World Cup 2018: Cameroon legend Lauren makes blunt predictio

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: World Cup 2018: Cameroon legend Lauren makes blunt predi

Post by bamenda boy »

highbury wrote:
bamenda boy wrote:
highbury wrote:He can honestly be wrong. In as much as quality is one of the ingredients in predicting future success, it is not the be all end all. To be successful, a team needs to be united, lucky, tactical, disciplined, possess great mental strength and belief. The last one being the most important. To me, that explains why the winners have come from a few countries
Is there any African team that has the aforementioned qualities?
Nigeria! Although the Serbian game made me cautious
Are you sure you guys are United and tactically disciplined?
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

What is blunt about this prediction? This has never happened before.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

bamenda boy wrote:
highbury wrote:
bamenda boy wrote:
highbury wrote:He can honestly be wrong. In as much as quality is one of the ingredients in predicting future success, it is not the be all end all. To be successful, a team needs to be united, lucky, tactical, disciplined, possess great mental strength and belief. The last one being the most important. To me, that explains why the winners have come from a few countries
Is there any African team that has the aforementioned qualities?
Nigeria! Although the Serbian game made me cautious
Are you sure you guys are United and tactically disciplined?
Are you sure we are not?
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

I see guys now don't agree with him yet attack me when I say Nigeria can win the world cup.So if you don't agree that no African team can go pass last 8,technically you are saying an African team can get to semi and my question is if u can get to semi and 2 games away for become world champs,what is so hard that people attack me.?
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

gmoni1 wrote:Former Cameroon international Lauren has predicted that no African team will get past the quarter-final of the 2018 Fifa World Cup.

Nigeria, Tunisia, Senegal, Morocco and Egypt are the continent’s representatives in Russia, and they would be hoping to challenge for the coveted trophy.

Since Africa’s first participation in the quadrennial football showpiece in 1934, only Cameroon (1990), Senegal (2002), and Ghana (2010) have reached the competition’s last eight.

And the 41-year-old does not believe the five African flagbearers can challenge the status quo, because they are still a step behind the top teams.

"I could say Africa will be in the semis, we're going to win, but that's not the reality," Lauren told BBCSport.

"To be honest with you, I can't see any of them go further than the quarter finals. This is my honest opinion because we are still one step behind the top teams.

"I can't see them challenge Germany, Argentina, Spain or Brazil, they are not in that level.

"I don't like to lie to people. I am very honest, I speak my mind because we don't do things the right way.

"It happens in football, it happens in so many other African societies."

The 2018 World Cup kicks off on June 14 when hosts Russia tackle Saudi Arabia in the opening game at the Luzhniki Stadium, Moscow.

https://sports.yahoo.com/fkf-president- ... 00322.html
PLEASE REFER TO THE HIGHLIGHTED

Isn't that true? In football and other things?
Bell
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

Someone who has played the game at the top most level says it as he sees it but some how he still gets insulted. damn shame.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

Lauren called it correct.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)