Onyekuru Back in training

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Onyekuru Back in training

Post by Odas »

cchinukw wrote:In a dream of the night, I saw Okocha 3.0 being released to the SE to finish what Okocha 1.0 couldn't.

Onyekuru even resembu Oga sef. :thumbs:
Na wa-oo! Somebody who highlighted the word "CEASE", which I used in a sentence written in broken English instead of his preferred word "SEIZE", is here doing the same thing by writing "resembu." Hmm, some people has no sense at all. Too many DUMMIES in the Site
Last edited by Odas on Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Odas wrote:
cchinukw wrote:In a dream of the night, I saw Okocha 3.0 being released to the SE to finish what Okocha 1.0 couldn't.

Na wa-oo! Somebody who highlighted the word "CEASE", which I used in a sentence written in broken English instead of his preferred word "SEIZE", is here doing the same thing by writing "resemblu." Hmm, some people has no sense at all. Too many DUMMIES in the Site
I hope you realize he's joking and he's obviously spelling out a pidgin pronunciation of the word
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

niyi wrote:
Odas wrote:

Na wa-oo! Somebody who highlighted the word "CEASE", which I used in a sentence written in broken English instead of his preferred word "SEIZE", is here doing the same thing by writing "resemblu." Hmm, some people has no sense at all. Too many DUMMIES in the Site
I hope you realize he's joking and he's obviously spelling out a pidgin pronunciation of the word
Chief Niyi, ... and my sentence wasn't in pidgin pronunciation and I wasn't joking? Please which other way do we spell SEIZE in pidgin English? Please tell me so I can know for next time.

By the way, why didn't you tell him, I wrote in PIDGIN?
Last edited by Odas on Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

odas, you no sabi english, even if you try force yourself to write am, the thing no dey work. so chop rice leave stone, there is no fixing of you.. you be lost case..nah manage we dey manage you .. book no be your own, e get some people no matter how hard them try read, the thing no dey enter dem head .... you odas, nah advance askari wey no be am at all at all
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote:odas, you no sabi english, even if you try force yourself to write am, the thing no dey work. so chop rice leave stone, there is no fixing of you.. you be lost case..nah manage we dey manage you .. book no be your own, e get some people no matter how hard them try read, the thing no dey enter dem head .... you odas, nah advance askari wey no be am at all at all
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: The one with CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS, yet is only an Associates degree holder and is more educated than everyone else.

The one who has over 74,000 posts and in many cases, says nothing except to tell the Mods to ban King FUTCHA because he was insulted elsewhere :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Mumu!

The one who OPENED a THREAD to say I cannot analyze games because I didn't criticize our present goalkeepers and the THREAD was quickly sent elsewhere? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: These things show how foolish you are, dummy!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Odas wrote:

Na wa-oo! Somebody who highlighted the word "CEASE", which I used in a sentence written in broken English instead of his preferred word "SEIZE", is here doing the same thing by writing "resembu." Hmm, some people has no sense at all. Too many DUMMIES in the Site
Woah, seriously? So 'cease' is the broken pronunciation of 'seize'? But they are both English words with different meanings. Sounds like he was correcting you for using the wrong English word, not broken.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

maceo4 wrote:
Odas wrote:

Woah, seriously? So 'cease' is the broken pronunciation of 'seize'? But they are both English words with different meanings. Sounds like he was correcting you for using the wrong English word, not broken.
How do you spell SEIZE in BROKEN English other than CEASE?

Since you keep inserting yourself in my business, what will it take for you to understand the phrase or words: "Move on?" Once more, I am NOT INTERESTED IN TALKING TO YOU. Please MOVE-ON.

Yes, he was correcting me when I wrote in PIDGIN English and I am correcting him as well when he wrote in the same mode of English.

Please move-on and LEAVE me alone. I am not interested in having anything to do with you. Thanks, goodbye and good luck to you - Sir!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Odas wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Odas wrote:

How do you spell SEIZE in BROKEN English other than CEASE?

Since you keep inserting yourself in my business, what will it take for you to understand the phrase or words: "Move on?" Once more, I am NOT INTERESTED IN TALKING TO YOU. Please MOVE-ON.
Ol' boy you are free to do as you please, abi na wetin?
Yes, he was correcting me when I wrote in PIDGIN English and I am correcting him as well when he wrote in the same mode of English.
Seize and Cease are two different English words, neither one of those is pidgin...
Please move-on and LEAVE me alone. I am not interested in having anything to do with you. Thanks, goodbye and good luck to you - Sir!
Thank you. :thumb:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

platinum wrote:https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43808812
Fit-again striker Henry Onyekuru is desperate to prove his fitness and form to force his way into Nigeria's World Cup squad.

He admits his hopes depend on how he performs in the next two months as he comes back from a serious knee injury.

The 20-year-old is on loan at Belgian club Anderlecht from Everton.

"I have to prove that I'm able and worthy to go and play - once I do that - it's up to the manager to select the team," he told BBC Sport.

"There is a lot of competition which is good. We have a strong team good enough to represent the country very well."

It was originally feared he would be out for up to six months after he suffered the knee injury in an encounter with former team Eupen three days before Christmas.

An extended layoff would have ruled him out of the summer's World Cup finals, but a swift return to Everton to follow his rehabilitation programme has helped his quick recovery.

"I feel great. I'm just thankful to God for getting me through this injury and all the medical team at both clubs for their help," said Onyekuru, who signed a five-year deal when he moved to Merseyside back in June.

"To be able to come back without having surgery is a blessing."

Nigeria coach Gernot Rohr has also boosted Onyekuru's hopes by saying there is still a chance for someone to make the squad by impressing in the next couple of weeks.

"Coach Rohr says the World Cup door has not been shut against any player and is happy that Onyekuru is back," team spokesman Toyin Ibitoye told BBC Sport.

"We hope he's back better, stronger, hungrier and sharper than he was before his layoff."

Onyekuru's 22 goals for his Belgian top-flight club Eupen last season caught the eyes of the Super Eagles coach and he was given a run out in Nigeria's last World Cup qualifier in Algeria in November when he came on in the second half of the 1-1 draw.

Nine goals in 19 league games and four appearances in the Uefa Champions League matches for the Brussels outfit before his injury made a deep impression on Rohr.

In his absence, the team has formed a great bond and Onyekuru knows he could face a battle to earn a spot but is determined to prove himself.

However, he is cautious about the value of his past form in the competition for striking places in Rohr's final 23-man squad for Russia.

"I had a good chat with coach Rohr, he wished me well and I would love to use these remaining games to show I'm back and ready to soar with the Super Eagles at the World Cup," he added.

"Everything is God's plan. I am still young and in my career maybe I can play in two or three World Cups, but for now I am focused on playing well for Anderlecht, and see what happen in the summer.

"It's everyone's dream to play in a World Cup so of course that is the goal."
This is about the size of it. Feel free to ignore all the nonsense some people have been talking. If Onyekuru stays fit and performs well for Anderlecht, he’s in. That’s the bottom line :!:

Cheers.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
Fit-again striker Henry Onyekuru is desperate to prove his fitness and form to force his way into Nigeria's World Cup squad.

He admits his hopes depend on how he performs in the next two months as he comes back from a serious knee injury.

"I have to prove that I'm able and worthy to go and play - once I do that - it's up to the manager to select the team," he told BBC Sport.

"There is a lot of competition which is good. We have a strong team good enough to represent the country very well."

It was originally feared he would be out for up to six months after he suffered the knee injury in an encounter with former team Eupen three days before Christmas.

An extended layoff would have ruled him out of the summer's World Cup finals, but a swift return to Everton to follow his rehabilitation programme has helped his quick recovery.

"I feel great. I'm just thankful to God for getting me through this injury and all the medical team at both clubs for their help," said Onyekuru, who signed a five-year deal when he moved to Merseyside back in June.

Nigeria coach Gernot Rohr has also boosted Onyekuru's hopes by saying there is still a chance for someone to make the squad by impressing in the next couple of weeks.

"Coach Rohr says the World Cup door has not been shut against any player and is happy that Onyekuru is back," team spokesman Toyin Ibitoye told BBC Sport.

"We hope he's back better, stronger, hungrier and sharper than he was before his layoff."

Onyekuru's 22 goals for his Belgian top-flight club Eupen last season caught the eyes of the Super Eagles coach and he was given a run out in Nigeria's last World Cup qualifier in Algeria in November when he came on in the second half of the 1-1 draw.

Nine goals in 19 league games and four appearances in the Uefa Champions League matches for the Brussels outfit before his injury made a deep impression on Rohr.

In his absence, the team has formed a great bond and Onyekuru knows he could face a battle to earn a spot but is determined to prove himself.

However, he is cautious about the value of his past form in the competition for striking places in Rohr's final 23-man squad for Russia.

"I had a good chat with coach Rohr, he wished me well and I would love to use these remaining games to show I'm back and ready to soar with the Super Eagles at the World Cup," he added.

"Everything is God's plan. I am still young and in my career maybe I can play in two or three World Cups, but for now I am focused on playing well for Anderlecht, and see what happen in the summer.

This is about the size of it. Feel free to ignore all the nonsense some people have been talking. If Onyekuru stays fit and performs well for Anderlecht, he’s in. That’s the bottom line :!:

Cheers.
TTTK, decode this part:
Does that mean he wasn't good enough before his layoff? :taunt:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

maceo4 wrote:
TTTK, decode this part:
We hope he's back better, stronger, hungrier and sharper than he was before his layoff."
You have a knack for missing the obvious, don’t you? The most important phrase in that quote is bolded; they want him back but you managed to miss that didn’t you, you hopeless dummy :mrgreen: :!:

Cheers.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

maceo4 wrote:
TTTK, decode this part:
We hope he's back better, stronger, hungrier and sharper than he was before his layoff."
You have a knack for missing the obvious, don’t you? The most important phrase in that quote is bolded; they want him back but you managed to miss that didn’t you, you hopeless dummy :mrgreen: :!:

Cheers.
Lol, he’s already back isn’t he, so that clearly can’t be the most important of the sentence. It’s how they want him to come back, which is better than he was before. Keep vexing and abusing, he won’t be back to SE. :rotf: :rotf:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

Cheers.
old boy na wa for you o!
you just went and destroyed all chance for unnecessary opaks yarning on this issue by posting this... :huh:
i think you should be banned :taunt: :taunt:
YNWA
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

Other than Moses, which other Eagle fit dribu into the box for penalty? Na only Onyekuru
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

nzeogwu wrote:Other than Moses, which other Eagle fit dribu into the box for penalty? Na only Onyekuru

Mikel, Musa, iwobi, simon, nacho ...... since the foul has to be committed by the opposition anybody can get fouled.
OCCUPY NFF!!
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

Lol. Seriously, who has the high speed, direct approach (ball at your feet in tight control) to attack the goal?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

nzeogwu wrote:Lol. Seriously, who has the high speed, direct approach (ball at your feet in tight control) to attack the goal?
Simon, Moses, Iwobi etc..
Super Eagus 4 Life!