Fear as CAF second VP is arrested over alleged Corruption...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Fear as CAF second VP is arrested over alleged Corruption...

Post by Kabalega »

Fear as CAF second vice president is arrested over alleged corruption charges
8 HOURS AGO
BY DAVID ISABIRYE

CAF Second Vice President and DR Congo FA boss, Constant Omari Sulemani has been arrested

There is panic and fear as the Confederation of Africa Football Association (CAF) second vice president who is also the president of the Democratic Republic of Congo Football Association (FECOFA) Constant Omari Sulemani is behind bars over alleged corruption charges.

Constant was arrested on Tuesday together with his two vice presidents Roger Bondembe Bokanianga, Theobald Binamungu and the General secretary for sports and leisure, Barthelemy Okito Oleka at Kinshasa’s Matete Public Prosecutor’s Office over alleged corruption.

According to DR Congo web portal, Foot.Rd, the arrests were spearheaded by the Special Advisor to the Head of State in the fight against corruption, money laundering and terrorism, Luzolo Bambi.

The quartet are accusation of failing to account for money amounting to $1M they received from the Government to help the federation prepare for friendlies for the senior national team, U17 and U20 teams.

Last month, Democratic Republic of Congo national football team fell 2-0 away to Tanzania during an international friendly match played in Dar es salaam.

Prior to the game, four players reportedly left the team camp citing poor travel arrangements.

Upon learning of the incident, Government set up a commission of inquiry that has since led to their arrest.

Meanwhile, Democratic Republic of Congo national football team (The Leopards) will face 2018 World Cup bound Super Eagles of Nigeria in an international friendly match come May.

Source: https://www.kawowo.com/2018/04/18/fear- ... n-charges/
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Fear as CAF second VP is arrested over alleged Corruptio

Post by Odas »

To me, the title of the article is a little out of line. Fear as the accused is arrested? What is there to fear if a corrupt individual is arrested?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Odas wrote:To me, the title of the article is a little out of line. Fear as the accused is arrested? What is there to fear if a corrupt individual is arrested?
:lol: :lol:
It's DRC!

The innocent are bound to be caught up in corrupt stings. :twisted:
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I have maintained that there is a way around this fifa imposed dictatorship....just dig up their past and make a civil arrest ...even fifa will quickly distance themselves :lol:

I am sure they simply wanted to remove him from office and he is hiding unded the umbrella of caf and fifa statutes.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho