[TBL] Man United (0-1) WBA

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bk-one
Egg
Egg
Re: [TBL] Man United (0-1) WBA

Post by bk-one »

oloye wrote:
bk-one wrote:
oloye wrote:
marko wrote:some players have to leave united this summer, we need wholesome changes

smalling
jones
carrick retired
Martial
maybe Pogba to finance a big player
Darmian
Blind
Pogba for me has to go. Players like him are bad in the dressing room when they dont have things going on for them. I dont like the way Jose is handling him, and i can understand why he is being petulant both on and off the field. And that is why he has to go! It is either him or Jose sooner or later.

This is neither a black or white player thingy, i just hate players who are not consistent and are not loyal. When he was struggling to settle down after his huge money deal and he was being slayed in the media, Jose stood up for and took bullets for him.

But see how he is treating Jose now just because they disagree on how to prosecute a game, comes on the field strolls around ,turns up when he feels like, if not for his huge money signing he would have been binned a long time ago.

He is a massive talent,but he needs to look at his attitude to the game, being a top player means you turn it up everytime.
Not that I disagree with you but how come Pogba was well behaved at Juventus, He never gave problems to either Conte or Allegri?
If there is one person with a history of clashing with players its Jose,especially those players with larger than life characters.
Isn't it just two individuals with big egos clashing?
Off the field matters can have an impact on player's performance......I dont know if Paul Pogba's performance diminished because of his off-field issues with Jose or the issues started because of his on-field performance....I guess we never gonna know....Pogba's larger than life character can be deceiving......especially in social media.
Well we can discuss why he was ok at Juventus as a separate issue....the bottomline is Juventus is not ManU, it is not a new thing for players to thrive in one environment and struggle in another. The most important thing is for both parties at United to quickly identify if both can work together or not. A decision will be made sooner or later one way or the other.

That is why i said it is either one or the other...as a coach you cannot have your most expensive player refuse to tow the line or give his best on the field,in fact you cannot have him sulking around in the dressibg room, that is big trouble, he will gather around him fellow dissenters. I have been there and have seen it played out,...it is simply not acceptable. The people who whine and moan most in the dressing room are big boys who are being called out by the manager or have fallen out of favor with the manager.

So a decision has to be made if an agreement cannot be brokered. That is the simple reality on the ground one that will either make or mar United going forward.
By any chance his agent's actions in the last transfer window exacerbated the situation? Pogba played well till he was injured then things changed for the worst vis-a-vis his relationship with Mourinho, after the last transfer windows .
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

I am one of Pogba biggest fans but his attitude is sickening! Ferguson would have benched him or even sold him, well Ferguson let him go because he could not see the big deal in him, seems he has been proven right, i dont care what he did at Juventus, i care about what he does now at United, fair enough he might have been played out of position but that is no excuse not to perform, Young is played out of position, Valencia is played out of position as well, but they still give 100%, Sunday defeat was due to indiscipline, we cannot have these types of players, if we are to challenge city next season, we need a strong side, Guardiola will not take any crap from any player, ask Zlatan, Eto, Toure and a host of others
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

bk-one wrote:
oloye wrote:
bk-one wrote:
oloye wrote:
marko wrote:some players have to leave united this summer, we need wholesome changes

smalling
jones
carrick retired
Martial
maybe Pogba to finance a big player
Darmian
Blind
Pogba for me has to go. Players like him are bad in the dressing room when they dont have things going on for them. I dont like the way Jose is handling him, and i can understand why he is being petulant both on and off the field. And that is why he has to go! It is either him or Jose sooner or later.

This is neither a black or white player thingy, i just hate players who are not consistent and are not loyal. When he was struggling to settle down after his huge money deal and he was being slayed in the media, Jose stood up for and took bullets for him.

But see how he is treating Jose now just because they disagree on how to prosecute a game, comes on the field strolls around ,turns up when he feels like, if not for his huge money signing he would have been binned a long time ago.

He is a massive talent,but he needs to look at his attitude to the game, being a top player means you turn it up everytime.
Not that I disagree with you but how come Pogba was well behaved at Juventus, He never gave problems to either Conte or Allegri?
If there is one person with a history of clashing with players its Jose,especially those players with larger than life characters.
Isn't it just two individuals with big egos clashing?
Off the field matters can have an impact on player's performance......I dont know if Paul Pogba's performance diminished because of his off-field issues with Jose or the issues started because of his on-field performance....I guess we never gonna know....Pogba's larger than life character can be deceiving......especially in social media.
Well we can discuss why he was ok at Juventus as a separate issue....the bottomline is Juventus is not ManU, it is not a new thing for players to thrive in one environment and struggle in another. The most important thing is for both parties at United to quickly identify if both can work together or not. A decision will be made sooner or later one way or the other.

That is why i said it is either one or the other...as a coach you cannot have your most expensive player refuse to tow the line or give his best on the field,in fact you cannot have him sulking around in the dressibg room, that is big trouble, he will gather around him fellow dissenters. I have been there and have seen it played out,...it is simply not acceptable. The people who whine and moan most in the dressing room are big boys who are being called out by the manager or have fallen out of favor with the manager.

So a decision has to be made if an agreement cannot be brokered. That is the simple reality on the ground one that will either make or mar United going forward.
By any chance his agent's actions in the last transfer window exacerbated the situation? Pogba played well till he was injured then things changed for the worst vis-a-vis his relationship with Mourinho, after the last transfer windows .
You are right about the agent angle...i hate that parasite called Raoila or whatever he is called with a passion....not only is he destroying the game,he is now distracting these players while preying on them to make money.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

marko wrote:I am one of Pogba biggest fans but his attitude is sickening! Ferguson would have benched him or even sold him, well Ferguson let him go because he could not see the big deal in him, seems he has been proven right, i dont care what he did at Juventus, i care about what he does now at United, fair enough he might have been played out of position but that is no excuse not to perform, Young is played out of position, Valencia is played out of position as well, but they still give 100%, Sunday defeat was due to indiscipline, we cannot have these types of players, if we are to challenge city next season, we need a strong side, Guardiola will not take any crap from any player, ask Zlatan, Eto, Toure and a host of others
Sir Fergie would have sold him pronto like he did before...the man does not entertain childishness and silly ego tripping. From Ince, to Schumacher, Jap Stam, Beckham and finally Roy Keane...you either stay in line or ship out no matter who you are. Baba's record of shipping off silly players is as long as the titles he won in United,perhaps there is a correlation here.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

oloye wrote:
marko wrote:I am one of Pogba biggest fans but his attitude is sickening! Ferguson would have benched him or even sold him, well Ferguson let him go because he could not see the big deal in him, seems he has been proven right, i dont care what he did at Juventus, i care about what he does now at United, fair enough he might have been played out of position but that is no excuse not to perform, Young is played out of position, Valencia is played out of position as well, but they still give 100%, Sunday defeat was due to indiscipline, we cannot have these types of players, if we are to challenge city next season, we need a strong side, Guardiola will not take any crap from any player, ask Zlatan, Eto, Toure and a host of others
Sir Fergie would have sold him pronto like he did before...the man does not entertain childishness and silly ego tripping. From Ince, to Schumacher, Jap Stam, Beckham and finally Roy Keane...you either stay in line or ship out no matter who you are. Baba's record of shipping off silly players is as long as the titles he won in United,perhaps there is a correlation here.
hmmm

so much truth in that.

both PP and JM need to have a sit down. After all, they were supposed to be enemies prior to the Pool game

After we spanked Pool, they were see laughing amicably...anyway

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Football. Man Utd beats the team top of the EPL one weekend. The next game/weekend they lose to the team bottom of the league. Insane sport.
balo wrote:
tfco wrote:what a week of unexpected football results

United 3 goals in 2H
Roma 3-0 Bartha
Juve 3 goals v RM
Spurs loose
United loose

A rare event, Chelsea won.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

and we all laughed at Liverpool when they beat City and lost to bottom Swansea the week after.

smh

wiseone wrote:Football. Man Utd beats the team top of the EPL one weekend. The next game/weekend they lose to the team bottom of the league. Insane sport.
balo wrote:

United 3 goals in 2H
Roma 3-0 Bartha
Juve 3 goals v RM
Spurs loose
United loose

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Zinedine ZePog to see some non-prominent bench time or so sayeth rumour. @Okosisi Barrington Danfo, is it because he’s black?
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

tfco wrote:and we all laughed at Liverpool when they beat City and lost to bottom Swansea the week after.

smh

wiseone wrote:Football. Man Utd beats the team top of the EPL one weekend. The next game/weekend they lose to the team bottom of the league. Insane sport.
balo wrote:

United 3 goals in 2H
Roma 3-0 Bartha
Juve 3 goals v RM
Spurs loose
United loose

Beating Pep's team has its toll. :D
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Pogba needs to grow up, I don't care about his fancy haircuts as far as he performs on the pitch, compare him to DuBryne, that guy has been the business all season, he will need a strong world cup or else he will be a has been and his transfer value will go down, If Mourinho feels he is a distraction, then please sell him prompt!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:Pogba needs to grow up, I don't care about his fancy haircuts as far as he performs on the pitch, compare him to DuBryne, that guy has been the business all season, he will need a strong world cup or else he will be a has been and his transfer value will go down, If Mourinho feels he is a distraction, then please sell him prompt!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

...at the grand old age of 28?? or is he 29?

thanks

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

tfco wrote:and we all laughed at Liverpool when they beat City and lost to bottom Swansea the week after.

smh

balo wrote:

United 3 goals in 2H
Roma 3-0 Bartha
Juve 3 goals v RM
Spurs loose
United loose

Shows you how much YOU know.. Clown.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

marko wrote:Pogba needs to grow up, I don't care about his fancy haircuts as far as he performs on the pitch, compare him to DuBryne, that guy has been the business all season, he will need a strong world cup or else he will be a has been and his transfer value will go down, If Mourinho feels he is a distraction, then please sell him prompt!

I'm sure city fans would be in the same position telling DeBryne to "to grow up" if he was played as a CB all season long. :lol:

Pogba spent more than one season at Juve and showed how excellent he can be if deployed effectively. Forcing him to play #shyteonastick football and waiting for a miracle to not going to work. The onus is on your manager to deploy him (and the rest of his teammates) appropriately. Sell him, he will go somewhere else and excel again.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

metalalloy wrote:

smh

balo wrote:

United 3 goals in 2H
Roma 3-0 Bartha
Juve 3 goals v RM
Spurs loose
United loose

Shows you how much YOU know.. Clown.
again...what is your point???

lol we yab teams every week for losing....duh

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

World class West Brom putting Liverpool under the knife :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

#levels
#shyteonastick

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

metalalloy wrote:World class West Brom putting Liverpool under the knife :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

#levels
#shyteonastick
WC Swansea did that to Pool...when they were bottom of the pile

#levels

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

metalalloy wrote:World class West Brom putting Liverpool under the knife :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

#levels
#shyteonastick
It's now two-too :mrgreen:
Last edited by Kako on Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Topic- West Bromwich
Brings up Swansea :lol:

#confusedclown

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Kako wrote:

#levels
#shyteonastick
Two-too :mrgreen:

Hopefully they stay up so we can remember how much Heritage they have the next time they wire manure

Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

metalalloy wrote:
Kako wrote:

#levels
#shyteonastick
Two-too :mrgreen:

Hopefully they stay up so we can remember how much Heritage they have the next time they wire manure
:laugh:
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Kako wrote:

#levels
#shyteonastick
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

backfireeeeeeee

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

metalalloy wrote:Topic- West Bromwich
Brings up Swansea :lol:

#confusedclown
there are more than 3 teams in the league

# 2-2 FT

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

tfco wrote:
Kako wrote:

#levels
#shyteonastick
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

backfireeeeeeee
A relegation bound team tying at home is a “backfireeee” :rotf: :rotf:

you really wear your resident clown crown with pride don’t Ya? :rotf: