Thumbs Up for Sadio Mane!!!!!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Thumbs Up for Sadio Mane!!!!!!

Post by Enugu II »

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Sadio Mane donates money to help build a school
By Festus Chuma
http://www.soka25east.com/sadio-mane-do ... -a-school/
onApril 18, 2018SHARE TWEET SHARE SHARE 0 COMMENTS

Liverpool FC striker, Sadio Mane has made a donation $ 280,000 to help build a modern high school in his mother’s town of Bambaly in Senegal.

According to a report in the Stades lu par Senego, the cheque was presented by his maternal uncle, Sana Toure who urged other prominent elite of the place to also make contributions to alleviate poverty and ensure the development of the area.

“I say to young people who want to become Mane,Balde… education is very important, it’s this which is going to allow you to have a good career,” said Mane in a speech read by Toure.

“The best way to have an impact on the future of people is to educate them.

It is not the first time Mane is giving back to his community. In past years, Mane has offered scholarships to deserving university students; offered motorcycles to youths for commercial use, donated ambulances to hospitals and made other donations to the locals.

Bambaly, where he made the donation, is a rural community in Senegal, located in Casamance, in the south of the country. It is part of the district of Djiredji, the department of Sédhiou and the region of Sédhiou.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Thumbs Up for Sadio Mane!!!!!!

Post by Lolly »

May the Lord bless him and his family richly.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

This is good stuff. Well done Mane.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Maintenance is the issue. There have been many white elephants in Africa, inevitably, the pulled out of their nostrils and the body, filleted and sold as bushmeat. A grand gesture from Sadio, may it meet its purpose.
gmoni1
Egg
Egg

Post by gmoni1 »

wonderful, May God Bless you..
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Mane God bless you hopefully the school will be run well.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

$280,000 - cost of 4 bedroom low end single family home in Washington state for a high school sha per weekly earning salary of £90,000
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."