FRANCE 8 vs NIGERIA 0 (FT)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Oguleftie
Egg
Egg
Re: FRANCE 8 vs NIGERIA 0 (FT)

Post by Oguleftie »

Sir V wrote:
Oguleftie wrote:What did you expect with a foreign coach?
You forgot to realise that the damage had been done by our local coaches. :)
The damage is done by the foreign coach who destroyed what their two last female coaches (working together) created.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Sir V wrote:
Oguleftie wrote:What did you expect with a foreign coach?
You forgot to realise that the damage had been done by our local coaches. :)
Prof, abegi which "damage" be dat?
Because they were last seen WINNING another AWC under 'our local coaches'!

BTW, they WON that trophy under 'our local coaches' with virtually NO proper preparation at all (hastily assembled squad with NO formal friendly games) and with said "local coaches" reportedly NOT paid a penny for the entire NINE MONTHS from appointment up to (and after) winning the AWC. Even when the 'our local coach' Florence Omagbemi lost her father during that period, she was still not paid to even enable her bury him with some dignity. Furthermore, during the entire pre-AWC camp and the tournament itself, the players were NOT paid their allowances/bonuses. So, perhaps the sort of veritable miracle that 'our local coaches' perform in WINNING championships under intolerable conditions is perhaps what WOWO folks refer to as "damage"! SMDH@ fvckery!

When, after 'our local coach' Edwin Okon took yet another hastily-assembled Falcons squad (again with no pre-AWC friendlies at all) to WIN the 2014 AWC and qualify Nigeria for the 2015 Women's World Cup in Canada, not a single friendly game was organized for the team for the entire SEVEN MONTH period from qualification up to arriving in Canada for the WWC itself (despite loquacious promises to the contrary). Yet when 'our local coach' Okon arrived in Canada, he was expected to perform miracles with a team and group of players that he had not seen play in anger for seven months, and was roundly lambasted by the WOWO crowd on these same pages as a so-called praying coach.

I hate whenever any Nigerian national team loses, regardless of who is coaching the team (even when I personally could not care for the coach - as with Lazy Betty and the Power-Pointing Pensioner Lars Loserback), but these sorts of outcomes merely reaffirms the obvious (that is, obvious to perhaps all but WOWO worshipers) that regardless of the nationality and/or color of the coach (or whomever it may be) we still have to get the basics and fundamentals right, and unless and until we do so we are merely living on borrowed time. That is the primary reason that I took issue with some of the folks that criticized U20 coach Bala Nikyu, even while admitting that I could not vouch for his technical prowess, because you cannot fairly or accurately evaluate a coach with barely 2 weeks to assemble a squad.

SIR V, with due respect to your nous in the field of Dropology (real and imagine), the primary problem of the Super Falcons has/had NOTHING to do with the nationality and/or skin color of the coaches - except perhaps that the veritable MIRACLES being routinely and repeatedly performed by 'our local coaches' (who are regularly derided by the likes of you and the rest of the WOWO tribe) has bequeathed Nigerians with a false sense of capacity and unrealistic expectations, and a failure to adequately comprehend the nexus between preparation, support and performance or accomplishment. Instead misguided WOWO folks falsely believe that all we need is to appoint an Oyinbo coach (and it apparently does not matter what his individual records are because after all "Oyinbo na Oyinbo").

Frankly, the only tortured validity to the mentally-subjugated WOWO worldview is that the NFF folks probably share in such subjugated mentality and thus will strive to put in place the necessary off-field support and structure necessary to support the work of the coaching staff - for example, already the Falcons' new foreign coach have had the benefit of a friendly game that 'our local coaches' have not had in MANY years (and against the sort of quality opposition that 'our local coaches' never enjoyed).
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

The lowlights... :oops:

[/video]
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

can we please hide this thread from TFCO?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

Gotti wrote:The lowlights... :oops:

[/video]
Well, that was embarrassing to watch. We are lucky Ogolo violated his parole again. Kai. :oops: :oops:

I shudder to think of what would have been said on this forum had a black Nigerian manager been in charge of such a shambolic performance .... in a world where winning the African Women's Cup is seen as failure by the Federation and by some fans.

PS: Who is this Aminata Diallo that is following to pile on the misery? Ou est la solidarite Africain? :mad:

PPS: Ogolo, if you are really in prison, no vex o. I did not know. Stay strong. This too shall pass. :)
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

The fluidity of the French game is what did the Falcons in.
While they were used to the opposition having ten touches on the ball and losing it,
they were stunned by a team passing the ball with one or two touches directly to a
teammate or into the right space.
I hope the football federation realize that proper preparation is needed for success,
as a hasty assemblage of 'Oyingbo' market women would not have done worse.

As for the issue of the coaches, I hope the NFF can see that foreign or local coaches
need time and strong opposition friendlies to help prepare teams.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
A GAME THAT SOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN PLAYED/ USELESS KEEPER

Post by jette1 »

make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg
Re: A GAME THAT SOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN PLAYED/ USELESS KEEPE

Post by DIMKA76 »

Being a goalkeeper is not easy, The person you are referring to simply hasn't even got the basics right. I can see from the video she falls rather than gets down on the ball. The latter is quite painful and is one of the basics - Flinging yourself to the ground. That said, I have broken fingers to show for my exploits in goal during my playing days. No way can she be faulted for all of the goals.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

When was the last time we lost heavily?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Just understand that women goalkeepers are not quick on the ball or have the reach of men goalkeepers in the main. I saw that video and while the goalie could be blamed for a few of the goals, the defense had a significant share of the blame.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

[/video]

I thought it was 8-2 . That is some serious flogging.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The Eagle wrote:

[/video]
Well, that was embarrassing to watch. We are lucky Ogolo violated his parole again. Kai. :oops: :oops:

I shudder to think of what would have been said on this forum had a black Nigerian manager been in charge of such a shambolic performance .... in a world where winning the African Women's Cup is seen as failure by the Federation and by some fans.

PS: Who is this Aminata Diallo that is following to pile on the misery? Ou est la solidarite Africain? :mad:

PPS: Ogolo, if you are really in prison, no vex o. I did not know. Stay strong. This too shall pass. :)
Bros, you only have to do a search of this site for the November night when Germany beat the Falcons 8-0 under Uche Eucharia's management. Your guess is as good as mine on who took the blame and what was stated.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
mcal wrote:
Gotti wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:They haven’t played a friendly since 2016 and then play France well yeah that sounds right!
Friendly? They haven't even been together much less play any games at all...
Last seen they were marching through the streets of Abuja in protest over stolen/unpaid bonuses.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nigeria oh Nigeria!
It's the Nigerian way to never plan then hope and pray :clap:
But it may also have worked..somehow :D
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

So nobody owes us an explanation?

They have all gone silent:
The coach?
The NFF?
The girls?

I guess we'll just have to make do with Jette 1's very insightful observation that the girls shouldn't have been snapping at the airport. :?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Was that our oyinbo coach smiling with French coach after that whooping? Na Real wa!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!