Why Vic Mo Can't Captain Nigeria now.....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Why Vic Mo Can't Captain Nigeria now.....

Post by Enugu II »

Why Chelsea Star Victor Moses Can’t Captain Super Eagles Now – Super Eagles Ace Reveals
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/04/17/wh ... e-reveals/
April 17, 201809

Many have wondered why Chelsea star Victor Moses who is viewed by many as one of the influential players in the senior national team of Nigeria has not worn the captain’s arm band.

Moses is also one of the senior players in the team but the likes of Ahmed Musa, Ogenyi Onazi, Elderson Echiejile, Leon Balogun and recently William Troost-Ekong have all worn the captain’s band ahead of the Chelsea star, who broke into the team ahead of the players mentioned above.

Former Chelsea ace John Obi Mikel is the present captain of the team, but Moses isn’t among the players assisting him in his role as NIgeria gears up for the World Cup in Russia later in the year.

” It will be hard for Moses to be made captain at least for now. He hardly mix with the team which has to change before he can be considered as captain of the team. Our captain ( Mikel) use to be like that before but now he is the most friendly player in our team”, a present player of the Super Eagles told Owngoalnigeria.com on the condition of anonymity.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Why Vic Mo Can't Captain Nigeria now.....

Post by nemi2002 »

Who was wondering why?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Rubbish Journalism :boo:
OCCUPY NFF!!
eyan
Egg
Egg

Post by eyan »

Enugu II wrote:
Why Chelsea Star Victor Moses Can’t Captain Super Eagles Now – Super Eagles Ace Reveals
April 17, 201809

Many have wondered why Chelsea star Victor Moses who is viewed by many as one of the influential players in the senior national team of Nigeria has not worn the captain’s arm band.

Moses is also one of the senior players in the team but the likes of Ahmed Musa, Ogenyi Onazi, Elderson Echiejile, Leon Balogun and recently William Troost-Ekong have all worn the captain’s band ahead of the Chelsea star, who broke into the team ahead of the players mentioned above.

Former Chelsea ace John Obi Mikel is the present captain of the team, but Moses isn’t among the players assisting him in his role as NIgeria gears up for the World Cup in Russia later in the year.

” It will be hard for Moses to be made captain at least for now. He hardly mix with the team which has to change before he can be considered as captain of the team. Our captain ( Mikel) use to be like that before but now he is the most friendly player in our team”, a present player of the Super Eagles told Owngoalnigeria.com on the condition of anonymity.

The article says unfriendly mikel became captain but concludes Moses will never be cos he's not friendly. Maybe captainship is more of leadership trait.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

eyan wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
April 17, 201809

The article says unfriendly mikel became captain but concludes Moses will never be cos he's not friendly. Maybe captainship is more of leadership trait.
The journalist head no dey house. He just contradicted himself.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

eyan wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
April 17, 201809

Its a poor article.
Forget.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...Nigerian writers/journos are something else. Who gives a ffucking damn :roll:
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

This article speaks volumes about the type of journalism which takes place in 9ja. Constantly digging trying to cause discord , manufacturing stories and blatantly lying because they know there are noserious repercussions for their actions . All articles are almost always negative..... in some countries journalist disappear and can understand why.......

Moses is a private person (no shame in that ) Moses is also shy (also no shame it). The writer of the article has tried to paint a negative picture on Moses personality but has shown him or herself to be journalist for money. If you don’t pay I will write $@#% about you
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

nemi2002 wrote:Who was wondering why?
Agents, maybe :lol:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

eyan wrote: The article says unfriendly mikel became captain but concludes Moses will never be cos he's not friendly. Maybe captainship is more of leadership trait.
I think leadership is part of being a Captain, in addition to being a good player. Those two elements or traits must go together
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

mcal wrote:...Nigerian writers/journos are something else. Who gives a ffucking damn :roll:
but that is your own opinion that is we are on here to discuss... there is definitely element of truth in the report. Vmoses do not mix with team from observations- I do not fault him just think its is own personality - and as long as he is delivering on the pitch no problem with me - just hope he can get better just like Mikel.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Why do you guys insist on post Owngoal rubbish :?: :!:

Cheers.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

walesvilla wrote:
mcal wrote:...Nigerian writers/journos are something else. Who gives a ffucking damn :roll:
but that is your own opinion that is we are on here to discuss... there is definitely element of truth in the report. Vmoses do not mix with team from observations- I do not fault him just think its is own personality - and as long as he is delivering on the pitch no problem with me - just hope he can get better just like Mikel.
...story like this stoke division, reason why it should not written or printed. Not everyone is a 'happy go lucky' type person.
Joseph Yobo was a very quiet person but he became captain, and successfully too.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

I usually do not give articles like this credence as they often do more harm than good. That being said after viewing clips recently, and what i saw on the last "hazing" of new players and staff broadcast on IG live , i believe the views expressed in this article 100%.

As long as he performs on the pitch, he is fine in my books. You cant force someone to be what he isn't.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Flex Swift wrote:This article speaks volumes about the type of journalism which takes place in 9ja. Constantly digging trying to cause discord , manufacturing stories and blatantly lying because they know there are noserious repercussions for their actions . All articles are almost always negative..... in some countries journalist disappear and can understand why.......

Moses is a private person (no shame in that ) Moses is also shy (also no shame it). The writer of the article has tried to paint a negative picture on Moses personality but has shown him or herself to be journalist for money. If you don’t pay I will write $@#% about you
This is the kind of chat you hear while pissing in a urinal in the gents...

The captain's band is not even up for debate, nor is it is dispute, not even sure VM has shown any interest, so how this has become the substance for a printed article, really highlights the poor state of affairs.. SMH :???:
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

An apple never falls too far from its tree though; so all you guys aren’t that far removed from this pathetic journalist cognitive stressors and perhaps developmental life conflicts. Views you express here often have similarities to owngoal views
Last edited by jette1 on Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

This piece belongs in the trashcan.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

People at owngoal are on a mission to sow discord in the team.
Last edited by 1naija on Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

You might not like the article but it is 100000% correct about VicMo.

I saw it with my kro kro eyes in Atlanta in 2014 and have spoken to many a super eagle who feel the same way.

Moses roomed with Mikel sometimes and stayed there all day except to train and eat. Wore headphones throughout when in public and did not utter one word.

Maybe things have I changed these days I don't know. Apparently he has a reason why....and he also stays away from Nigerian Press. Treats them like a disease.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Ugbowo wrote:You might not like the article but it is 100000% correct about VicMo.

I saw it with my kro kro eyes in Atlanta in 2014 and have spoken to many a super eagle who feel the same way.

Moses roomed with Mikel sometimes and stayed there all day except to train and eat. Wore headphones throughout when in public and did not utter one word.

Maybe things have I changed these days I don't know. Apparently he has a reason why....and he also stays away from Nigerian Press. Treats them like a disease.
so what; That's who he is and how is that a personality handicap or did he tell you he is vying for SE captain-ship. Everyone is not into your gra gra lifestyle my friend. Some people are perfectly comfortable private and quiet and peaceful. This is a guy that overcame gruesome childhood trauma and is trying to just be. Some of you idiots here need to know whats going on before you open your mouth.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

jette1 wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:You might not like the article but it is 100000% correct about VicMo.

so what; That's who he is and how is that a personality handicap or did he tell you he is vying for SE captain-ship. Everyone is not into your gra gra lifestyle my friend. Some people are perfectly comfortable private and quiet and peaceful. This is a guy that overcame gruesome childhood trauma and is trying to just be. Some of you idiots here need to know whats going on before you open your mouth.
You are a moron. Of course you chose to ignore the part where I said he has a reason why he is that way. You just want to rush to say something without reading thoroughly.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Ugbowo wrote:
jette1 wrote:

You are a moron. Of course you chose to ignore the part where I said he has a reason why he is that way. You just want to rush to say something without reading thoroughly.
obviously you are the moron; you reinforced what we already know to be an irrational rant by questioning his interactions. when did a choice to privacy become a personality deficit. But then again you are one of those typical fire brigade Nigerians who rule with iron fists. I feel sorry for your kids

Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

jette1 wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:
jette1 wrote:

obviously you are the moron; you reinforced what we already know to be an irrational rant by questioning his interactions. when did a choice to privacy become a personality deficit. But then again you are one of those typical fire brigade Nigerians who rule with iron fists. I feel sorry for your kids
You obviously have comprehension skills that can be tied to stupidity. Nowhere in my comment did I do any questioning. I validated the article with my personal experiences with the team and then clearly stated he seemed to have his reasons why he is the way he is. For some reason you took my response to mean I'm hostile towards the kid and starting insulting me for saying things exactly the way I saw.

You have serious issues.