Mikel is our big problem in the 1st half

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet
Mikel is our big problem in the 1st half

Post by Vindave »

Mikel has been our biggest problem in that midfield. Just playing very sloppy game. He has not been helping the team at all. Very disappointed in him.. and Moses has not shown up too. Too much respect for the English boys.
Last edited by Vindave on Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Mikel is our big problem

Post by Vindave »

Iwobi has been our best player so far. I think Etebo and Nwankwo need to come on in the 2nd half.
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Mikel is not playing like a captain, but hasn't been our worst player.

Onazi is playing like a Div3 footballer. Any footballer worth his salt would give a better account.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Another expert from the Far East :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Tbite wrote:Mikel is not playing like a captain, but hasn't been our worst player.

Onazi is playing like a Div3 footballer. Any footballer worth his salt would give a better account.
Na today???
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
olumide
Egg
Egg

Post by olumide »

Mikel is barely touching the ball, tbf. He is ostensibly playing as a #10, and there is no passing fluidity with the two DMs on the pitch. Maybe we will have to drop him back, because only Iwobi is playing the ball to him in a position where he could possibly do something with it.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Missing link - Ndidi
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

YemiBrazil wrote:Missing link - Ndidi
Thus, if we were in a WC game and Ndidi gets injured (God forbid), does it mean we are finished/done?
Last edited by Odas on Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
opine
Egg
Egg

Post by opine »

Rohr is experimenting Playing Mikel that high up. He and Ighalo are finding it hard to get service and into the game. We'd be much better if he was playing deeper and giving up a smart outlet instead of Onazi that is a turnover king.
Tbite wrote: Yes we have deadweights in our team like Babatunde, Agbim and Rueben, but they are OUR deadweights! Our wastepipes! We must love them...respect them! If we do not love our junks....who will? Who?
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

Tbite wrote:Mikel is not playing like a captain, but hasn't been our worst player.

to me Mikel is our problem because he is not commanding the boys, he is just carrying shoulder spreading like a big star, playing as if there is nothing to play for...

Onazi is a minus, I think Mikel need to drop back, let Etebo come in to add hunger to the game.. This is where we will miss Simon.

Ighalo has been left in his own world of off side and only threatening himself... I think Simmy should come in too.
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
opine
Egg
Egg

Post by opine »

Odas wrote:
Thus, if were in a WC game and Ndidi gets injured (God forbid), does it mean we are finished/done?
That's very possible. there are many teams that can't make it with the loss one particular player.
Tbite wrote: Yes we have deadweights in our team like Babatunde, Agbim and Rueben, but they are OUR deadweights! Our wastepipes! We must love them...respect them! If we do not love our junks....who will? Who?
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

The midfield was completely MIA here. Onazi and Obi have had two poor games playing together (Serbia and now England). Of the two, Onazi has been the poorer - extremely lackadaisical in the middle. Need someone crisper and quicker on the ball.

Also, Mikel has been poor. Rohr needs to reconsider playing him as a DM - not buying him as a playmaker...way too slow. Ighalo needs to make way for Simy in the 2nd half.
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

:shock: May the good Lord have mercy on us.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Odas wrote:
Thus, if were in a WC game and Ndidi gets injured (God forbid), does it mean we are finished/done?
Na so we see am - we don’t have many Ndidis in today’s football.
*With Ndidi out Mikel has no business upfront. Simple.

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
donadoni
Egg
Egg

Post by donadoni »

It’s clear we are missing Ndidi. But there are other issues - onazi passing poorly, Mikel not working hard,
Ighalo isolated. Hope the friendly status of the game is part of it
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

Iwobi can take that No 10 role is not by the jersey number..
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Meanwhile watch for a better Nigeria 2nd half :thumbs:

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Odas wrote:
Thus, if we were in a WC game and Ndidi gets injured (God forbid), does it mean we are finished/done?

Are u still guaranteeing a win against Croatia? :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

YemiBrazil wrote:Meanwhile watch for a better Nigeria 2nd half :thumbs:
amen
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

asabatex wrote::shock: May the good Lord have mercy on us.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Why so?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

We kept deluding ourselves that Mourinho was holding Mikel back as a player when he was actually using the best of his abilities.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Take out Onazi (drop him), bring in Etebo and ogu to protect the back 4...then push Mikel and Iwobi into a more advanced role with 2 FREAKING Strikers upfront (let's see Simy Nwankwo introduced)...
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Odas wrote:
Are u still guaranteeing a win against Croatia? :laugh:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Yes bro, I am! We go SHOCK Croatia and in addition, will TOP the group