AMUZIE: Not Done with National Team Just Yet......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
AMUZIE: Not Done with National Team Just Yet......

Post by Enugu II »

AMUZIE: The Interview....(My headline)
http://naijasportsgrill.com.ng/2018/04/ ... onal-team/

Remember him? Stanley Amuzie was the gangling left back in Samson Siasia’s Under 23 squad at the 2016 Olympics. Contracted to Sampdoria in the Serie A, he is on loan at FC Lugano of Switzerland. After featuring for the entire duration of Lugano’s 1-1 draw with FC Thun on Saturday, he spoke to www.naijasportsgrill.com.ng.

NSG: Stanley, another 90 minutes of action (against Thun). How was the game?

AMUZIE: Good. I played 90 minutes. That was actually why I came here (Lugano). To play regularly. But the result wasn’t what we prayed for. A win would have helped us climb the table. But no problem. We will keep pushing.
NSG: How is the Swiss league?

AMUZIE: It’s okay. Though it is not as big as some of the bigger leagues in Europe but as a starter, it’s fine. There is always a starting point. Remember what the Bible said about days of small beginnings? Great things have small beginnings. So the league in Switzerland isn’t that big but it’s still okay and competitive enough.

NSG: Why has it been difficult for you to break into the national team?

AMUZIE: For me it is not difficult. It is about having the chance. It is only when the chance is giving to you that you will show what you can do. I am a patient person. All I will do is to keep doing what I’m doing. Avoid distraction and be focused. As long as I keep playing and I’m playing well, I won’t be ignored. I know I will get another chance in the national team. My time is not up. In fact, the future is still bright.

NSG: The national team has been having issues with the left back. After the Olympics, we all thought you will step in. What happened?

AMUZIE: (Laughs) I don’t have any say on this o! It is for people to judge. As I told you earlier, my time will come. God’s time is the best.

NSG: You are on loan from Sampdoria. Seems you are having tough times breaking into the big leagues in Europe.

AMUZIE: Sampdoria was my first time of playing for a top division team and they already had three other quality left backs. It wasn’t easy breaking into the team. I tried but it was so hard. As in, the competition was fierce. I had to move to Lugano to get more playing time and I’m enjoying my game here. For a footballer, there is nothing to compare with playing regularly. It makes you better. And I know I’m a much better player now. Everything is still work in progress.

NSG: What are the terms of your deal with Sampdoria and Lugano?

AMUZIE: I’m at Lugano on loan with a possibility to make it permanent at the end of the season.

NSG: So do you wish to make your stay in Lugano permanent or head back to Sampdoria?

AMUZIE: No decision yet. We will see at the end of the season.

NSG: Do you thing you have what it takes to make the World Cup squad?

AMUZIE: Talk is cheap. I prefer to do my own talking with my legs. My performance will decide. Let the opportunity come first.

NSG: Do you feel neglected by the national team coaches?

AMUZIE: (Cuts in) I’m not neglected. Nigeria is blessed with hundreds of players out there who also deserve to be given a chance. It is just that one has to take his chance when he gets it.

NSG: Do you think Eagles will do well at the World Cup?

AMUZIE: I know we will do well. We have Young and dedicated players who are willing to give their all.

NSG: How would you assess the progress of your Olympics teammate Williams Troost-Ekong in the Super Eagles?

AMUZIE: Great. That should motivate some of us. Ekong is a quality player, no doubt. I’m not surprised he has broken into the national team.

NSG: Not much was known about you in the

Nigerian league before you left for Europe.

AMUZIE: I didn’t play league football in Nigeria. Just academies. I started in Enugu, then Makurdi before heading back home (Mbaise). All academy football.

NSG: What was growing up like in Mbaise?

AMUZIE: I didn’t actually grow up in Mbaise. We had to head back to the village when things changed for my family.

NSG: Things changed for your family? Can you explain further? Somebody might learn from your story.

AMUZIE: No. I wouldn’t want to talk about it.

NSG: Some people think you are too tall for a left back.

AMUZIE: (Prolonged laughter) It is not about size. It is all about what you can do with the ball.

NSG: Learnt you started as an attacker. How true was that?

AMUZIE: Yes, then I became a winger; later, a midfielder, central defender, before I settled for left back. I still play central sometimes these days but I prefer left back.

NSG: You mean you still play central defense at your current club?

AMUZIE: Yes. Depending on what the coach wants or if somebody is suspended. But I prefer left back.

NSG: What’s your impression of your coach at the Olympics, Samson Siasia? He seems to believe so much in you.

AMUZIE: He is like a father to me. He encourages you no matter your age. He gives everybody a chance to play. He is the type of coach every young player would like to play under. I learnt so much from him.

NSG: Who is that special person in your life?

AMUZIE: My mum. Nothing compares to her.

NSG: So when is

Stanley getting married?

AMUZIE: (Laughs) No comment.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: AMUZIE: Not Done with National Team Just Yet......

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

The boy wasted his money by paying for this interviewer. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Shameless agent! you better return his money than to be promoting some backwater league player here. If he wants to play at the World Cup, he must hustle like everyone else and get involved at WCQ, friendlies etc. the only exceptions are exceptional talent and Stanley isn’t an exceptional talent because if he was, he wouldn’t be playing at a backwater league.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

john12 wrote:Shameless crook! you better return his money than to be promoting some backwater league player here. If he wants to play at the World Cup, he must hustle like everyone else and get involved at WCQ, friendlies etc. the only exceptions are exceptional talent and Stanley isn’t an exceptional talent because if he was, he wouldn’t be playing at a backwater league.
Hello Dele, did you even read the interview? :D
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

The YeyeMan wrote:
john12 wrote:Shameless crook! you better return his money than to be promoting some backwater league player here. If he wants to play at the World Cup, he must hustle like everyone else and get involved at WCQ, friendlies etc. the only exceptions are exceptional talent and Stanley isn’t an exceptional talent because if he was, he wouldn’t be playing at a backwater league.
He didn't.
He simply saw the header then proceeded to internally combust. :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Damunk wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
He didn't.
He simply saw the header then proceeded to internally combust. :rotf:
Sad that guy is the joke of the house. I don't understand his outburst that started as a joke and he kept on going many months after the ovations died down. :oops:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Outbursts that started as a joke? I wasn’t joking at all from day 1 because I knew what happened to super eagles in 2002 and 2014. We witness bribery, corruption and nepotism right in front of our eyes and for you to even think this fight against agent was a joke is beyond me. Agents has the powers to get their client in super eagles. They have done it in 2002 and 2014 and if we don’t stop them it will happen in 2018. Call me what pleases you but I’m not stopping until World Cup is over. After World Cup, people can advocate for whoever pleases them
Last edited by john12 on Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

john12 wrote:Outbursts that started as a joke? I wasn’t joking at all from day 1 because I knew what happened to super eagles in 2002 and 2014. We witness bribery, corruption and nepotism right in front of our eyes and for you to even think this fight against agent was a joke is beyond me. Agents has the powers to get thier client in super eagles. They have done it in 2002 and 2014 and if we don’t stop them it will happen in 2018. Call me what pleases you but I’m not stopping until World Cup is over. After World Cup, people can advocate for whoever pleases them
Dele, you should try reading articles before commenting. You sound hysterical otherwise. :D
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

John12...i hope you are not sleeping on duty......
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I was expecting this guy to step up ..but nada. He has the tools he needs to sort out the poor defending aspect of his game. I hope his Spell at Lugano will help his game and career.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Pretty good interview.

AMUZIE: (Cuts in) I’m not neglected. Nigeria is blessed with hundreds of players out there who also deserve to be given a chance. It is just that one has to take his chance when he gets it.
:clap: :clap:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

metalalloy wrote:Pretty good interview.

My little nephew. I pray for him always . Apart John Nwadioha he is the only player from my town that has ever played for Super eagles . If I was Obong or fellow Imolite 1niaja I will be screaming his name to high heavens as the best thing that ever happened after sliced bread. I'm definitely confident his day is coming because he has the tools and the talents to excell , be the best he could be. I'm glad he is patient , will definitely maximize his God given potentials sooner than later.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Nice interview.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

bully12 wrote:

My little nephew. I pray for him always . Apart John Nwadioha he is the only player from my town that has ever played for Super eagles . If I was Obong or fellow Imolite 1niaja I will be screaming his name to high heavens as the best thing that ever happened after sliced bread. I'm definitely confident his day is coming because he has the tools and the talents to excell , be the best he could be. I'm glad he is patient , will definitely maximize his God given potentials sooner than later.
If he had a career like Obongs guy I’m sure you’d be screaming our heads off...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

maceo4 wrote:
bully12 wrote:

One eye man in the land of blind is a ( complete the rest)
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Stanley Amuzie for me is an SE LB in waiting. He is athletic, raw, strong and has powerful shots; the type that you will find in a Westerhof squad. His only deficiency which is pretty major is in tactics and concentration. Amuzie was the one in Kaduna that did not step in line with the back 4 keeping Mo Salah onside and allowing him to equalise and eliminate us from AFCON. At crucial moments, Amuzie just ball-watches instead of getting his brain and feet into action.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

bully12 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
bully12 wrote:

One eye man in the land of blind is a ( complete the rest)
Most successful guy at his position ever to come out of your country! Show some respect! :glare:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:The boy wasted his money by paying for this interviewer. :laugh:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Bros, where is/are the client(s) I asked you to send to me - eh?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

john12 wrote:Shameless agent! you better return his money than to be promoting some backwater league player here. If he wants to play at the World Cup, he must hustle like everyone else and get involved at WCQ, friendlies etc. the only exceptions are exceptional talent and Stanley isn’t an exceptional talent because if he was, he wouldn’t be playing at a backwater league.
Jonh12, please bro I need some clients. Please help your brother
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Amuzie is a good player. As opined above, he has the physique, athleticism and powerful shot that gives him that extra edge. After the Olympics, his baptism of fire was against the mercurial Mo Sallah. Not many defenders, even the experienced ones, can claim to best the African legend-in-waiting. His time with the Super Eagles will come again soon. The World Cup is however a long shot considering Rohr has to drop one of Echiejilie, Idowu and Aina for the left back position. I don't think he wants to add to that headache right now.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"