Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:29 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:32 pm
Posts: 27933
Cally wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Inside story is over 600m spent. Wages excluded. Congrats to them. The money could have been spent without achieving their objective so they deserve to be complemented


Did you read the article?
It's not a tough read, unless you're a hater, then it will be a bitter pill.... :taunt:

Chief, I don't need to read the article. That is the opinion of the writer. I formed my own opinion about Man City and Pep a long Tim ago.
Not many managers can have the tools and make it work. Pep gas. But Oep has always taken teams that have won things. Pep also works in environment where lack is also part of the pressure.

Maurinho took a club from Portugal to the top of European football. He's shown he can manage at middle of the road clubs as well as rich clubs.

Many good managers that could have given Pep a run for his skills don't have 300m to spend on defenders alone.

I recognize his achievements but 'm a firm believer in building a team not buying a team. For me Pep falls short on that. Their academy is utterly useless. It's like making a vegetable farm but going out to but all your vegetables.

I don't need to waste my time reading someone else's opinion of Pep.


Stop being a cheap hater. You are a Tottenham fan. Which of your defenders isn't more highly rated or expensive than the defenders Pep bought? On paper, Spurs likely has better defenders than City. Compare Otamendi, Stones, even that French dude, and Walker to the likes of Aldewereild, Sanchez, Vertoghen and tell me who the better defenders are. I would only single out Kompany as perhaps better than Spurs' centerbacks. Compare Lloris to Ederson, who would you have rated higher prior to this season?

Heck, Pep spent tons of money on Mendy, and the guy proceeded to get injured after only about 4 games. He's even in danger of not receiving a medal. Pep then used the right footed Danilo and a converted midfielder like Fabian Delph to walk the league. City ended paying so much money cause the likes of Tottenham skinned them with huge demands for average players like Walker. You overcharge them for your player, rejoice at making so much money from money-miss-roads and when they walk the league, you turn around and accuse them of buying the championship.

What a load of rubbish! Give credit to a deserving manager joor! Pep Guardiola.

Like I said, not everyone can make money work. But I recognize Pep has all the tools he needs. But he's outspend everyone and that must be recognized.

_________________
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:47 pm
Posts: 42952
Location: Akoko Highlands
Whatever team wins the EPL next season are going to get articles written extolling what they did right or better than the others. Either buying finished products or promoting from the academy.

No one begrudges City and their superb season, but to write off about 400M Pounds net-spend since Guardiola joined the team is being economic with the truth.

_________________
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 1:40 pm
Posts: 1708
balo wrote:
Whatever team wins the EPL next season are going to get articles written extolling what they did right or better than the others. Either buying finished products or promoting from the academy.

No one begrudges City and their superb season, but to write off about 400M Pounds net-spend since Guardiola joined the team is being economic with the truth.



Goes both ways......dismissing the quality of their performance is also being economic with the truth.

There is a reason why I told pajimoh to focus on what the articles is trying to focus on.....not that i am dismissing the fact that their outlay on players is much more than considerable but thats another topic for another day

come on.....Person 1: City won playing one the best football ever seen in the premier league era
Person 2: United Emirates human rights record, 400m outlay, pep should do it with a smaller team, yadayada
That is just a ridiculous attempt at deflection or clutching at straws
The article is about the quality of their football and how their manager got them to play like that.....not about how much they spent.
How hard is it to just admit that after the english pundits kept on harping about how Pep will never win the premier league with that style of playing....guess what he did it. It might not happen again but since the epl started no team has ever won the league playing that way(yes...some teams have won more).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:47 pm
Posts: 42952
Location: Akoko Highlands
bk-one wrote:
balo wrote:
Whatever team wins the EPL next season are going to get articles written extolling what they did right or better than the others. Either buying finished products or promoting from the academy.

No one begrudges City and their superb season, but to write off about 400M Pounds net-spend since Guardiola joined the team is being economic with the truth.



Goes both ways......dismissing the quality of their performance is also being economic with the truth.

There is a reason why I told pajimoh to focus on what the articles is trying to focus on.....not that i am dismissing the fact that their outlay on players is much more than considerable but thats another topic for another day

come on.....Person 1: City won playing one the best football ever seen in the premier league era
Person 2: United Emirates human rights record, 400m outlay, pep should do it with a smaller team, yadayada
That is just a ridiculous attempt at deflection or clutching at straws
The article is about the quality of their football and how their manager got them to play like that.....not about how much they spent.
How hard is it to just admit that after the english pundits kept on harping about how Pep will never win the premier league with that style of playing....guess what he did it. It might not happen again but since the epl started no team has ever won the league playing that way(yes...some teams have won more).


The catalyst in them playing "that way" is because of the quality of their players. I understand that they "bought in", but if they didn't have the quality to appreciate the Manager's ideas, we would all be here lambasting Guardiola.

_________________
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:37 am
Posts: 37450
Location: From the place where hardcore is beautiful
Football fans are the funniest people. It's like they can't accept a new style, team, coach, etc has come and upset the apple cart so they clutch at straws. When Man United, Chelsea, etc were winning trophies and dominating nobody was talking about money spent even though they outspent everyone else and had vast amounts of resources compared to everyone else but when Pep and City do it is an issue? GTFOH. Pep is a good coach and with the way City are going this season they're set to smash a lot of records and people are still making excuses. Congratulate or move on, everything is just saltiness.

_________________
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by Bigpokey24 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by Owiny Sigoma who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 5330
Location: Here
balo wrote:
bk-one wrote:
balo wrote:
Whatever team wins the EPL next season are going to get articles written extolling what they did right or better than the others. Either buying finished products or promoting from the academy.

No one begrudges City and their superb season, but to write off about 400M Pounds net-spend since Guardiola joined the team is being economic with the truth.



Goes both ways......dismissing the quality of their performance is also being economic with the truth.

There is a reason why I told pajimoh to focus on what the articles is trying to focus on.....not that i am dismissing the fact that their outlay on players is much more than considerable but thats another topic for another day

come on.....Person 1: City won playing one the best football ever seen in the premier league era
Person 2: United Emirates human rights record, 400m outlay, pep should do it with a smaller team, yadayada
That is just a ridiculous attempt at deflection or clutching at straws
The article is about the quality of their football and how their manager got them to play like that.....not about how much they spent.
How hard is it to just admit that after the english pundits kept on harping about how Pep will never win the premier league with that style of playing....guess what he did it. It might not happen again but since the epl started no team has ever won the league playing that way(yes...some teams have won more).


The catalyst in them playing "that way" is because of the quality of their players. I understand that they "bought in", but if they didn't have the quality to appreciate the Manager's ideas, we would all be here lambasting Guardiola.


Balo, granted you said we are saying the same thing. I think I differ in my definition of the so-called quality. Are we defining these players by how much they cost, or how good they actually were before Pep took them on? That is the crux of the matter. No one on this site would have been sure that De Bruyne, Sane, and Sterling would have played at the level and with the quality that they played this season. The players at Chelsea, United, Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool are arguably on paper, more heralded than the ones Pep used. What is the difference? Coaching! Let's just admit it.

The article said that he kept insisting that they never kick the ball long out from defence no matter the circumstance. Doing that is very difficult, and only comes with practice and dedication. It took time, but its now second nature to them. Coaching.

_________________
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 1:40 pm
Posts: 1708
Cally wrote:
balo wrote:
bk-one wrote:
balo wrote:
Whatever team wins the EPL next season are going to get articles written extolling what they did right or better than the others. Either buying finished products or promoting from the academy.

No one begrudges City and their superb season, but to write off about 400M Pounds net-spend since Guardiola joined the team is being economic with the truth.



Goes both ways......dismissing the quality of their performance is also being economic with the truth.

There is a reason why I told pajimoh to focus on what the articles is trying to focus on.....not that i am dismissing the fact that their outlay on players is much more than considerable but thats another topic for another day

come on.....Person 1: City won playing one the best football ever seen in the premier league era
Person 2: United Emirates human rights record, 400m outlay, pep should do it with a smaller team, yadayada
That is just a ridiculous attempt at deflection or clutching at straws
The article is about the quality of their football and how their manager got them to play like that.....not about how much they spent.
How hard is it to just admit that after the english pundits kept on harping about how Pep will never win the premier league with that style of playing....guess what he did it. It might not happen again but since the epl started no team has ever won the league playing that way(yes...some teams have won more).


The catalyst in them playing "that way" is because of the quality of their players. I understand that they "bought in", but if they didn't have the quality to appreciate the Manager's ideas, we would all be here lambasting Guardiola.


Balo, granted you said we are saying the same thing. I think I differ in my definition of the so-called quality. Are we defining these players by how much they cost, or how good they actually were before Pep took them on? That is the crux of the matter. No one on this site would have been sure that De Bruyne, Sane, and Sterling would have played at the level and with the quality that they played this season. The players at Chelsea, United, Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool are arguably on paper, more heralded than the ones Pep used. What is the difference? Coaching! Let's just admit it.

The article said that he kept insisting that they never kick the ball long out from defence no matter the circumstance. Doing that is very difficult, and only comes with practice and dedication. It took time, but its now second nature to them. Coaching.


there :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:47 pm
Posts: 42952
Location: Akoko Highlands
Cally wrote:
balo wrote:
bk-one wrote:
balo wrote:
Whatever team wins the EPL next season are going to get articles written extolling what they did right or better than the others. Either buying finished products or promoting from the academy.

No one begrudges City and their superb season, but to write off about 400M Pounds net-spend since Guardiola joined the team is being economic with the truth.



Goes both ways......dismissing the quality of their performance is also being economic with the truth.

There is a reason why I told pajimoh to focus on what the articles is trying to focus on.....not that i am dismissing the fact that their outlay on players is much more than considerable but thats another topic for another day

come on.....Person 1: City won playing one the best football ever seen in the premier league era
Person 2: United Emirates human rights record, 400m outlay, pep should do it with a smaller team, yadayada
That is just a ridiculous attempt at deflection or clutching at straws
The article is about the quality of their football and how their manager got them to play like that.....not about how much they spent.
How hard is it to just admit that after the english pundits kept on harping about how Pep will never win the premier league with that style of playing....guess what he did it. It might not happen again but since the epl started no team has ever won the league playing that way(yes...some teams have won more).


The catalyst in them playing "that way" is because of the quality of their players. I understand that they "bought in", but if they didn't have the quality to appreciate the Manager's ideas, we would all be here lambasting Guardiola.


Balo, granted you said we are saying the same thing. I think I differ in my definition of the so-called quality. Are we defining these players by how much they cost, or how good they actually were before Pep took them on? That is the crux of the matter. No one on this site would have been sure that De Bruyne, Sane, and Sterling would have played at the level and with the quality that they played this season. The players at Chelsea, United, Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool are arguably on paper, more heralded than the ones Pep used. What is the difference? Coaching! Let's just admit it.

The article said that he kept insisting that they never kick the ball long out from defence no matter the circumstance. Doing that is very difficult, and only comes with practice and dedication. It took time, but its now second nature to them. Coaching.



Guardiola has made his name coaching the best teams and players, I doubt anyone disagrees that he is quality.
But we can't deny that he could not impart his superior knowledge on Hart, Mangala, Nolito, Kelechi, Yaya Toure (2ce now?), Sagna. He had to get rid of them and bring in better replacements. Yaya dropped to the bench. The discarded are quality players in their own rights.

Sterling, Sane and De Bruyne were extremely talented players before they started playing for Pep. De Bruyne was already a known quality and running the City midfield since Manuel Pellegrini. His quality remains high under both coaches..

_________________
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:22 pm
Posts: 44243
Mr. Piffington wrote:
Football fans are the funniest people. It's like they can't accept a new style, team, coach, etc has come and upset the apple cart so they clutch at straws. When Man United, Chelsea, etc were winning trophies and dominating nobody was talking about money spent even though they outspent everyone else and had vast amounts of resources compared to everyone else but when Pep and City do it is an issue? GTFOH. Pep is a good coach and with the way City are going this season they're set to smash a lot of records and people are still making excuses. Congratulate or move on, everything is just saltiness.



:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Its called sheer hypocrisy. For DECADES, manure outspent every one and won practically every premier title in sight, these same clowns like thiefco had no problems hanging onto the bandwagon, now some others are around to challenge them with equally big pockets, all they do is nice lady and moan.

G T F O H and eat your humble pie. Long live Abramovich, long the good Sheik keep pumping $$$$ into the transfer market, anybody wey e pain, make dem go hug a wet transformer. :taunt: :taunt:

_________________
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:22 pm
Posts: 44243
tfco wrote:
bk-one wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Inside story is over 600m spent. Wages excluded. Congrats to them. The money could have been spent without achieving their objective so they deserve to be complemented


You know its possible to focus on their football first and leave the finances for the time there is an article about their finances right?


Not dismissing the fact that they have spent 600m but the article is about their football( how they played) which was fantastic, better than most other financially doped clubs which spent more or less like them


:clap:

therefore we expect the following next season
1. Players from the famed City Academy being blooded into the 1st team
2. A deeper run in the UCL
3. Other teams in the Prem playing from the back,something which was never seen prior to 2017
4. The remaining teams to stop hoofing it from the back <-- justification of the English Revolution


You paid almost ONE HUNDRED MILLION POUNDS for one player who could not even finish a game against the world champion division 2 bound West Ham :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:22 pm
Posts: 44243
balo wrote:
Cally wrote:
balo wrote:
bk-one wrote:
balo wrote:
Whatever team wins the EPL next season are going to get articles written extolling what they did right or better than the others. Either buying finished products or promoting from the academy.

No one begrudges City and their superb season, but to write off about 400M Pounds net-spend since Guardiola joined the team is being economic with the truth.



Goes both ways......dismissing the quality of their performance is also being economic with the truth.

There is a reason why I told pajimoh to focus on what the articles is trying to focus on.....not that i am dismissing the fact that their outlay on players is much more than considerable but thats another topic for another day

come on.....Person 1: City won playing one the best football ever seen in the premier league era
Person 2: United Emirates human rights record, 400m outlay, pep should do it with a smaller team, yadayada
That is just a ridiculous attempt at deflection or clutching at straws
The article is about the quality of their football and how their manager got them to play like that.....not about how much they spent.
How hard is it to just admit that after the english pundits kept on harping about how Pep will never win the premier league with that style of playing....guess what he did it. It might not happen again but since the epl started no team has ever won the league playing that way(yes...some teams have won more).


The catalyst in them playing "that way" is because of the quality of their players. I understand that they "bought in", but if they didn't have the quality to appreciate the Manager's ideas, we would all be here lambasting Guardiola.


Balo, granted you said we are saying the same thing. I think I differ in my definition of the so-called quality. Are we defining these players by how much they cost, or how good they actually were before Pep took them on? That is the crux of the matter. No one on this site would have been sure that De Bruyne, Sane, and Sterling would have played at the level and with the quality that they played this season. The players at Chelsea, United, Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool are arguably on paper, more heralded than the ones Pep used. What is the difference? Coaching! Let's just admit it.

The article said that he kept insisting that they never kick the ball long out from defence no matter the circumstance. Doing that is very difficult, and only comes with practice and dedication. It took time, but its now second nature to them. Coaching.



Guardiola has made his name coaching the best teams and players, I doubt anyone disagrees that he is quality.
But we can't deny that he could not impart his superior knowledge on Hart, Mangala, Nolito, Kelechi, Yaya Toure (2ce now?), Sagna. He had to get rid of them and bring in better replacements. Yaya dropped to the bench. The discarded are quality players in their own rights.

Sterling, Sane and De Bruyne were extremely talented players before they started playing for Pep. De Bruyne was already a known quality and running the City midfield since Manuel Pellegrini. His quality remains high under both coaches..


But bros this your argument get k leg. Not ever player fits the way every manager wants to play. Dost is one of the best scoring strikers in Europe, but would never fit inside Pep's system. Same goes for Kele, as much as it pained me as a Nigerian, He isn't a striker that fits or showed any indication he was willing to adapt to fit Pep's system. Heck he even benched a world class star like Kun because Jesus fit his system better.

Mourinho has had the best players on the planet on his team and converted them to fit his very restricted style of play, or benched/sold them if he didn't see them in his system. IT is something any top level manager does.

_________________
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16


Last edited by metalalloy on Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:47 pm
Posts: 42952
Location: Akoko Highlands
metalalloy wrote:
balo wrote:
Cally wrote:
balo wrote:
bk-one wrote:
balo wrote:
Whatever team wins the EPL next season are going to get articles written extolling what they did right or better than the others. Either buying finished products or promoting from the academy.

No one begrudges City and their superb season, but to write off about 400M Pounds net-spend since Guardiola joined the team is being economic with the truth.



Goes both ways......dismissing the quality of their performance is also being economic with the truth.

There is a reason why I told pajimoh to focus on what the articles is trying to focus on.....not that i am dismissing the fact that their outlay on players is much more than considerable but thats another topic for another day

come on.....Person 1: City won playing one the best football ever seen in the premier league era
Person 2: United Emirates human rights record, 400m outlay, pep should do it with a smaller team, yadayada
That is just a ridiculous attempt at deflection or clutching at straws
The article is about the quality of their football and how their manager got them to play like that.....not about how much they spent.
How hard is it to just admit that after the english pundits kept on harping about how Pep will never win the premier league with that style of playing....guess what he did it. It might not happen again but since the epl started no team has ever won the league playing that way(yes...some teams have won more).


The catalyst in them playing "that way" is because of the quality of their players. I understand that they "bought in", but if they didn't have the quality to appreciate the Manager's ideas, we would all be here lambasting Guardiola.


Balo, granted you said we are saying the same thing. I think I differ in my definition of the so-called quality. Are we defining these players by how much they cost, or how good they actually were before Pep took them on? That is the crux of the matter. No one on this site would have been sure that De Bruyne, Sane, and Sterling would have played at the level and with the quality that they played this season. The players at Chelsea, United, Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool are arguably on paper, more heralded than the ones Pep used. What is the difference? Coaching! Let's just admit it.

The article said that he kept insisting that they never kick the ball long out from defence no matter the circumstance. Doing that is very difficult, and only comes with practice and dedication. It took time, but its now second nature to them. Coaching.



Guardiola has made his name coaching the best teams and players, I doubt anyone disagrees that he is quality.
But we can't deny that he could not impart his superior knowledge on Hart, Mangala, Nolito, Kelechi, Yaya Toure (2ce now?), Sagna. He had to get rid of them and bring in better replacements. Yaya dropped to the bench. The discarded are quality players in their own rights.

Sterling, Sane and De Bruyne were extremely talented players before they started playing for Pep. De Bruyne was already a known quality and running the City midfield since Manuel Pellegrini. His quality remains high under both coaches..


But bros this your argument get k leg. Not ever player fits the way every manager wants to play. Dost is one of the best scoring strikers in Europe, but would never fit inside Pep's system. Same goes for Kele, as much as it pained me as a Nigerian, He isn't a striker that fits or showed any indication he was willing to adapt to fit Pep's system. Heck he even benched a world class star like Kun because Jesus fit his system better.

Mourinho has has the best players on the planet on his team and converted them to fit his very restricted style of play, or benched/sold them if he didn't see them in his system. IT is something any top level manager does.


Correct. Both coaches have been very lucky to have coached the richest teams in the world. When the owners refuse to come up with the funds needed, how do they handle it?

We saw Morinho go through one of his toughest times as a coach during his last stint at Chelsea when he didn't get his targets.

We have seen Pep in his first season at Man City get disgraced tactically. Another coach we are seeing serve up crap is Conte at Chelsea.

All boils down to money. They are happy when there is money to pick and choose their players.

As conservative/pragmatic as Morinho is, he has won a lot of championships and on some good days you see his teams play great football. So it's not like he can't coach a team to play attacking soccer.

_________________
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 12:29 am
Posts: 50371
Kabalega wrote:
balo wrote:
Roman needs to search his inner billionaire and cough up the dough to challenge City.
Surely 700M would be money well spent, even if I recognize that 9M of that would go to send limited Conte packing.. :D

Another one who didn't read the article. :roll:

Chelski will probably get Allegri next season and lose about 9 key players too.
No amount of spending will win you titles. To do that, you need a Pep Guardiola. :thumbs:

All 600M to win EPL and Carling Cup...De Matteo spend a lot less to win CL and FA cup...abeg make we hear word...and yes I'm a hater :mad:

_________________
Image
MISSION STATEMENT:To help Middle America’s families identify and resolve
critical financial matters that they have not addressed
and of which they may not even be aware

I KNOW MY FOOTBALL!!!!!
You have eyes, use it!-Robbynice,2011
CLUBS: CHELSEA FC, 3SC IBADAN.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 13356
Location: Here
paj wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
balo wrote:
Roman needs to search his inner billionaire and cough up the dough to challenge City.
Surely 700M would be money well spent, even if I recognize that 9M of that would go to send limited Conte packing.. :D

Another one who didn't read the article. :roll:

Chelski will probably get Allegri next season and lose about 9 key players too.
No amount of spending will win you titles. To do that, you need a Pep Guardiola. :thumbs:

All 600M to win EPL and Carling Cup...De Matteo spend a lot less to win CL and FA cup...abeg make we hear word...and yes I'm a hater :mad:

Too much hatorade.

How much would Di Matteo's team cost in 2017?

_________________
"The young Walt Disney was sacked because he lacked imagination. They advised Marilyn Monroe to become a secretary and Elvis to go back to driving a lorry."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:14 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:14 pm
Posts: 12641
Location: USA
This is what is commonly called a “puff piece”. Person wet spend almost 1Billion come dey preach about “narrative” and “improvements” to certain players??? I like Pep, but please spare us the bulljive.

Anything short of the treble is failure

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 12:29 am
Posts: 50371
Kabalega wrote:
paj wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
balo wrote:
Roman needs to search his inner billionaire and cough up the dough to challenge City.
Surely 700M would be money well spent, even if I recognize that 9M of that would go to send limited Conte packing.. :D

Another one who didn't read the article. :roll:

Chelski will probably get Allegri next season and lose about 9 key players too.
No amount of spending will win you titles. To do that, you need a Pep Guardiola. :thumbs:

All 600M to win EPL and Carling Cup...De Matteo spend a lot less to win CL and FA cup...abeg make we hear word...and yes I'm a hater :mad:

Too much hatorade.

How much would Di Matteo's team cost in 2017?

Di Matteo only got Hazard(32M), Oscar(30M) and Azpi(8M) added to the team after he won,,when he took over we'd added Mata(23M) and Lukaku(12M + addons)..oya ..talk :evil:

_________________
Image
MISSION STATEMENT:To help Middle America’s families identify and resolve
critical financial matters that they have not addressed
and of which they may not even be aware

I KNOW MY FOOTBALL!!!!!
You have eyes, use it!-Robbynice,2011
CLUBS: CHELSEA FC, 3SC IBADAN.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:49 pm
Posts: 72582
Location: Accra, Old Trafford, Takoradi, Canada
metalalloy wrote:
tfco wrote:
bk-one wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Inside story is over 600m spent. Wages excluded. Congrats to them. The money could have been spent without achieving their objective so they deserve to be complemented


You know its possible to focus on their football first and leave the finances for the time there is an article about their finances right?


Not dismissing the fact that they have spent 600m but the article is about their football( how they played) which was fantastic, better than most other financially doped clubs which spent more or less like them


:clap:

therefore we expect the following next season
1. Players from the famed City Academy being blooded into the 1st team
2. A deeper run in the UCL
3. Other teams in the Prem playing from the back,something which was never seen prior to 2017
4. The remaining teams to stop hoofing it from the back <-- justification of the English Revolution


You paid almost ONE HUNDRED MILLION POUNDS for one player who could not even finish a game against the world champion division 2 bound West Ham :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:


as usual you have no point....just kpom what others say with NO thought of your own.

All you do is slurp slurp on The Inheritance Merchant's nuts, all because u hate Mourinho.

2 seasons, 2 trophies....excellent. Time to buy Liverpool players to go further in the UCL

_________________

Fine Jersey FC

WC Quarter Finals sweet o
DNA no good o


@the Mod who deleted my Fine Jersey FC crying thread...dis 1-2 pain you


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:49 pm
Posts: 72582
Location: Accra, Old Trafford, Takoradi, Canada
Mr. Piffington wrote:
Football fans are the funniest people. It's like they can't accept a new style, team, coach, etc has come and upset the apple cart so they clutch at straws. When Man United, Chelsea, etc were winning trophies and dominating nobody was talking about money spent even though they outspent everyone else and had vast amounts of resources compared to everyone else but when Pep and City do it is an issue? GTFOH. Pep is a good coach and with the way City are going this season they're set to smash a lot of records and people are still making excuses. Congratulate or move on, everything is just saltiness.


where did the term Chelski come from? When United paid for Rio Ferdinand, wasn't there a lot of noise about money spent on just 1 defender?

Look, you rate him as the best thing since sliced bread, others see things different. Accept and move on.

Theres a reason your ilk have still not commented on what went wrong in 2 UCL games v Liverpool

_________________

Fine Jersey FC

WC Quarter Finals sweet o
DNA no good o


@the Mod who deleted my Fine Jersey FC crying thread...dis 1-2 pain you


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:51 pm
Posts: 13404
tfco wrote:
bk-one wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Inside story is over 600m spent. Wages excluded. Congrats to them. The money could have been spent without achieving their objective so they deserve to be complemented


You know its possible to focus on their football first and leave the finances for the time there is an article about their finances right?


Not dismissing the fact that they have spent 600m but the article is about their football( how they played) which was fantastic, better than most other financially doped clubs which spent more or less like them


:clap:

therefore we expect the following next season
1. Players from the famed City Academy being blooded into the 1st team
2. A deeper run in the UCL
3. Other teams in the Prem playing from the back,something which was never seen prior to 2017
4. The remaining teams to stop hoofing it from the back <-- justification of the English Revolution


This pep dey pain you. How much did Mourinho spend?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 13356
Location: Here
paj wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
paj wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
balo wrote:
Roman needs to search his inner billionaire and cough up the dough to challenge City.
Surely 700M would be money well spent, even if I recognize that 9M of that would go to send limited Conte packing.. :D

Another one who didn't read the article. :roll:

Chelski will probably get Allegri next season and lose about 9 key players too.
No amount of spending will win you titles. To do that, you need a Pep Guardiola. :thumbs:

All 600M to win EPL and Carling Cup...De Matteo spend a lot less to win CL and FA cup...abeg make we hear word...and yes I'm a hater :mad:

Too much hatorade.

How much would Di Matteo's team cost in 2017?

Di Matteo only got Hazard(32M), Oscar(30M) and Azpi(8M) added to the team after he won,,when he took over we'd added Mata(23M) and Lukaku(12M + addons)..oya ..talk :evil:

How much would those same players cost in 2017?
You've got to be fair when comparing player purchases in a high rising cost of doing business.

Also Di Matteo didn't have the burden of worrying about the EPL as Chelsea was already out of the top 4.

_________________
"The young Walt Disney was sacked because he lacked imagination. They advised Marilyn Monroe to become a secretary and Elvis to go back to driving a lorry."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:32 pm
Posts: 27933
When people don't have much to say then they start diverting attention like "Pep is a great coach" . "hypocrisy because other clubs in the past spent money.

No one is saying Pep is not s good coach. No one is saying City did not play some jaw dropping football. No one is claiming clubs have not spent grew deal of money in the past.

What at least I'm saying is and we have said it in the time of Chelsea, Man United, Real, PSG and we've been saying it since Dubai money landed at City. City's ascendancy comes with their money and Pep used that money to the fullest.

I consider Pep a very good coach that can make things happen when he has the sharpest knives but cannot create the sharpest knives himself. SAF was a great coach in that he proved himself at lowly Aberdeen. Got the gig at Man United and used youth from the club to win things, while constantly refreshing with gems he picked up here and there.

Maurinho did similar with Porto and his managerial skill got him gigs at top clubs where he proved himself again and again. He even took Inter to the holy Grail of European football when they were not the best in Europe.

Pep has not tested his managerial skill at some unfancied club where he'd have to sharpen his own knives.
If you're given the fasted car and most expensive car with top engineers and you beat the likes of Lada and Skoda, where's the praise in that? Sure we can talk about your handling of the car but not the pace or the car compared to others.

He's put big and expensive names together, got them playing great football and he's achieved his aim, but question mark remains... Can he do the same without jumping from Barca to Bayern to Man City? Clubs that were no pushovers in terms of winning things and resources before he joined.

_________________
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:07 pm
Posts: 28580
Real won the Champions League with a squad full of Primark specials. Fact.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:31 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 8:41 am
Posts: 37553
pajimoh wrote:
When people don't have much to say then they start diverting attention like "Pep is a great coach" . "hypocrisy because other clubs in the past spent money.

No one is saying Pep is not s good coach. No one is saying City did not play some jaw dropping football. No one is claiming clubs have not spent grew deal of money in the past.

What at least I'm saying is and we have said it in the time of Chelsea, Man United, Real, PSG and we've been saying it since Dubai money landed at City. City's ascendancy comes with their money and Pep used that money to the fullest.

I consider Pep a very good coach that can make things happen when he has the sharpest knives but cannot create the sharpest knives himself. SAF was a great coach in that he proved himself at lowly Aberdeen. Got the gig at Man United and used youth from the club to win things, while constantly refreshing with gems he picked up here and there.

Maurinho did similar with Porto and his managerial skill got him gigs at top clubs where he proved himself again and again. He even took Inter to the holy Grail of European football when they were not the best in Europe.

Pep has not tested his managerial skill at some unfancied club where he'd have to sharpen his own knives.
If you're given the fasted car and most expensive car with top engineers and you beat the likes of Lada and Skoda, where's the praise in that? Sure we can talk about your handling of the car but not the pace or the car compared to others.

He's put big and expensive names together, got them playing great football and he's achieved his aim, but question mark remains... Can he do the same without jumping from Barca to Bayern to Man City? Clubs that were no pushovers in terms of winning things and resources before he joined.


City will have to win CL for their current arrangement to be considered a success! Pepe is yet to 'improve' on previous performance. There is still a lot more work to do. A lot more money to be spent.

_________________
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: charlie, Chriskendo43, Google [Bot], Heliopolis, oloye, toyin133, YemiBrazil, zee and 27 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group