Enyimba, Akwa, Plateau and MFM

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Enyimba, Akwa, Plateau and MFM

Post by Bigpokey24 »

how far, seems Akwa won but lost on AGG, Plateau got stomped yesterday 4 kondo.. waiting on Enyimba and MFM
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Enyimba, Akwa, Plateau and MFM

Post by Enugu II »

Bigpokey24 wrote:how far, seems Akwa won but lost on AGG, Plateau got stomped yesterday 4 kondo.. waiting on Enyimba and MFM
Bros, MFM lost at home and will be playing away. You know how that goes. Only if a miracle could occur.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Why has nobody completed the answer?
MFM did not make it to the next round.
Only Enyimba progressed to the next round of the CAF competition.
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

Both Enyinmba and MFM played goalless draw with their opponents and only the peoples elephant qualified on away goals .
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Like it or not our football locally is dead , we can no longer compete on the african club scene. It is sad because the clubs appear to be more organised now, but are being let down by their inability to retain any quality player that comes through their ranks.

Talented players are slipping through via the academy programs with the main motivation behind the programmes simply to make money foreign currency regardless of which country it is coming from. Hundreds of talented players are ending up in backwater leagues and country ,their prospects ruined by the haste for a fistful of dollars.

The clubs are left with scraps. Financially handicapped and unable to scour for talent outside of the country save for one or two they resign themselves to fate and faith.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

We have also been downgraded in CAF competitions. From next year Nigeria can only field one club each in both competitions.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

bouncino wrote:We have also been downgraded in CAF competitions. From next year Nigeria can only field one club each in both competitions.
Damn...godamn shame!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

shameful.
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

That is scandalous.
As Oloye said the player quality in the NPL has been receded by players going abroad and being scooped up by academies.

The NPL would benefit massively/would get attention if some of the foreign based pros came back home at the tail end of their careers (didn't Mobi Oparaku and Sani Kaita return to the NPL some years ago?).

bouncino wrote:We have also been downgraded in CAF competitions. From next year Nigeria can only field one club each in both competitions.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

I created a thread on CE warning that this would happen.

Seems nobody listened.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=277611&p=4947698&hi ... t#p4947698
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

If Enyimba does well, we may be upgraded by the subsequent year.
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

Tbite wrote:
I created a thread on CE warning that this would happen.

Seems nobody listened.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=277611&p=4947698&hi ... t#p4947698
Some listened. Other countries listened too. :mrgreen: