Ikwerreman reaches landmark of 1000 NPFL games

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ikwerreman reaches landmark of 1000 NPFL games

Post by truetalk »

Ikwerreman has had many experiences and escapades as he has crisscrossed the country to watch 1000 NPFL games and counting. (Even if we tend to focus on the 404 chopping ones).

Let's celebrate one of our own and an authority on the domestic league.

Well done Ikwerreman.

http://npfl.ng/lmc-endorses-ikwerreman- ... s-support/

The League Management Company (LMC) has restated its commitment to partner with individuals and organizations in strengthening the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) a veritable tool in community engagement and advancing social ties in the country.

Chairman of the LMC, Shehu Dikko affirmed this position while commending Mr. China Acheru, a Sports Journalist who will marking his 1000th attendance at organized live football matches during the NPFL Match Day 17 fixture between Go Round FC and Niger Tornadoes in Omoku on Sunday.

Acheru is one of the longest serving NPFL club media manager having served for 12 years as Media Officer of the defunct Dolphins FC before joining Go Round FC where he occupies the position of Media Chief/Head of Marketing. An effective Media Manager, Acheru was the first to deploy digital media in Nigeria for mass distribution of club information at Dolphins which has led to the increasing embrace of digital media by his colleagues.

Dikko said it is remarkable that Acheru, the Media manager of Go Round has been able to track his attendance at matches since 1989 when he watched his first league game in Port Harcourt between Sharks FC and NEPA, two clubs that are now defunct.

READ MORE
VAT Wonder Goal: Ogbugh scores a hattrick of wins
Apr 13, 2018
LMC, FIRS extend NPFL-VAT Wonder Goal partnership
Apr 2, 2018
LMC adjusts Matchdays 11 and 13 fixtures
Feb 26, 2018
“We are pleased to identify with the Ikwerreman 1000 project which amongst other things has been used to promote charity work and most importantly has highlighted the culture of data collection and record keeping for the growing generation”, remarked Dikko in a message to the organizers of the ceremony.

The LMC pledged to work with Acheru in support of charity activities of Ikwerreman 1000 either at the schools or the Autism center which benefitted from a recent awareness walk for patients of the ailment.

As part of celebrations of the historic event, the Ikwerreman 1000 has concluded plans to take to the stadium, 1000 students from three schools in Port Harcourt, namely CITA International Secondary School, Government Secondary School, Oroworukwo and Education Plus International Secondary School. He had earlier visited these schools to interact with the students and offer insights to the operations of the NPFL and culminating in the invitation of the students to the game on Sunday.

It also collaborated with the Blazing Heart Autism Center in Port Harcourt to organize awareness walk to draw attention to the rare condition and the LMC said it has opened discussions with Acheru on how to contribute to the charity.

“It has been our policy to promote social investment in the country which we have done through campaigns promoting the unity of the country, awareness for HIV Aids and the Tax education. We therefore fully supports the Ikwerreman 1000 in promoting the culture of data collection and record keeping especially to inculcate this in the younger ones so it becomes a part of them”, declared Dikko
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ikwerreman reaches landmark of 1000 NPFL games

Post by zee »

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

That is a worthy accomplisment....i salute you sir! I an envinronment where record keeping in non existent and such a dangerous terrain to navigate...this is not a feat to be taken lightly. Congratulations and looking forward to the next 1000 God willing.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Excellent accomplishment. These are games actually attended in stadia.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

congrats
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Congrats, IK-Man.

Oya, come back to the CE and resume posting...
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Congrats Ikwerreman. :thumbs:

On one of my visit home many years ago, he took me to watch Sharks beat the crap out of Enugu Rangers. So i deserve to be mentioned in the article too. :D
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

Enugu II wrote:Excellent accomplishment. These are games actually attended in stadia.
Is there an actual list of matches?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

folem wrote:
Enugu II wrote:Excellent accomplishment. These are games actually attended in stadia.
Ikwerreman does have a list, I strongly believe since he has several games pegged to certain numbers on his way to 1000. For me, this is remarkable since you do not often find fans listing number of games that they attend. Thus, it is unique and may actually set a trend for newer fans to begin keeping similar records. He has also shown, IMO, how to promote these types of things. The NFF can learn a thing or two from that promotion.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Enugu II wrote:
folem wrote:
Ikwerreman does have a list, I strongly believe since he has several games pegged to certain numbers on his way to 1000. For me, this is remarkable since you do not often find fans listing number of games that they attend. Thus, it is unique and may actually set a trend for newer fans to begin keeping similar records. He has also shown, IMO, how to promote these types of things. The NFF can learn a thing or two from that promotion.

Uncle EII, I am not sure I understand you statement about fans keeping records as fans considering Ikwerreman did not attend most of this games as a mere fan. In most cases it was his job to attend the games.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

folem wrote:
Maybe, given that he previously worked as the ojoro-Dolphins' media relation officer for more than a decade and now with the Go Round FC. In principle, media relation officers travel with their teams for their away and home matches.
Check out Sooting's website:
https://shootingstarssc.com/
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Toxicarrow wrote:
folem wrote:
Maybe, given that he previously worked as the ojoro-Dolphins' media relation officer for more than a decade and now with the Go Round FC. In principle, media relation officers travel with their teams for their away and home matches.
Toxic,

Great point!! That fact makes it easier for him to keep a record.
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

Enugu II wrote:
Toxicarrow wrote:
folem wrote:
Toxic,

Is there a place where the record can be accessed and/or verified? or we just have to take his or LMC word?

'Organized live football match' could also mean other matches including SE matches or Cups/Friendlies/Continental etc. For example, an average of 40 matches per league season, means it will take 25 years to clock 1,000 matches.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

folem wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Toxicarrow wrote:
folem wrote:
Toxic,

Is there a place where the record can be accessed and/or verified? or we just have to take his or LMC word?

'Organized live football match' could also mean other matches including SE matches or Cups/Friendlies/Continental etc. For example, an average of 40 matches per league season, means it will take 25 years to clock 1,000 matches.
Folem,

He should have a documented record but questions like the one you raise here can be addressed to him in a press conference or even in an interview.