Balogun Makes Team of the Week

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Balogun Makes Team of the Week

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/b ... -the-week/

He made the Budesliga team of the week according to whoscored.com . The same guy that CE gallery coaches said should be bench at HT of the Poland game. Hmmm..... whoscored must be promoting him through their agency. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Balogun Makes Team of the Week

Post by The YeyeMan »

Where's Ayo? :D
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/b ... -the-week/

He made the Budesliga team of the week according to whoscored.com . The same guy that CE gallery coaches said should be bench at HT of the Poland game. Hmmm..... whoscored must be promoting him through their agency. :thumb:
Emir,

You do realize a player can be great in one game and disappoint in the next?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Enugu II wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/b ... -the-week/

Emir,

Yes, but they said he was too old and too slow. I don't think he can change is pace and age from game to game though. No?
OCCUPY NFF!!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

:clap:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Enugu II wrote:

Emir,

Are you trying to suggest this is some sort of one-off event and he hasn't been good all this while?
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Please Enugu, let's know where it's paining you... how you really feel
Enugu II wrote:
mystic wrote:
Cellular wrote:They both could do with playing more "set" (monkey post)... I get nervous when they have to play the ball or pass...

Defensively, they are solid.

Passing the ball out of the back is a major weakness in Ekong's game. Balogun is just fine.
Finally, people are noticing the weakness in his game that I had long pointed out. Balogun is better at that but not by much. However, Balogun makes it up in other phases. When these guys are harassed they will turn the ball over or boot it out as far away as possible.
Enugu II wrote:Our defense is just poor and that is underlined by the struggle here to crown Ekong or Balogun as our best. Neither is international class in my opinion. Awaziem had a poor game v South Africa but even then is better than Omeruo. People write about Omeruo's experience as if it makes a difference. What did that experience do for us when his error gifted Zambia a goal in the Wcq?
Enugu II wrote:
Gotti wrote:
Damunk wrote:IS IT JUST ME but I am really concerned about Balogun.
He seems seriously lacking in confidence and competence.
His touch/passing (as well as Ekong's) have always been just OK (even suspect at times)...
But he more than makes it up in other ways (tackling, heading, anticipation, etc) - he'll be just fine!
This is an issue and one that I as well as others have to pointed to in the past.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Balo and Ekong are out two best defenders, the rest are just backups, and Awazie isn't a top defender in my book
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

niyi wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Emir,

Are you trying to suggest this is some sort of one-off event and he hasn't been good all this while?
On the contrary, I have actually thought that Balogun's game has improved overtime in spite of weaknesses such as pace or passing accurately from the back. Nevertheless, he is like any other player, he will have his good day as well as bad day. That is the point that I make in response to Emir's post.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Balogun:

[1] Strong in the air
[2] Physically powerful
[3] Good at reading situations
[4] Lacks pace
[5] Is inconsistent
[6] Id very injury prone
[7] He and Ekong are Nigeria's best central defensive duo
[8] However, if the game changes and it becomes all about pace, Balogun has to be changed
[9] This season, Balogun has been too poor. has he played up to 15 league games?
[10] At 29, Balogun is not the future, so we need to search for a post-World Cup replacement