Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:40 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:43 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:07 am
Posts: 40352
Getting The Team Right For Russia 2018 – Part 2
http://orientalnewsng.com/2018/04/getti ... 18-part-2/

The next department I will be looking at is the defence. Once again, the team’s defence performed very well during the qualifiers with the highest number of goals conceded in match standing at 1. An impressive record comparing the calibre of teams in the qualifier group. Once again it would be sheer folly for the handlers of the team to rest on their oars, as a matter of fact there is the need to look at the defence again with the aim of looking at areas that can be improved upon.

Starting with the central defence, we have been blessed with the emergence of the duo of Troost Ekong (24) and Leon Balogun (29), the pairing of the two at the very heart of our defence has added some quality and discipline to the defence strategy of team. The ‘Oyinbo Wall’ as they have been named because of their defending qualities and a nod to their mixed race heritage, both were not born in Nigeria, but both have opted to play for Nigeria and have come to become the mainstay of the central defence. Troost plies his trade in Turkey for Bursaspor, while Balogun plays for Mainz in Germany, both are active for their clubs, something that is a big plus for the Super Eagles. They both come with decent defender’s qualities, both are combative defenders, from the old school of defending, and they complement each other very well. Both are very difficult to get past, big and strong, also very good............

_________________
Image
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 16310
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
oloye wrote:
Getting The Team Right For Russia 2018 – Part 2
http://orientalnewsng.com/2018/04/getti ... 18-part-2/

The next department I will be looking at is the defence. Once again, the team’s defence performed very well during the qualifiers with the highest number of goals conceded in match standing at 1. An impressive record comparing the calibre of teams in the qualifier group. Once again it would be sheer folly for the handlers of the team to rest on their oars, as a matter of fact there is the need to look at the defence again with the aim of looking at areas that can be improved upon.

Starting with the central defence, we have been blessed with the emergence of the duo of Troost Ekong (24) and Leon Balogun (29), the pairing of the two at the very heart of our defence has added some quality and discipline to the defence strategy of team. The ‘Oyinbo Wall’ as they have been named because of their defending qualities and a nod to their mixed race heritage, both were not born in Nigeria, but both have opted to play for Nigeria and have come to become the mainstay of the central defence. Troost plies his trade in Turkey for Bursaspor, while Balogun plays for Mainz in Germany, both are active for their clubs, something that is a big plus for the Super Eagles. They both come with decent defender’s qualities, both are combative defenders, from the old school of defending, and they complement each other very well. Both are very difficult to get past, big and strong, also very good............


I like the analysis of the defenders, particularly those in the central position. However, I believe Awaziem is ahead of Omeruo.

_________________
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:14 pm
Posts: 12641
Location: USA
Bros, this ya analysis is too detailed. Haba, why you dey do d work of opposing scout for dem :sneaky:

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:14 pm
Posts: 12641
Location: USA
Enugu II wrote:
oloye wrote:
Getting The Team Right For Russia 2018 – Part 2
http://orientalnewsng.com/2018/04/getti ... 18-part-2/

The next department I will be looking at is the defence. Once again, the team’s defence performed very well during the qualifiers with the highest number of goals conceded in match standing at 1. An impressive record comparing the calibre of teams in the qualifier group. Once again it would be sheer folly for the handlers of the team to rest on their oars, as a matter of fact there is the need to look at the defence again with the aim of looking at areas that can be improved upon.

Starting with the central defence, we have been blessed with the emergence of the duo of Troost Ekong (24) and Leon Balogun (29), the pairing of the two at the very heart of our defence has added some quality and discipline to the defence strategy of team. The ‘Oyinbo Wall’ as they have been named because of their defending qualities and a nod to their mixed race heritage, both were not born in Nigeria, but both have opted to play for Nigeria and have come to become the mainstay of the central defence. Troost plies his trade in Turkey for Bursaspor, while Balogun plays for Mainz in Germany, both are active for their clubs, something that is a big plus for the Super Eagles. They both come with decent defender’s qualities, both are combative defenders, from the old school of defending, and they complement each other very well. Both are very difficult to get past, big and strong, also very good............


I like the analysis of the defenders, particularly those in the central position. However, I believe Awaziem is ahead of Omeruo.


Honestly, Omeruoh looks a shadow of his old self. Its perplexing. Confidence & Ability all seem to have taken 3 steps backward. Not that impressed with Awaziem...he makes some odd choices, and allows his mark to lose him easily (concentration issues), but with the way Omeruoh has been playing lately, its pretty much a toss up.

I would recommend that if Troost or Balogun get injured/suspended, our first choice for a replacement should be Ndidi. Yep. I trust him better there than Awaziem or Omeruoh. Reworking the midfield in the absence of Ndidi is far easier for us than trusting Awaziem or Omeruou.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 15082
deanotito wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
oloye wrote:
Getting The Team Right For Russia 2018 – Part 2
http://orientalnewsng.com/2018/04/getti ... 18-part-2/

The next department I will be looking at is the defence. Once again, the team’s defence performed very well during the qualifiers with the highest number of goals conceded in match standing at 1. An impressive record comparing the calibre of teams in the qualifier group. Once again it would be sheer folly for the handlers of the team to rest on their oars, as a matter of fact there is the need to look at the defence again with the aim of looking at areas that can be improved upon.

Starting with the central defence, we have been blessed with the emergence of the duo of Troost Ekong (24) and Leon Balogun (29), the pairing of the two at the very heart of our defence has added some quality and discipline to the defence strategy of team. The ‘Oyinbo Wall’ as they have been named because of their defending qualities and a nod to their mixed race heritage, both were not born in Nigeria, but both have opted to play for Nigeria and have come to become the mainstay of the central defence. Troost plies his trade in Turkey for Bursaspor, while Balogun plays for Mainz in Germany, both are active for their clubs, something that is a big plus for the Super Eagles. They both come with decent defender’s qualities, both are combative defenders, from the old school of defending, and they complement each other very well. Both are very difficult to get past, big and strong, also very good............


I like the analysis of the defenders, particularly those in the central position. However, I believe Awaziem is ahead of Omeruo.


Honestly, Omeruoh looks a shadow of his old self. Its perplexing. Confidence & Ability all seem to have taken 3 steps backward. Not that impressed with Awaziem...he makes some odd choices, and allows his mark to lose him easily (concentration issues), but with the way Omeruoh has been playing lately, its pretty much a toss up.

I would recommend that if Troost or Balogun get injured/suspended, our first choice for a replacement should be Ndidi. Yep. I trust him better there than Awaziem or Omeruoh. Reworking the midfield in the absence of Ndidi is far easier for us than trusting Awaziem or Omeruou.



Rubbish! Omeruo is actually having his best season in a long time for kasimpasa in Turkey. He’s has performed even better than he did for them while on loan in the past. Also, you don’t need to trust Awaziem. Nantes does and so does Rohr. We’re talking of a young boy that constantly draws the toughest assignments whenever he’s on the pitch. Injuries haven’t helped lately but his class is glowing.

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:31 pm
Posts: 5157
Location: Akwa Ibom. Lagos. Dallas.
To provide cover at central defence, we need to look no further than Efe Ambrose. Currently playing regularly for Hibs in Scotland, his experience of having played the 2008 Olympics, 2013 CAN, 2013 Confederations Cup and 2014 World Cup will come in handy. Besides, he will be another veteran in a rather young locker room. His versatility and ability to join the attack will be a plus to the team. I would love to see him on the 35-man list of May 14.

_________________
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:02 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 36168
Location: UK
Obong wrote:
To provide cover at central defence, we need to look no further than Efe Ambrose. Currently playing regularly for Hibs in Scotland, his experience of having played the 2008 Olympics, 2013 CAN, 2013 Confederations Cup and 2014 World Cup will come in handy. Besides, he will be another veteran in a rather young locker room. His versatility and ability to join the attack will be a plus to the team. I would love to see him on the 35-man list of May 14.

Ambrose makes me nervous.
Celtic got rid of him probably for the same reason.

_________________
"Ole ni gbogbo won"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:36 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:07 am
Posts: 40352
Obong wrote:
To provide cover at central defence, we need to look no further than Efe Ambrose. Currently playing regularly for Hibs in Scotland, his experience of having played the 2008 Olympics, 2013 CAN, 2013 Confederations Cup and 2014 World Cup will come in handy. Besides, he will be another veteran in a rather young locker room. His versatility and ability to join the attack will be a plus to the team. I would love to see him on the 35-man list of May 14.

Ambrose is so done ...i am surprised his name is even coming up. By the way i was one of his admirers,but never as a center half cos he ain't one . His best position is right back or even a dm because of his ability on the ball. As a center half his frailities are so obvious like Damunk said it induces nervous breakdown if not hbp.

_________________
Image
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:18 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 8:41 am
Posts: 37445
oloye wrote:
Getting The Team Right For Russia 2018 – Part 2
http://orientalnewsng.com/2018/04/getti ... 18-part-2/

The next department I will be looking at is the defence. Once again, the team’s defence performed very well during the qualifiers with the highest number of goals conceded in match standing at 1. An impressive record comparing the calibre of teams in the qualifier group. Once again it would be sheer folly for the handlers of the team to rest on their oars, as a matter of fact there is the need to look at the defence again with the aim of looking at areas that can be improved upon.

Starting with the central defence, we have been blessed with the emergence of the duo of Troost Ekong (24) and Leon Balogun (29), the pairing of the two at the very heart of our defence has added some quality and discipline to the defence strategy of team. The ‘Oyinbo Wall’ as they have been named because of their defending qualities and a nod to their mixed race heritage, both were not born in Nigeria, but both have opted to play for Nigeria and have come to become the mainstay of the central defence. Troost plies his trade in Turkey for Bursaspor, while Balogun plays for Mainz in Germany, both are active for their clubs, something that is a big plus for the Super Eagles. They both come with decent defender’s qualities, both are combative defenders, from the old school of defending, and they complement each other very well. Both are very difficult to get past, big and strong, also very good............


Nice write up except the reference to Italy who could not even qualify for the Word Cup when talking about CD's.

Surprised that there was no reference to World Class Mangala :)

_________________
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:30 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:07 am
Posts: 40352
wanaj0 wrote:
oloye wrote:
Getting The Team Right For Russia 2018 – Part 2
http://orientalnewsng.com/2018/04/getti ... 18-part-2/

The next department I will be looking at is the defence. Once again, the team’s defence performed very well during the qualifiers with the highest number of goals conceded in match standing at 1. An impressive record comparing the calibre of teams in the qualifier group. Once again it would be sheer folly for the handlers of the team to rest on their oars, as a matter of fact there is the need to look at the defence again with the aim of looking at areas that can be improved upon.

Starting with the central defence, we have been blessed with the emergence of the duo of Troost Ekong (24) and Leon Balogun (29), the pairing of the two at the very heart of our defence has added some quality and discipline to the defence strategy of team. The ‘Oyinbo Wall’ as they have been named because of their defending qualities and a nod to their mixed race heritage, both were not born in Nigeria, but both have opted to play for Nigeria and have come to become the mainstay of the central defence. Troost plies his trade in Turkey for Bursaspor, while Balogun plays for Mainz in Germany, both are active for their clubs, something that is a big plus for the Super Eagles. They both come with decent defender’s qualities, both are combative defenders, from the old school of defending, and they complement each other very well. Both are very difficult to get past, big and strong, also very good............


Nice write up except the reference to Italy who could not even qualify for the Word Cup when talking about CD's.

Surprised that there was no reference to World Class Mangala :)

Thanks ,but in referencing Italy i made mention of their outing in the Euro not the world cup qualifiers. That they did not qualify does not negate the quality of their defenders does it? Would you say because they did not qualify means Bonucci and Chiellini are not quality defenders worthy to emulate? It would be like saying using George Weah as a model for what a striker should posess is not tenable since Liberia did not qualify for the World cup.

_________________
Image
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:16 am
Posts: 3162
Location: Cut-N-Shoot, TX
oloye wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
oloye wrote:
Getting The Team Right For Russia 2018 – Part 2
http://orientalnewsng.com/2018/04/getti ... 18-part-2/

The next department I will be looking at is the defence. Once again, the team’s defence performed very well during the qualifiers with the highest number of goals conceded in match standing at 1. An impressive record comparing the calibre of teams in the qualifier group. Once again it would be sheer folly for the handlers of the team to rest on their oars, as a matter of fact there is the need to look at the defence again with the aim of looking at areas that can be improved upon.

Starting with the central defence, we have been blessed with the emergence of the duo of Troost Ekong (24) and Leon Balogun (29), the pairing of the two at the very heart of our defence has added some quality and discipline to the defence strategy of team. The ‘Oyinbo Wall’ as they have been named because of their defending qualities and a nod to their mixed race heritage, both were not born in Nigeria, but both have opted to play for Nigeria and have come to become the mainstay of the central defence. Troost plies his trade in Turkey for Bursaspor, while Balogun plays for Mainz in Germany, both are active for their clubs, something that is a big plus for the Super Eagles. They both come with decent defender’s qualities, both are combative defenders, from the old school of defending, and they complement each other very well. Both are very difficult to get past, big and strong, also very good............
Nice write up except the reference to Italy who could not even qualify for the Word Cup when talking about CD's.

Surprised that there was no reference to World Class Mangala :)
Thanks ,but in referencing Italy i made mention of their outing in the Euro not the world cup qualifiers. That they did not qualify does not negate the quality of their defenders does it? Would you say because they did not qualify means Bonucci and Chiellini are not quality defenders worthy to emulate? It would be
like saying using George Weah as a model for what a striker should posess is not
tenable since Liberia did not qualify for the World cup
.

Kpom, to the highlighted. Case closed!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

_________________
Though religion is a concept that simply can not be ignored. The fact that a deity could
stand idly by while one of his creations slaughters another simply in his name, is a mystery I
doubt theologists would dare touch.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:59 am
Posts: 15046
Location: Texas
oloye wrote:
Getting The Team Right For Russia 2018 – Part 2
http://orientalnewsng.com/2018/04/getti ... 18-part-2/

The next department I will be looking at is the defence. Once again, the team’s defence performed very well during the qualifiers with the highest number of goals conceded in match standing at 1. An impressive record comparing the calibre of teams in the qualifier group. Once again it would be sheer folly for the handlers of the team to rest on their oars, as a matter of fact there is the need to look at the defence again with the aim of looking at areas that can be improved upon.

Starting with the central defence, we have been blessed with the emergence of the duo of Troost Ekong (24) and Leon Balogun (29), the pairing of the two at the very heart of our defence has added some quality and discipline to the defence strategy of team. The ‘Oyinbo Wall’ as they have been named because of their defending qualities and a nod to their mixed race heritage, both were not born in Nigeria, but both have opted to play for Nigeria and have come to become the mainstay of the central defence. Troost plies his trade in Turkey for Bursaspor, while Balogun plays for Mainz in Germany, both are active for their clubs, something that is a big plus for the Super Eagles. They both come with decent defender’s qualities, both are combative defenders, from the old school of defending, and they complement each other very well. Both are very difficult to get past, big and strong, also very good............

Please I don't understand that part.

_________________
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 7:55 pm
Posts: 7773
Obong wrote:
To provide cover at central defence, we need to look no further than Efe Ambrose. Currently playing regularly for Hibs in Scotland, his experience of having played the 2008 Olympics, 2013 CAN, 2013 Confederations Cup and 2014 World Cup will come in handy. Besides, he will be another veteran in a rather young locker room. His versatility and ability to join the attack will be a plus to the team. I would love to see him on the 35-man list of May 14.


I should have warned you that common sense is hardly ever welcome on CE. Honestly, I don’t know why Ambrose has been frozen out so far. It can’t be for performance reasons because he’s been our most stable defender over the years and right now, he’s in his best form ever. If Rhor is as intuitive as he appears to be then I expect to see Ambrose back in the squad, perhaps for the England friendly :!:


Cheers.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:05 pm
Posts: 3804
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
Obong wrote:
To provide cover at central defence, we need to look no further than Efe Ambrose. Currently playing regularly for Hibs in Scotland, his experience of having played the 2008 Olympics, 2013 CAN, 2013 Confederations Cup and 2014 World Cup will come in handy. Besides, he will be another veteran in a rather young locker room. His versatility and ability to join the attack will be a plus to the team. I would love to see him on the 35-man list of May 14.


I should have warned you that common sense is hardly ever welcome on CE. Honestly, I don’t know why Ambrose has been frozen out so far. It can’t be for performance reasons because he’s been our most stable defender over the years and right now, he’s in his best form ever. If Rhor is as intuitive as he appears to be then I expect to see Ambrose back in the squad, perhaps for the England friendly :!:


Cheers.

The rat killer why not concentrate on killing of rats than foolishly rattling on something you evidently know nothing about. Don't worry when it comes to your speciality rat killing you will definitely be invited.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:08 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:07 am
Posts: 40352
Kai una don begin fight for this thread....now i know why there is war in the world....men just have to fight. Who dey kill rat and who dey sell the poison to kill rats? Both of una go meet and make up for one corner.

_________________
Image
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 7:55 pm
Posts: 7773
bully12 wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
Obong wrote:
To provide cover at central defence, we need to look no further than Efe Ambrose. Currently playing regularly for Hibs in Scotland, his experience of having played the 2008 Olympics, 2013 CAN, 2013 Confederations Cup and 2014 World Cup will come in handy. Besides, he will be another veteran in a rather young locker room. His versatility and ability to join the attack will be a plus to the team. I would love to see him on the 35-man list of May 14.


I should have warned you that common sense is hardly ever welcome on CE. Honestly, I don’t know why Ambrose has been frozen out so far. It can’t be for performance reasons because he’s been our most stable defender over the years and right now, he’s in his best form ever. If Rhor is as intuitive as he appears to be then I expect to see Ambrose back in the squad, perhaps for the England friendly :!:


Cheers.

The rat killer why not concentrate on killing of rats than foolishly rattling on something you evidently know nothing about. Don't worry when it comes to your speciality rat killing you will definitely be invited.


Speaking about common sense or more appropriately, the lack of it... Buffoons like you also get to add their 2 cents :!:


Cheers.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:05 pm
Posts: 3804
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
bully12 wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
Obong wrote:
To provide cover at central defence, we need to look no further than Efe Ambrose. Currently playing regularly for Hibs in Scotland, his experience of having played the 2008 Olympics, 2013 CAN, 2013 Confederations Cup and 2014 World Cup will come in handy. Besides, he will be another veteran in a rather young locker room. His versatility and ability to join the attack will be a plus to the team. I would love to see him on the 35-man list of May 14.


I should have warned you that common sense is hardly ever welcome on CE. Honestly, I don’t know why Ambrose has been frozen out so far. It can’t be for performance reasons because he’s been our most stable defender over the years and right now, he’s in his best form ever. If Rhor is as intuitive as he appears to be then I expect to see Ambrose back in the squad, perhaps for the England friendly :!:


Cheers.

The rat killer why not concentrate on killing of rats than foolishly rattling on something you evidently know nothing about. Don't worry when it comes to your speciality rat killing you will definitely be invited.


Speaking about common sense or more appropriately, the lack of it... Buffoons like you also get to add their 2 cents :!:


Cheers.
The self proclaimed rat killer one good advice to you sometimes it is better to close your mouth look stupid than open it prove that you are absolutely dense. Slow witted rat catcher.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 13294
Location: Here
oloye wrote:
Obong wrote:
To provide cover at central defence, we need to look no further than Efe Ambrose. Currently playing regularly for Hibs in Scotland, his experience of having played the 2008 Olympics, 2013 CAN, 2013 Confederations Cup and 2014 World Cup will come in handy. Besides, he will be another veteran in a rather young locker room. His versatility and ability to join the attack will be a plus to the team. I would love to see him on the 35-man list of May 14.

Ambrose is so done ...i am surprised his name is even coming up. By the way i was one of his admirers,but never as a center half cos he ain't one . His best position is right back or even a dm because of his ability on the ball. As a center half his frailities are so obvious like Damunk said it induces nervous breakdown if not hbp.

I really feel for Ambrose.

Ambrose is a DM who can play RB.
He has the instinct to play the ball and advance forward.
However, this instinct to bomb forward is a liability for a center half (some will say even DM, see Makelele).
He should only have played center half in emergency situations.

Bad coaches exploited his flexibility and willingness to switch positions to his detriment.

_________________
"The young Walt Disney was sacked because he lacked imagination. They advised Marilyn Monroe to become a secretary and Elvis to go back to driving a lorry."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 3:25 pm
Posts: 5357
Brother O, where is part 1 of your review?
I tried searching but I cant find it. You should post the link on top so we can get the full gist.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:43 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:07 am
Posts: 40352
charlie wrote:
Brother O, where is part 1 of your review?
I tried searching but I cant find it. You should post the link on top so we can get the full gist.

The part 1 is about the goalkeeping situation. It was posted here as well.
Here you go viewtopic.php?f=1&t=287370

_________________
Image
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: airwolex, aruako1, Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 27 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group