyond repair.
Pretty much. Apparently a win-win situation. Hopefully Oliseh gets another job in Europe having proven himself at Fortuna.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Nothing more to add. Emphasis on your last sentence.