Roma 3:0 Barca - Barcelona dumped out of the CL

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Roma 3:0 Barca - Barcelona dumped out of the CL

Post by truetalk »

It seems all of CE is avoiding posting this for some reason. The fear of Yujam?

https://www.eurosport.com/football/cham ... tory.shtml

KEY MOMENTS
6’ - GOAL! Roma 1-0 Barcelona (Dzeko) agg 2-4 Now then! Strootman clips a decent ball over the top - it's straight, but Dzeko steals a march on Jordi Alba with a lovely take which also brings him across Umtiti who can't catch up! With Ter Stegen stranded, he pokes home the opener and we have ourselves a ball-game!

57’ - PENALTY ROMA! A long pass finds Dzeko, who brings it down back to goal and gets around Pique on the half-turn, who tugs him down when there was no need so to do! At first it looks like the ref says no, but then he points to the spot and here we go!

58’ - GOAL! Roma 2-0 Barcelona (De Rossi pen) agg 3-4) "Within one!" screeches Peter Drury, as De Rossi opens his body to punch into the right side of the net, a third of the way up. That was very confidently done, and Roma are suddenly favourites!

82’ - GOAL! Roma 3-0 Barcelona (Manolas) agg 4-4 "ROMA HAVE RISEN FROM THEIR RUINS!" They win a corner down the right, it's brilliantly curled to the near post by Kolarov, and Manolas times his run perfectly, flicking hard and fast and enjoying the celebration like you must! "It's the Greek from Mount Olympus coming to the seven hills of Rome!" The home side lead on away goals! FOOTBALL FOOTBALL FOOTBALL FOOTBALL FOOTBALL FOOTBALL! Look around, look around, how lucky we are to be alive right now!
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Roma 3:0 Barca - Barcelona dumped out of the CL

Post by kajifu »

Barca third time straight been kickout in last 8.yeye team that has been riding too much on Messi briliant
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

No fear. YUJAM is still reading the tricki-taka book to see what went wrong.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

The Barca team it appeared turned up in Rome believing they were on sightseeing. They just could not get out of the first gear. All the goals apart from the third were comical to say the least and i would save the most comical one for the way Pique committed the penalty that led to the second. The clown was not only holding Dzekos hand like he was his boyfriend, the clown managed to get his own feet tangled up like an amateur learning to dance tango. Yes it takes two to tango,but not on the football field dummy. To make matters worse as he was going down, the tango dancer wannabe still held onto Dzekos hand as if saying i will not be disgraced by going down alone!

I have never seen a Barca team look so hopeless and bereft of inspiration or idea. Roma saw this and went all out,kudos to them.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
zoro
Egg
Egg

Post by zoro »

I have been saying it here and other fora that the Barca team is very vunerable but arm chair pundits kept showing me league tables. Now it has happened at the right level. Very shameful.
IGBOS ARE THE IMPORTANT AND USEFUL SLAVES OF NIGERIA. THEY HAVE A CHOICE TO MAKE.
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

Some may bemoan Barcelona's performance. I choose to celebrate the
chippy, resolute and consummate performance of Roma. What a display
at both ends of the field! It could have been more if not for the brilliance
of Te Stergen(sp).

On a night when Manchester City drowned, their alums, Dzeko and Kolarov
were outstanding in that Roma side. De Rossi and Manolas, both own goal
scorers in Camp Not last week scored at the right end of the pitch and
put up towering displays.

Kai! I had goose pimples watching Manolas pound his chest after
scoring that third goal. What a game he had. This is the kind of
narrative that makes football second to none in sports. what a
game!

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

oloye wrote:The Barca team it appeared turned up in Rome believing they were on sightseeing. They just could not get out of the first gear. All the goals apart from the third were comical to say the least and i would save the most comical one for the way Pique committed the penalty that led to the second. The clown was not only holding Dzekos hand like he was his boyfriend, the clown managed to get his own feet tangled up like an amateur learning to dance tango. Yes it takes two to tango,but not on the football field dummy. To make matters worse as he was going down, the tango dancer wannabe still held onto Dzekos hand as if saying i will not be disgraced by going down alone!

I have never seen a Barca team look so hopeless and bereft of inspiration or idea. Roma saw this and went all out,kudos to them.
Oga Oloye, which kind of Keshi 'Das Fooball for you' analysis be dis? Could not get out of first gear? Roma took the game to Barca, in terms of tactics, physicality and intensity, and they had the personnel to pull it off.

Dzeko is a giant, yet he was the smaller Roma Centre Forward yesterday. With the long balls and crosses into the box, Schick should have got a couple of goals yesterday. The Roma coach adopted the philosophy of your former Oga, Amodu.

What midfield? Have a high press, pump the balls forward and have the game decided between the giant Roma forward line and the Barca backline. Play a high, extremely mobile, and intense backline that is first to every loose ball and is committed to the press. There is a reason both Messi and Suarez got yellow cards yesterday.

This was not parking the bus, it was removing the freeway and daring the Ferrari to compete with an ATV off track. Barca could not get out of gear because Roma changed the arena and surface. It was a different ballgame.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

oloye wrote:The Barca team it appeared turned up in Rome believing they were on sightseeing. They just could not get out of the first gear. All the goals apart from the third were comical to say the least and i would save the most comical one for the way Pique committed the penalty that led to the second. The clown was not only holding Dzekos hand like he was his boyfriend, the clown managed to get his own feet tangled up like an amateur learning to dance tango. Yes it takes two to tango,but not on the football field dummy. To make matters worse as he was going down, the tango dancer wannabe still held onto Dzekos hand as if saying i will not be disgraced by going down alone!

They underestimated Roma.

The 4-1 win in the Nou Camp led them to believe they had already qualified. I have not seen a Barca team this season look so unprepared for a match. They were unable to match Roma's intensity from the get go. All kudos to Roma for believing in their chances and never giving up. I hope Zidane saw what happens when you underestimate your opponent and comes ready to play today vs Juventus. That tie is not over yet.

Valverde has been masterful all season, but he might lose his job over this defeat even if he does the La Liga and Copa Del Rey double.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

truetalk wrote:

Oga Oloye, which kind of Keshi 'Das Fooball for you' analysis be dis? Could not get out of first gear? Roma took the game to Barca, in terms of tactics, physicality and intensity, and they had the personnel to pull it off.

Dzeko is a giant, yet he was the smaller Roma Centre Forward yesterday. With the long balls and crosses into the box, Schick should have got a couple of goals yesterday. The Roma coach adopted the philosophy of your former Oga, Amodu.

What midfield? Have a high press, pump the balls forward and have the game decided between the giant Roma forward line and the Barca backline. Play a high, extremely mobile, and intense backline that is first to every loose ball and is committed to the press. There is a reason both Messi and Suarez got yellow cards yesterday.

This was not parking the bus, it was removing the freeway and daring the Ferrari to compete with an ATV off track. Barca could not get out of gear because Roma changed the arena and surface. It was a different ballgame.
But that was the basis of my analysis, they could not get out of gear one because they were not allowed, because they could not cope with Roma's onslaught. Like i said the first two goals were comical. The first saw Umititi and the left back clowning around and allowed Dzeko to get in front of them once he did it was over. Why did you think Pique pulled down Dzeko, because he was going at him not backing down and the clown Pique had his legs all tied up underneath him.

My reason for highlighting the failings of Barca was simply because they were the team to beat and for all intent and purpose were made to look ordinary. It does not take anything away from Roma, like i ended saying....Roma saw that they had Barca on the brink and they threw everything at them to make sure they tip them over the cliff...they succeeded , hence i gave kudos to them.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Messilessly #$% whooped!
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Yeah been a tough few days. La Liga teams get a shellacking and then I find out my uncle passed away back home. Kai when it rains it pours..

All I'll say for now is Valverde is a moron
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

YUJAM wrote:Yeah been a tough few days. La Liga teams get a shellacking and then I find out my uncle passed away back home. Kai when it rains it pours..

My condolences!!

charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

YUJAM wrote:Yeah been a tough few days. La Liga teams get a shellacking and then I find out my uncle passed away back home. Kai when it rains it pours..

Courage Yujam! Hang in there buddy....
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

I said it that that Barca defense was poor and Chelsea missed a chance to score multiple goals in both legs and I got a shellacking from the usual La Liga gang. Needless to say I am not surprised. I saw the goals and it was like amateur hour with Umiti, Pique and the rest of the crew. Funny that the pk they gave Roma was almost like a cc of the one that Alonso was denied. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

[/video]
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu