Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:08 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:15 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:07 am
Posts: 40614
bully12 wrote:
oloye wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
Honestly, I’d rather Onyekuru than simon who does nothing for me :!:


Cheers.

Just curious ,just what has Onyekuru done for the SE too? I know Simon featured in the qualifiers and even scored....so just what makes Onyekuru who has even been out injured better than Simon?

I dont know either from Adam or Eve...simply looking at the evidence before me.
The evidence before you lacks all the facts and truth for you to make correct pronouncement. Also you are parochial looking at his records with SE only , which he was give a minimum opportunity to show his stuff. Please be a little bit broad minded look at his club's records and his stellar performances before you pass you biased judgement . Do not pre judge before you observe all the evidence it is called prejudice .

Thank you sir....now back to the question i ask pls. I dont know where the parochial nonsense came from.....one has played for SE , while the other has not played .....i dobt know why the coach preferred Simon over him, that is the business of the coach who is paid to make those decisions.

The evidence before me simply says one has played and cannot be compared to the one who has not. The evidence says one has experience in the national team while the other does not. The evidence says one is just recovering from injury and a long layoff, while at least the other has been active.

How can anyone say two months before the world Onyekuru has more to offer...that is nothing but sheer sentiments.

This is not saying the boy is not good,his talents are there...but as far as SE and the world cup is concerned...Simon holds all the aces.

Feel free to disagree...it is one of the things i enjoy on this site.

_________________
Image
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:05 pm
Posts: 3895
oloye wrote:
bully12 wrote:
oloye wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
Honestly, I’d rather Onyekuru than simon who does nothing for me :!:


Cheers.

Just curious ,just what has Onyekuru done for the SE too? I know Simon featured in the qualifiers and even scored....so just what makes Onyekuru who has even been out injured better than Simon?

I dont know either from Adam or Eve...simply looking at the evidence before me.
The evidence before you lacks all the facts and truth for you to make correct pronouncement. Also you are parochial looking at his records with SE only , which he was give a minimum opportunity to show his stuff. Please be a little bit broad minded look at his club's records and his stellar performances before you pass you biased judgement . Do not pre judge before you observe all the evidence it is called prejudice .

Thank you sir....now back to the question i ask pls. I dont know where the parochial nonsense came from.....one has played for SE , while the other has not played .....i dobt know why the coach preferred Simon over him, that is the business of the coach who is paid to make those decisions.

The evidence before me simply says one has played and cannot be compared to the one who has not. The evidence says one has experience in the national team while the other does not. The evidence says one is just recovering from injury and a long layoff, while at least the other has been active.

How can anyone say two months before the world Onyekuru has more to offer...that is nothing but sheer sentiments.

This is not saying the boy is not good,his talents are there...but as far as SE and the world cup is concerned...Simon holds all the aces.

Feel free to disagree...it is one of the things i enjoy on this site.
You are definitely insular in prouncing your verdict . Unfortunately you are basing your assessment on his performances with SE only . Unluckily for him we have an inept coach who is very myopic and has failed woefully to recognize his amazing skill and talent. His bravura performances with his club is very glaring for everybody to see. He plays in this same league with Moses Simon but his records and performance invariably dwarf Moses records. I'm surprise you are basing your judgement with his SE performance which our feckless coach has unfairly given him little or no chance. Like I said stop being parochial look at overall performances of the players both club and country. He can not force him on the national team if the coach for no just cause or football reason given him a minimal opportunity to prove himself .


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 15218
oloye wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
Honestly, I’d rather Onyekuru than simon who does nothing for me :!:


Cheers.

Just curious ,just what has Onyekuru done for the SE too? I know Simon featured in the qualifiers and even scored....so just what makes Onyekuru who has even been out injured better than Simon?

I dont know either from Adam or Eve...simply looking at the evidence before me.


1, Onyekuru has better YouTube videos than Simon Moses.
2, Onyekuru is an Everton player so he must be better because he belongs to an English club.
3, Onyekuru is often covered by the BBC and they speak really good English on BBC.

:thumb:

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 1:59 pm
Posts: 8429
Honestly, this boy must have family and agents here on CE. His shrining pass Okocha one sef! :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:29 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 36332
Location: UK
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
oloye wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
Honestly, I’d rather Onyekuru than simon who does nothing for me :!:


Cheers.

Just curious ,just what has Onyekuru done for the SE too? I know Simon featured in the qualifiers and even scored....so just what makes Onyekuru who has even been out injured better than Simon?

I dont know either from Adam or Eve...simply looking at the evidence before me.


1, Onyekuru has better YouTube videos than Simon Moses.
2, Onyekuru is an Everton player so he must be better because he belongs to an English club.
3, Onyekuru is often covered by the BBC and they speak really good English on BBC.

:thumb:
And Bully 12 really loves 'good' English! :thumbs:

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 35895
Location: Land of the Terrapins
The guy no dey fear


_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 7:55 pm
Posts: 7808
vancity eagle wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
Honestly, I’d rather Onyekuru than simon who does nothing for me :!:


Cheers.


Simon is better than Musa and has done more for SE since Rohr took over.

Musa is first up on the chopping block.


In what way? Statistically or by pedigree? Dude, everyone knows you lack objectivity where musa is concerned :!:


Cheers.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
Posts: 1055
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
Honestly, I’d rather Onyekuru than simon who does nothing for me :!:


Cheers.


Simon is better than Musa and has done more for SE since Rohr took over.

Musa is first up on the chopping block.


In what way? Statistically or by pedigree? Dude, everyone knows you lack objectivity where musa is concerned :!:


Cheers.

I wouldn't go as far as saying Musa is crap, considering how he puts his all in all when playing for Nigeria, and has definitely had brilliant moments playing in the GWG, but if we are to be honest, we should tell it the way it is... Musa brings nothing more than pace pace pace, in football you have to have the extra bit of cutting edge quality like a Salah, Mane, Sterling and other pacey types of players... which Musa unfortunately doesn't have or has failed to harness cause the quality is surely there...reason why he couldn't cut it at leicester.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 7:55 pm
Posts: 7808
oloye wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
Honestly, I’d rather Onyekuru than simon who does nothing for me :!:


Cheers.

Just curious ,just what has Onyekuru done for the SE too? I know Simon featured in the qualifiers and even scored....so just what makes Onyekuru who has even been out injured better than Simon?

I dont know either from Adam or Eve...simply looking at the evidence before me.


Oloye, for a former professional, you sometimes amaze me with your unsound postulations. If being part of the team is the primary factor in selection, what would be the point in considering new players ever? Why did Balogun and Ekong superceed the former central defenders and so on and so forth? Every so often, a player comes along with so much visible talent that you know it’s only a matter of time before he stakes a claim in the squad. Onyekuru is such a player and even though his injury was a bit of a setback, I believe there’s still time for him to impress his way into the World Cup squad. Believe that :!:


Cheers.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 35895
Location: Land of the Terrapins
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
oloye wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
Honestly, I’d rather Onyekuru than simon who does nothing for me :!:


Cheers.

Just curious ,just what has Onyekuru done for the SE too? I know Simon featured in the qualifiers and even scored....so just what makes Onyekuru who has even been out injured better than Simon?

I dont know either from Adam or Eve...simply looking at the evidence before me.


Oloye, for a former professional, you sometimes amaze me with your unsound postulations. If being part of the team is the primary factor in selection, what would be the point in considering new players ever? Why did Balogun and Ekong superceed the former central defenders and so on and so forth? Every so often, a player comes along with so much visible talent that you know it’s only a matter of time before he stakes a claim in the squad. Onyekuru is such a player and even though his injury was a bit of a setback, I believe there’s still time for him to impress his way into the World Cup squad. Believe that :!:


Cheers.


He's had chances to impress in training, but Rohr must not have seen enough to use him much on game day. Even in the friendlies he played and the Algeria cameo he didn't really distinguish himself and that's all before his injury, so I'm not sure if he's done enough to get Rohr to consider him again before the big dance. Like Amuzie said, if you are on the fringe and you get your chance with the SE you need to show out to stake your claim, but don't think he's shown enough as of yet and Moses Simon is ahead of him in the pecking order as far as SE is concerned.

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 76097
Location: Earth
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
oloye wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
Honestly, I’d rather Onyekuru than simon who does nothing for me :!:


Cheers.

Just curious ,just what has Onyekuru done for the SE too? I know Simon featured in the qualifiers and even scored....so just what makes Onyekuru who has even been out injured better than Simon?

I dont know either from Adam or Eve...simply looking at the evidence before me.


Oloye, for a former professional, you sometimes amaze me with your unsound postulations. If being part of the team is the primary factor in selection, what would be the point in considering new players ever? Why did Balogun and Ekong superceed the former central defenders and so on and so forth? Every so often, a player comes along with so much visible talent that you know it’s only a matter of time before he stakes a claim in the squad. Onyekuru is such a player and even though his injury was a bit of a setback, I believe there’s still time for him to impress his way into the World Cup squad. Believe that :!:


Cheers.

you didn't answer his question, what has Onyekuru ( injured) done to even dislodge Musa or Simon? You do know we are stacked when it comes to wide players. FYI Musa is a sure banker for the worldcup, I have no idea where all these drop Musa etc came from, seems yall have no idea about football in Nigeria... Mikel, Onazi Musa and Uwa are all the big boys of the current team.. make una open una eyes..these players are automatic for the SE....

_________________
SuperEagles

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:22 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:07 am
Posts: 40614
maceo4 wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
oloye wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
Honestly, I’d rather Onyekuru than simon who does nothing for me :!:


Cheers.

Just curious ,just what has Onyekuru done for the SE too? I know Simon featured in the qualifiers and even scored....so just what makes Onyekuru who has even been out injured better than Simon?

I dont know either from Adam or Eve...simply looking at the evidence before me.


Oloye, for a former professional, you sometimes amaze me with your unsound postulations. If being part of the team is the primary factor in selection, what would be the point in considering new players ever? Why did Balogun and Ekong superceed the former central defenders and so on and so forth? Every so often, a player comes along with so much visible talent that you know it’s only a matter of time before he stakes a claim in the squad. Onyekuru is such a player and even though his injury was a bit of a setback, I believe there’s still time for him to impress his way into the World Cup squad. Believe that :!:


Cheers.


He's had chances to impress in training, but Rohr must not have seen enough to use him much on game day. Even in the friendlies he played and the Algeria cameo he didn't really distinguish himself and that's all before his injury, so I'm not sure if he's done enough to get Rohr to consider him again before the big dance. Like Amuzie said, if you are on the fringe and you get your chance with the SE you need to show out to stake your claim, but don't think he's shown enough as of yet and Moses Simon is ahead of him in the pecking order as far as SE is concerned.

Geez and the great Killer of Tiger claims i amaze him with my unsound logic. Sir TK the people you mentioned got opportunity during qualifiers and not at the major event....i am surprised you cannot see how bizzare this sounds..but hey once you manage to convince yourself i sound unsound it becones easy to hear the sound you wanr to sound.

Lwt me break it down..qe are not ralking of next game around the corner ,we are not talking of a friendly or qualifier...we are talking of the main event, the world cup where the best, the fittest and exoerienced come together to pit their skills against one another. Our boy is not even fit to start with .....let us start from there first and pick the rest in 2 months time.

Like i said Simon holds all the aces!

Abeg stop harrassing me and Simon :lol: Bully12 has scattered my head with grammar and bow you threaten me with the dane gun you used to kill all the tigers in umu igbo land.

_________________
Image
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:26 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:07 am
Posts: 40614
maceo4 wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
oloye wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
Honestly, I’d rather Onyekuru than simon who does nothing for me :!:


Cheers.

Just curious ,just what has Onyekuru done for the SE too? I know Simon featured in the qualifiers and even scored....so just what makes Onyekuru who has even been out injured better than Simon?

I dont know either from Adam or Eve...simply looking at the evidence before me.


Oloye, for a former professional, you sometimes amaze me with your unsound postulations. If being part of the team is the primary factor in selection, what would be the point in considering new players ever? Why did Balogun and Ekong superceed the former central defenders and so on and so forth? Every so often, a player comes along with so much visible talent that you know it’s only a matter of time before he stakes a claim in the squad. Onyekuru is such a player and even though his injury was a bit of a setback, I believe there’s still time for him to impress his way into the World Cup squad. Believe that :!:


Cheers.


He's had chances to impress in training, but Rohr must not have seen enough to use him much on game day. Even in the friendlies he played and the Algeria cameo he didn't really distinguish himself and that's all before his injury, so I'm not sure if he's done enough to get Rohr to consider him again before the big dance. Like Amuzie said, if you are on the fringe and you get your chance with the SE you need to show out to stake your claim, but don't think he's shown enough as of yet and Moses Simon is ahead of him in the pecking order as far as SE is concerned.

Simple and his injury a major one has bot helped matters. He would have pushed Simon if he was not injured and was able to replicate the form of last season. How people ignore the nature of his injury just because of some clips of him in training amazes me.
His biggest problem is not even Simon, it is fitness, the season is almost over..where does he turn to for fitness?

_________________
Image
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 7:55 pm
Posts: 7808
Bigpokey24 wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
oloye wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
Honestly, I’d rather Onyekuru than simon who does nothing for me :!:


Cheers.

Just curious ,just what has Onyekuru done for the SE too? I know Simon featured in the qualifiers and even scored....so just what makes Onyekuru who has even been out injured better than Simon?

I dont know either from Adam or Eve...simply looking at the evidence before me.


Oloye, for a former professional, you sometimes amaze me with your unsound postulations. If being part of the team is the primary factor in selection, what would be the point in considering new players ever? Why did Balogun and Ekong superceed the former central defenders and so on and so forth? Every so often, a player comes along with so much visible talent that you know it’s only a matter of time before he stakes a claim in the squad. Onyekuru is such a player and even though his injury was a bit of a setback, I believe there’s still time for him to impress his way into the World Cup squad. Believe that :!:


Cheers.

you didn't answer his question, what has Onyekuru ( injured) done to even dislodge Musa or Simon? You do know we are stacked when it comes to wide players. FYI Musa is a sure banker for the worldcup, I have no idea where all these drop Musa etc came from, seems yall have no idea about football in Nigeria... Mikel, Onazi Musa and Uwa are all the big boys of the current team.. make una open una eyes..these players are automatic for the SE....


This guy. Where did you hear me talk about Onyekuru in relation to Musa? I, unlike some morons on this forum, happen to think that Musa is a sure bet for Russia but you prefer the sound of your voice to actually listening to what people say. As for the question, two words; Eupen and Anderlecht. That’s what Onyekuru has done to dislodge Simon, IMHO. Simon has not come close to matching Onyekuru’s performance at either club. Onyekuru did suffer a huge setback but he’s back to full training and if indeed he’s able to regain full fitness and get back to his rampaging ways before the end of the season then Rhor, unless he’s really daft, which I don’t think he is, will have no choice in the matter. The kid is that good. The only thing that will prevent him from going to the World Cup is lack of fitness :!:


Cheers.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 15218
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
oloye wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
Honestly, I’d rather Onyekuru than simon who does nothing for me :!:


Cheers.

Just curious ,just what has Onyekuru done for the SE too? I know Simon featured in the qualifiers and even scored....so just what makes Onyekuru who has even been out injured better than Simon?

I dont know either from Adam or Eve...simply looking at the evidence before me.


Oloye, for a former professional, you sometimes amaze me with your unsound postulations. If being part of the team is the primary factor in selection, what would be the point in considering new players ever? Why did Balogun and Ekong superceed the former central defenders and so on and so forth? Every so often, a player comes along with so much visible talent that you know it’s only a matter of time before he stakes a claim in the squad. Onyekuru is such a player and even though his injury was a bit of a setback, I believe there’s still time for him to impress his way into the World Cup squad. Believe that :!:


Cheers.

you didn't answer his question, what has Onyekuru ( injured) done to even dislodge Musa or Simon? You do know we are stacked when it comes to wide players. FYI Musa is a sure banker for the worldcup, I have no idea where all these drop Musa etc came from, seems yall have no idea about football in Nigeria... Mikel, Onazi Musa and Uwa are all the big boys of the current team.. make una open una eyes..these players are automatic for the SE....


This guy. Where did you hear me talk about Onyekuru in relation to Musa? I, unlike some morons on this forum, happen to think that Musa is a sure bet for Russia but you prefer the sound of your voice to actually listening to what people say. As for the question, two words; Eupen and Anderlecht. That’s what Onyekuru has done to dislodge Simon, IMHO. Simon has not come close to matching Onyekuru’s performance at either club. Onyekuru did suffer a huge setback but he’s back to full training and if indeed he’s able to regain full fitness and get back to his rampaging ways before the end of the season then Rhor, unless he’s really daft, which I don’t think he is, will have no choice in the matter. The kid is that good. The only thing that will prevent him from going to the World Cup is lack of fitness :!:


Cheers.



Wouldn't it be daft to believe that Simon and Onyekuru are the same type of player? Can Onyekuru play the same position that Simon plays for SE and handle the same defensive responsibilities that Simon does? Your yamtube is playing tricks on ya.

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 7:55 pm
Posts: 7808
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
oloye wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
Honestly, I’d rather Onyekuru than simon who does nothing for me :!:


Cheers.

Just curious ,just what has Onyekuru done for the SE too? I know Simon featured in the qualifiers and even scored....so just what makes Onyekuru who has even been out injured better than Simon?

I dont know either from Adam or Eve...simply looking at the evidence before me.


Oloye, for a former professional, you sometimes amaze me with your unsound postulations. If being part of the team is the primary factor in selection, what would be the point in considering new players ever? Why did Balogun and Ekong superceed the former central defenders and so on and so forth? Every so often, a player comes along with so much visible talent that you know it’s only a matter of time before he stakes a claim in the squad. Onyekuru is such a player and even though his injury was a bit of a setback, I believe there’s still time for him to impress his way into the World Cup squad. Believe that :!:


Cheers.

you didn't answer his question, what has Onyekuru ( injured) done to even dislodge Musa or Simon? You do know we are stacked when it comes to wide players. FYI Musa is a sure banker for the worldcup, I have no idea where all these drop Musa etc came from, seems yall have no idea about football in Nigeria... Mikel, Onazi Musa and Uwa are all the big boys of the current team.. make una open una eyes..these players are automatic for the SE....


This guy. Where did you hear me talk about Onyekuru in relation to Musa? I, unlike some morons on this forum, happen to think that Musa is a sure bet for Russia but you prefer the sound of your voice to actually listening to what people say. As for the question, two words; Eupen and Anderlecht. That’s what Onyekuru has done to dislodge Simon, IMHO. Simon has not come close to matching Onyekuru’s performance at either club. Onyekuru did suffer a huge setback but he’s back to full training and if indeed he’s able to regain full fitness and get back to his rampaging ways before the end of the season then Rhor, unless he’s really daft, which I don’t think he is, will have no choice in the matter. The kid is that good. The only thing that will prevent him from going to the World Cup is lack of fitness :!:


Cheers.



Wouldn't it be daft to believe that Simon and Onyekuru are the same type of player? Can Onyekuru play the same position that Simon plays for SE and handle the same defensive responsibilities that Simon does? Your yamtube is playing tricks on ya.


Suddenly, the goalpost shifts to they are not the same type of player. What nonsense. You need to go back to eating your gworo, fool. Bottom line, Simon isn’t half the player Onyekuru is. Take that to the bank :!:


Cheers.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:34 pm
Posts: 1839
Onyekuru is a talented player for the future but hasn’t done anything to dislodge simon or Musa this late to the World Cup. The likes of Simon, Musa contributed immensely to our WCQ and can’t be benched by a player that might be the same level or even slightly better than them. onyekuru might be slightly better than Musa or Simon but he isn’t more familiar, stable and used to our Coach mentality, Tactics and Formations therefore it’s quite arrogant thinking coach should drop Simon or Musa this late for onyekuru and situations like this can cause Divisions on the team. I have said this multiple times people here should Return players Money and shouldn’t expect newer faces except for injuries. After World Cup, newer players can be integrated and no one will Complain. ONYEKURU seems like an EXCEPTIONAL talent that should be able to dislodge older players but I won’t complain if rohr omits him from our team. I believe that injuries distracted his chances of making Super eagles 2018 squad but will finally play consistently after World Cup


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:27 pm
Posts: 29295
Location: Displaced Naija. Don't bother
In a dream of the night, I saw Okocha 3.0 being released to the SE to finish what Okocha 1.0 couldn't.

Onyekuru even resembu Oga sef. :thumbs:

_________________
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

“Emery put on so many videos I ran out of popcorn,” former player Joaquín quipped, “he’s obsessed by football, it’s practically an illness.”

Post Wenger-Arsenal go sweero


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 7:55 pm
Posts: 7808
john12 wrote:
Onyekuru is a talented player for the future but hasn’t done anything to dislodge simon or Musa this late to the World Cup. The likes of Simon, Musa contributed immensely to our WCQ and can’t be benched by a player that might be the same level or even slightly better than them. onyekuru might be slightly better than Musa or Simon but he isn’t more familiar, stable and used to our Coach mentality, Tactics and Formations therefore it’s quite arrogant thinking coach should drop Simon or Musa this late for onyekuru and situations like this can cause Divisions on the team. I have said this multiple times people here should Return players Money and shouldn’t expect newer faces except for injuries. After World Cup, newer players can be integrated and no one will Complain. ONYEKURU seems like an EXCEPTIONAL talent that should be able to dislodge older players but I won’t complain if rohr omits him from our team. I believe that injuries distracted his chances of making Super eagles 2018 squad but will finally play consistently after World Cup


You lead the way. Return Simon’s money, at least the remainder that you haven’t spent on ashawos :!:


Cheers.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 76097
Location: Earth
Tony, simon has been very good for the SE..the last 2 games he played vs Cameroon 2ce..he was all that. He is more vital right now to the SE, compared to Onye....recovering from knee injuries, shouldn't be rushed

_________________
SuperEagles

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:30 pm
Posts: 40750
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43808812

Quote:
Fit-again striker Henry Onyekuru is desperate to prove his fitness and form to force his way into Nigeria's World Cup squad.

He admits his hopes depend on how he performs in the next two months as he comes back from a serious knee injury.

The 20-year-old is on loan at Belgian club Anderlecht from Everton.

"I have to prove that I'm able and worthy to go and play - once I do that - it's up to the manager to select the team," he told BBC Sport.

"There is a lot of competition which is good. We have a strong team good enough to represent the country very well."

It was originally feared he would be out for up to six months after he suffered the knee injury in an encounter with former team Eupen three days before Christmas.

An extended layoff would have ruled him out of the summer's World Cup finals, but a swift return to Everton to follow his rehabilitation programme has helped his quick recovery.

"I feel great. I'm just thankful to God for getting me through this injury and all the medical team at both clubs for their help," said Onyekuru, who signed a five-year deal when he moved to Merseyside back in June.

"To be able to come back without having surgery is a blessing."

Nigeria coach Gernot Rohr has also boosted Onyekuru's hopes by saying there is still a chance for someone to make the squad by impressing in the next couple of weeks.

"Coach Rohr says the World Cup door has not been shut against any player and is happy that Onyekuru is back," team spokesman Toyin Ibitoye told BBC Sport.

"We hope he's back better, stronger, hungrier and sharper than he was before his layoff."

Onyekuru's 22 goals for his Belgian top-flight club Eupen last season caught the eyes of the Super Eagles coach and he was given a run out in Nigeria's last World Cup qualifier in Algeria in November when he came on in the second half of the 1-1 draw.

Nine goals in 19 league games and four appearances in the Uefa Champions League matches for the Brussels outfit before his injury made a deep impression on Rohr.

In his absence, the team has formed a great bond and Onyekuru knows he could face a battle to earn a spot but is determined to prove himself.

However, he is cautious about the value of his past form in the competition for striking places in Rohr's final 23-man squad for Russia.

"I had a good chat with coach Rohr, he wished me well and I would love to use these remaining games to show I'm back and ready to soar with the Super Eagles at the World Cup," he added.

"Everything is God's plan. I am still young and in my career maybe I can play in two or three World Cups, but for now I am focused on playing well for Anderlecht, and see what happen in the summer.

"It's everyone's dream to play in a World Cup so of course that is the goal."

_________________
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:38 pm
Posts: 5018
platinum wrote:
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43808812

Quote:
Fit-again striker Henry Onyekuru is desperate to prove his fitness and form to force his way into Nigeria's World Cup squad.

He admits his hopes depend on how he performs in the next two months as he comes back from a serious knee injury.

The 20-year-old is on loan at Belgian club Anderlecht from Everton.

"I have to prove that I'm able and worthy to go and play - once I do that - it's up to the manager to select the team," he told BBC Sport.

"There is a lot of competition which is good. We have a strong team good enough to represent the country very well."

It was originally feared he would be out for up to six months after he suffered the knee injury in an encounter with former team Eupen three days before Christmas.

An extended layoff would have ruled him out of the summer's World Cup finals, but a swift return to Everton to follow his rehabilitation programme has helped his quick recovery.

"I feel great. I'm just thankful to God for getting me through this injury and all the medical team at both clubs for their help," said Onyekuru, who signed a five-year deal when he moved to Merseyside back in June.

"To be able to come back without having surgery is a blessing."

Nigeria coach Gernot Rohr has also boosted Onyekuru's hopes by saying there is still a chance for someone to make the squad by impressing in the next couple of weeks.

"Coach Rohr says the World Cup door has not been shut against any player and is happy that Onyekuru is back," team spokesman Toyin Ibitoye told BBC Sport.

"We hope he's back better, stronger, hungrier and sharper than he was before his layoff."

Onyekuru's 22 goals for his Belgian top-flight club Eupen last season caught the eyes of the Super Eagles coach and he was given a run out in Nigeria's last World Cup qualifier in Algeria in November when he came on in the second half of the 1-1 draw.

Nine goals in 19 league games and four appearances in the Uefa Champions League matches for the Brussels outfit before his injury made a deep impression on Rohr.

In his absence, the team has formed a great bond and Onyekuru knows he could face a battle to earn a spot but is determined to prove himself.

However, he is cautious about the value of his past form in the competition for striking places in Rohr's final 23-man squad for Russia.

"I had a good chat with coach Rohr, he wished me well and I would love to use these remaining games to show I'm back and ready to soar with the Super Eagles at the World Cup," he added.

"Everything is God's plan. I am still young and in my career maybe I can play in two or three World Cups, but for now I am focused on playing well for Anderlecht, and see what happen in the summer.

"It's everyone's dream to play in a World Cup so of course that is the goal."


The ball is it Onyekuru's court..Glad to see him back from injury, the door is still still slightly ajar for him to stake a last minute claim. He will surely make it to camp but with 57 days to go to the WC, it's a big ask but not impossible.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:05 pm
Posts: 3895
I will pray fervently for him . I hope he takes his time, doesn't rush it to avoid re- injuring himself . There is no iota of doubt if he makes it to the World Cup he will definitely impress. I will always pick him over Musa , Simon and Kelechi. Absolutely a consummate and amazing player.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group