Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:10 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 8:25 pm
Posts: 49544
If this link is to be believed
Quote:

Rohr List Dele Alampasu Among Goalkeepers To Be Assessed By Super Eagles Goalkeeper Trainer

CD Feirense of Portugal goalkeeper Dele Alampasu has been handed another chance to impress the technical crew of the senior national team of Nigeria according to a statement by the president of the Nigeria Football Federation ( NFF) Amaju Pinnick.

Alampasu was ever present in the squad of the Super Eagles during the early days of coach Gernot Rohr as coach of the senior national team of Nigeria , however he has not been considered off late with his former U17 deputy Francis Odinaka Uzoho taking his spot.

Rohr lamented Alampasu’s lack of action with his Portuguese side and cited it as the reason why he was axed from the team , but according to Pinnick, Alampasu could yet make the Nigerian team to the World Cup if he impresses goalkeeper trainer Enrico Pioneeti who will visit him at his club for some training sessions like the other goalkeepers currently in the team.

According to Pinnick plans are underway for Pionetti to visit goalkeepers of the team with Alampasu included for one on one training before a decision will be made on their possible inclusion in the Super Eagles team for the World Cup.
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/04/19/ro ... r-trainer/

_________________
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
Quote:
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:13 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 44363
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
anointed wrote:
If this link is to be believed
Quote:

Rohr List Dele Alampasu Among Goalkeepers To Be Assessed By Super Eagles Goalkeeper Trainer

CD Feirense of Portugal goalkeeper Dele Alampasu has been handed another chance to impress the technical crew of the senior national team of Nigeria according to a statement by the president of the Nigeria Football Federation ( NFF) Amaju Pinnick.

Alampasu was ever present in the squad of the Super Eagles during the early days of coach Gernot Rohr as coach of the senior national team of Nigeria , however he has not been considered off late with his former U17 deputy Francis Odinaka Uzoho taking his spot.

Rohr lamented Alampasu’s lack of action with his Portuguese side and cited it as the reason why he was axed from the team , but according to Pinnick, Alampasu could yet make the Nigerian team to the World Cup if he impresses goalkeeper trainer Enrico Pioneeti who will visit him at his club for some training sessions like the other goalkeepers currently in the team.

According to Pinnick plans are underway for Pionetti to visit goalkeepers of the team with Alampasu included for one on one training before a decision will be made on their possible inclusion in the Super Eagles team for the World Cup.
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/04/19/ro ... r-trainer/


He is better than Akpeyi.

If Akpeyi is going to camp why not Alampasu who has more of an upside?

_________________
I pledge to Nigeria my country
To be faithful, loyal and honest
To serve Nigeria with all my strength
To defend her unity and uphold her honor and glory
So help me God.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:20 pm
Posts: 3549
The World Cup is not a place to be trying the training materials...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2003 4:03 pm
Posts: 19578
Location: The Kingdom
Cellular wrote:
anointed wrote:
If this link is to be believed
Quote:

Rohr List Dele Alampasu Among Goalkeepers To Be Assessed By Super Eagles Goalkeeper Trainer

CD Feirense of Portugal goalkeeper Dele Alampasu has been handed another chance to impress the technical crew of the senior national team of Nigeria according to a statement by the president of the Nigeria Football Federation ( NFF) Amaju Pinnick.

Alampasu was ever present in the squad of the Super Eagles during the early days of coach Gernot Rohr as coach of the senior national team of Nigeria , however he has not been considered off late with his former U17 deputy Francis Odinaka Uzoho taking his spot.

Rohr lamented Alampasu’s lack of action with his Portuguese side and cited it as the reason why he was axed from the team , but according to Pinnick, Alampasu could yet make the Nigerian team to the World Cup if he impresses goalkeeper trainer Enrico Pioneeti who will visit him at his club for some training sessions like the other goalkeepers currently in the team.

According to Pinnick plans are underway for Pionetti to visit goalkeepers of the team with Alampasu included for one on one training before a decision will be made on their possible inclusion in the Super Eagles team for the World Cup.
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/04/19/ro ... r-trainer/


He is better than Akpeyi.

If Akpeyi is going to camp why not Alampasu who has more of an upside?



Better in what way? When last did you watch Alampasu keep goal in a competitive match?

_________________
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 28, 2004 10:44 am
Posts: 3279
Lolly wrote:
Cellular wrote:
anointed wrote:
If this link is to be believed
Quote:

Rohr List Dele Alampasu Among Goalkeepers To Be Assessed By Super Eagles Goalkeeper Trainer

CD Feirense of Portugal goalkeeper Dele Alampasu has been handed another chance to impress the technical crew of the senior national team of Nigeria according to a statement by the president of the Nigeria Football Federation ( NFF) Amaju Pinnick.

Alampasu was ever present in the squad of the Super Eagles during the early days of coach Gernot Rohr as coach of the senior national team of Nigeria , however he has not been considered off late with his former U17 deputy Francis Odinaka Uzoho taking his spot.

Rohr lamented Alampasu’s lack of action with his Portuguese side and cited it as the reason why he was axed from the team , but according to Pinnick, Alampasu could yet make the Nigerian team to the World Cup if he impresses goalkeeper trainer Enrico Pioneeti who will visit him at his club for some training sessions like the other goalkeepers currently in the team.

According to Pinnick plans are underway for Pionetti to visit goalkeepers of the team with Alampasu included for one on one training before a decision will be made on their possible inclusion in the Super Eagles team for the World Cup.
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/04/19/ro ... r-trainer/


He is better than Akpeyi.

If Akpeyi is going to camp why not Alampasu who has more of an upside?



Better in what way? When last did you watch Alampasu keep goal in a competitive match?


Having nobody in goal is better than having Akpeyi


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:58 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 44363
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Lolly wrote:
Cellular wrote:
anointed wrote:
If this link is to be believed
Quote:

Rohr List Dele Alampasu Among Goalkeepers To Be Assessed By Super Eagles Goalkeeper Trainer

CD Feirense of Portugal goalkeeper Dele Alampasu has been handed another chance to impress the technical crew of the senior national team of Nigeria according to a statement by the president of the Nigeria Football Federation ( NFF) Amaju Pinnick.

Alampasu was ever present in the squad of the Super Eagles during the early days of coach Gernot Rohr as coach of the senior national team of Nigeria , however he has not been considered off late with his former U17 deputy Francis Odinaka Uzoho taking his spot.

Rohr lamented Alampasu’s lack of action with his Portuguese side and cited it as the reason why he was axed from the team , but according to Pinnick, Alampasu could yet make the Nigerian team to the World Cup if he impresses goalkeeper trainer Enrico Pioneeti who will visit him at his club for some training sessions like the other goalkeepers currently in the team.

According to Pinnick plans are underway for Pionetti to visit goalkeepers of the team with Alampasu included for one on one training before a decision will be made on their possible inclusion in the Super Eagles team for the World Cup.
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/04/19/ro ... r-trainer/


He is better than Akpeyi.

If Akpeyi is going to camp why not Alampasu who has more of an upside?



Better in what way? When last did you watch Alampasu keep goal in a competitive match?


Even a backman playing goalie is better than Akpeyi.

_________________
I pledge to Nigeria my country
To be faithful, loyal and honest
To serve Nigeria with all my strength
To defend her unity and uphold her honor and glory
So help me God.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:38 pm
Posts: 5033
With 56 days to go Rohr is probably just filling the 3rd goalie slot (who most likely won't see any action in Russia).

Ezenwa and Uzoho have already booked their tickets..3rd choice is often taken for the experience. Since Alampasu has been around the team, I won't be surprised if he gets the slot.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 13499
Location: Here
For the World Cup, Nigeria should get the best goalie they can get.
It takes only 7 games to win it all. Even 9ja can do this but they need a good goalie.

It gets harder next year!

_________________
"The young Walt Disney was sacked because he lacked imagination. They advised Marilyn Monroe to become a secretary and Elvis to go back to driving a lorry."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 2:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 8:25 pm
Posts: 49544
Quote:
Enyeama: From hero to World Cup outcast

Posted By: CHIJIOKE EZEALI On: May 6, 2018 In: SOS, Sports
What has happened to Vincent Enyeama? Where is he and why he may be out of Nigeria’s World Cup list. CHIJIOKE EZEALI in this piece tries to fix the puzzle
Nigeria was the first African Nation to qualify for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia and seemingly achieved the proud feat with the youngest team in the world during the qualification process .
The three-time African Champions under the tutelage of Gernot Rohr are playing with a renewed vigour, confidence and swagger good enough to raise the hopes of their teaming supporters who now expect the team to become the first African side to reach the semi-final of the Mundial.
The friendly wins over two-time World Cup champions Argentina and Poland who had the presence of one of the best forwards in the world Robert Lewandowski, has further heightened expectations despite defeat against Serbia.

However, the biggest worry for some section of the fans in Nigeria is the lack of a top notch goalkeeper for the national team as the likes of Ikechukwu Ezenwa, Daniel Akpeyi and Francis Uzoho have failed to cease the opportunity created with the absence of Carl Ikeme who is still in recovery following his battle with leukaemia.
The Super Eagles 35-man list provisional list for the Mundial will be announced on May 14 and the name of veteran Lille goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama is almost certain not to be included judging by the words of the national team gaffer.
“He (Enyeama) is not playing anywhere, so we cannot take players who are not playing,” Rohr told reporters at the Aiteo/Nigeria Football Federation Awards in February.
“We are working hard to have the best of our legs taken to Russia and we don’t have the luxury of naming a player that has not been playing in recent time.
“Each time we have a problem, there is always a good answer and I hope it will be the same for the World Cup. We currently have so many players in camp and we want to continue monitoring them. The most important thing is for them to be in best shape for the Mundial.”
The 35-year-old is arguable Nigeria’s finest goalkeeper in history following successful careers for both club and country but despite calls from some quarters that he be re-invited into the Super Eagles squad, the former Enyimba goalie is yet to officially come out of retirement since 2015.

Enyeama’s situation is not an easy one as he suffered a knee injury while playing for Lille on April 15, 2017 and only just came back to action for the B side following some intense rehabilitation.
The Nigerian hasn’t been a part of Lille’s first squad since his return and may not until his contract runs out at the end of this season as the club’s current manager, Christophe Galtier recently revealed to France Football.
“It’s a problem between Enyeama and the club, that’s the bottom line,” Galtier said. “It’s a problem between the club management and Enyeama.”
Although the manager wasn’t explicit on what exactly transpired between Enyeama and the Lille management, it is very evident that he is out of the side not for pure football reasons and without him the former French champions have the fourth worst defensive record in Ligue1, having conceded 59 in 35 matches.
Lille are currently languishing second from bottom with a very slim chance of surviving relegation. But why the cruelty on the highest capped goalkeeper in Nigeria’s history with 101 caps?
‘The real reason Enyeama is being banished from the first team is because the club is embarking on a new project which will see them groom and sell players,’ a source close to the player revealed to The Nation .
‘Let’s face it, Vinny doesn’t have a resale value because he is 35 now. The club wants a younger squad and players over 30 are mostly affected by this new project.
‘Enyeama is just waiting for the end of the season to find a new club but I can reliably inform you that he doesn’t want to leave France. It was a pity he suffered a long time injury, he could’ve moved before now.’
Looking through the Lille squad, Mike Maignan 31, originally of Guyana before adopting France has been the club’s number one this season and kept for 31matches in Ligue 1.
Kouakou Herve Koffi 21, from Burkina Faso, has made four appearances for Lille this season while 21-year-old Slovakian Adam Jakubech has been on the bench four times this season and all look like lost ships without the Nigerian to guide their progress at the club.
When Enyeama signed for Hapoel Tel Aviv in 2007/08. They endured a poor season but he helped the team avoid relegation and reach the state cup final.
During the 2008/09 season, Enyeama became Hapoel’s penalty kicker, won the “Player of The Year” award, and just missed leading Hapoel to the league title.
On 8 December 2013, Enyeama conceded a goal for the first time after playing 1,062 minutes of Ligue 1 football in an away match against Bordeaux, during which he was beaten by Landry N’Guémo’s deflected strike in the 27th minute. He thus came within 114 minutes of equalling Gaëtan Huard’s Ligue 1 goalkeeping record, set in 1993, of playing 1,176 minutes without conceding a goal.
On that form, he powered the Super Eagles to African Nations Cup glory in 2013 for the first time in 19years, playing a leading role with a lot of unforgettable moments created for fans.
He was named among the top 10 goalkeepers in Europe for the 2015/16 season by the Swiss-based CIES Football Observatory and in the following season the Professional Union of French Players (UNFP) nominated him for the best goalkeeper award in the French Ligue 1 after brilliantly keeping 14 clean sheets in 21 matches.
Interesting how Lille will risk relegation just to freeze experienced campaigners like Enyeama out of the club when 40-year-old Gianluigi “Gigi” Buffon is actively playing for Juventus and still nursing the ambition of winning the UEFA Champions League after recent elimination in the hands of Real Madrid in the quarter-final of this season’s competition.
Enyeama may well play into his 40’s because of the longevity of goalkeepers as long as he watches after himself, takes the right diet and engage in the right training programs.
At 35, Enyeama is still Nigeria’s best and it will make sense if Super Eagles manager Gernot Rohr tests him in the remaining friendlies before announcing his final squad for the World Cup. Some are against him returning to the team and argued that he will disrupt the harmony of the younger generation of players in camp.
Some pundits even suggested that he may want the captaincy of the team but the player himself may not be bothered with that like a lot of people think.
‘Captaincy is not a problem for me because it’s not my birth right,’ Enyeama told Channels Television Sports Tonight program after he was stripped of the band under former Eagles Coach Sunday Oliseh.
Enyeama gave the Super Eagles 13 quality years of service but the episode that led to his exit wasn’t the smoothest and he could be a very good mentor for the new goalkeepers in the current squad.
Mikel Obi went to the African Nations Cup in 2006 despite not playing much football due to the Chelsea and Manchester United transfer sage at the time but showed why he is highly rated with a goal in Nigeria’s second game against Zimbabwe after creating the first goal for Christian Obodo. All that the former Chelsea star needed was a chance and must be grateful to Coach Augustine Eguavoen for not dropping him for the more active players.
Age is just a number especially for a world class goalkeeper like Enyeama. Egyptian Essam El-Hadary at 45 could’ve been the oldest goalkeeper at the Mundial ever if injury had not ruled him out.
But in football, there’s always a place for loyalty just like German national team boss Joachim Löw has shown towards Manuel Neuer who he has repeatedly named as his first choice for the 2018 World Cup despite the Bayern Munich star not playing a single minute this season so far due to injury.
But just like Enyeama, 32-year-old Neuer returned to training in April but with the assurance that he will be between the sticks in Russia when hostilities resume for the biggest soccer fiesta.
“When Manuel came to us on Tuesday, together with Andy Kopke [coach] and Dr [Hans-Wilhelm] Muller-Wohlfahrt [we] had a long conversation with him. Manuel is absolutely on schedule. It is planned that he will still play at Bayern this season,” he said on March 22, 2018.
“The doctor has assured me that the condition of his scar and the growing together of the bones are absolutely fine and look very good.
“However, at the current stage he is not allowed to [train] at maximum, he is currently training at 90 per cent and wants to increase to 100 per cent this week so that he is fully resilient.
“Then he can still get the necessary security in the training sessions. I assume and am very optimistic that Manuel will be present at the World Cup.”
Goalkeepers get better with age just like fine wine. At the FIFA World Cup in 2014, Faryd Mondragón became the oldest player to appear at the Mundial when he helped Colombia 4-1 win over Japan. He was aged 43 years and 3 days old.
Joseph-Antoine Bell was 40, when he represented Cameroon at the USA 94′ World Cup and Thomas N’Kono was 38-year-old and Jacques Songo’o was the youngest was 30.
Enyeama still remains a fantastic choice for the Super Eagles and will be a quality addition to the team if Gernot Rohr needs him because the current goalkeepers available to him are not in peak form if we are to be very sincere.
The German tactician has done well since took charge of the three-time African Champions and if he feels he doesn’t need Enyeama’s experience and presence – that must be respected but as a fan that wants the best for his country. I see the Lille shot stopper as a very good addition for the senior national team.
http://thenationonlineng.net/enyeama-fr ... p-outcast/

_________________
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
Quote:
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 2:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 13226
okuns wrote:
The World Cup is not a place to be trying the training materials...


Akpeyi is worse than a training material. Even an orange pylon cone is better.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 2:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 13226
Flex Swift wrote:
Lolly wrote:
Cellular wrote:
anointed wrote:
If this link is to be believed
Quote:

Rohr List Dele Alampasu Among Goalkeepers To Be Assessed By Super Eagles Goalkeeper Trainer

CD Feirense of Portugal goalkeeper Dele Alampasu has been handed another chance to impress the technical crew of the senior national team of Nigeria according to a statement by the president of the Nigeria Football Federation ( NFF) Amaju Pinnick.

Alampasu was ever present in the squad of the Super Eagles during the early days of coach Gernot Rohr as coach of the senior national team of Nigeria , however he has not been considered off late with his former U17 deputy Francis Odinaka Uzoho taking his spot.

Rohr lamented Alampasu’s lack of action with his Portuguese side and cited it as the reason why he was axed from the team , but according to Pinnick, Alampasu could yet make the Nigerian team to the World Cup if he impresses goalkeeper trainer Enrico Pioneeti who will visit him at his club for some training sessions like the other goalkeepers currently in the team.

According to Pinnick plans are underway for Pionetti to visit goalkeepers of the team with Alampasu included for one on one training before a decision will be made on their possible inclusion in the Super Eagles team for the World Cup.
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/04/19/ro ... r-trainer/


He is better than Akpeyi.

If Akpeyi is going to camp why not Alampasu who has more of an upside?



Better in what way? When last did you watch Alampasu keep goal in a competitive match?


Having nobody in goal is better than having Akpeyi



Yes now. At least defenders will know that they are on their own and have to defend better. With Akpeyi he will just do something stupid.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 3:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:51 am
Posts: 3965
Location: City of hustlers ,land of the brave.
anointed wrote:
If this link is to be believed
Quote:

Rohr List Dele Alampasu Among Goalkeepers To Be Assessed By Super Eagles Goalkeeper Trainer

CD Feirense of Portugal goalkeeper Dele Alampasu has been handed another chance to impress the technical crew of the senior national team of Nigeria according to a statement by the president of the Nigeria Football Federation ( NFF) Amaju Pinnick.

Alampasu was ever present in the squad of the Super Eagles during the early days of coach Gernot Rohr as coach of the senior national team of Nigeria , however he has not been considered off late with his former U17 deputy Francis Odinaka Uzoho taking his spot.

Rohr lamented Alampasu’s lack of action with his Portuguese side and cited it as the reason why he was axed from the team , but according to Pinnick, Alampasu could yet make the Nigerian team to the World Cup if he impresses goalkeeper trainer Enrico Pioneeti who will visit him at his club for some training sessions like the other goalkeepers currently in the team.

According to Pinnick plans are underway for Pionetti to visit goalkeepers of the team with Alampasu included for one on one training before a decision will be made on their possible inclusion in the Super Eagles team for the World Cup.
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/04/19/ro ... r-trainer/


It's true. Heard him say this on one of the sports program last week on radio.

_________________
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 3:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 13226
If Rohr is going for a non playing goalie, then why not go for the best non playing goalie of all


VINCENT ENYEAMA :clap: :clap: :clap:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 5:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 11:02 pm
Posts: 6889
As well as Rohr & NFF Have done with the team, this is one area where they have done poorly.

Yes, Ikeme's illness was unforseen, but they kept wasting invitations on Alampasu and Akpeyi, when there were better keepers that did not get an invitation.

Alampasu has done nothing to merit an SE call. He had the luck of injury to the starter during the U-17 qualifiers to thank for keeping in the UAE. He is not an outstanding keeper, but keeps getting invited. He has been invited and has been collecting allowances and chopping bench at the U-20 level, U-23 level, CHAN level and SE level. He does not play for his club, & that whole setup may just be some paddy paddy arrangement (Nigerian owner doing someone in NFF a favor?)

As for Akpeyi, the less said the better. He somehow got invited to the Olympic squad as an overaged player, yet chopped bench to Daniel throughout. He has been found out severally at the SE level, yet some ignorant people here would say he deserves to be in the team because he plays abroad (Sadly, Rohr expressed the same sentiment in an interview). As I've said before, the level of play in SA is not better than the NPFL. Maybe less Chuachua, better pitches, funding and organisation, but not better competition.
Also, Akpeyi was never the best keeper in the NPFL (another lie circulated on here). We have had many average Nigerian keepers enjoy long Careers in SA in addition to Akpeyi, including Christian Obi, Willy Okpara, Peterside Idah and Greg Etafia.

Two deserving GKs who are much better than the 2 above are Femi Thomas of Rangers and David Nwolokor of Rijeka and should be in the list of 35.

Again, I repeat that Femi Thomas is probably the most fundamentally sound Nigerian keeper in the NPFL, and his continuous exclusion suggests there is more than meets the eye. He was at the leading domestic club Enyimba for many years and has been the best keeper in the league this season with Rangers. He leads the league in clean sheets despite missing many weeks due to injury.

Put Nwolokor besides Alampasu, and you can tell there is something funny going on. Nwolokor is 22, has started for 2 teams in 2 different countries in Europe over the last 3 years, and is on the books of one of the leading clubs in Croatia. His body of work betters Alampasu's by a clear mile.
The fact that it is Pinnick announcing Alampasu's return to the team is really funny.

As for Enyeama, I am lukewarm. I honestly don't think he will be among the top 3 in a camp with the best options invited to camp, and I am not enthused about a keeper who publicly said that he was too big to sit on the bench of the Super Eagles because of his club.

Just as an aside. Junior Lokosa should be on the list of 35, and Elderson should be nowhere near anywhere Eagles are gathered, even if it is in a bird sanctuary.


Last edited by truetalk on Wed May 09, 2018 6:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 6:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:32 pm
Posts: 28246
Enyeama: From hero to retired hero.


anointed wrote:
Quote:
Enyeama: From hero to World Cup outcast

Posted By: CHIJIOKE EZEALI On: May 6, 2018 In: SOS, Sports
What has happened to Vincent Enyeama? Where is he and why he may be out of Nigeria’s World Cup list. CHIJIOKE EZEALI in this piece tries to fix the puzzle
Nigeria was the first African Nation to qualify for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia and seemingly achieved the proud feat with the youngest team in the world during the qualification process .
The three-time African Champions under the tutelage of Gernot Rohr are playing with a renewed vigour, confidence and swagger good enough to raise the hopes of their teaming supporters who now expect the team to become the first African side to reach the semi-final of the Mundial.
The friendly wins over two-time World Cup champions Argentina and Poland who had the presence of one of the best forwards in the world Robert Lewandowski, has further heightened expectations despite defeat against Serbia.

However, the biggest worry for some section of the fans in Nigeria is the lack of a top notch goalkeeper for the national team as the likes of Ikechukwu Ezenwa, Daniel Akpeyi and Francis Uzoho have failed to cease the opportunity created with the absence of Carl Ikeme who is still in recovery following his battle with leukaemia.
The Super Eagles 35-man list provisional list for the Mundial will be announced on May 14 and the name of veteran Lille goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama is almost certain not to be included judging by the words of the national team gaffer.
“He (Enyeama) is not playing anywhere, so we cannot take players who are not playing,” Rohr told reporters at the Aiteo/Nigeria Football Federation Awards in February.
“We are working hard to have the best of our legs taken to Russia and we don’t have the luxury of naming a player that has not been playing in recent time.
“Each time we have a problem, there is always a good answer and I hope it will be the same for the World Cup. We currently have so many players in camp and we want to continue monitoring them. The most important thing is for them to be in best shape for the Mundial.”
The 35-year-old is arguable Nigeria’s finest goalkeeper in history following successful careers for both club and country but despite calls from some quarters that he be re-invited into the Super Eagles squad, the former Enyimba goalie is yet to officially come out of retirement since 2015.

Enyeama’s situation is not an easy one as he suffered a knee injury while playing for Lille on April 15, 2017 and only just came back to action for the B side following some intense rehabilitation.
The Nigerian hasn’t been a part of Lille’s first squad since his return and may not until his contract runs out at the end of this season as the club’s current manager, Christophe Galtier recently revealed to France Football.
“It’s a problem between Enyeama and the club, that’s the bottom line,” Galtier said. “It’s a problem between the club management and Enyeama.”
Although the manager wasn’t explicit on what exactly transpired between Enyeama and the Lille management, it is very evident that he is out of the side not for pure football reasons and without him the former French champions have the fourth worst defensive record in Ligue1, having conceded 59 in 35 matches.
Lille are currently languishing second from bottom with a very slim chance of surviving relegation. But why the cruelty on the highest capped goalkeeper in Nigeria’s history with 101 caps?
‘The real reason Enyeama is being banished from the first team is because the club is embarking on a new project which will see them groom and sell players,’ a source close to the player revealed to The Nation .
‘Let’s face it, Vinny doesn’t have a resale value because he is 35 now. The club wants a younger squad and players over 30 are mostly affected by this new project.
‘Enyeama is just waiting for the end of the season to find a new club but I can reliably inform you that he doesn’t want to leave France. It was a pity he suffered a long time injury, he could’ve moved before now.’
Looking through the Lille squad, Mike Maignan 31, originally of Guyana before adopting France has been the club’s number one this season and kept for 31matches in Ligue 1.
Kouakou Herve Koffi 21, from Burkina Faso, has made four appearances for Lille this season while 21-year-old Slovakian Adam Jakubech has been on the bench four times this season and all look like lost ships without the Nigerian to guide their progress at the club.
When Enyeama signed for Hapoel Tel Aviv in 2007/08. They endured a poor season but he helped the team avoid relegation and reach the state cup final.
During the 2008/09 season, Enyeama became Hapoel’s penalty kicker, won the “Player of The Year” award, and just missed leading Hapoel to the league title.
On 8 December 2013, Enyeama conceded a goal for the first time after playing 1,062 minutes of Ligue 1 football in an away match against Bordeaux, during which he was beaten by Landry N’Guémo’s deflected strike in the 27th minute. He thus came within 114 minutes of equalling Gaëtan Huard’s Ligue 1 goalkeeping record, set in 1993, of playing 1,176 minutes without conceding a goal.
On that form, he powered the Super Eagles to African Nations Cup glory in 2013 for the first time in 19years, playing a leading role with a lot of unforgettable moments created for fans.
He was named among the top 10 goalkeepers in Europe for the 2015/16 season by the Swiss-based CIES Football Observatory and in the following season the Professional Union of French Players (UNFP) nominated him for the best goalkeeper award in the French Ligue 1 after brilliantly keeping 14 clean sheets in 21 matches.
Interesting how Lille will risk relegation just to freeze experienced campaigners like Enyeama out of the club when 40-year-old Gianluigi “Gigi” Buffon is actively playing for Juventus and still nursing the ambition of winning the UEFA Champions League after recent elimination in the hands of Real Madrid in the quarter-final of this season’s competition.
Enyeama may well play into his 40’s because of the longevity of goalkeepers as long as he watches after himself, takes the right diet and engage in the right training programs.
At 35, Enyeama is still Nigeria’s best and it will make sense if Super Eagles manager Gernot Rohr tests him in the remaining friendlies before announcing his final squad for the World Cup. Some are against him returning to the team and argued that he will disrupt the harmony of the younger generation of players in camp.
Some pundits even suggested that he may want the captaincy of the team but the player himself may not be bothered with that like a lot of people think.
‘Captaincy is not a problem for me because it’s not my birth right,’ Enyeama told Channels Television Sports Tonight program after he was stripped of the band under former Eagles Coach Sunday Oliseh.
Enyeama gave the Super Eagles 13 quality years of service but the episode that led to his exit wasn’t the smoothest and he could be a very good mentor for the new goalkeepers in the current squad.
Mikel Obi went to the African Nations Cup in 2006 despite not playing much football due to the Chelsea and Manchester United transfer sage at the time but showed why he is highly rated with a goal in Nigeria’s second game against Zimbabwe after creating the first goal for Christian Obodo. All that the former Chelsea star needed was a chance and must be grateful to Coach Augustine Eguavoen for not dropping him for the more active players.
Age is just a number especially for a world class goalkeeper like Enyeama. Egyptian Essam El-Hadary at 45 could’ve been the oldest goalkeeper at the Mundial ever if injury had not ruled him out.
But in football, there’s always a place for loyalty just like German national team boss Joachim Löw has shown towards Manuel Neuer who he has repeatedly named as his first choice for the 2018 World Cup despite the Bayern Munich star not playing a single minute this season so far due to injury.
But just like Enyeama, 32-year-old Neuer returned to training in April but with the assurance that he will be between the sticks in Russia when hostilities resume for the biggest soccer fiesta.
“When Manuel came to us on Tuesday, together with Andy Kopke [coach] and Dr [Hans-Wilhelm] Muller-Wohlfahrt [we] had a long conversation with him. Manuel is absolutely on schedule. It is planned that he will still play at Bayern this season,” he said on March 22, 2018.
“The doctor has assured me that the condition of his scar and the growing together of the bones are absolutely fine and look very good.
“However, at the current stage he is not allowed to [train] at maximum, he is currently training at 90 per cent and wants to increase to 100 per cent this week so that he is fully resilient.
“Then he can still get the necessary security in the training sessions. I assume and am very optimistic that Manuel will be present at the World Cup.”
Goalkeepers get better with age just like fine wine. At the FIFA World Cup in 2014, Faryd Mondragón became the oldest player to appear at the Mundial when he helped Colombia 4-1 win over Japan. He was aged 43 years and 3 days old.
Joseph-Antoine Bell was 40, when he represented Cameroon at the USA 94′ World Cup and Thomas N’Kono was 38-year-old and Jacques Songo’o was the youngest was 30.
Enyeama still remains a fantastic choice for the Super Eagles and will be a quality addition to the team if Gernot Rohr needs him because the current goalkeepers available to him are not in peak form if we are to be very sincere.
The German tactician has done well since took charge of the three-time African Champions and if he feels he doesn’t need Enyeama’s experience and presence – that must be respected but as a fan that wants the best for his country. I see the Lille shot stopper as a very good addition for the senior national team.
http://thenationonlineng.net/enyeama-fr ... p-outcast/

_________________
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 8:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:10 pm
Posts: 98
On point!

Try the man in the next couple of friendlies just like Mr. Rohr did with Uzoho. If Enyeama fails to impress, then drop him from the final selection. Forget about team disruption, these guys are professionals. Besides, I believe there is mutual respect between him and Mikel (the captain), especially since both men would be the most senior players on the team. The Oliseh issue was an isolated incident. I believe Pinnick has a big say in what is going on. Judging from some of Enyeama’s video clips displayed on this forum, it is obvious that the man is active, in good shape, and undergoing a serious training regimen. We even saw clips from actual Team –B matches. Nothing wrong with that! In the footage I saw, the man showed sharpness and alertness in goal. The experience of a seasoned goalie cannot be underestimated-- especially someone of Enyeama's caliber. Club play or no club play – how would we know if he is our best goalie or not, if the man is not given a shot? Pride goeth before destruction!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 10:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:01 am
Posts: 47101
...he's clueless because own guy has not been called in :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 11:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 15457
The fact that there’s been no comments recently from Vince or Rohr probably signifies that there’s an arrangement between them already or the matter is long forgotten about. Our friend Obong said Vince is coming back. Fashola , shola and Ishola all supposedly begged Vince and he has agreed to return. We shall see.

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 12:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:34 pm
Posts: 1904
Vince doesn’t deserved to be begged. Lai lai! He is a legend but no one is above Nigeria.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 3:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 15457
john12 wrote:
Vince doesn’t deserved to be begged. Lai lai! He is a legend but no one is above Nigeria.


Rakitic,modric and madzukic agree with you.

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 10:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:12 pm
Posts: 22466
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
john12 wrote:
Vince doesn’t deserved to be begged. Lai lai! He is a legend but no one is above Nigeria.


Rakitic,modric and madzukic agree with you.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap: :mrgreen:

_________________
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 01bakana, Ad, Google [Bot], maceo4, naijaguy, oloye, YemiBrazil and 16 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group